New Ed, Edd n Eddy�s Jingle Jingle Jangle Sets Record as Top-Rated Special of 2004 For Cartoon Network with Kids 6-11
Performance Leads FRIDAYS Block of Holiday Specials to #1 Ranking in Its Time Period on Basic Cable with Kids 6-11
ADULT SWIM Sets New Network Records for Largest Adults 18-34 and Women 18-34 Delivery for Single Telecast with Family Guy
Presenting its first original holiday special of the season, Cartoon Network set a new 2004 record for the highest kids 6-11 delivery and rating of any special with Ed, Edd n Eddy�s Jingle Jingle Jangle (Friday, 8 p.m.), according to Nielsen Media Research. The brand-new half-hour special earned triple-digit delivery and ratings increases year to year among kids and boys 6-11, as well as strong double-digit growth among all other target demos. The program, featuring three rambunctious boys each named �Ed� who discover a true meaning of Christmas through a series of crazy misadventures, led Cartoon Network�s franchise destination FRIDAYS to triple-digit gains among kids 6-11 with an evening of animated holiday programming. Highlights of FRIDAYS performance vs. the same time period last year include the following:
Ed, Edd n Eddy�s Jingle Jingle Jangle (Friday, 8 p.m.)
- Scored Cartoon Network�s highest kids 6-11 delivery and rating for a special in 2004.
- Kids 6-11 delivery (1,261,000) ballooned by 128% and ratings (5.2) by 126%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,541,000) jumped by 60% and ratings (3.9) by 63%.
FRIDAYS (Friday, 6:30 p.m.-12 a.m.)
- Ranked #1 in its time period on basic cable in rating and delivery with kids 6-11, boys 6-11, and boys 2-11.
- Kids 6-11 delivery (992,000) improved by 38% and ratings (4.1) by 37%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,307,000) advanced by 17% and ratings (3.3) by 18%.
Dr. Seuss� How The Grinch Stole Christmas (Friday, 8:30 p.m.)
- Kids 6-11 delivery (1,081,000) surged by 122% and ratings (4.5) by 125%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,385,000) increased by 54% and ratings (3.5) by 52%.
The Night B-4 Christmas (Friday, 9:15 p.m.)
- Kids 6-11 delivery (1,032,000) expanded by 114% and ratings (4.3) by 115%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,361,000) grew by 52% and ratings (3.4) by 48%.
Cartoon Network�s phenomenal ADULT SWIM also set a new network record, scoring the largest adults 18-34 audience for a single telecast: 1,241,000 viewers for Family Guy (Tuesday, Nov. 11, 11:30 p.m.). The telecast also garnered Cartoon Network�s largest women 18-34 audience in network history�538,000 viewers. Futhermore, the entire ADULT SWIM block earned double-digit delivery and ratings increase across all target demos:
ADULT SWIM (Monday-Thursday, Saturday-Sunday, 11 p.m.-2 a.m.)
- Adults 18-34 delivery (515,000) rose by 37% and ratings (0.8) by 33%.
- Adults 18-24 delivery (249,000) lifted by 30% and ratings (0.9) by 29%.
Cartoon Network, currently seen in 87.1 million U.S. homes and 160 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.�s 24-hour, ad-supported cable service offering the best in animated entertainment.
RATING PERIOD: 11/29/04-12/05/04
SOURCE: Turner Entertainment Research from Nielsen Media Research data. These television ratings data are reproduced here with permission from Nielsen Media Research. Reproduction of these data in volume, without permission from Nielsen Media Research, is prohibited.
NOTES: All ratings based on Total U.S. Television Universe of 109,600,000 homes.