Friday Primetime Results:
In fast-national ratings that are not yet time zone-adjusted, NBC is #1 for the night among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in adults 18-49, total viewers and most other key measures (adults, men and women 18-34, adults, men and women 18-49; and adults and men 25-54), ranking #1 in adults 18-49 during six of six primetime half-hours in the fast nationals.
· In metered-market results, which are time zone-adjusted, NBC Sports' coverage of last night's New York Rangers-Los Angeles Kings matchup averaged a 4.6 rating in metered-market households, to rank as the top-rated Stanley Cup Final Game 5 in 14 years in metered-market households, best since 2000 (Dallas-New Jersey on ABC, triple overtime, 5.3).
· The 4.6 rating is up +15% versus the year-ago Game 5 (4.0 for Boston-Chicago in metered-market households) and up +77% versus Game 5 in 2012, which also featured the L.A. Kings (vs. the New Jersey Devils, 2.6).
· Last night's game, in which the Kings won the Stanley Cup four games to one over the Rangers, scored a 12.4 rating in the Los Angeles market in metered-market households, making this L.A.'s second-best overnight rating ever on NBC or NBCSN, trailing only the Kings' Cup-winning Game 6 during the 2012 Final (13.6). The 12.4 in L.A. is also up +41% versus the Kings' 2012 Game 5 (8.8).
· New York delivered its second-best NHL rating ever on NBC or NBCSN, with a 10.4 rating in metered-market households, behind only Saturday's Game 2 of the Kings-Rangers series (10.5).
· The top five markets for last night's Stanley Cup Final Game 2 were: Los Angeles, 12.4; New York, 10.4; Buffalo, 9.2; Boston, 6.3; Minneapolis-St. Paul, 6.3.
In Late-Night Metered Markets Friday night:
· In Nielsen's 56 metered markets, household results were: "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon," 1.6/6, delayed by a Stanley Cup hockey overrun; CBS's "Late Show with David Letterman," 1.8/4 with an encore; and ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 2.2/5 with an encore.
· In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results were: �The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon,� 0.9/6, delayed by a Stanley Cup overrun; "Late Show," 0.4/2 with an encore; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 0.7/3 with an encore.
· From 12:35-1:05 a.m. ET, ABC's "Nightline" averaged a 1.3/4 in metered-market households and a 0.4/2 in 18-49 in the Local People Meters.
· From 12:35-1:35 a.m. ET, "Late Night with Seth Meyers" (1.0/4 in metered-market households, with an encore delayed by a Stanley Cup overrun) tied CBS's "Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" (1.0/3). In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, "Late Night" (0.5/4 in 18-49, with an encore delayed by a Stanley Cup overrun) topped "Late Late Show" (0.3/2).
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.