GAME 6 ON NBC DELIVERS THIRD-BEST STANLEY CUP FINAL GAME 6 OVERNIGHT ON RECORD
Lightning-Blackhawks on NBC Posts 5.6 HH Rating in Metered Markets
Chicago Delivers Best-Ever 41.0 HH Rating; Tampa Posts Second-Best 15.2
STAMFORD, Conn. - June 16, 2015 - Last night's Stanley Cup Final series-clinching Game 6 on NBC delivered at 5.6 metered market rating, the third-best for a Game 6 on record (since 1995) and NBC's fourth-best NHL overnight ever, according to The Nielsen Company.
The 5.6 overnight for Game 6, in which the Chicago Blackhawks defeated the Tampa Bay Lightning 2-0 to win their third Stanley Cup in six years, trails only the 2010 Game 6 between the Blackhawks and Philadelphia Flyers (5.8) and the 2013 Game 6 between the Blackhawks and Boston Bruins (5.7). Last night's game is up 40% vs. the 2012 Game 6 between the New Jersey Devils and Los Angeles Kings (4.0).
Locally, the Chicago market delivered a 41.0 HH rating, its highest ever for a Blackhawks game, and a 57 share. The Chicago rating is the highest local rating for any market for a non-Game 7 on NBC. Tampa posted a 15.2 HH rating, its second-best ever on NBC.
Following are the Top 10 markets for Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final:
Rank Local Market HH Rtg
1 Chicago 41.0
2 Tampa 15.2
3 Buffalo 10.5
4 Milwaukee 7.9
5 Denver 7.6
6 Minneapolis-St. Paul 7.5
7 Boston 6.7
8 Providence 5.8
8 St. Louis 5.8
10 Las Vegas 5.1
NBC Sports Group's NHL coverage continues with the 2015 NHL Awards from Las Vegas, Nev., on Wednesday, June 24 at 7 p.m. ET on NBCSN, as well as with live coverage of the 2015 NHL Draft from Sunrise, Fla., on Friday, June 26 at 7 p.m. ET on NBCSN.
Monday Primetime Results:
· Regarding Monday's primetime Nielsens, note that the fast-affiliate ratings that came in at 11 a.m. ET/8 a.m. PT are not time zone-adjusted and are subject to updates for live sporting events. As those preliminary numbers stand, NBC, featuring coverage of NHL Stanley Cup Final hockey, won the night in adults 18-49, as well as total viewers, adults 25-54, adults 18-34 and all key adult-male demos.
· In metered-market results, which are time zone-adjusted, last night's NBC Sports 8:15-11 p.m. ET coverage of NHL Stanley Cup Final hockey, featuring the Tampa Bay Lightning at the Chicago Blackhawks, ruled the night with a 5.6 rating, 9 share in metered-market households, making it the third-best Stanley Cup Final Game 6 on record (since 1995).
· Among Game 6 telecasts, this year's 5.6 trails only the 2010 Blackhawks-Flyers matchup (5.8) and the 2013 Blackhawks-Bruins coverage (5.7)
· Chicago delivered a record 41.0 household rating and 57 share last night, the best overnight ever for an NHL telecast on NBC in the Chicago market, while Tampa posted a 15.2, that market's second-best ever.
· The top 10 markets for last night's series-clinching Stanley Cup Final Game 6 on NBC were: Chicago, 41.0; Tampa, 15.2; Buffalo, 10.5; Milwaukee, 7.9; Denver, 7.6; Minneapolis-St. Paul, 7.5; Boston, 6.7; Providence, 5.8; St. Louis, 5.8; and Las Vegas 5.1.
In Late-Night Metered Markets Monday Night:
· In Nielsen's 56 metered markets, household results were: "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon," 2.7/7, delayed by NHL hockey; "CBS Summer Showcase," 2.0/5 with an encore; and ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 2.0/5 with an encore.
· In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results were: "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon," 1.3/7, delayed by NHL hockey; "CBS Summer Showcase," 0.4/2 with an encore; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 0.8/4 with an encore.
· From 12:35-1:05 a.m. ET, ABC's "Nightline" averaged a 1.2/4 in metered-market households and a 0.4/3 in 18-49 in the Local People Meters.
· From 12:35-1:35 a.m. ET, "Late Night with Seth Meyers" (1.2/4 in metered-market households, delayed by NHL hockey) beat CBS's "Late Late Show" (1.0/4). In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, "Late Night" (0.6/4 in 18-49, delayed by NHL hockey) topped "Late Late Show" (0.3/2).
· At 1:35 a.m., "Last Call with Carson Daly" averaged a 0.8/3 with an encore delayed by NHL hockey in metered-market households and a 0.4/4 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
NOTE: Primetime results are based on "fast affiliate time period" data from Nielsen Media Research, unless otherwise indicated. All ratings are "live plus same day" unless otherwise indicated. Season-to-date averages are "most current," "live plus seven days" for all but the two most recent weeks, which are still L+SD.