"POWER" SEASON TWO PREMIERE FLEXES MUSCLE FOR STARZ WITH NETWORK RECORDS
1.43 MILLION LIVE+SD 9PM ET/PT EPISODE PREMIERE VIEWERS - MOST EVER FOR A STARZ ORIGINAL SERIES
SEASON PREMIERE EPISODE
3.62 MILLION LIVE+SD WEEKEND VIEWERS -
MOST EVER FOR A STARZ ORIGINAL SERIES
FOR AFRICAN-AMERICANS, #1 SATURDAY SHOW ON CABLE;
#6 FOR THE WEEK OF JUNE 1-7 IN TOTAL VIEWERS
Creator Courtney Kemp Agboh and Executive Producer/Star Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson Drama, "Power," Storms to Record Results
Beverly Hills, Calif., June 9, 2015 - "Power," the STARZ Original series and 2014 summer breakout hit, blew past its previous viewership highs in its second season debut on Saturday, June 6, 2015 with season premiere and total weekend Live+SD viewership results that established new record highs at STARZ.
* 1.43 million Live+SD viewers made the second season premiere episode of "Power" destination viewing on Saturday, June 6 at 9PM ET/PT, the most ever for a STARZ Original series season premiere episode.1
* Tripled the original "Power" audience from June 2014 series premiere (462,000) with growth of nearly 1 million viewers since "Power" first debuted on STARZ.2
* The first episode of season two of "Power" grew by 32% from the season one finale (1.08 million).3
* 3.62 million Live+SD gross weekend viewers made "Power's" second series premiere the most watched episode ever for a STARZ Original series, besting episode five from "Spartacus: Vengeance" (3.33 million weekend viewers).4
* Live+SD weekend viewership grew by 79% compared to the "Power" series premiere weekend
* Live+SD weekend viewership grew by 47% compared to the "Power" season one final weekend
* "Power" is now an even bigger hit with African-American audiences, as the season two premiere episode was the #1 show on all of cable television on Saturday among African-Americans (1.11 million) and #6 for the week of
June 1-7 on a viewership projections basis.7
* Additional demographic data shows that "Power" played well with younger audiences (54% A18-49) and across gender lines with a new viewership surge with women (52% W18+) in comparison to season one which had a slight male skew (49%, M18+; 45% W18+).8
* Strong results on social media: #1 on Nielsen's Twitter TV Ratings for Saturday and in the weekly top 10 for series and specials.9
* "Power" season one averaged more than 4.7 million multiplatform viewers including linear/multiplex repeats, extended DVR, STARZ ON DEMAND, STARZ PLAY, and other on demand/online platforms.10
"Power" airs in more than 175 countries/territories worldwide. Starz retains all global distribution and home entertainment rights to the series. "Power" season two is ten episodes long and airs exclusively on STARZ
at 9PM ET/PT.
"Power" is the story of a visionary crime drama set in two different worlds: the glamorous New York club scene and the brutal drug trade.
Season two has the main "Power" players fighting to stay on top and picks up right where season one left off:
James "Ghost" St. Patrick doubling down on his drug business to save his nightclub and dream of a legitimate future. Ghost's work troubles pale in comparison to juggling his relationship with his wife, Tasha, and his first love, Angela, who's also an Assistant US Attorney investigating his drug organization.
Ghost is set further back from his dream by his business partner, Tommy, who loves the drug game, and his former mentor, Kanan, fresh out of jail and looking for revenge.
"Power" is led by Omari Hardwick (Sparkle, For Colored Girls, Kick Ass, "Being Mary Jane") as main character 'James "Ghost" St. Patrick'; Lela Loren (Snitch, "Gang Related") who plays 'Angela Valdes,' an old flame of James's who unexpectedly reenters his life; Naturi Naughton (Fame, "The Client List," "Mad Men") as 'Tasha St. Patrick,' wife, confidant and willing accomplice to James, and Joseph Sikora (Jack Reacher, Safe, "Boardwalk Empire") who plays 'Tommy Egan,' childhood best friend and business partner to "Ghost." Sinqua Walls ("Teen Wolf," "Friday Night Lights," "The Secret Life of the American Teenager") stars as 'Shawn,' driver to the St. Patrick family and son of 'Kanan,' played by Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson, who taught Ghost and Tommy everything they know.
Executive produced by Jackson, "Power" was created by Courtney Kemp Agboh (Emmy(R) nominated for "The Good Wife"), who serves as executive producer and showrunner. Mark Canton (300, Immortals, 300: Rise of an Empire), Randall Emmett (End of Watch, 2 Guns, Lone Survivor) and David Knoller ("Big Love," "Carniv�le") also serve as executive producers. The series is produced in association with CBS Television Studios, G-Unit Film and Television - the production company launched by Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson, Kemp Agboh's Mawuli Productions Inc. and Canton's Atmosphere Television.
For more information visit the "Power" Facebook Page and follow @Power_ Starz on Twitter. Join the conversation with #PowerTV and #STARZ.
Starz (NASDAQ: STRZA, STRZB) is a leading integrated global media and entertainment company with operating units that provide premium subscription video programming on domestic U.S. pay television channels (Starz Networks), global content distribution (Starz Distribution) and animated television and movie production (Starz Animation), www.starz.com.
Starz Networks is a leading provider of premium subscription video programming through the flagship STARZ(R) and ENCORE(R) pay TV networks which showcase premium original programming and movies to U.S. multichannel video distributors, including cable operators, satellite television providers, and telecommunications companies. As of
March 31, 2015, STARZ and ENCORE serve a combined 57.5 million subscribers, including 23.7 million at STARZ, and 33.8 million at ENCORE, making them the largest pair of premium flagship channels in the U.S. STARZ(R) and ENCORE(R), along with Starz Networks' third network MOVIEPLEX(R), air more than 1,000 movies monthly across
17 linear networks, complemented by On Demand and authenticated online offerings through STARZ PLAY, ENCORE PLAY, and MOVIEPLEX PLAY. Starz Distribution develops, produces and acquires entertainment content, distributing it to consumers globally on DVD, digital formats and traditional television. Starz Distribution's home video, digital media and worldwide distribution business units distribute original programming content produced by Starz, as well as entertainment content for itself and third parties. Starz Animation produces animated TV and movie content for studios, networks, distributors and audiences worldwide.
All sources subject to further qualifications available upon request.
(1) Source: Nielsen NPower Live+SD P2+ Projections (000s).
(2) Source: Nielsen NPower Live+SD P2+ Projections (000s).
(3) Source: Nielsen NPower Live+SD P2+ Projections (000s).
(4) Source: Nielsen NPower Live+SD P2+ GAA Projections (000s) by weekend
(5) Source: Nielsen NPower Live+SD P2+ GAA Projections (000s) by weekend
(6) Source: Nielsen NPower Live+SD P2+ GAA Projections (000s) by weekend
(7) Source: Nielsen NPower Live+SD Black HOH P2+ Average Audience Projections
(8) Source: Nielsen NPower Live+SD P2+, A18-49, M18+, W18+ GAA Projections (000s)
(9) Source: Nielsen Twitter Ratings June 1 - June 7, 2015.
(10) Source: Multiplatform results based on Starz internal estimates of linear and time shifted results from Nielsen (NPower), Rentrak (On Demand Essentials) and internal broadband data.