"NBC'S NEW YEAR'S EVE WITH CARSON DALY" HITS A SEVEN-YEAR HIGH IN 18-49 IN THE LOCAL PEOPLE METERS
IT'S A +22% JUMP VS. LAST YEAR IN 18-49, DALY GROWS +19% IN METERED-MARKET HOUSEHOLDS
"SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE" SCORES ITS BEST ENCORE RATING SINCE FEB. 2015 IN THE LOCAL PEOPLE METERS
Saturday Late-Night Ratings:
· "NBC's New Year's Eve with Carson Daly" has hit a seven-year high in adults 18-49 in the local people meters, with a +22% jump versus last year, while rival New Year's Eve broadcasts on ABC and Fox both declined. In metered-market households, the NBC telecast grew +19% year to year to a three-year high.
· From 11:30 p.m.-12:30 a.m., "NBC's New Year's Eve with Carson Daly" averaged a 5.1 rating, 11 share in households in the 56 markets metered by Nielsen Media Research and a 3.3/12 in 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
· "NBC's New Year's Eve with Carson Daly" grew +19% in metered market households versus last year's 4.3/10 for a Thursday telecast, making this Daly's top New Year's Eve household rating since 2013 (5.2 on a Tuesday).
· Last night's 3.3 in 18-49 in the local people meters is up +22% versus the year-ago 2.7/10, for the special's best score since 2009 (3.4 on a Thursday).
· The 3.3 ranks as the second-highest rating ever in the local people meters for the annual Carson Daly telecast over its 12 years on the air, trailing since the first telecast in 2005 only the 2009 result.
· Other late-night averages last night in the markets metered by Nielsen included: "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest 2017" on ABC, 9.0/22 from 11:30 p.m.-1:15 a.m. (versus the year-ago 9.9/24) and 6.8/27 in 18-49 in the local people meters (vs. last year's 7.4/29); and Fox's "Pitbull's New Year's Revolution," 2.6/6 in metered-market households from 11 p.m.-12:30 a.m. (vs. last year's 3.1/7) and 2.4/9 in 18-49 in the local people meters (vs. last year's 2.7/10). National results for the December 31 late-night programs, including viewer numbers, are due from Nielsen Media Research on Wednesday.
· An encore telecast of "Saturday Night Live," airing from 12:30-2 a.m. ET with host with host Benedict Cumberbatch and musical guest Solange, averaged a 2.2/7 in households in Nielsen's 56 metered markets and a 1.6/8 in 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
· It's the highest-rated "Saturday Night Live" encore since February 2015 in the local people meters, with last night's 1.6 in 18-49 the show's best since Feb. 14, 2015 (1.6 with host George Carlin and musical guests Janis Ian and Billy Preston [the "SNL" series premiere from 1975]). The last time an "SNL" rebroadcast has scored higher in the local people meters was Jan. 3, 2015 (1.7 with host Woody Harrelson and musical guest Kendrick Lamar the night of an NFL Playoff overrun).
· National ratings, including viewer totals, for last night's "Saturday Night Live" encore are due from Nielsen on Wednesday.
Saturday Primetime Ratings:
NBC ranks #2 in primetime among the Big 4 networks in adults 18-49, total viewers and all other key measures.
The NBC News Special "A Toast to 2016!" (0.8/3 in 18-49, 1.0 rating in 25-54, 3.6 million viewers overall from 8-10 p.m. ET):
· Ranks #2 in the time period among the Big 4 networks in adults 18-49, adults 25-54, total viewers and all other key measures.
· Grows steadily throughout its two hours, with this half-hour track in 18-49: 0.7, 0.8, 0.9 1.0.
· Increases from its first half-hour to its fourth by +43% in adults 18-49 (from a 0.7 rating to a 1.0), +63% in adults 25-54 (0.8 to 1.3) and +32% or +1.0 million persons in total viewers (4.1 million to 3.1 million).
"Late Night with Seth Meyers New Year's Eve Special" (0.8/3 in 18-49, 3.2 million viewers overall from 10-11 p.m. ET):
· Ranks #2 in the slot among ABC, CBS and NBC in adults 18-49, total viewers and all other key demographic.
· Grows +14% or 0.1 of a point versus NBC's time-period average last season in 18-49 (0.8 vs. 0.7, L+SD non-sports) and by +17% in total viewers (3.197 million vs. 2.740 million).
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.