ESPN/ABC Televises Two-Highest Rated Games of the Day across All Networks
No. 15 Ole Miss at No. 2 Alabama Highest-Rated on Television and Most-Streamed on WatchESPN
After setting the pace in the first two weeks of the season, ESPN/ABC continued its early season success on Saturday, Sept. 19, when it televised the two highest-rated college football games of the day across all networks, led by No. 15 Ole Miss at No. 2 Alabama (9:15 p.m. ET on ESPN), which earned a 4.6 overnight rating. The overnight is up 254% to the 2014 comparable television window (USC at Boston College) and the third-highest overnight of the 2015 season across all networks:
2015 College Football Top Overnights All Networks
Rank Rating Date Time of Kick Game Network
1. 6.6 Mon, Sept. 7 8 p.m. Ohio State at Virginia Tech ESPN
2 5.0 Sat, Sept 12 8 p.m. Oregon at Michigan State ABC
3. 4.6 Sat, Sept. 19 9:15 p.m. Ole Miss at Alabama ESPN
The Rebels-Crimson Tide thriller was WatchESPN's most-streamed college football game of the week and the product's second most streamed regular season college football game ever, achieving an average minute audience of 128,000 users, 615,000 unique viewers and 35,700,000 live minutes viewed. Additionally, the stream was up 485% in average minute audience, 328% in unique viewers and 666% in live minutes viewed compared to last season's similar window (USC at Boston College).
**NOTE: WatchESPN data is preliminary and subject to change after further processing. Final numbers will be available this week.
More ESPN/ABC Week 3 Television Highlights:
· ABC 3:30 p.m. regionalized window -- Northern Illinois at No. 1 Ohio State or Nebraska at Miami -- received a 3.6 overnight rating, the second-highest overnight of Week 3 across all networks.
· ABC Saturday Night Football featuring Stanford at No. 6 USC received a 2.7 overnight, up 23% from the 2014 Week 3 ABC Saturday Night Football (Tennessee at Oklahoma).
· Friday Night's No. 9 Florida State at Boston College game received a 2.3 overnight rating, ESPN highest-rated Friday night game in three years (Boise State at Michigan State on August 31, 2012).
Final television numbers will be available this week