Justified Ratings - Season 2 Premiere Episode - The Nationals
Source: The Nielsen Company Live+Same Day
Last night's (2/9/11, 10 PM) season two premiere episode of FX's critically acclaimed drama Justified posted a very solid second season premiere, posting an increases of +43% in Adults 18-49 (1.74 million vs. 1.22 million) and +42% in Total Viewers (3.47 million vs. 2.43 million) over it season one average .
It ranked #1 in its basic cable time period in Adults and Men 18-49, Adults and Men 25-54 and Total Viewers. What's more, Justified - along with the broadcast premiere of theatrical Wanted - drove FX to rank #1 for the night in basic cable in all key adult and men demos: P/M18-49; P/M18-34; and P/M25-54, and #2 in Total Viewers. Data set attached; Live+Same Day 000s.
Vs. Year-Ago Premiere and Season Average
Justified posted across-the-board gains compared to its Season 1 norm - for example, by +43% in P18-49 (1,743 vs. 1,223); +43% in M18-49 (1,134 vs. 796); +59% in P18-34 (887 vs. 559); +36% in P25-54 (1,818 vs. 1,337); and +42% in Total Viewers (3,466 vs. 2,433). What's more, Justified's second-season premiere is its third most-watched telecast to date in P18-49 behind its first two telecasts last season; among W18-34, last night's telecast stands as its most-watched telecast to date and its second most-watched in W18-49 and W25-54. Finally, Justified retained 85% of its season one premiere in P18-49 with retention stronger in W18-49 than M18-49 (98% vs. 80%).
Vs. Lead-in: Justified's movie lead-in, the broadcast premiere of Wanted, notched a stellar 1,517 to rank as Justified's most-watched lead-in to date. In fact, Wanted was +49% stronger than Justified's year ago series premiere lead-in, Live Free or Die Hard (1,517 vs. 1,020).
· From Wanted, Justified gained virtually across the board: +15% in P18-49, +20% in M18-49, +22% in P25-54, +31% in M25-54, and +24% in Total Viewers.
Rank in its Basic Cable Time Period (Wednesday, 1000 - 1100P): Justified ranked #1 in its basic cable time period in P/M18-49, P/M25-54, and Total Viewers; Justified ranked #2 in P/M18-34.
· For example, in P18-49 Justified (1,743) outdelivered Storage Wars (2x)/A&E by +5% (1,663); Top Chef/Bravo by +11% (1,570); American Dad (2x)/Adult Swim by +20% (1,447); college basketball/ESPN by +44% (1,211), NCIS/USA by +64% (1,066); I Used to Be Fat/MTV by +84% (946), Restaurant Impossible/FOOD by +91% (911); and Are We There Yet (2x)/TBS by more than double (828).
FX for the Night: Justifed and Wanted powered FX to top four ranks for the night in basic cable across the board: #1 in P/M18-49, P/M18-34, and P/M25-54; #2 in Total Viewers and W18-34; #3 in W25-54; and #4 in W18-49. For example, in P18-49 FX @ #1 (1,520) outdelivered A&E by +35% (1,127); USA by +46% (1,040); ESPN by +48% (1,025); TBS by +74% (872) � and #10-ranked TNT by +132% (655).
Median Age/Audience Composition, Season 2 [P] vs. Season 1 Norm:
· Median Age: virtually identical (46 vs. 47)
· Male/Female Split: 64%/36% -- identical to Season 1
· P18-49 skew of 50% is also identical to Season 1