BRAVO MEDIA FINISHES 2016 WITH THE LARGEST ON-AIR AND DIGITAL GROWTH AMONG THE TOP 10 AD SUPPORTED CABLE NETWORKS
NETWORK BOASTS 15 RETURNING SERIES UP SEASON OVER SEASON IN TOTAL VIEWERS
BRAVO RANKS AS THE #1 RATED CABLE NETWORK ON VIDEO ON DEMAND IN 2016 WITH MORE THAN 100 MILLION VIEWS
NEW YORK - December 19, 2016 - Driven by its slate of new and returning series, Bravo Media is pacing to finish 2016 with the biggest on-air and digital growth among the top 10 ad-supported cable entertainment networks in P25-54. During a time when most top cable networks are averaging losses in all three key demos, Bravo is up +4% in P25-54 year to date, netting its highest ranking ever in the demo at #8, while also marking its sixth consecutive year in the top 10. In addition, Bravo ranks #9 in P18-49, its fourth consecutive year in the top 10, and is up +7% in total viewers year to date, enjoying its highest ranking in network history.
Adding to the network's ratings success, Bravo has seen greater increases in male viewership than any other top 20 ad-supported network with M18-49 (+16%) and M25-54 (+21%) versus 2015. In addition, Bravo is the fastest growing digital platform among the top 10 ad-supported cable entertainment networks in unique visitors P18-49 (up +67% vs. 2015 to date) and P25-54 (up +62% vs. 2015 to date).
Helping to fuel this growth, Bravo is bucking industry trends with 15 returning series up season over season in total viewers including: "Below Deck" (+27%), "Don't Be Tardy" (+5%), "Flipping Out" (+22%), "Married to Medicine" (+45%), "Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles" (+5%), "Million Dollar Listing New York" (+10%)," "Newlyweds: The First Year (+7%)," "Odd Mom Out (+3%), "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" (+5%), "The Real Housewives of New York City" (+20%), "The Real Housewives of Orange County" (+10%), "Shahs of Sunset" (+22%), "Southern Charm" (+18%), "Top Chef" (+8%)and "Vanderpump Rules" (+3%).
Furthermore, with the popularity of the network's original series, 2016 is pacing to be the network's best year ever for Video On Demand with 114.3 Million set-top-box transactions. The network is up +29% versus the same time period last year on set-top-box, growing +61% faster than the cable average, and currently ranks as the #1 rated ad-supported cable entertainment network for VOD.
ADDITIONAL HIGHLIGHTS FOR 2016 INCLUDE:
· With 33 Million Full episode TV Everywhere (TVE) starts, Bravo Digital (BravoTV.com and Bravo Now app) is up +146% versus the same time period last year.
· 2016 to date, Bravo ranks as having the #1 most upscale and educated P18-49 audience versus ad-supported cable entertainment networks in press prime.
· 2016 to date, Bravo is the #1 cable network for viewer loyalty.
· 2016 to date, Bravo is the #1 most engaging ad-supported cable entertainment network among P18-49.
Program Performance - Top Franchises Continue to Deliver
· Three of the top 15 reality series on cable to date are "The Real Housewives of Atlanta," "The Real Housewives of Orange County," and "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills."
· "Below Deck" and "Married to Medicine" were Bravo's fastest growing series - and among the biggest gainers on all of cable in 2016 - improving +25% and +39% respectively from the prior year in P18-49.
· "The Real Housewives of Potomac" became Bravo's strongest performing freshman series in three years in P18-49 and P25-54 and the strongest in six years among total viewers.
· Behind the strength of The Real Housewives franchises, Bravo was a top 3 cable entertainment network among P18-49 and P25-54 during every Housewives premiere night hour (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday) in 2016.
· Out of 12 late night ad-supported cable talk shows, "Watch What Happens Live" ranks #1 in Women 25-54.
· 2016 to date is pacing as the best year ever for Bravo Digital (BravoTV.com and Bravo Now App) with average monthly page views (up +13% from 2015), average monthly visits (+46%), average monthly unique visitors (+30%), average monthly short-form video streams (+30%), average monthly full-episode segment starts (+146%), and total video streams (+81%).
Source: Nielsen Media Research, L7 through 11/27/16 blended with LS through 12/11/16, primetime cable entertainment ranks include all measured ad-supported cable entertainment networks that air in 100% of primetime (M-Su 8p-11p), Upscale/Educated- P18-49 HOH $125K+ W/4+ Yrs College VPVHs for NHI 2015 M-Su 8p-11p based on L7 data through 11/13/16 blended with L3 through 11/24/16 and LS through 11/27/16 including all measured cable entertainment networks. Engagement stat based on: Nielsen. TVBE. 2016TD (1/1/16-11/27/16). P18-49. Includes all non-sports primetime cable programming. Indexed to cable ent avg (excl Bravo). Returning series stat based on L3 data among P2+. VOD = Rentrak. 2016TD VOD Network-level transactions based on 12/28/15-11/27/16 versus 12/29/14-11/29/15. # 1 rated cable VOD rank based on Nielsen VOD through 3 days in primetime through September 2016, #1 ad-supported cable entertainment VOD ranking excludes kids, FX movie channel through September 2016. 2016TD for digital stats: 1/1/16 through 11/30/16. Omniture. Fastest growing based on top ten ad-supported cable networks. WWHL = 12 Late Night Ad-supported cable talk shows: Amber Rose Show (Vh1), At Midnight (Comedy Central), Conan (TBS), Daily Show (Comedy Central), Full Frontal w/ Samantha Bee (TBS), Graham Norton Show (BBCA), It's Not You, It's Men (OWN), Kocktails with Khloe (FYI), Nightly Show (Comedy Central), Not Safe w/ Nikki Glaser (Comedy Central), Vh1 Live! (Vh1) and WWHL.3 of the top 15 reality series: Nielsen, L7, P18-49, 12/28/2015 - 11/27/2016, M-Su 8-11pm, original cable reality premieres only.loyalty = Nielsen. Quarterly Averages of 1Q16-4Q16TD thru 11.27.16. A18-49. Live+7. M-Su 8-11p. 6+ minute qual. Custom freq. 10+. Ranked out of ad-supp. cable ent. nets. (excl. news, sports and Spanish-language).
About Bravo Media
Bravo Media is the premiere lifestyle and entertainment brand that drives cultural conversation around its high-quality, interactive original content that focuses on the network's passion points of food, fashion, beauty, design, digital and pop culture. The network's diversified slate includes Bravo's first scripted series "Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce," scripted comedy "Odd Mom Out," and unscripted favorites such as Emmy award-winning "Top Chef," "Vanderpump Rules," "Below Deck," "Southern Charm" and the popular "Million Dollar Listing" and "The Real Housewives" franchises as well as the only live late-night talk show, "Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen." Available in 88 million homes, Bravo is a program service of NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, a division of NBCUniversal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. Watch Bravo anywhere: On Demand, online or across mobile and connected TVs. Bravo has been an NBCUniversal cable network since December 2002 and first launched in December 1980.