ABC is #1 on Friday with Winning Performances from "Shark Tank," "What Would You Do?" and "20/20"
Featuring Shark Tank, What Would You Do? and 20/20, ABC ranked #1 on Friday in Adults 18-49. In fact, the Net hit season highs on the evening in viewers and young adults.
· Shark Tank qualified as Friday's #1 TV series for the 3rd straight week across all key Adult demos (AD18-34/AD18-49/AD25-54).
At 8pm, ABC's Shark Tank jumped to the top of its hour in Total Viewers and Adults 18-49, leading the pack for the 6th consecutive week in the key young adult sales demo.
· ABC's Shark Tank scored new series highs in Total Viewers (2nd week in a row) and Adults 18-49.
· On average, Shark Tank is up by 11% in Total Viewers and by 11% in Adults 18-49 over the same point last season, marking its strongest season ever.
From 9-10pm, ABC's What Would You Do? beat out its series competition by strong margins in Adults 18-49, defeating NBC's Grimm by 14% and CBS CSI: NY by 33%. The ABC newsmagazine was Friday's #2 TV series in Adults 18-49, behind only ABC's Shark Tank.
· Up over the prior week by 7% in viewers and by 14% in Adults 18-49, What Would You Do? posted its best results since its season premiere - since 9/14/12.
During the 10 o'clock hour, ABC's 20/20 ranked as the #1 series in Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54, outdelivering CBS' Blue Bloods and NBC's competing newsmagazine. In fact, 20/20 beat out Dateline in Total Viewers (+8%), Adults 18-49 (+8%) and Adults 25-54 (+5%). ABC's 20/20 featured Chris Cuomo's exclusive interview with Victim #1 in the Penn State sex abuse scandal.
· ABC's 20/20 earned its highest numbers in 5 weeks with Total Viewers and Adults 25-54 - since 9/14/12.
· On average this season, 20/20 is growing by double digits over the comparable weeks last year, gaining 16% in Total Viewers, 15% in Adults 18-49 and 18% in Adults 25-54.