SEASON 3 PREMIERE OF "YOU'RE THE WORST" IS SERIES' MOST-WATCHED TELECAST ON FXX
+8% Increase in Total Viewers Over Season 2 Premiere in Live+3
Season Premiere Also Hits Series-High Ratings on FXX in All Three Key Women Demos
LOS ANGELES, September 6, 2016 - You're the Worst is off to a great start in Season 3 as its premiere became the series' most-watched telecast on FXX. On a Live+3 basis, the Season 3 opener (August 31, 10 PM-10:30PM) gained +8% (605,000 vs. 558,000) among Total Viewers over the Season 2 premiere telecast. What's more, in addition to Total Viewers, all three key women demos ? W18-34, W18-49, and W25-54 ? repped series highs on FXX. Among Adults 18-49, the Season 3 premiere increased +1% (385,000 vs. 382,000) over the Season 2 premiere, representing the series' second most-watched telecast ever on FXX in that demo.
You're the Worst is a modern look at love and happiness told through the eyes of two people who haven't been very successful with either. It's the story of Gretchen and Jimmy, fear, heartbreak, romance, sex, food, Los Angeles, Sunday Funday, friendship, and the fact that sometimes the worst people make the best partners.
An original comedy from writer and executive producer Stephen Falk, You're the Worst puts a dark twist on the romantic comedy genre. Narcissistic, brash, and stubborn Jimmy Shive-Overly (Chris Geere) has inadvertently found himself paired up with cynical, people-pleasing, and self-destructive Gretchen Cutler (Aya Cash). Rounding out the cast is Desmin Borges, who plays Edgar Quintero, Jimmy's once homeless war veteran roommate who is struggling to manage his PTSD while forging a post-combat life; and Kether Donohue as Lindsay Jillian, Gretchen's best friend and former partner in crime who's exploring her identity after her loveless marriage was resurrected by a surprise pregnancy. You're the Worst is produced by FX Productions.
You're the Worst is currently rated 92% Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes and has received Universal Acclaim with a score of 85 on Metacritic.com. Among the current reviews:
· "The third season of Stephen Falk's incomparable comedy continues to defy expectations" - Ben Travers, IndieWire (August 30, 2016)
· "The dialogue is still sharp as a serrated knife, the situations in which the characters find themselves still amuse and surprise" - Jen Chaney, Vulture (August 30, 2016)
· "There's no programming on television at the moment that believes more deeply in the redemptive power of love than You're the Worst." - Michael Tedder, Esquire.com (August 31, 2016)
· "Bottom line: Still great... . You're the Worst returns to prove the best is still to come." - Tim Goodman, The Hollywood Reporter (August 31, 2016)
· "'You're the Worst' is still the best - if you like your sitcoms more salty than sweet, which we do." - Matt Cooper, Los Angeles Times (08/26/16)
Connect with You're the Worst on social media:
FXX is the newest basic cable entertainment network from FX Networks which launched on September 2, 2013. Geared towards a young adult audience, the schedule features original series, movies, and acquired series. The channel is anchored by the acclaimed hit comedies It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, You're the Worst and Man Seeking Woman. FXX is also the exclusive cable home to The Simpsons, the longest-running comedy in TV history, and acquired hit series such as In Living Color, Mad About You and Parks and Recreation. FXX is carried in 82 million homes. FXX and its sister channels FX and FXM comprise FX Networks, a business unit of 21 Century Fox.