HALLMARK CHANNEL DOMINATES CABLE AS THE #1 NETWORK AMONG WOMEN 25-54
"Countdown to Christmas" Original Movies Power Hallmark Channel to be #1 Among Women 25-54 Ratings and Delivery for Eight Straight Weekends
New York, NY, December 20 - Hallmark Channel maintains its winning streak this holiday season with the most recent original movie premieres "My Christmas Love" and "Sleigh Bells Ring" solidifying its place as the #1 network among Women 25-54 ratings and delivery for the eighth consecutive weekend and the fifth consecutive week.
On Saturday, December 17, the original debut of "My Christmas Love" skyrocketed Hallmark Channel to be the most-watched television network on broadcast and cable in the 8-10 p.m. time period among Households, Women 18-49, Women 25-54 and Total Viewers.
Key Nielsen Highlights (L+SD) for Hallmark Channel
· "My Christmas Love" (Saturday, December 17) averaged a 4.0 HH rating and 4.6 million Total Viewers, tying as the network's highest-rated telecast of 2016
· Original movie made Hallmark Channel the #1 television network across broadcast and cable in the 8-10 p.m. time period among HH, W18-49, W25-54 and Total Viewer delivery
· "My Christmas Love" elevated Hallmark Channel to be #1 for the entire day on Saturday among HH and W25-54 ratings
· Premiere became the most-watched program of the day among W25-54 and HH as well as the highest-rated program of the day among W25-54
· "My Christmas Love" was the #1 non-sports program of the week among HH delivery
· Debut became the most social original movie premiere on broadcast or cable, attracting the highest Unique People and Social Media Interactions across Facebook and Twitter combined
· "Sleigh Bells Ring" (Sunday, December 18) earned a 3.5 HH rating and 4.1 million Total Viewers
· Original movie ranked as the #1 program of the day among HH ratings and delivery as well as the #2 non-sports cable program of the week among HH ratings
· Debut boosted the network to be #1 in Sunday Prime Time and Total Day ratings among HH and W25-54
Key Nielsen Highlights (L+SD) for Hallmark Movies & Mysteries
· "A Christmas to Remember" (Sunday, December 18) earned a 1.7 HH rating and 1.4 million Total Viewers
· Original movie elevated the network to rank #4 in Sunday Prime Time among HH ratings
· Debut was the week's 2nd most social original movie premiere on broadcast or cable, attracting the most Unique People across Facebook and Twitter combined
Source: Nielsen, December 12-18, 2016; Nielsen Social Content Ratings, 12/12 - 12/18/16.
ABOUT CROWN MEDIA FAMILY NETWORKS
Crown Media Family Networks is the umbrella unit subsidiary of Hallmark Cards, Inc., housing cable's leading family friendly networks, Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, as well as their corresponding digital extensions HallmarkChannel.com and HallmarkMoviesandMysteries.com. The company operates and distributes both channels in high definition (HD) and standard definition (SD) with Hallmark Channel available to 89 million subscribers and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries in 67 million homes in the United States. Hallmark Channel features an ambitious slate of new, original content, including movies; scripted series, such as "When Calls the Heart," and "Good Witch" and "Chesapeake Shores"; annual specials including "Hero Dog Awards" and "Kitten Bowl"; world premieres of Hallmark Hall of Fame presentations, and a daily, two-hour lifestyle show, "Home & Family." Hallmark Channel is also home to the popular annual holiday franchise "Countdown to Christmas," featuring a lineup of 24/7 holiday programming. Rounding out the network's lineup are television's most beloved comedy and drama series, including "The Golden Girls," "The Middle," "Frasier," "Last Man Standing" and "Home Improvement." Hallmark Movies & Mysteries is a separate 24-hour, digital cable network featuring a unique mix of new, original movies and acquired series focused on the lighter side of the suspense and mystery genres. The network also features its own annual holiday programming franchise, "Most Wonderful Movies of Christmas," as well as presentations from the multi-award-winning Hallmark Hall of Fame library.
Hallmark Channel on Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube
Hallmark Movies & Mysteries on Social Media: Facebook, Twitter