|BREAKS, THE (VH1)
on hiatus or fate to be determined
completed airing its current season
1 (9 episodes)
completed airing its first season on 4/10/17; has yet to be renewed for a second season
(from VH1's press release, January 2017) VH1 today announced the network's highly anticipated new scripted series "The Breaks" will premiere on Monday, February 20th at 9PM ET/PT. The original film, which aired last year on VH1, followed three young friends fulfilling their hip hop dreams in New York City in 1990. The series continues to explore their triumphs and heartbreak trying to make their mark in a new and complex hip hop culture. "The Breaks" ranked as the #2 original cable movie of 2016 among adults 18-49.* Across all premiere night airings, it tallied 2.6 million total viewers.** Inspired by The Big Payback, a nonfiction history of the hip-hop business written by journalist Dan Charnas, "The Breaks" is executive produced by Seith Mann ("The Wire," "The Walking Dead," "Homeland") and John J. Strauss ("Mozart in the Jungle").
|PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
· Afton Williamson as Nikki Jones
· Antoine Harris as Ahmed "Ahm" Harris
· Cliff "Method Man" Smith as Darryl Van Puten, Sr.
· David Call as David Aaron
· Evan Handler as Jonah "Juggy" Aaron
· Mack Wilds as Daryl "DeeVee" Van Putten, Jr.
· Russell Hornsby as Sampson Green
· Wood Harris as Barry Fouray
· Bill Flanagan as EP (VH1)
· Dan Charnas as WRTR/BOOK/EP
· Darren Goldberg as EP
· Maggie Malina as EP (VH1)
· Seith Mann as WRTR/DIR/EP
· Susan Levison as EP (VH1)
· Atlantic Pictures