MLB Opening Day Boosts Ratings for FOX Sports RSNs
Highlights for 2015 MLB Opening Day - Monday, April 6:
FOX Sports San Diego: SD 3, LAD 6
· Highest-rated game ever on FOX Sports San Diego (5.4 HH rating) and +34% in viewership over last year's opener.
FOX Sports Kansas City: KC 10, CWS 1
· Highest-rated Royals season-opener ever (11.7 HH rating) and +89% higher than the 2014 home opener (6.2 HH rating).
FOX Sports Ohio: PIT 2, CIN 5
· Generated a 18.63 HH rating on FOX Sports Ohio in simulcast with WKRC, up slightly over last year's home opener (18.37 HH).
FOX Sports Detroit: MIN 0, DET 4
· Scored a 13.8 HH rating and was #2-rated program of the entire day in Detroit, behind only the NCAA Championship game.
SportsTime Ohio: HOU 2, CLE 0
· Delivered a 5.7 HH rating, beating ESPN's rating for the same game by 58% (3.6 HH rating).
FOX Sports Florida: MIA 1, ATL 2
· Earned a 2.6 HH rating, +35% in viewership over last year's home opener, making it the most watched Marlins' Opening Day on FOX Sports Florida since 2011.
FOX Sports South: MIA 1, ATL 2
· Posted a 3.32 HH rating, out pacing last year's opener by 54%.
YES Network: TOR 6, NYY 1
· Earned a 4.03 HH rating, +8% in viewership over last year's home opener and recorded a 146% increase in Persons 18-34 with a 102% increase in Males 18-34.
FOX Sports Arizona: SF 5, ARI 4
· Scored a 3.7 HH rating, beating ESPN2's 1.2 HH rating for the same game by 280%.
FOX Sports Southwest: TEX 0, OAK 8
· Produced a 2.80 HH rating, +25% compared to the Rangers 2014 season average.
Data is courtesy of Nielsen Media Research, for each MLB team's home market DMA.