[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[09/12/14 - 03:46 PM]
Video: Willie's Views on Scottish Independence - "The Simpsons" - Animation on FOX
The milestone 26th season of the series launches Sunday, September 28 at 8:00/7:00c on FOX.

[09/12/14 - 12:07 PM]
Video: Wilson Cruz & The USC Marching Band Visit L.A. Children's Hospital - "Red Band Society"
The new drama premieres next Wednesday, September 17 on FOX.

[09/10/14 - 07:16 AM]
Video: "American Dad" Comes to TBS with All New Episodes!
Look for its first-run cable premiere Monday, October 20 at 9:00/8:00c.

[09/09/14 - 07:16 AM]
Video: MTV Debuts the Trailer for the Highly Anticipated Second Season of "Faking It" Premiering on Tuesday, September 23 at 10:30 P.M. ET/PT
Plus: MTV will premiere the first ten minutes of the hit comedy series on the MTV App on Tuesday, September 16, one week ahead of the premiere on September 23.

[09/06/14 - 07:48 PM]
Video: "Utopia's" First Five Minutes
Plus: Dan Piraro has been tapped as narrator of the series, premiering this Sunday, September 7 at 8:00/7:00c.

[09/05/14 - 11:42 AM]
Video: Season Four of MTV's Hit Comedy "Awkward" Is Back September 23 at 10:00 PM ET/PT with Even More Scandals and Shenanigans
Watch the trailer for the second half of season four from the series.

[09/05/14 - 08:03 AM]
Video: First Look at the New Season of WE tv's "Tamar & Vince"
Season three will roll out in October on the cable channel.

[08/27/14 - 04:20 PM]
Video: Jim Jefferies - Official Trailer - Only on Netflix
Filmed during the Boston run of his recent stand up tour, Netflix and Jim Jefferies go "Bare" on August 29.

[08/26/14 - 03:03 PM]
Video: Two New Teasers for "American Horror Story: Freak Show"
Get your first taste of the franchise's newest installment, premiering Wednesday, October 8 at 10:00/9:00c on FX.

[08/21/14 - 10:51 AM]
Video: "Foo Fighters: Sonic Highways" - Trailer (HBO)
The eight-part documentary series premieres Friday, October 17 at 11:00/10:00c.

[08/19/14 - 09:27 AM]
Video: Starz Releases New Trailer and Official Key Art for Half-Hour Comedy "Survivor's Remorse"
The series premieres Saturday, October 4 at 9:00/8:00c exclusively on the pay channel with a six-episode season.

[08/19/14 - 09:10 AM]
Video: First Look at VH1's New Original Movie "Drumline: A New Beat"
Alexandra Shipp stars as a brilliant drummer whose goal is to become the first female percussion section leader in the famous Atlanta A&T drumline.

[08/18/14 - 09:56 AM]
Video: "On the Run Tour: Beyonce and Jay Z" - Trailer (HBO)
The concert special premieres Saturday, September 20 at 9:00/8:00c on the network.

[08/13/14 - 05:08 PM]
Video: "iZombie" - Comic-Con 2014 Panel Highlights & Fan Q&A
Creator Rob Thomas and the cast talk about adapting "iZombie" for television.

[08/13/14 - 02:06 PM]
Video: "Arrow" - Comic-Con 2014 Panel Highlights
Stephen Amell and the cast talk season three at the "Arrow" Comic-Con Panel.