[12/02/20 - 06:01 AM] Final Ten Episodes of Emmy-Winning Worldwide Hit Series "Vikings" Premiering First on Prime Video "On December 30, Prime members in the US, UK, Germany, Austria and Ireland will be the first to learn the fates of the beloved characters as the epic drama concludes in the final ten episodes," said Brad Beale.
[via press release from Amazon]
FINAL TEN EPISODES OF EMMY-WINNING WORLDWIDE HIT SERIES "VIKINGS" PREMIERING FIRST ON PRIME VIDEO
Series finale coming to Prime Video in the US, UK, Germany, Austria and Ireland on 12/30
Viking Warriors and Sons of the Great Ragnar Lothbrok
Bjorn Ironside, Ivar the Boneless, Ubbe and Hvitserk
See Their Fates Decided in Series Finale
CULVER CITY, Calif. - Dec. 2, 2020 - Amazon Prime Video announced today that the final ten episodes of the hit drama series Vikings are premiering first on Prime Video in the US, UK, Germany, Austria and Ireland on 12/30.
The first ten episodes of the season aired earlier this year. Vikings, the critically acclaimed, Emmy Award winning series from creator and sole writer Michael Hirst (Academy Award(R) winning film Elizabeth and the Emmy(R) and Golden Globe(R) nominated series The Tudors) is a family saga that tells the remarkable tales of the lives and epic adventures of the Nordic raiders and explorers of the Dark Ages.
"Prime Video has already delighted Prime members with all five and a half seasons of Vikings", said Brad Beale, VP of Worldwide Content Licensing for Prime Video. "On December 30, Prime members in the US, UK, Germany, Austria and Ireland will be the first to learn the fates of the beloved characters as the epic drama concludes in the final ten episodes."
The first part of the sixth and final season concluded with an epic battle between the Rus and Vikings where brother fought brother, Bjorn Ironside (Alexander Ludwig) fighting for his homeland alongside King Harald (Peter Franzen) against Ivar the Boneless (Alex Høgh Andersen) now fighting with the Rus forces in an attempt to gain control of Norway. The battle ends in tragedy with Bjorn left for dead on the battlefield, betrayed by Ivar and with the future of their ancestral home, Kattegat, at stake.
As we approach the end of our epic saga, the tumultuous conflict between the Rus and Vikings comes to a conclusion with grave consequences. While in Iceland, Ubbe is determined to fulfill his father Ragnar's dream and sail further west than any Viking has traveled before. And there is unfinished business in England. The Vikings have established settlements there, and over-run most of the country - except for Wessex. The King of Wessex, Alfred the Great, is the only Saxon ruler to seriously challenge their complete domination. Ivar the Boneless must again face, in battle, the King he only knew as a boy for a final reckoning.
"Our monumental Vikings saga is coming to its conclusion, but not before you've had to chance to watch some of my all-time favorite episodes," said Vikings creator, executive producer and sole writer Michael Hirst, "Prime Video will uniquely expose the series finale to a streaming audience first. Prepare to be astonished, and for many surprises along the way. And if you have tears to shed, then also be prepared to shed them."
Hirst serves as executive producer along with Morgan O'Sullivan of TM Productions (The Count of Monte Cristo; The Tudors), Sheila Hockin (The Tudors, The Borgias), John Weber of Take 5 Productions (The Tudors, The Borgias), Sherry Marsh, Alan Gasmer, and James Flynn (The Tudors, The Borgias).
Vikings is an international Irish/Canadian co-production by TM Productions and Take 5 Productions. MGM Television serves as the worldwide distributor outside of Ireland and Canada. Vikings is produced in association with Corus Entertainment.
About Prime Video:
Prime Video offers customers a vast collection of movies, series, and sports - all available to watch on hundreds of compatible devices.
· Included with Prime Video: Watch movies, series and sports, including Thursday Night Football, award-winning Amazon Originals, and other exclusives. Enjoy hits like Borat Subsequent Moviefilm, The Boys, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, Chemical Hearts, Upload, Troop Zero, and My Spy, plus Emmy Award winners Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Prime members also get access to licensed content.
· Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add channels like CBS All Access, BET+, EPIX, Noggin, NBA League Pass, MLB.tv, STARZ and SHOWTIME - no extra apps to download, and no cable required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at amazon.com/channels.
· Rent or Buy: Enjoy new-release movies to rent or buy, entire seasons of current TV shows available to buy, and special deals just for Prime members.
· Instant access: Watch at home or on the go with your choice of hundreds of compatible devices. Stream from the web or using the Prime Video app on your smartphone, tablet, set-top box, game console, or select smart TV. For a complete list of compatible devices, visit amazon.com/howtostream.
· Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
Prime Video is just one of many shopping and entertainment benefits included with a Prime membership, along with fast, free shipping on millions of Prime-eligible items at Amazon.com, unlimited photo storage, exclusive deals and discounts, and access to ad-free music and Kindle ebooks. To sign up or start a 30-day free trial of Prime, visit: amazon.com/prime.
Metro Goldwyn Mayer (MGM) is a leading entertainment company focused on the production and global distribution of film and television content across all platforms. The company owns one of the world's deepest libraries of premium film and television content as well as the premium pay television network EPIX, which is available throughout the U.S. via cable, satellite, telco, and digital distributors. In addition, MGM has investments in numerous other television channels, digital platforms, interactive ventures, and is producing premium short-form content for distribution. For more information, visit www.mgm.com.