CROWN MEDIA FAMILY NETWORKS' HOLIDAY PROGRAMMING EVENTS SCORE ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL WEEKEND
Original "Countdown to Christmas" Movie Premieres Catapult Hallmark Channel to be #1 Rated and Most-Watched Network for Entire Weekend
Hallmark Movies & Mysteries' Latest "Most Wonderful Movies of Christmas" Original Movie Premiere Becomes Most-Watched in Network's History
New York, NY, December 13 - Hallmark Channel's annual "Countdown to Christmas" programming franchise continues its leading performance with its most recent original premieres "A Nutcracker Christmas" and "Love You Like Christmas" propelling the network to be #1 all weekend among Households and Women 25-54 ratings and delivery.
Hallmark Movies & Mysteries' "Most Wonderful Movies of Christmas" programming event is following suit with this past weekend's debut of "Sound of Christmas" becoming the most-watched original premiere among Women 25-54 and Adults 25-54 in network history.
Key Nielsen Highlights (L+SD) for Hallmark Channel
· "A Nutcracker Christmas" (Saturday, December 10) averaged a 3.2 HH rating and 3.7 million Total Viewers
· Original movie became the #1 rated and most-watched program of the day among HH and W25-54
· "A Nutcracker Christmas" boosted Hallmark Channel to be the #1 rated cable network on Saturday in Prime Time as well as #1 in Total Day among HH and W25-54 ratings and delivery
· "A Nutcracker Christmas" was the most social original movie premiere of the week across Broadcast or Cable, attracting the highest Unique People and Social Media Interactions across Facebook and Twitter combined
· "Love You Like Christmas" (Sunday, December 11) earned a 3.8 HH rating and 4.3 million Total Viewers
· Premiere became the top-rated cable movie of the week among HH and W25-54
· Elevated by the original movie, Hallmark Channel became the #1 rated and most-watched network for the entire day among HH and W25-54
· "Love You Like Christmas" was Sunday's most social original movie premiere on Broadcast or Cable, attracting the highest Unique People and Social Media Interactions across Facebook and Twitter combined
Key Nielsen Highlights (L+SD) for Hallmark Movies & Mysteries
· "Sound of Christmas" (Sunday, December 11) averaged a 1.6 HH rating and 1.5 million Total Viewers
· Original debut became Hallmark Movies & Mysteries' most-watched original premiere in network history among W25-54 and A25-54
· In the 9-11 p.m. time period, "Sound of Christmas" propelled Hallmark Movies & Mysteries to be the 3rd highest-rated network among HH and Total Viewers
· "Sound of Christmas" was Sunday's 2nd most social original movie premiere on Broadcast or Cable, generating the 2nd highest Unique People and Social Media Interactions across Facebook and Twitter combined
Source: Nielsen, December 5-11, 2016; Nielsen Social Content Ratings, 11/28 - 12/4/16.
ABOUT CROWN MEDIA FAMILY NETWORKS
Crown Media Family Networks is the umbrella unit subsidiary of Hallmark Cards, Inc., housing cable's leading family friendly networks, Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, as well as their corresponding digital extensions HallmarkChannel.com and HallmarkMoviesandMysteries.com. The company operates and distributes both channels in high definition (HD) and standard definition (SD) with Hallmark Channel available to 89 million subscribers and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries in 67 million homes in the United States. Hallmark Channel features an ambitious slate of new, original content, including movies; scripted series, such as "When Calls the Heart," and "Good Witch" and "Chesapeake Shores"; annual specials including "Hero Dog Awards" and "Kitten Bowl"; world premieres of Hallmark Hall of Fame presentations, and a daily, two-hour lifestyle show, "Home & Family." Hallmark Channel is also home to the popular annual holiday franchise "Countdown to Christmas," featuring a lineup of 24/7 holiday programming. Rounding out the network's lineup are television's most beloved comedy and drama series, including "The Golden Girls," "The Middle," "Frasier," "Last Man Standing" and "Home Improvement." Hallmark Movies & Mysteries is a separate 24-hour, digital cable network featuring a unique mix of new, original movies and acquired series focused on the lighter side of the suspense and mystery genres. The network also features its own annual holiday programming franchise, "Most Wonderful Movies of Christmas," as well as presentations from the multi-award-winning Hallmark Hall of Fame library.
Hallmark Channel on Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube
Hallmark Movies & Mysteries on Social Media: Facebook, Twitter