[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[02/25/15 - 02:54 PM]
Video: "American Horror Story: Hotel" - Lady Gaga's Coming to "AHS"
"Mother Monster is one of us..." in the first promo for the franchise's latest installment.

[02/25/15 - 11:53 AM]
Video: MTV Releases Trailer for "Teen Mom OG"
The new season, featuring Amber, Catelynn, Farrah and Maci, will premiere on Monday, March 23 at 10:00/9:00c.

[02/23/15 - 08:25 AM]
Video: AMC Gets Nostalgic with New "Mad Men" Spot During the 87th Annual Oscars Telecast
Watch the latest spot for the show's swan song, which begins Sunday, April 5 at 10:00/9:00c.

[02/19/15 - 11:00 AM]
Video: Watch the All-New Teaser for Upcoming Suspense Thriller Series "Wayward Pines"
The 10-episode series launches Thursday, May 14 at 9:00/8:00c on FOX.

[02/19/15 - 09:40 AM]
Video: AMC Releases A First Look Video to Celebrate the Upcoming Final Episodes of "Mad Men"
The show's final seven episodes begin on Sunday, April 5 at 10:00/9:00c.

[02/13/15 - 11:35 AM]
Video: "Scream Queens" Debuts FOX Fall 2015
Get your first taste of the new series from Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk and Ian Brennan.

[02/13/15 - 10:31 AM]
Video: Happy Valentine's Day from the Cast of "Weird Loners"
Becki Newton, Zachary Knighton, Nate Torrence and newcomer Meera Rohit Kumbhani star in the new comedy, premiering Tuesday, March 31 on FOX.

[02/12/15 - 09:04 AM]
Video: Some Like It Scot - Starz Releases New "Outlander" Trailer
The steamy trailer will play on big screens nationwide in front what is sure to be the most wildly seen movie of the weekend, "50 Shades of Grey."

[02/12/15 - 07:51 AM]
Video: Netflix Original Stand-Up Comedy "Ralphie May: Unruly" - Trailer Debut
"Ralphie May: Unruly" premieres on Friday, February 27 exclusively on Netflix in all territories where the service is available.

[02/09/15 - 10:31 AM]
Video: Netflix Releases Trailer and Key Art for New Family Thriller, "Bloodline"
All 13 episodes of the new original series will launch only on Netflix on Friday, March 20, and be available in 4K.

[02/09/15 - 08:26 AM]
Video: Showtime(R) Releases a First Look Tease of the New Comedy Series "Happyish"
Steve Coogan, Kathryn Hahn and Bradley Whitford star in the series, premiering Sunday, April 26 at 9:30/8:30c.

[02/06/15 - 10:12 AM]
Video: WGN America Unveils Heart-Stopping New Teaser Trailer for "Salem" Season Two
Currently in production in Shreveport, LA on its 13-episode sophomore run, "Salem" season two premieres Sunday, April 5 at 10:00/9:00c.

[02/04/15 - 09:32 AM]
Video: Starz Shares a Look Ahead at "Outlander"
The feature includes exclusive interviews from the cast and creators of the breakout hit.

[02/04/15 - 06:31 AM]
Video: "Marvel's Daredevil" - Teaser Trailer
The Netflix original launches with all 13 episodes on Friday, April 10.

[02/03/15 - 09:08 AM]
Video: "Marvel's Daredevil" - :15 Teaser
See the world premiere of the new trailer for "Marvel's Daredevil" - tomorrow, February 4!