Ratings Highlights June 25 - July 1, 2012 - Final National Ratings
Disney Channel Scorches the Competition - Is Cable TV's #1 Most-Watched Network in Total Day in Total Viewers for the 4th Consecutive Week,
and in Prime for the 3rd Consecutive Week
Sweeps TV's #1 Total Day Ranking Across Key Kid Demos for 4th Straight Week; Is the Network's Most-Watched Week in Nearly 2 Years in Tweens
~Marks the Network's 55th Consecutive Week at #1 in Kids 6-11 and Tweens 9-14
~Delivers its Most-Watched Week in Nearly 1 Year in Total Viewers and Kids 2-11/Kids 6-11
~Levies Largest Competitive Advantage Ever Over Nickelodeon in Kids 2-11
~Holds the Week's Top 10 TV Telecasts in Kids 2-11, and 19 of the Top 20 in Kids 6-11
Posting Season-2 Highs, "A.N.T. Farm" is TV's #1 Telecast in Kids 6-11; "Good Luck Charlie" is TV's #1 Telecast in Tweens 9-14 and "Jessie" Takes #1 in Kids 2-11
At 2012's Mid-Point, Disney Channel is Pacing as TV's #1 Network in Total Day for the 1st Time Ever in K2-11, for the 2nd Straight Year in K6-11 and the 4th in Tweens; Neck and Neck with Nickelodeon as Cable TV's #1 Network in Viewers
~Stark Reversal from Nick's 30% Lead in Viewers and 28% Lead in K2-11 Just 1 Year Ago
Disney Channel: Total Day and Prime Highlights
During the week of June 25, 2012, Disney Channel blazed past the competition, ranking as cable TV's #1 network in Total Day for the 4th consecutive week in Total Viewers (2.1 million), was the #1 TV network for the 4th straight week in Kids 2-11 (1.2 million/2.8 rating) - levying its largest competitive weekly win over Nickelodeon on record - and was the #1 TV network in Kids 6-11 (852,000/3.5 rating) and Tweens 9-14 (740,000/3.1 rating) for an impressive 55th consecutive week. Moreover, this week stood as the network's most-watched week in nearly 2 years in Tweens 9-14 and in close to 1 year in Total Viewers, Kids 2-11 and Kids 6-11 - since weeks of 7/26/10 and 8/1/11, respectively.
2012 to date, Disney Channel is pacing as TV's #1 network in Total Day for the 1st time in the network's history in Kids 2-11 (934,000/2.3 rating), for the 2nd consecutive year in Kids 6-11 (609,000/2.5 rating), for the 4th consecutive year in Tweens 9-14 (508,000/2.1 rating) and is neck and neck with Nickelodeon as the #1 cable TV network in Total Viewers (1.66 million vs. 1.69 million). This is an impressive turnaround from Nickelodeon's 30% lead at the same point in 2011 in Total Viewers (2.27 million vs. 1.74 million) and its 28% lead in Kids 2-11 (1.25 million vs. 977,000).
· Disney Channel recorded its largest weekly competitive advantage on record over Nickelodeon in Kids 2-11 (+36% - 1.2 million vs. 882,000), marking the network's 4th straight week boasting a double-digit percent advantage in the demo. In Kids 6-11 (+50% - 852,000 vs. 567,000) and Tweens 9-14 (+54% - 740,000 vs. 479,000), this marked Disney Channel's 34th and 36th consecutive weeks, respectively, exceeding Nickelodeon by double-digit percentages.
· In Prime, Disney Channel ranked as cable TV's #1 network in Total Viewers for the 3rd consecutive week (2.9 million) and was the #1 TV network for the 371st straight week in Kids 6-11 (1.3 million/5.4 rating - 7 years), and in Tweens 9-14 (1.1 million/4.5 rating) was #1 for the 106th week in a row.
· Disney Channel delivered the week's Top 10 TV Telecasts in Kids 2-11, led by:
· Disney Channel held the week's Top 7 TV Telecasts in Kids 6-11, and 19 of the Top 20, led by:
· Disney Channel owned the week's #1 TV Telecast in Tweens 9-14, and 19 of the Top 20, led by:
[Source: NTI, U.S. ratings. Week of 6/25/12-7/1/12: Live + Same Day. 2012 to date: 12/26/11 - 7/1/12. Competitive rank streaks include ties based on rating.]