[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[11/26/14 - 11:15 AM]
Watch a Sneak Peek at a Special Bite-Sized "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" Airing Thanksgiving, After the Football Game, on FOX
Said installment, guest starring Eva Longoria, then airs in full on Sunday, November 30 at 8:30/7:30c.

[11/25/14 - 01:35 PM]
Video: Six New Videos for "Archer" Season Six
The electrifying new season of "Archer" premieres January 8 on FX.

[11/25/14 - 12:18 PM]
Video: "Real World: Skeletons" Trailer
The franchise's 30th installment rolls out on Tuesday, December 16 at 10:00/9:00c.

[11/25/14 - 10:23 AM]
Video: WGN America Releases Spellbinding Teaser for Season Two of "Salem," Set to Return in April
In season two, the Grand Rite triggered at the end of last season is now underway and death is in the air.

[11/24/14 - 04:53 PM]
Video: New Teaser for Season 6 of "Justified"
The final season premieres Tuesday, January 20 at 10:00/9:00c only on FX.

[11/24/14 - 09:52 AM]
Video: Five New Videos for "The Comedians" - Series Premieres in 2015 Only on FX
Get your first taste of the new series, starring Billy Crystal and Josh Gad.

[11/20/14 - 10:46 AM]
Video: New Promo for "Idol XIV" Returning with a Special, Two-Night, Three-Hour Premiere Event Wednesday, Jan. 7 and Thursday, Jan. 8 on FOX
Check out the latest tease for the new season of the network's flagship reality series.

[11/18/14 - 11:09 AM]
Video: "Banshee" Season 3 - Trailer (Cinemax)
The pay channel's original series returns Friday, January 9 at 10:00/9:00c.

[11/17/14 - 07:15 AM]
Video: Netflix Premieres the Trailer for "Marco Polo"
"Marco Polo," starring newcomer Lorenzo Richelmy, is based on the famed explorer's adventures in Kublai Khan's court in 13th century China.

[11/14/14 - 06:40 PM]
Video: Watch a New Promo for "Idol XIV" Returning January 2015 on FOX
The network issues the latest tease for its flagship reality offering.

[11/13/14 - 06:00 PM]
Video: A Subversive and Comic Crime Procedural from the Creator of "Bones," "Backstrom" Is Coming Soon to FOX
Rainn Wilson stars as an unhealthy, offensive, irascible - albeit brilliant - detective who is brought back from exile to run the Portland Police Bureau's Special Crimes Unit.

[11/13/14 - 10:51 AM]
Video: "An En Vogue Christmas "Trailer
Terry Ellis, Cindy Herron, Rhona Bennett star as themselves in the Lifetime movie, which also features some of En Vogue's biggest hits and two new original songs.

[11/11/14 - 02:13 PM]
Video: Nickelodeon Unveils First Look at "Bella and the Bulldogs," New Live-Action Series Coming January 2015
The series follows a head cheerleader whose life takes an unexpected twist when she becomes the starting quarterback of her middle school football team in Texas.

[11/10/14 - 10:34 AM]
Video: Brand-New Teaser Trailer of Amazon's First Original Drama Series, "Bosch"
The series, due early next year, stars Titus Welliver, Annie Wersching, Lance Reddick, Scott Wilson and Jamie Hector.

[11/10/14 - 07:51 AM]
Video: The Official Season 2 Trailer for "Broad City" Is Available Now
The new season premieres Wednesday, January 14 at 10:30/9:30c on Comedy Central.