[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[08/31/15 - 08:55 AM]
Video: "Longmire" - Season 4 - Official Trailer - Netflix
The upcoming fourth season of "Longmire" is coming on September 10 to Netflix.

[08/27/15 - 03:47 PM]
Video: VH1's "Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood" Season 2 Super Trailer
Premiering on Monday, September 7, the new cast is willing to lay it all on the line, striving to leave a permanent mark on the music industry despite sacrifices they may be forced to make.

[08/27/15 - 10:50 AM]
Video: Showtime(R) Releases the Official Trailer for the Emmy(R) Nominated Outstanding Drama Series "Homeland"
Season five will pick up two years after Carrie Mathison's (Claire Danes) ill-fated tenure as Islamabad station chief.

[08/27/15 - 08:01 AM]
Video: "Hemlock Grove" - The Final Chapter - Netflix
Savor every last drop of "Hemlock Grove's" final season, streaming exclusively on Netflix beginning October 23.

[08/25/15 - 10:32 AM]
Video: Starz Releases Inside Look Video of "Ash vs Evil Dead"
This comes on the heels of the official red-band trailer that was digitally released this weekend and features never-before-seen scenes.

[08/24/15 - 11:30 AM]
Video: "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" - Double Tap to Unwrap All-New "Detective Skills with Hitchcock and Scully" Webisodes
The new season kicks off Sunday, September 27 at 8:30/7:30c.

[08/21/15 - 02:00 PM]
Video: Watch the First Promo with Host Andy Samberg for the 67th Emmy Awards
The annual event airs live Sunday, September 20 at 8:00/7:00c on FOX.

[08/20/15 - 05:00 PM]
Video: Disney's "Descendants" Star Sofia Carson Performs Retro-Soul Version of the Movie's Hit Song "Rotten to the Core" in New Music Video
The "Rotten to the Core" musical number from the movie, now a music video on Vevo, has over 25 million views.

[08/20/15 - 08:57 AM]
Video: AMC Releases the Worldwide Exclusive of the First Three Minutes of the Highly Anticipated of "Fear the Walking Dead" on Facebook
The worldwide premiere of the highly anticipated new series is this Sunday, August 23 at 9:00/8:00c.

[08/18/15 - 01:17 PM]
Video: WGN America Unveils First Trailer for "Manhattan" Season Two
The trailer hints at the questionable motivations, duplicitous nature and high stakes secrets held by the series' main characters inside the world's most guarded city.

[08/14/15 - 08:46 AM]
Video: "Longmire" - Season 4 Teaser Trailer & Sneak Peek
The upcoming fourth season of "Longmire" is coming on September 10 to Netflix.

[08/12/15 - 05:09 PM]
Video: Trailers from USA Network's "Playing House" and "Donny!"
Check out the latest teases for USA's original comedies.

[08/11/15 - 10:23 AM]
Video: Showtime(R) Releases the Trailer for Its Powerful New Drama Series "Billions," Premiering Sunday, January 17 at 10 PM
Starring Oscar(R) nominee and Emmy(R) and Golden Globe(R) winner Paul Giamatti and Emmy and Golden Globe winner Damian Lewis, the series is a 21st-century examination of the profit and peril of chasing the American dream.

[08/10/15 - 10:55 AM]
Video: "Amy Schumer Live at the Apollo" - Announcement Tease (HBO)
Directed by Chris Rock and taped May 29 before a live audience at New York's iconic Apollo Theater, the one-hour special features Schumer talking about her life.

[08/06/15 - 05:00 PM]
Video: Watch the All-New Promo for Season Two of "Empire"
The blockbuster hit returns for its second season on Wednesday, September 23 at 9:00/8:00c.