OWN: OPRAH WINFREY NETWORK SCORES SEVENTH CONSECUTIVE MONTH OF YEAR-OVER-YEAR PRIMETIME GROWTH
August Ratings Post Double Digit Gains Across All Key Demos Versus Year Ago in Primetime and Total Day
Los Angeles - OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network has posted double digit ratings gains for the month of August across all key demos in both primetime (+39% W25-54; +32% total viewers) and total day (+45% W25-54; +54% total viewers) versus year ago numbers marking the network's seventh consecutive month of year-over-year growth in primetime and total day.
Key August highlights include:
· "Oprah's Next Chapter" scored strong numbers with August episodes with singer Rihanna, Olympic gymnast Gabrielle Douglas and actor Kelsey Grammer:
· Rihanna (August 19 at 9 p.m.): 2.43 W25-54; 2.5 million total viewers (#1 in time period among all broadcast and ad-supported cable W25-54)
· Gabrielle Douglas (August 26 at 8:30 p.m.): 1.08 W25-54 and 931,000 total viewers
· Kelsey Grammer (August 26 at 9 p.m.): 1.05 W25-54 and 868,000 total viewers
· "Our America with Lisa Ling" ended its summer season on a high note - its 9 p.m. airing on August 21, which was a follow-up on the controversial "Pray the Gay Away?" episode, hit a season high .52 W25-54 and 388,000 total viewers (up triple digits vs. year ago numbers; +127% W25-54 and +175 in total viewers)
The week of August 20th marked OWN's 32nd consecutive week of total day growth year over year among W25-54 (+64% W25-54). The network is on track to deliver its third consecutive quarter of year over year growth, with 3Q-to-date posting growth in both primetime (+35% W25-54, +39% total viewers) and total day (+60% W25-54, +61% total viewers) versus year ago.
Year-to-date, OWN remains up double digits in both primetime and total day, with primetime posting +15% W25-54 and +16% in total viewers, and total day posting +36% W25-54 and +33% total viewers versus year ago numbers.
Source: The Nielsen Company
OWN ratings are coverage ratings.
About OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network
A joint venture between Harpo, Inc. and Discovery Communications, OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network is a multi-platform media company designed to entertain, inform and inspire people to live their best lives. OWN debuted on January 1, 2011 on what was the Discovery Health Channel and is in approximately 85 million homes. The venture also includes the award-winning digital platform, Oprah.com.
Follow on Twitter @OWNTV