[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[12/05/16 - 10:40 AM]
Video: Crackle's "SuperMansion: War on Christmas" Releases First Look Clip Featuring Jim Parsons
The original special premieres this coming Thursday, December 8.

[12/05/16 - 09:40 AM]
Video: "Incorporated," A New Interactive Trailer
In the newest interactive trailer, explore the two worlds of the opulent Green Zone and the impoverished Red Zone.

[12/05/16 - 07:33 AM]
Video: Know Thy Selfie - Netflix Releases Trailer for New Cameron Dallas Series "Chasing Cameron"
The series centers on social media star and entrepreneur Cameron Dallas as he looks to take his career to the next level.

[12/02/16 - 09:30 AM]
Video: Craving More "Comedy Bang! Bang!"? Watch Four Never-Before-Seen Clips on IFC.com!
After 110 episodes of top-notch couch guests and wildly unpredictable interviews by host Scott Aukerman, the series is coming to an end after five "slightly off" seasons.

[12/01/16 - 06:01 AM]
Video: The Holidays Come Early for "Nashville" Fans as CMT Releases Trailer and Announces Plans to Sneak First Hour of Two-Hour Premiere on Thursday, December 15 at 9PM ET/PT
The season begins with Rayna and Deacon facing a new normal with Maddie now back home and Highway 65 struggling financially.

[11/28/16 - 03:05 PM]
Video: "Beaches" Is Back! Premieres January 21 at 8/7c on Lifetime
Grammy(R) and Tony(R) Award winner Idina Menzel and NAACP Image Award winner Nia Long star as lifelong best friends in this contemporary remake of Beaches.

[11/28/16 - 12:01 PM]
Video: Carla Gallo's "Daisy Wick" from "Bones" Guest-Stars on "Rosewood" in a Special Crossover Role, Airing Thursday, Dec. 1
As previously announced, "Bones" returns for its final season on Tuesday, January 3.

[11/22/16 - 11:41 AM]
Video: "Girls" Season 6 Official Tease (HBO)
The series returns for its sixth and final season on Sunday, February 12 at 10:00/9:00c.

[11/22/16 - 09:33 AM]
Video: Watch the All-New Promo for "APB," Starring Emmy Award and Golden Globe Award Nominee Justin Kirk
The newcomer launches Monday, February 6 at 9:00/8:00c on FOX.

[11/21/16 - 11:50 AM]
Video: "Crashing" - A New Comedy Series (HBO)
The show was created by and stars Pete Holmes as a standup comic who discovers that his wife is unfaithful, leading him to reevaluate his life amidst the New York City comedy scene.

[11/21/16 - 11:01 AM]
Video: Crackle Releases Holiday Special Key Art and Trailer for Emmy(R)-Nominated Series, "SuperMansion"
Jim Parsons and Gary Anthony Williams guest star in the special.

[11/21/16 - 06:35 AM]
Video: Netflix Launches Full Trailer for Original Film Barry about Barack Obama
As Obama's presidency draws to a close, experience the inspired story of where it all began with the debut of the Netflix original film Barry on December 16.

[11/18/16 - 12:34 PM]
Video: Watch First Look Scene from BBC America's "Doctor Who" Christmas Special
The special premieres on BBC America on Christmas Day, Sunday, December 25.

[11/17/16 - 11:18 AM]
Video: Showtime(R) Unveils Poster Art and New Behind the Scenes Look at Season Six of Its Emmy(R) and Golden Globe(R)-Winning Series "Homeland"
Season six returns to U.S. soil after spending the last two seasons shooting abroad in South Africa and Berlin.

[11/17/16 - 08:27 AM]
Video: At Last... Official Trailer for "Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events"
Based on the internationally best-selling series of books, the series chronicles the turbulent lives of Violet, Klaus, and Sunny Baudelaire after their parents' untimely death in a fire.