CARDINALS - GIANTS NLCS GAME 4 DRIVES FOX SPORTS 1
TO ANOTHER VIEWERSHIP RECORD
TV's Fastest-Growing Network Eclipses 5 Million Mark for First Time
New York - Sparked by a three-run sixth inning that turned a 4-3 deficit into a 6-4 lead and ultimately proved to be the winning margin, the San Francisco Giants last night took a commanding three-games-to-one lead over the St. Louis Cardinals in the 2014 National League Championship Series. The win put the Giants on the precipice of their third World Series appearance in five years, and viewership for the game set another record for FOX Sports 1, television's fastest growing network.
FOX Sports' coverage of NLCS Game 4 between the Cardinals and Giants, presented by T-Mobile, delivered 5.092 million viewers, making it the most-watched telecast in FOX Sports 1 history, breaking the previous mark of 4.367 million set on Oct. 12 for NLCS Game 2. This is the fourth time since FOX Sports 1's MLB postseason coverage began on Oct. 3 that the channel has broken a viewership record. FOX Sports 1's top four shows and six of its top 10 are 2014 MLB postseason games. Additional highlights follow:
· FOX Sports 1 was the top-rated ad-supported cable network in prime time last night (5.079 million viewers from 8:00-11:00 PM ET), an achievement reached for the fourth time this postseason.
· Yesterday was FOX Sports 1's most-watched Wednesday since launch (3:00-3:00 AM ET), averaging 992,000 viewers.
· NLCS Game 4 viewership peaked from 10:30-11:00 PM ET at 6.077 million viewers, a new 2014 postseason high, beating the peak for NLCS Game 2 (5.716 million).
· St. Louis led all markets posting a 24.3, followed by San Francisco (17.9), Sacramento (13.0), Kansas City (8.1), Vas Vegas (5.4), Phoenix (4.5), Los Angeles (3.9), Portland and San Diego (3.8) and Oklahoma City and Salt Lake City (3.7).
· The Spanish-language telecast on FOX Deportes also continues to break records with Game 4 delivering 234,000 total viewers, making it the most watched LCS game ever. Viewership on FOX Deportes peaked at 10:30 PM ET with 273,000 viewers.
· NLCS Game 4 NLCS drove FOX Sports GO to its fifth best day ever for authenticated viewership, its best Wednesday ever, and was the second largest game this postseason.
Yesterday it was announced that FOX Sports 1, powered this month by the record-breaking audiences generated by MLB postseason coverage, is the fastest growing network in television since the 2014-'15 television season began. Click here for details.
Coverage continues tonight on FOX Sports 1 with AMERICA'S PREGAME (6:00 PM ET), followed by the NLCS Pregame Show (7:00 PM ET) and NLCS Game 5 (8:00 PM ET). Game 1 of the 2014 World Series is Tuesday, Oct. 21, live from Kauffman Stadium, home of the American League Champion Kansas City Royals. Coverage begins with a special 90-minute edition of AMERICA'S PREGAME on FOX Sports 1, followed by the World Series Pregame Show on FOX broadcast network (7:00 PM ET) and Game 1 (8:00 PM ET), also on FOX broadcast network.