or


[11/17/16 - 08:35 AM]
ABC Finishes a Strong 2nd on Wednesday Among Adults 18-49
ABC spins the numbers for Wednesday, November 16.

[via press release from ABC]

ABC Ranks a Strong 2nd on Wednesday in Adults 18-49

ABC Wednesday Prime (8-11pm - 6.0 million and 1.6/6 in AD18-49): ABC finished a strong 2nd on Wednesday in Adults 18-49 (1.6/6) to Fox with Empire, leading by double digits over CBS (+14% - 1.4/5) and NBC (+33% - 1.2/4). ABC's Modern Family was the #2 TV show in Adults 18-49 (2.2/7) to Empire and The Goldbergs ranked as the #3 show on the night (1.8/7 - tied w/ CBS' Survivor).

· Season to date, ABC is up on Wednesday by 1.8 million viewers (11.0 million vs. 9.2 million) and by 7% in Adults 18-49 (3.1/11 vs. 2.9/9), marking its most watched start to the season on the night in 5 years - since the first 8 weeks of Fall 2011.

· ABC's Speechless (+2% - 5.7 million vs. 5.6 million), Modern Family (+1% - 7.3 million vs. 7.2 million) and black-ish (+6% - 5.6 million vs. 5.3 million) were each up week to week in Total Viewers. In addition, black-ish gained 7% in Adults 18-49 from the prior week's National rating (1.6/5 vs. 1.5/5), which adjusted down 1-tenth from the Fast Affiliate ratings.

· At 10pm, Designated Survivor held even week to week in L+SD Adults 18-49 (1.2/4), while growing 20% in Adults 18-34. The new drama grew its hour from the year-ago night for ABC by 25% in Total Viewers and by 20% in Adults 18-49. On average, Designated Survivor leads the season in Live + 7 Day TV Playback, spiking over its L+SD numbers by +7.3 million Total Viewers and by +2.0 rating points among Adults 18-49.

Quick Take for Wednesday, November 16, 2016 (Fast Affiliate Live + Same Day Ratings)

ABC Finishes a Strong 2nd on Wednesday Among Adults 18-49

'Speechless,' 'Modern Family' and 'black-ish' Gain Viewers Week to Week

Wednesday (11/16/16) - ABC Total Viewer and Adult 18-49 Projections:

"The Goldbergs": L3 = 7.9 million/2.4 rating and L7 = 8.5 million/2.6 rating

"Speechless": L3 = 7.1 million/2.1 rating and L7 = 7.6 million/2.3 rating

"Modern Family": L3 = 10.1 million/3.4 rating and L7 = 11.2 million/3.8 rating

"black-ish": L3 = 7.4 million/2.3 rating and L7 = 7.9 million/2.6 rating

"Designated Survivor": L3 = 9.4 million/2.2 rating and L7 = 10.8 million/2.6 rating

Live + Same Day Results:

ABC Wednesday Prime (8:00-11:00 p.m. - 6.0 million and 1.6/6 in AD18-49):

ABC finished a strong 2nd on Wednesday in Adults 18-49 (1.6/6) to Fox with "Empire," leading by double digits over CBS (+14% - 1.4/5) and NBC (+33% - 1.2/4). ABC's "Modern Family" was Wednesday's No. 2 TV show in Adults 18-49 (2.2/7) to "Empire," while "The Goldbergs" won its half-hour and ranked as the No. 3 show on the night (1.8/7 - tied w/ CBS' "Survivor").

· Season to date, ABC is up on Wednesday by 1.8 million viewers (11.0 million vs. 9.2 million) and by 7% in Adults 18-49 (3.1/11 vs. 2.9/9), marking its most watched start to the season on the night in 5 years - since the first 8 weeks of Fall 2011.

· ABC's "Speechless" (+2% - 5.7 million vs. 5.6 million), "Modern Family" (+1% - 7.3 million vs. 7.2 million) and "black-ish" (+6% - 5.6 million vs. 5.3 million) were each up week to week in Total Viewers. In addition, "black-ish" gained 7% in Adults 18-49 from the prior week's National rating (1.6/5 vs. 1.5/5), which adjusted down 1-tenth from the Fast Affiliate ratings.

· At 10:00 p.m., "Designated Survivor" held even week to week in L+SD Adults 18-49 (1.2/4), while growing 20% in Adults 18-34. The new drama improved its hour from the year-ago night ("Nashville" on 11/18/15) for ABC by 25% in Total Viewers (5.5 million vs. 4.4 million) and by 20% in Adults 18-49 (1.2/4 vs. 1.0/4). On average, "Designated Survivor" leads the season in Live + 7 Day TV Playback, spiking over its L+SD numbers by +7.3 million Total Viewers and by +2.0 rating points among Adults 18-49.

Projections Rationale:

Lifts vs. L+SD are based on 2015-16 season averages for originals (excluding the premiere).

Returning shows: Profile based on same show (either premiere or averages for originals).

New Series: Based on similar series.

A note about DVR penetration: DVR penetration in the Nielsen sample is currently at 49% in U.S. TV Homes. More viewers are watching shows on their own timetables, which are increasingly not reflected in the overnight Live + Same Day numbers. As a result, the Live + 7 Day ratings are the most accurate Nielsen measure to gauge the size of the TV audience.

Source: The Nielsen Company, Fast Affiliate Live + Same Day Ratings for 11/16/16.





  [november 2016]  
S
M
T
W
T
F
S
  


· BLACK-ISH (ABC)
· DESIGNATED SURVIVOR (NETFLIX)
· EMPIRE (FOX)
· GOLDBERGS, THE (ABC)
· MODERN FAMILY (ABC)
· NASHVILLE (CMT)
· SPEECHLESS (ABC)
· SURVIVOR (CBS)





most recent ratings | view all posts
[10/23/20 - 08:42 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: NFL Puts FOX on Top in Demos
Presidential debate coverage on ABC and NBC however leads the night in total viewers.

[10/23/20 - 07:21 AM]
HGTV Series "Help! I Wrecked My House" Delivers Double-Digit Ratings Gains in Debut Season
HGTV further spins the numbers for the season to date.

[10/22/20 - 08:19 AM]
Wednesday's Broadcast Ratings: FOX, World Series Stay on Top
Coverage of Game 2 holds off the competition in total viewers and adults 18-49.

[10/21/20 - 08:11 AM]
Tuesday's Broadcast Ratings: World Series Tops Charts for FOX
Coverage of Game 1 however is down sharply from a year ago among adults 18-49 in the early results.

[10/20/20 - 01:10 PM]
Netflix Reveals Stats and Facts About Its Top Movies in the Last Few Months
"Enola Holmes" (76 million), "American Murder: The Family Next Door" (52 million), "The Old Guard" (78 million), "Project Power" (75 million) and "The Kissing Booth 2" (66 million) are among the mentioned audiences.

[10/20/20 - 08:13 AM]
Monday's Broadcast Ratings: NBC Pulls in Front with Return of "The Voice"
The network leads the night in both total viewers and adults 18-49.

[10/19/20 - 01:04 PM]
Over 7 Million Total Viewers Tuned in to BET's Winning Line Up of Tyler Perry's Trifecta of Original Series "House of Payne," "Assisted Living" and the Return of "Sistas" Premieres and Encores L+3
BET further spins the numbers for Wednesday, October 14.

[10/19/20 - 08:15 AM]
Sunday's Broadcast Ratings: NBC, "SNF" Hold Off FOX, Game 7 of NLCS
"Sunday Night Football" helps the network lead the night in total viewers and adults 18-49.

[10/18/20 - 09:53 AM]
Saturday's Broadcast Ratings: College Football Sparks CBS to Top Honors
The Eye's coverage of Georgia at Alabama dominates the evening in all categories.

[10/17/20 - 08:30 AM]
Friday's Broadcast Ratings: FOX, "SmackDown" Hold Off Demo Competition
The network leads the night among adults 18-49 while ABC claims top honors in total viewers.

[10/16/20 - 08:31 AM]
In Its First 28 Days, 48 Million Members Have Booked an Appointment with Nurse Ratched
Netflix reveals the series is its biggest original Season 1 of the year.

[10/16/20 - 08:19 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: ABC Wins Town Hall Showdown
The Alphabet leads the night in both total viewers and adults 18-49.

[10/15/20 - 08:11 AM]
Wednesday's Broadcast Ratings: "The Masked Singer" Pulls Back in Front for FOX
The network leads the night in both total viewers and adults 18-49.

[10/15/20 - 07:38 AM]
Nickelodeon's New Preschool Series "Santiago of the Seas" Sets Ratings Record
Nickelodeon further spins the numbers for Friday, October 9.

[10/14/20 - 08:11 AM]
Tuesday's Broadcast Ratings: NFL Sparks Another CBS Victory
The Eye gets a boost in primetime, winning the night in both total viewers and adults 18-49.