HALLMARK CHANNEL'S ANNUAL "COUNTDOWN TO VALENTINE'S DAY" PROGRAMMING EVENT BOOSTS NETWORK TO LEAD CABLE IN WEEKEND PRIME
Franchise Delivered Highest-Rated Movies of the Week Among Households for All Three Original Premieres
New York, NY, February 15, 2018 - Hallmark Channel concluded its "Countdown to Valentine's Day" stunt this past weekend, capping off three love-themed original movie premieres with a 2.3 Household rating. Overall, the two-week event elevated Hallmark Channel to be the most-watched cable network in Weekend Prime (Sa-Su 8-11p) the first two weeks of February. "Countdown to Valentine's Day" reached an unduplicated audience of 7 million Total Viewers and outperformed the 2017 premiere's Household average by 22%.
Key Nielsen Highlights (L+SD)
Saturday, February 3 - "My Secret Valentine":
· Averaged a 2.9 Household rating, 3 million Total Viewers, and 551,000 Women 25-54
· Highest-rated program of the day and #1 non-news/non-sports program of the week
· Boosted Hallmark Channel to be the most-watched and highest-rated network among Households and Total Viewers on cable in the Saturday 9-11p time period
Saturday, February 10 - "Very, Very, Valentine":
· Averaged a 2.3 Household rating, 2.4 million Total Viewers, and 416,000 Women 25-54
· Highest-rated non-sports program of the day and #2 non-news/non-sports program of the week
· Elevated Hallmark Channel to be highest-rated and most-watched cable network among Households and Total Viewers during the Saturday 9-11p time period
Sunday, February 11 - "Cooking with Love":
· Averaged a 1.8 Household rating, 1.8 million Total Viewers, and 337,000 Women 25-54
· Second highest-rated program of the day
· Propelled Hallmark Channel to be the second highest-rated network on cable among Households and Total Viewers during the Saturday 9-11p time frame
Source: Nielsen, January 29 - February 11, 2018
ABOUT HALLMARK CHANNEL
Hallmark Channel is Crown Media Family Networks' flagship 24-hour cable television network, distributed nationwide in high definition (HD) and standard definition (SD) to 88 million homes. As the country's leading destination for quality family entertainment, Hallmark Channel delivers on the 100-year legacy of the Hallmark brand. In addition to its signature new, original movies, the network features an ambitious lineup of other new, original content, including scripted primetime series, such as "Good Witch," "When Calls the Heart" and "Chesapeake Shores"; annual specials including "Kitten Bowl" and "Hero Dog Awards"; and a daily, two-hour lifestyle show, "Home & Family." Additionally, Hallmark Channel is the exclusive home to world premiere presentations of the acclaimed Hallmark Hall of Fame franchise. Dedicated to helping viewers celebrate life's special moments, Hallmark Channel also offers annual holiday programming franchises, including "Countdown to Christmas," "Countdown to Valentine's Day," "Summer Nights," "Fall Harvest" and "Winterfest." Rounding out the network's diverse slate are some of television's most beloved comedies and series, including "The Golden Girls" and "Frasier."
Hallmark Cards, Inc. owns and operates Crown Media Family Networks.
To visit the network website, please visit www.hallmarkchannel.com
Hallmark Channel on Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube