"THE GIFTED" MARKS TELEVISION'S HIGHEST-RATED FALL DEBUT IN MONDAY 9PM TIME PERIOD IN LIVE + 7 DAY RATINGS IN THREE YEARS
Family Adventure Series Set in "X-Men" Universe Logs FOX's Best Monday Premiere
in Nearly Two Years and Top-Rated Monday Telecast in Year-and-a-Half
THE ORVILLE Delivers +133% Lift from Live + Same Day;
BROOKLYN NINE-NINE Posts +117% Gain
THE SIMPSONS, FAMILY GUY and HELL'S KITCHEN Grow from Premiere Week
In Live + 7 Day ratings for the week of October 2nd, FOX's THE GIFTED delivered a 2.8/10 rating, becoming television's highest-rated Fall launch in the Monday 9:00pm time period in three years. THE GIFTED also posted the network's best premiere for the night in nearly two years and top-rated Monday telecast since THE X-FILES event series finale in February 2016.
With a 1.3 ratings point lift (+87%) from Live + Same Day, the all-new family adventure series set within Marvel's "X-Men" universe grew +65% from its LUCIFER lead-in.
FOX's other new drama, THE ORVILLE, averaged a 2.1/8 L7, up 1.2 rating points, or +133%, from L+SD, maintaining its rating for the third consecutive week.
THE ORVILLE and THE GIFTED rank as the No. 2 and No. 3 rated drama debuts of the season.
FOX comedy BROOKLYN NINE-NINE also more than doubled its L+SD rating, while THE SIMPSONS, FAMILY GUY and GHOSTED ranked as the Top Three entertainment programs of Sunday, October 8th. In addition, THE SIMPSONS, FAMILY GUY and HELL'S KITCHEN each grew from Premiere Week.
FOX highlights include:
· THE GIFTED (2.8/10 L7, up 1.3 ratings points, or 87%, from L+SD) is TV's highest-rated Fall debut in the Monday 9:00pm time period in three years and FOX's highest-rated debut on the night in nearly two years.
· THE GIFTED built on its LUCIFER lead-in by +65% to post FOX's highest rating for a Monday telecast in a year and a half.
· LUCIFER (1.7/6 L7, up +55% from L+SD) returned up one tenth from last season's finale.
· LETHAL WEAPON delivered a 1.7/7 L7, up +55% from L+SD.
· THE MICK's 1.4/5 L7 marks a +56% gain from same day, while BROOKLYN NINE-NINE averaged a 1.3/5 L7, up +117%.
· EMPIRE (3.0/12 L7, up 1.1 ratings points, or +58% from L+SD) ranked as Wednesday's top drama, with a +30% edge over #2 Chicago PD (2.3/9 L7).
· STAR delivered a 2.0/7 L7, marking a +43% lift from L+SD.
· THE ORVILLE (2.1/8 L7, up 1.2 rating points, or +133%, from L+SD) held its rating for the third consecutive week since its Thursday time period premiere.
· GOTHAM held steady with a week ago at a 1.6/6 L7, up +78% from same day.
· HELL'S KITCHEN (1.4/6 L7) grew +8% from the prior week's premiere while lead-out THE EXORCIST held steady with a 0.7/3 L7 (+75% from L+SD).
· THE SIMPSONS (2.4/9 L7, +41% from last week), FAMILY GUY (2.1/7 L7, +11% from prior week) and GHOSTED (1.9/7 L7) ranked as the night's Top Three Entertainment programs.
· THE SIMPSONS and FAMILY GUY both posted their highest-rated telecasts since January.
· THE LAST MAN ON EARTH delivered a 1.4/5 L7.