HALLMARK CHANNEL'S "WHEN CALLS THE HEART" RANKS AS #1 SCRIPTED SERIES ON CABLE
Series Returns with Two-Night Event Featuring All-New, Back-to-Back Episodes
New York, NY, May 14, 2019 - Following a brief hiatus, "When Calls the Heart" made a triumphant return to Hallmark Channel last week and is currently ranking as the highest-rated and most-watched scripted series on ad-supported cable. The show's highly-anticipated two-night event, featuring new back-to-back episodes on Sunday, May 5 and Monday, May 6, averaged a 2.7 Household rating, 2.7 million Total Viewers, and 340,000 Women 25-54 on a Live +3 basis. Both episodes registered as the highest-rated and most-watched programs of the day on their respective air dates and boosted Hallmark Channel to rank as the #2 network on cable from Sunday through Monday during Prime Time, excluding news and sports.
"The results from last week's two-night 'When Calls the Heart' event demonstrate the enduring passion and commitment of the show's fanbase," said Michelle Vicary, EVP, Programming and Network Publicity. "Currently clocking in as the highest-rated scripted series across the cable spectrum, the show is truly a force to be reckoned with."
Key Nielsen Highlights (Live +3)
Sunday, May 5 & Monday, May 6 - "When Calls the Heart" Episodes 4 & 5
· Averaged a 2.7 Household rating, 2.7 million Total Viewers, and 340,000 Women 25-54
· Two-night event elevated Hallmark Channel to be the second highest-rated and most-watched cable network during Prime Time, excluding news networks & sports programming
· Episode 4 on Sunday, May 5 delivered a 3.0 Household rating and ranked as the highest-rated and most-watched original scripted series of the week on ad-supported cable; episode also becomes the highest-rated "When Calls the Heart" episode in series history
· Both episodes ranked as the highest-rated and most-watched programs of the day on their respective air dates, excluding news and sports
· Combined, the telecasts reached 4.5 million unduplicated total viewers
Source: Nielsen, April 29 - May 12, 2019
ABOUT HALLMARK CHANNEL
Hallmark Channel, owned by Hallmark Cards, Inc., is Crown Media Family Networks' flagship 24-hour cable television network, distributed nationwide in high definition (HD) and standard definition (SD) to 85 million homes. As the country's leading destination for quality family entertainment, Hallmark Channel delivers on the 100-year legacy of the Hallmark brand. In addition to its signature new, original movies, the network features an ambitious lineup of other new, original content, including scripted primetime series, such as "Good Witch," "When Calls the Heart" and "Chesapeake Shores"; annual specials including "Kitten Bowl" and "Hero Dog Awards"; and a daily, two-hour lifestyle show, "Home & Family." Additionally, Hallmark Channel is the exclusive home to world premiere presentations of the acclaimed Hallmark Hall of Fame franchise. Dedicated to helping viewers celebrate life's special moments, Hallmark Channel also offers annual holiday programming franchises, including "Countdown to Christmas," "Countdown to Valentine's Day," "Summer Nights," "Fall Harvest" and "Winterfest." Rounding out the network's diverse slate are some of television's most beloved comedies and series, including "The Golden Girls" and "Frasier."
To visit the network website, please visit www.hallmarkchannel.com
Hallmark Channel on Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube