From FX Research (Source: The Nielsen Company, Live+ Same Day)
Anger Management posted week-to-week growth across the board, with Top 5 time period ranks in virtually all key demos and Total Viewers; tune-in continued to be solid. Data below based on P18-49 Live+Same Day 000s unless otherwise indicated; data sets attached.
Anger Management - Week-to-Week Trending, Episode 5 Vs. Episode 4 (Thurs. @ 930P)
Episode 5 of Anger Management posted across-the-board growth week to week of note, +13% in P18-49 (1.42 million vs. 1.25 million) with even stronger gains from the younger portion of the demo: P18-34 (+34%), M18-34 (+26%), and W18-34 (+45%). Last night episode delivered 2.65 million Total Viewers, a gain of +9% vs. prior week (2.42 million) See complete data set below.
Key Competitive (P18-49):
· History: Mountain Men's frosh finale slipped -24% from last week's Swamp People season finale (1,680 [F] vs. 2,200[F]).
· USA: Burn Notice gained +9% week to week (1,635 vs. 1,505).
· TBS: Big Bang inched up +2% (1,450 vs. 1,427).
· Lifetime: Project Runway's Season 10 premiere vaulted +166% from last week's Wife Swap (1,012[P] vs. 380).
· A&E: The First 48 gained +24% (861 vs. 693).
· ABC Family: movie Step Up 2, increased +65% from last week's Mrs. Doubtfire (832 vs. 504).
· Spike: Impact Wrestling advanced +27% (654 vs. 516).
· Syfy: movie The Fifth Element posted a +46% increase over last week's Chronicles of Narnia Prince Caspian (519 vs. 356).
· ESPN: British Open golf sunk -78% from last week's U.S.A. Olympic men's basketball exhibition (375 vs. 1,703).
· TNT: The Mentalist plummeted -19% (293 vs. 360).
· CBS: Big Brother retreated -17% from last week's season premiere (2,665 vs. 3,218[P]).
· ABC: Wipeout slid -4% (2,305 vs. 2,400).
· FOX: The New Girl [R] fell -13% from last week's The Choice [F](1,332 vs. 1,539).
· NBC: Saving Hope eased -3% (716 vs. 740).
· CW: The L.A. Complex [R] bled -31% from week-ago Vampire Diaries [R] (299[R] vs. 432[R]).
Anger Management continues to generate strong tune in, up +60% in P18-49 from its Anger Management [R] lead-in (1,418 vs. 884). This reps a strong increase than the two week prior (+51%/+58%).
· Important to note that Anger Management's lead-in - an Anger Management repeat telecast - increased +6% week to week (884 vs. 831); less than the +13% increase posted by the original telecast (1,418 vs. 1,253).
Rank in Basic Cable Time Period (Thursday @ 930P)
Anger Management delivered Top 5 time period ranks virtually across the board: #2 in M18-34; #3 in M18-49, P18-34, P25-54, and M25-54; #4 in P18-49; and #5 in W18-34 and W25-54. In P18-49, Anger Management (1,418) ranked behind Mountain Men/History (1,680), Burn Notice/USA (1,635), and Big Bang Theory/TBS (1,450) but ahead of the season premiere of Project Runway/Lifetime by +40% (1,012) and The First 48 on A&E by +65% (861), to name a few.
Primetime Rank for the Night
Anger Management ranked among basic cable's Top 5 primetime programs last night: #3 in M18-49; #4 in M18-34, P25-54, and M25-54; and #5 in P18-49. In M18-49, Anger Management (824) placed behind Mountain Men/History (903) and Burn Notice/USA (871) but ahead of Suits/USA by +8% (764) and Big Bang-930P/TBS by +19% (693).
Anger Management - along with Two & a Half Men, a repeat telecast of Anger Management, Wilfred, and Louie - ranked FX ranked #5 for the night in P18-49 and P25-54; and #4 in all three key men demos.
Anger Management vs. All Basic Cable Primetime Scripted Comedy Series - CY12 to date
Five telecasts to date in Live+Same Day, Anger Management ranks as cable's most-watched primetime scripted comedy series in P18-49, P/M, and Total Viewers; and #2 in M18-49 and W25-54.