Ratings Highlights for November 7-13, 2011 and 2011 To Date
Final National Ratings
Disney Channel Extends Record Streak as TV's No. 1 Network in Total Day
To 22nd Consecutive Weeks in Both Kids 6-11 and Tweens 9-14
~Surpasses Nickelodeon and the Prior Week by Double-Digit Percentages
~Premiere of Original Movie "Geek Charming" is the Week's No. 1 TV Telecast
Pacing for an Historic Yearly No. 1 Ranking in Total Day in Kids 6-11;
Will Rank No. 1 for the 3rd Straight Year in Tweens 9-14
Disney Channel: Total Day and Prime Highlights
During the week of November 7, powered by the premiere and encore of original movie "Geek Charming," Disney Channel extended its record No. 1 streak to 22 consecutive weeks in Total Day in both Kids 6-11 (639,000/2.6 rating) and Tweens 9-14 (523,000/2.2 rating), surpassing Nickelodeon by 11% (vs. 578,000) and 34% (vs. 390,000), respectively.
Impressively, with only 6 weeks remaining in 2011, Disney Channel is now TV's No. 1 network outright in Total Day in Kids 6-11 (671,000/2.7 rating) - a channel first - and will rank No. 1 for the 3rd consecutive year in Tweens 9-14 (539,000/2.2 rating).
· Also noteworthy, this week marked Disney Channel's 42nd week at No. 1 in Tweens 9-14 out of the 46 weeks this year, and 14th time in the previous 15 weeks holding a double-digit percent advantage over Nickelodeon.
· Disney Channel posted solid week to week increases, surging by 13% in Kids 6-11 (639,000 vs. 565,000) and by 11% in Tweens 9-14 (523,000 vs. 471,000).
· In Prime, Disney Channel has been cable's No. 1 network on a weekly basis for well over 6 years in Kids 6-11 (1.2 million/4.9 rating), or 338 consecutive weeks. In Tweens 9-14 (1.0 million/4.2 rating), Disney Channel ranked No. 1 for the 73rd straight week, and for the 335th time in the previous 338 weeks overall.
· Friday's premiere of "Geek Charming" (8:00 - 9:50 p.m.) stood as the week's No. 1 TV telecast in Kids 6-11 (2.2 million/9.0 rating) and Tweens 9-14 (1.9 million/8.1 rating), and cable's No. 2 scripted telecast in Total Viewers (4.9 million).
· Disney Channel delivered the week's Top 11 TV telecasts in Tweens 9-14:
Source: NTI, U.S. ratings. Week of 11/07/11-11/13/11, Live + Same Day; 2011 to date: 12/27/10-11/13/11, most current.