HALLMARK CHANNEL'S MERRY THANKSGIVING WEEKEND MAKES NETWORK #1 FOR 10th CONSECUTIVE YEAR AMONG WOMEN 18+
Seven All-New Original Holiday Movie Premieres Drew in Over 10 million
Unduplicated Total Viewers, Delivering Six of the Top Ten Programs of the Week
Countdown to Christmas Continues to Establish Network as #1 in the Quarter-to-date
November 30, 2022, NEW YORK -- Hallmark Channel's Merry Thanksgiving Weekend, which debuted seven all-new original movies as part of the highly successful Countdown to Christmas programming event, elevated the network to be the #1 most-watched on cable during Thanksgiving week for the 10th year in a row among Women 18+, outperforming the nearest entertainment cable network by 119%. What's more, the network delivered six out of the top ten most-watched entertainment cable programs of the week among Women 18+, with Saturday Night's Haul Out the Holly - featuring a star-studded cast, including Lacey Chabert, Wes Brown, Stephen Tobolowsky, Melissa Peterman, and Ellen Travolta - becoming ad-supported cable's #1 most-watched movie of the year to-date among key demos. Countdown to Christmas, currently in its seventh week, continues to propel Hallmark Channel to be the most-watched entertainment cable network in Fourth Quarter and the holiday season to-date.
Countdown to Christmas and Hallmark Channel Highlights include:
· In Fourth Quarter to-date (9/26-11/27/22), Hallmark Channel is the most watched entertainment cable network among Households, Women 25-54, Women 18-49, Total Viewers, and Women and Persons 18+
· Merry Thanksgiving Weekend elevated the network to be the #1 most-watched cable network during Thanksgiving week for the 10th year in a row among Women 18+, outperforming the nearest entertainment cable network by 119%
· The Merry Thanksgiving Weekend original holiday movie premieres delivered:
· 6 out of the Top 10 most-watched entertainment cable programs of the week among Women 18+
· The #1 most-watched entertainment cable program on Thursday among Households, Women 18+, Total Viewers, and Women 25-54, and Women 18-49
· The Top 2 most-watched entertainment cable programs on Friday and Saturday among Households, Women 18+, Total Viewers, and Women 25-54
· The second most-watched entertainment cable program on Sunday among Women 18+
· Ad-supported cable's #1 most-watched movie of the year to-date, Haul Out the Holly, among Women 25-54, Women 18-49, and Women and Persons 18-34
*Source: Nielsen L+SD Program based data, 11/21/22-11/27/22, 9/26/22-11/27/22, excludes News/Sports; Networks that share feeds are weight averaged to daypart based on dur; Ad-Supported Cable Feature Films, 12/27/21-11/27/22; Unduplicated P2+ Reach, 6 min qualifier.
ABOUT HALLMARK CHANNEL
Hallmark Channel, owned by Hallmark Cards, Inc., is Hallmark Media's flagship 24-hour cable television network. As the country's leading destination for quality, feel-good entertainment, Hallmark Channel delivers on the 100-year legacy of the Hallmark brand. The network's lineup of signature original content includes movies, primetime scripted series, and specials. Dedicated to helping viewers celebrate holidays, seasons, and life's special moments, Hallmark Channel is home to a host of annual programming events, including the highly successful Countdown to Christmas, which has become a pop culture phenomenon and a beloved holiday tradition for millions of viewers. Rounding out the network's slate are some of television's most classic comedies and series, including The Golden Girls, Frasier, and Reba.