HALLMARK CHANNEL'S "NEW YEAR NEW MOVIES!" PROGRAMMING EVENT BOOSTS NETWORK TO BECOME #1 MOST-WATCHED ON WEEKENDS IN 2021 TO-DATE
Four of the Network's All-New Original Movie Premieres
Marked the Most-Watched Programs of the Week in January
NEW YORK - February 2, 2021 - Hallmark Channel is off to a great start in 2021, with its programming event New Year New Movies! establishing the channel as the #1 most-watched entertainment cable network in the year-to-date on weekends among Women 18+ and Households. These results come on the heels of yet another highly successful holiday season, which boosted Hallmark Channel to rank as the most-watched entertainment cable network among Women 18+ in all of Fourth Quarter for the seventh consecutive year.
Featuring five all-new original movie premieres rolling out every Saturday night in January, New Year New Movies! - newly rebranded from its previous iteration, Winterfest - also earned Hallmark Channel the #2 spot in Total Day and Primetime among Households, Women 18+, and Total Viewer impressions. The January 2 premiere of Taking a Shot at Love was a particular standout, becoming Hallmark Channel's second highest-rated original premiere during the month of January in network history with a 3.2 Household rating.
Key Nielsen Highlights (L+SD)
Hallmark Channel 2021 To-Date
· Hallmark Channel is the second most-watched entertainment cable network in 2021 to- date during Total Day and Primetime among Households, Women 18+, and Total Viewers
· Additionally, the network becomes the #1 most-watched during Weekend Total Day among Households and Women 18+, and during Weekend Primetime and on Saturdays among Households, Women 18+, and Total Viewers
· The five New Year New Movies! original movie premieres averaged a 2.5 Household rating, 288,000 Women 25-54, and 2.4 million Total Viewers
· Four out of the five original movie premieres airing as part of the New Year New Movies! programming event were the most-watched entertainment cable programs of their respective weeks among Women 18+
· All five original movies premieres ranked at the #1 most-watched entertainment cable programs on their respective airdates among Households, Women 18+, and Total Viewers
Source: Nielsen L+SD 12/28/20-1/31/21; Excluding news and sports
ABOUT HALLMARK CHANNEL
Hallmark Channel, owned by Hallmark Cards, Inc., is Crown Media Family Networks' flagship 24-hour cable television network. As the country's leading destination for quality family entertainment, Hallmark Channel delivers on the 100-year legacy of the Hallmark brand. The network features an ambitious lineup of original content, including movies, scripted primetime series, and a daily, two-hour lifestyle show, "Home & Family." Additionally, Hallmark Channel is the exclusive home to world premiere presentations of the acclaimed Hallmark Hall of Fame franchise. Dedicated to helping viewers celebrate life's special moments, Hallmark Channel also offers annual holiday programming franchises including "Countdown to Christmas" and many other seasonal offerings. Rounding out the network's diverse slate are some of television's most beloved comedies and series, including "The Golden Girls" and "Frasier."
To visit the network website, please visit www.hallmarkchannel.com
Hallmark Channel on Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube