Weekly Ratings Highlights for Sept. 26- Oct. 2, 2011
Final National Ratings
Disney Channel Sweeps All Kids Competition for 16th Consecutive Week
~Marks the Network's Longest Streak at No. 1 in Total Day Among Kids 6-11
~Tops Nickelodeon by Double-Digit Percentages for the 9th Straight Week in Tweens 9-14
Launch of Comedy Series "Jessie" is TV's No. 1 Telecast in Kids 6-11
and Tweens 9-14, and Cable's No. 1 Scripted Telecast in Total Viewers
"Phineas and Ferb" Posts Series High in Tweens 9-14; "Phineas and Ferb" and "Fish Hooks" Are TV's Top 2 Animated Telecasts in Kids 6-11 and Tweens 9-14
"Shake It Up" Levies 8-Month High Among Kids 6-11; Stands as the
Week's No. 2 TV Telecast Among Kids 6-11 and Tweens 9-14
Disney Channel: Weekly Highlights
During the week of September 26, boasting the week's Top 6 TV telecasts fronted by the comedy series launch of "Jessie," Disney Channel ranked as TV's No. 1 network for the 16th consecutive week in Total Day among both Kids 6-11 (563,000/2.3 rating) and Tweens 9-14 (459,000/1.9 rating), marking the network's longest streak at No. 1 on a weekly basis in Kids 6-11.
· For the week, Disney Channel surpassed Nickelodeon by 14% in Kids 6-11 (563,000 vs. 493,000) and by 27% in Tweens 9-14 (459,000 vs. 361,000). Notably, this represented Disney Channel's 4th straight week surpassing Nickelodeon by double-digit percent margins in Kids 6-11 and the 9th consecutive week in Tweens 9-14.
In Prime, Disney Channel netted its 333rd consecutive weekly win in Kids 6-11 (1.1 million/4.3 rating), marking well over 6 years of dominance. In Tweens 9-14 (831,000/3.5 rating), the network was No. 1 for the 68th consecutive week, and for the 330th time in the previous 333 weeks overall.
· Friday's series launch of original comedy "Jessie" ranked as the week's No. 1 TV telecast in Kids 6-11 (2.3 million/9.2 rating) and Tweens 9-14 (1.8 million/7.6 rating), and as cable's No. 1 scripted telecast in Total Viewers (4.6 million).
· On Friday, in Tweens 9-14, "Phineas and Ferb" posted a series high (1.6 million/6.6 rating), while "Fish Hooks" (1.3 million/5.3 rating) delivered its 3rd-largest audience on record, ranking as the week's Top 2 animated telecasts in the target demo, as well as among Kids 6-11.
· Sunday's 1-hour "Shake It Up" was the series' most-watched telecast in Kids 6-11 in 8 months - since 1/23/11 - and ranked No. 3 among all telecasts to date in the demo. In addition, "Shake It Up" was the week's No. 2 TV telecast in both Kids 6-11 (2.0 million/8.0 rating) and Tweens 9-14 (1.7 million/7.1 rating).
· Disney Channel held the week's Top 6 TV telecasts among Kids 6-11:
· Disney Channel held the week's Top 6 TV telecasts among Tweens 9-14:
Source: NTI, U.S. ratings, Live + Same Day: Week of 9/26/11-10/2/11.