Foster�s Home for Imaginary Friends Claims All-Time Friday 7 p.m. Ratings, Delivery Crown for Best Kids Performance in Cartoon Network History
Triple-Digit Gains with Kids 6-11 Earns Foster�s the Highest-rated Original Series Telecast to Date in 2004
Atomic Betty Premiere Also Charts Double-Digit Gains Across Key Kids Demos
Continuing its streak of double and triple-digit ratings and delivery gains across its target kid demos, Cartoon Network�s red-hot original series Foster�s Home for Imaginary Friends staked another landmark as the network�s all-time top performing program on any Friday night at 7 p.m. since network launch in 1992, according to Nielsen Media Research. The series also scored as the highest-rated Cartoon Network Original telecast with kids 6-11 at any time to date in 2004. Highlights of Foster�s Home for Imaginary Friends� vs. the same time periods last year include the following:
Foster�s Home for Imaginary Friends (Friday, 7 p.m.)
- Telecast ranked #1 in its time period on basic cable among kids 6-11, kids 2-11, boys 6-11 and boys 2-11.
- Kids 6-11 delivery (1,267,000) surged by 109% and ratings (5.2) by 108%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,681,000) increased by 79% and ratings (4.2) by 75%.
- Posted series� highest delivery & ratings ever among kids 6-11.
Foster�s Home for Imaginary Friends (Encore Telecast, Friday, 10:30 p.m.)
- Ranked #1 in its time period on basic cable with kids 6-11, boys 6-11, kids 2-11, boys 2-11 and girls 2-11.
- Highest-rated Cartoon Network Original telecast 2004 to date with boys 6-11.
- Posted the series� highest rating and delivery ever with kids 2-11, boys 2-11 and boys 6-11.
Cartoon Network also introduced an additional original series to its Friday night line-up, Atomic Betty, which premiered at 9:30 p.m. to double-digit gains across all kids demos. Highlights of Atomic Betty�s premiere performance vs. the same time period last year include the following:
Atomic Betty (Friday, 9:30 p.m.)
- Kids 6-11 delivery (784,000) improved by 50% and ratings (3.2) by 45%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,291,000) advanced by 54% and ratings (3.3) by 57%.
Overall last week, Cartoon Network�s kids� total day performance once again showed significant growth across the kid key demos compared to the same time period last year:
Kids Total Day (Monday-Sunday, 6 a.m.-6 a.m., Kids� Programming)
- Kids 6-11 delivery (440,000) grew by 17% and ratings (1.8) by 13%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (748,000) and ratings (1.9) both jumped by 12%.
- Tweens 9-14 delivery (333,000) rose by 13% and ratings (1.4) by 17%.
Cartoon Network, currently seen in 87.1 million U.S. homes and 160 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.�s 24-hour, ad-supported cable service offering the best in animated entertainment.
RATING PERIOD: 09/13/04 � 09/19/04
SOURCE: Turner Entertainment Research from Nielsen Media Research data. These television ratings data are reproduced here with permission from Nielsen Media Research. Reproduction of these data in volume, without permission from Nielsen Media Research, is prohibited.
NOTES: All ratings based on Total U.S. Television Universe of 108,400,000 homes.