Monday-Sunday MIGUZI Leads Delivery, Ratings Growth at Cartoon Network
Four Exclusive Series Each Continue Earning Double-Digit Gains among Kids 6-11, Kids 2-11; Triple-Digit Delivery, Ratings Growth among Target Girls 6-11
Still rising after 16 consecutive weeks in overall kids� total day and prime time delivery and ratings, Cartoon Network�s newest franchise, MIGUZI (Monday-Sunday, 5-7 p.m.), led the network with powerful double-digit growth among all target demos, according to Nielsen Media Research. Each of its four animated series�Totally Spies (5 p.m.), Static Shock (5:30 p.m.), Megas XLR (6 p.m.) and Teen Titans (6:30 p.m.)�delivered significant growth among kids 6-11 and kids 2-11. Furthermore, with a mandate of reaching more girls 6-11, MIGUZI and each of its series attracted mostly triple-digit gains with girls without losing any of the boys already inclined to tune-in to the afternoon action-adventure franchise.
Highlights of MIGUZI�s performance, along with each of its individual series vs. the same time period last year include the following:
MIGUZI (Monday-Sunday, 5-7 p.m.)
- Kids 6-11 delivery (571,000) rose by 25% and ratings (2.4) by 26%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (885,000) climbed ahead by 30% and ratings (2.2) by 29%.
- Girls 6-11 delivery (204,000) jumped by 137% and ratings (1.7) by 143%.
Totally Spies (Monday-Sunday, 5 p.m.)
- Kids 6-11 delivery (551,000) increased by 31% and ratings (2.3) by 28%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (836,000) and ratings (2.1) both improved by 31%
- Girls 6-11 delivery (254,000) mushroomed by 206% and ratings (2.1) by 200%.
Static Shock (Monday-Sunday, 5:30 p.m.)
- Kids 6-11 delivery (585,000) expanded by 36% and ratings (2.4) by 33%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (909,000) advanced by 40% and ratings (2.3) by 44%.
- Girls 6-11 delivery (228,000) improved by 156% and ratings (1.9) by 138%.
Megas XLR (Monday-Sunday, 6 p.m.)
- Kids 6-11 delivery (572,000) grew by 22% and ratings (2.4) by 20%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (893,000) bounded by 31% and ratings (2.3) by 35%.
- Girls 6-11 delivery (160,000) rose by 80% and ratings (1.4) by 75%.
Teen Titans (Monday-Sunday, 6:30 p.m.)
- Kids 6-11 delivery (575,000) increased by 15% and ratings (2.4) by 14%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (904,000) improved by 20% and ratings (2.3) by 21%.
- Girls 6-11 delivery (172,000) surged by 107% and ratings (1.5) by 114%.
Cartoon Network, currently seen in 87.8 million U.S. homes and 160 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.�s 24-hour, ad-supported cable service offering the best in animated entertainment.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, is a major producer of news and entertainment product around the world and the leading provider of programming for the basic cable industry.
RATING PERIOD: 4/11/05-4/17/05
SOURCE: Turner Entertainment Research from Nielsen Media Research data. These television ratings data are reproduced here with permission from Nielsen Media Research. Reproduction of these data in volume, without permission from Nielsen Media Research, is prohibited.
NOTES: All ratings based on Total U.S. Television Universe of 109,600,000 homes.