Ratings Highlights March 12-18, 2012 - Final National Ratings
Disney Channel Levies Clean Sweep in Total Day for the 2nd Straight Week
~ #1 TV Network for the 40th Straight Week in Kids 6-11 and Tweens 9-14
~ #1 TV Network for the 3rd Consecutive Week in Kids 2-11
~ #1 Cable TV Network for the 2nd Consecutive Week in Total Viewers
Towers Over Nickelodeon by Double-Digit Percentages for the 19th Straight
Week in Kids 6-11, and for the 21st Straight Week in Tweens 9-14; Earns
2nd-Biggest Competitive Advantage Ever in Total Viewers and Kids 2-11
Disney Channel: Total Day and Prime Highlights
During the week of March 12, 2012, Disney Channel clean swept the competition in Total Day for the 2nd consecutive week, standing as cable TV's #1 network in Total Viewers (1.548 million) and TV's #1 network in Kids 2-11 (873,000/2.2 rating), Kids 6-11 (546,000/2.2 rating) and Tweens 9-14 (462,000/1.9 rating). This marked Disney Channel's 40th consecutive week as TV's #1 network in Kids 6-11 and Tweens 9-14 - dating back to week of June 13, 2011 - a record for the network. In Kids 2-11, this marked Disney Channel's 3rd consecutive week at #1- also a record the channel - and its 6th time in the previous 7 weeks.
· Disney Channel towered over Nickelodeon by 30% in Kids 6-11 (546,000 vs. 420,000) and by 57% in Tweens 9-14 (462,000 vs. 294,000), representing the network's 19th consecutive week dominating by double-digit percentages in Kids 6-11, and the 21st consecutive week in Tweens 9-14.
· In Total Viewers, Disney Channel surpassed Nickelodeon by 9% in Total Day in Total Viewers (1.548 million vs. 1.425 million) and by 9% in Kids 2-11 (873,000 vs. 803,000), representing its 2nd-largest competitive edge ever, behind only the weeks of 8/13/07 and 10/3/11, respectively.
· In Prime, Disney Channel ranked as cable TV's #1 network on a weekly basis for the 356th consecutive week in Kids 6-11 (936,000/3.8 rating), or nearly 7 years in the key demographic. In Tweens 9-14 (797,000/3.3 rating), the network clinched its 91st straight #1 weekly ranking, and was #1 for the 353rd time in the previous 356 weeks overall.
· Disney Channel delivered the week's Top 4 TV telecasts in Kids 6-11, and 8 of the Top 10 overall, led by:
· Disney Channel held the week's Top 11 TV telecasts in Tweens 9-14, and 18 of the Top 20 overall, led by:
[Source: NTI, U.S. ratings. Week of 3/12/12-3/18/12: Live + Same Day. Competitive rank streaks include ties based on rating.]