"DATELINE" RANKS #1 FOR NINE STRAIGHT WEEKS
New York - NY - September 7, 2011 - "Dateline NBC" was the #1 program for Friday, September 2, 2011 on ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox and CW in adults 18-49. It's the 11th time this summer "Dateline" has ranked #1 or tied for #1 among all non-sports Friday telecasts on ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox and CW according to data from Nielsen Media Research.
· From 9-11 p.m. ET, "Dateline" (1.2/4 in 18-49, 4.4 million viewers overall) was #1 in the time period among ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox and CW in adults and women 18-34; adults, men and women 18-49; and adults, men and women 25-54.
· This marks the ninth week in a row and the 12th time in its last 13 telecasts that Friday's "Dateline" has ranked #1 or tied for #1 in the slot among non-sports programs on ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in adults 18-49.
· In the 10:30 lead-in to local news, "Dateline" delivered a 7 percent margin of victory in the key news demo of adults 25-54 (with a 1.6 rating vs. a 1.5 for ABC's second-place "20/20").
· NBC was #1 for the night among ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox and CW in adults 18-49.
· "Dateline" finished in the top 20 in total viewers three times (telecasts of June 17, Aug. 14 and Aug. 21) and in adults 18-49 twice (June 17 and July 8).
"Dateline" featured the following story on Friday, September 2, 2011:
· When young women began disappearing from Albuquerque, police detective Ida Lopez spearheaded an investigation in an effort to bring justice to missing women and their families. Josh Mankiewicz provided an update to the story that was first told in December 2010.
David Corvo is the senior executive producer and Liz Cole is the executive producer of "Dateline NBC" (Fridays at 9pm and Sundays at 7pm ET). Follow "Dateline" on Facebook and Twitter @datelinenbc.