JULY MARKS 19 CONSECUTIVE MONTHS OF GROWTH
FOR THE HUB NETWORK
The Hub Network Leads in Co-Viewing for 13 Consecutive Months
LOS ANGELES - The Hub Network, a destination for kids and their families, continues to expand as July marks 19 consecutive months of growth among the key demos of Kids 6-11, Women 18-49, Persons 2+ and Households. Additionally, the Hub Network leads as the most co-viewed children's network for 13 consecutive months. Details for monthly time-period performance and co-viewing are below.
Following is a snapshot of fan-favorite shows on the Hub Network for July:
- "My Little Pony Friendship is Magic" from Hasbro Studios is the top-rated network show in July with Kids 2-11, Persons 2+ and Households.
- "R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour: The Series" from Front Street Pictures and The Hatchery, LLC is the number-one show on the network in July with Kids 6-11.
- In the adult demos, "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters" from Hasbro Studios was the network's top performing series with Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54, while "Family Game Night" from Hasbro Studios and Zoo Productions was number one in July with Women 25-54.
July Daypart Performance:
In Total Day, the Hub Network has demonstrated year-to-year gains among Kids 6-11, Women 18-49, Persons 2+ and Households for 19 consecutive months.
- In Total Day, the Hub Network earned year-to-year time period delivery gains among Girls 2-11 (+20%), Kids 6-11 (+14%), Girls 6-11 (+46%), Adults 18-49 (+3%), Women 18-49 (+14%), Adults 25-54 (+3%), Women 25-54 (+14%), Persons 2+ (+5%) and Households (+9%).
- In Prime (Monday - Sunday, 8 - 11 p.m. ET), the Hub Network earned year-to-year time period delivery gains among Kids 2-11 (+38%), Girls 2-11 (+56%), Kids 6-11 (+33%), Girls 6-11 (+43%), Women 18-49 (+15%), Women 25-54 (+7%), Persons 2+ (+13%) and Households (+6%).
July Co-Viewing Highlights:
For the thirteenth consecutive month, the Hub Network was the most co-viewed children's network in co-view share among Kids 2-11 watching with Adults 18-49.
- The Hub Network was the #1 children's network in co-view share among Kids 2-11 watching with Adults 18-49 for the month. Thirty two percent (32%) of Hub Network's Kids 2-11 watched with an Adult 18-49, ahead of all children's networks, including Disney Channel (16%), Nickelodeon (24%), Cartoon Network (19%), Disney XD (19%) and Nicktoons (16%).
(Source: The Nielsen Company, program based dayparts, most current, 7/1/13-7/28/13 vs. 6/25/12-7/29/12, growth by delivery, co-viewing from NPower)
About the Hub Network
The Hub Network is a multi-platform joint venture between Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) and Hasbro, Inc., (NASDAQ: HAS) with a goal of entertaining, enlightening, empowering and educating children and their families. The cable and satellite television network features original programming as well as content from Discovery's library of award-winning children's educational programming; from Hasbro's rich portfolio of entertainment and educational properties built during the past 90 years; and from leading third-party producers worldwide. The Hub Network's lineup includes animated and live-action series, as well as specials, game shows, and family-favorite movies. The network extends its content through a robust and engaging online presence at www.hubworld.com. The Hub Network rebranded from Discovery Kids on October 10, 2010, and is available in over 72 million U.S. households. The Hub Network logo and name are trademarks of Hub Television Networks, LLC. All rights reserved.
To find the channel in your area, please visit http://www.hubworld.com and check the channel locator at the top of the page.
Visit the Hub Network on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/hubtvnetwork