GREASE LIVE RATINGS HIGHLIGHTS
With GREASE LIVE from 7-10pm last night, FOX ranked #1 in Adults 18-49, #1 in Adults 18-34, #1 in Total Viewers, and #1 among Teens. In fact, FOX beat its combined broadcast competition last night by +48% in Adults 18-49 (4.3 vs. 2.9 for ABC/CBS/NBC).
Live + Same Day
· GREASE LIVE (S): 4.3/13, up +26% from NBC's The Wiz Live (3.4/11 on 12/3/15) and up +79% from NBC's Peter Pan Live (2.4/7 on 12/4/14) in Adults 18-49
· GREASE LIVE was also up from The Wiz Live by +6% (12.2 mil vs 11.5 mil) and up +32% from Peter Pan Live in Total Viewers (12.2 mil vs 9.2 mil)
· Last night's live broadcast also drew a much larger rating with younger viewers than previous live musical events - GREASE LIVE was up +48% in Adults 18-34 and up +68% in Teens vs The Wiz Live... and up 85% in Adults 18-34 and +131%, respectively, vs Peter Pan Live.
· In both Adults 18-34 and Teens, GREASE LIVE drew a whopping 3.7 rating!
· In fact, GREASE LIVE even out-rated NBC's The Sound of Music by 23% among Teens
· GREASE LIVE (S) Projections
· A18-49 Live + 3 Day: 5.2 (+20% vs. L+SD)
· A18-49 Live + 7 Day: 5.4 (+24% vs. L+SD)
· Total Multi-Platform Audience: 15.5 Mil (+27% vs. L+SD)
GREASE LIVE SOCIAL HIGHLIGHTS
* 358,500 people sent 1.2 million Tweets about FOX's GREASE LIVE during the broadcast and those tweets were seen a total of 162.2 million times.
* The most-Tweeted minute occurred at 8:31 pm ET with 9,350 Tweets after Boyz II Men appeared and sang "Beauty School Dropout"
* GREASE LIVE now ranks as the #1 most viral Special Live Musical Event based on unique authors and audience impressions (Source: Nielsen, compared to Wiz Live, Sound of Music Live, Peter Pan Live, ranked on unique authors/unique audience/impressions).
Facebook Live backstage show:
*More than 2 million views of our 13 backstage live Facebook videos, hosted by Mario Lopez and Jeannie Klisiewicz from "Ellen"
(2,184,695 views, if you want to be exact)
*The most watched video was the golf carts heading to the carnival finale and the view of how that whole final scene came together - 655k views so far https://www.facebook.com/gogrease/videos/vl.455613121297510/10153212389146268/?type=1
We trended all night on:
Twitter (for 13 hours, from 11am until at least 1am PT - and trended worldwide throughout both broadcasts)
*We had over 2 MILLION views on yesterday's story so far, and it hasn't even been a full 24 hours.
*With the cast live-snapping DURING the show, including a few snaps incorporated into the show (2 in the opening number from Vanessa and Carlos, and one at the end from Keke), we really leaned into this platform to give the younger demo a cool perspective on how live everything really was.