Thursday Metered-Market Results:
· From 9 a.m.-noon, the 85th annual "Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade" averaged a 12.4 rating, 26 share in households in the 56 local markets metered by Nielsen Media Research, finishing within 3% of last year's 12.8/27. "Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade" topped the metered-market household rating of every primetime entertainment telecast on ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox or CW over the past week except the Monday and Tuesday editions of ABC's "Dancing With the Stars" (13.4 Monday from 8-9 p.m. ET, 13.2 Tuesday from 9-11).
· In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, the parade averaged a 6.1/25 in adults 18-49, keeping the parade within a tenth of a rating point of last year's 6.2/25. The 6.1 matches the 2009 result, tying it for the second highest rating in the five years NBC has tracked the event in the Local People Meters.
· The 6.1 rating in Local People Meters for "Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade" beats every primetime entertainment telecast on ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox or CW over the past week
· Top markets for the parade, which was hosted by Matt Lauer, Ann Curry and Al Roker of NBC's "Today," were: West Palm Beach, 22.6/42; Richmond, 21.3/37; Norfolk, 21.1/36; Providence-New Bedford, 20.9/38; Buffalo, 20.2/38; Fort Myers-Naples, 20.0/39; Knoxville, 19.5/35; Columbus, 19.2/36; New York, 18.7/39; and Baltimore, 17.0/34.
· From noon-2 p.m., NBC's coverage of "The National Dog Show Presented by Purina" scored a 4.7/11 in metered-market households. The top five markets for the Dog Show, hosted by John O'Hurley and featuring the commentary of expert analyst David Frei, were West Palm Beach, 10.5/22; Fort Myers-Naples, 9.6/20; Knoxville, 9.5/19; Norfolk, 8.7/15; and Richmond, 8.1/17.
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.