Friday Primetime Results:
* From 9-11 p.m. ET, an encore telecast of "Dateline NBC" (1.7/5
in 18-49, 6.8 million viewers overall) reported the #1 18-49 and total-viewer results of the night on ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox. "Dateline NBC" won the time period among those networks in adults 18-49, adults
25-54 (with a 2.4 rating), total viewers and virtually every other key ratings category. From its first half-hour to its fourth, "Dateline"
grew by 54 percent in adults 18-49 (to a 2.0 rating from a 1.3), by 47 percent in adults 25-54 (2.8 vs. 1.9) and by 51 percent or 2.7 million persons in total viewers (8.0 million vs. 5.3 million).
* "Dateline's" 6.8 million viewer average is the show's biggest
overall audience for a Friday telecast since September 23, 2011 (7.2 million). In 18-49, "Dateline" matched its second-highest rating of the season, behind only the December 14 telecast that focused on the Newtown, Conn. School shootings (2.0).
* In the 10:30 lead-in to local news, "Dateline NBC" delivered a
100 percent margin of victory in the key news demo of adults 25-54 (with a 2.8 rating vs. a 1.4 for ABC's second-place news special).
* The December 28 edition of "Dateline NBC" covered the story of a
young Florida mother who was abducted and taken for ransom, only to have three attempts to drop the ransom fail.
* NBC won Friday among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in adults 18-49,
adults 25-54, total viewers and most other key categories.
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.