[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[10/18/18 - 09:32 AM]
Video: Trailer Debut - Netflix's "The Degenerates" Original Comedy Special Series
The series consists of six 30-minute episodes full of no-holds-barred comedy for mature audiences from the likes of rising comics Big Jay Oakerson, Joey Diaz, Liza Treyger, Yamaneika Saunders, Christina P., and Brad Williams.

[10/18/18 - 07:04 AM]
Video: We'll Start You Off with a Sample - "Narcos: Mexico" Trailer Debut
"Narcos: Mexico" will explore the origins of the modern drug war by going back to its roots, beginning at a time when the Mexican trafficking world was a loose and disorganized confederation of independent growers and dealers.

[10/17/18 - 06:32 AM]
Video: "Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj" - Studio Spot - Netflix
In a never before seen sneak peek of the weekly topical show, Minhaj treated viewers via Instagram to a hint of the show's high tech, interactive set.

[10/16/18 - 12:02 PM]
Video: Trailer Debut - "The Final Table" - A Global Cooking Competition
The Netflix series features 12 teams of two chefs from around the world cooking the national dishes of Mexico, Spain, England, Brazil, France, Japan, the U.S., India and Italy.

[10/16/18 - 08:03 AM]
Video: Featurette Debut - Inside the Bewitching World of Sabrina Spellman
The 10-episode Netflix original series premieres October 26.

[10/12/18 - 07:01 AM]
Video: Trailer & Key Art Debut - Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin Return to TV in "The Kominsky Method"
The Netflix series also features Nancy Travis, Sarah Baker and guest stars including Lisa Edelstein, Emily Osment, Graham Rogers, Danny Devito, Ann-Margret, Jay Leno, Patti LaBelle, Ashleigh LaThorpe and more.

[10/11/18 - 11:45 AM]
Video: IFC's "Baroness von Sketch Show" Season 3 Trailer Revealed
The new season premieres with two back to back episodes Thursday, November 8 at 9:00/8:00c.

[10/10/18 - 01:30 PM]
Video: USA Network Reveals First Promo and Key Art for Music Showcase Series "Real Country" Featuring Shania Twain, Jake Owen and Travis Tritt
From Wilshire Studios, the eight-part series will premiere Tuesday, November 13 at 10:00/9:00c.

[10/10/18 - 10:10 AM]
Video: YouTube Premium Debuts New Trailer for AwesomenessTV's Hit Comedy "Foursome"
The longest running YouTube Original show will launch its fourth season on Wednesday, October 24.

[10/10/18 - 09:02 AM]
Video: "Best. Worst. Weekend. Ever." - Official Trailer - Netflix
The limited series follows four friends as they make the most of their last weekend before high school.

[10/10/18 - 08:02 AM]
Video: "Haunted" - Official Trailer - Netflix
Real people, real stories, real horror: Netflix's "Haunted" arrives October 19.

[10/10/18 - 06:00 AM]
Video: Netflix Debuts Teaser Trailer & Key Art for "The Christmas Chronicles"
The holiday adventure tells the story of sister and brother, Kate (Darby Camp) and Teddy Pierce (Judah Lewis), whose Christmas Eve plan to catch Santa Claus (Kurt Russell) on camera turns into an unexpected journey that most kids could only dream about.

[10/10/18 - 12:12 AM]
Video: "The Night Comes for Us" - Official Trailer - Netflix
After sparing a girl's life during a massacre, an elite Triad assassin is targeted by an onslaught of murderous gangsters.

[10/09/18 - 09:04 AM]
Video: "Warrior" - Official Trailer - Netflix
A war veteran returns home with the hopes of peace and normalcy, but soon finds himself in a dangerous battle between a rough biker gang and the police force determined to take them down.

[10/09/18 - 07:31 AM]
Video: Trailer Debut - Netflix's "Making a Murderer" Part 2
Netflix presents the highly-anticipated second chapter of the critically acclaimed, Emmy Award-winning original documentary series.