GOLF CHANNEL POSTS MOST-WATCHED THIRD QUARTER EVER
Golf Channel Continues to Rank as No. 1 Most-Affluent Audience in All of Television in Total Day and Primetime
Golf Channel Digital Posts Best Third Quarter Ever in Key Metrics
ORLANDO, Fla. (October 1, 2015) - Golf Channel posted its most-watched third quarter ever, drawing 114,000 average viewers in Total Day, and an increase of 8% vs. 2014. This record viewership was driven in part by a +15% increase in the Adults 25-54 demographic, and continued the network's run of drawing the most-affluent audience in all of television in both Total Day and Primetime. Since joining NBC Sports Group in 2011, Golf Channel has increased its average viewership by 54%, according to data released by The Nielsen Company.
Additionally, Golf Channel on NBC broadcasts of the 2014-15 PGA TOUR season finished with 2.5 million average viewers, up 5% vs. 2014. This includes the PGA TOUR's FedExCup Playoff events, which were 4% ahead of last year's Playoffs on NBC.
Golf Channel's live telecasts of the PGA TOUR in Third Quarter are up 17% vs. 2014, including up 40% with Adults 25-54. Seven of 10 PGA TOUR events were up in early round coverage on Golf Channel, and eight of 10 PGA TOUR events were up in the network's lead-in coverage for weekend rounds.
GOLF CHANNEL THIRD QUARTER VIEWERSHIP SINCE JOINING NBC SPORTS IN 2011:
2014 106,000 +8%
2013 112,000 +2%
2012 102,000 +12%
2011 85,000 +34%
2010 74,000 +54%
ADDITIONAL VIEWERSHIP NOTES FOR THIRD QUARTER, 2015
· Golf Channel posted its most-watched Open Championship Week and most-watched PGA Championship Week for total viewers and across digital metrics.
· In third quarter, Golf Central, Golf Central Live From St. Andrews and Golf Central Live From the PGA Championship combined to be up 26% in total viewers, and up 31% in Adults 25-54, marking the news platform's most-watched third quarter ever.
· Champions Tour coverage in third quarter is up 18% vs. 2014, best since 2011.
· Primetime instruction programming, including The Golf Fix with Michael Breed, School of Golf with Martin Hall, Golf Channel Academy and Playing Lessons, saw its most-watched quarter with Adults 25-54 since 2011.
GOLF CHANNEL DIGITAL POSTS BEST QUARTER EVER:
Golf Channel Digital via GolfChannel.com and Golf Channel Mobile App posted its best quarter ever in key metrics, according to Adobe Site Catalyst:
· 278 million page views (+30% YOY)
· 12.19 million video starts (+9% YOY)
· 5.54 million average monthly uniques (+3% YOY) - best ever for mobile platforms
ABOUT GOLF CHANNEL
Golf Channel is a multimedia, golf entertainment and services company based in Orlando, Fla. Serving the most-affluent audience in all of television, Golf Channel - co-founded by Arnold Palmer in 1995 and now part of NBC Sports Group - is available in more than 200 million homes in 84 countries and 13 languages around the world. Exclusive partnerships with the world's top tours allow Golf Channel to feature more live golf coverage than all other networks combined, as well as a programming schedule distinguished by golf's highest-quality news, instruction and original content. Watch Golf Channel anywhere: On Demand, online or across mobile and connected TVs through Golf Live Extra. Golf Channel's digital platforms, headed by GolfChannel.com, are the leading golf destinations on the Internet, delivering unmatched coverage of the world of golf. In addition, Golf Channel connects the world to golf through a wide array of digital and lifestyle services including Golf Channel Mobile, a comprehensive app covering golf's latest headlines, scores and analysis; GolfNow, the world's largest online tee time booking platform and golf course technology partner, which includes the GolfNow Mobile App, featuring on-course GPS tracking, in-round scoring and game tracking; GolfAdvisor.com, a golf course ratings and review portal for golfers, by golfers; a North American network of Golf Channel Academy instructional facilities; and Golf Channel Am Tour, the world's largest amateur golf tour.