FRED ARMISEN, KRISTEN BELL, NICOLE RICHIE & JB SMOOVE JOIN MAYA RUDOLPH AND AMY POEHLER ON NBC'S STAR-STUDDED "BAKING IT" HOLIDAY SPECIAL, AIRING DEC. 12 AT 10 P.M. ET/PT
NBC Holiday Special Kicks Off New Season of Peacock's "Baking It," Dropping Same-Day, Featuring 16 Talented New Bakers From All Over the Country
· Maya Rudolph and Amy Poehler reunite to host and executive produce "Baking It" Season 2 on Peacock, which will kick off with a lively celebrity holiday special on Dec. 12 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on NBC.
· Fred Armisen, Kristen Bell, Nicole Richie & JB Smoove are joining this friendly competition to "cele-bake" the holidays and raise some dough for their favorite charities. Maya and Amy will keep their friends on their toes with thrilling twists throughout the episode.
· The celebrities draw inspiration for their baking from beloved holiday traditions and family recipes. Their tasty treats include:
· Austrian Schaumrollen and Pickle Soup made by Kristen Bell, whose competitive nature led her to make two delectable dishes.
· Sticky Apple Cake made by holiday lover Nicole Richie, who starts her festive season as early as September.
· Vegan Banana Pudding Cake made by self-proclaimed "Cake Architect" JB Smoove, who made up his recipe on the spot.
· Venezuelan Hallacas made by Fred Armisen, a recipe he got from his mother, although he has never baked before. Though it's his first time baking, Armisen is a seasoned vet at NBC. Viewers can also catch him on the "That's My Jam" holiday special airing Dec 5.
· Dropping the same day as the NBC holiday special, "Baking It" Season 2 premieres Dec. 12 on Peacock, with a new batch of bakers competing in teams in a series of captivating challenges hilariously designed by Maya and Amy themselves. These challenges will test the competitors across a variety of bakes for the chance to win some serious money and the adoration of the beloved "Baking It" judges, a panel of opinionated grandmothers!
· "Baking It" Season 2 is bursting with exploding cakes, banging with smashed bakes and booming with laughs. Nothing is off the table as "Making It" creator Amy Poehler's love of crafting and storytelling shines through in each delectable dish.
· The competitors will get seriously creative with their savory and sweet designs. The new batch of bakers are:
· Roommates Allen Speigner and Matthew Bardoner | Cookeville, TN
· Brothers Keith Holland and Corey Holland | Fort Washington MD and Decatur, GA
· Siblings Reema Patel and Ravi Patel | Chicago, IL
· Couple Sharon "Sevn" Strickland and Shemara "Kandyy" Pittman | Charlotte, NC
· Mother/daughter Madison "Maddie" Howton and April Howton | Florence, AL
· Sisters Sydney Brasuell and Jenna Brasuell | McKinney, TX
· Friends Yuki Burton and Omonivie "Olma" Agboghidi | Oakland, CA
· Married couple Agnes Tamburello Molina and George Molina | Middle Village, NY
ABOUT THE SERIES
Premiere Date: December 12
Creators: Amy Poehler, Nicolle Yaron
Hosts: Amy Poehler, Maya Rudolph
Executive Producers: Amy Poehler, Maya Rudolph, Nicolle Yaron, Pip Wells, Kate Arend and Dave Becky
Produced by: Universal Television Alternative Studio, a division of Universal Studio Group, in association with Paper Kite Productions and 3 Arts Entertainment
Format: 5 x 60 min + 1 Special, Unscripted Competition Series
BAKING IT: MAYA RUDOLPH AND AMY POEHLER'S CELEBRITY HOLIDAY SPECIAL:
Maya Rudolph and Amy Poehler invite their famous friends to cele-bake the holidays in a friendly competition to raise some dough for their favorite charities.
BAKING IT (S2) SERIES DESCRIPTION:
Maya Rudolph and Amy Poehler invite a new batch of home baker teams to a second season of their award-winning musical baking competition show. With bigger and batter challenges judged by a panel of grandmothers, one baking team will rise to the occasion and win some serious dough.