[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[01/25/15 - 10:00 AM]
Video: Starz Releases Opening Scene from the First Episode of "Outlander's" Return
The series returns to the cable channel on Saturday, April 4 at 9:00/8:00c.

[01/23/15 - 10:46 AM]
Video: Starz Releases First Video Tease of Seth MacFarlane and Jonathan Ames' "Blunt Talk" Starring Patrick Stewart
Due this summer, the series is a live action character-driven comedy set in the competitive cable news arena and following a most eccentric TV personality and his crew.

[01/22/15 - 10:09 AM]
Video: Starz Releases Brand New "Power" Season Two Trailer
The series returns this summer with a 10-episode second season.

[01/22/15 - 09:36 AM]
Video: Crackle's Original Feature Film "Dead Rising: Watchtower" Releases First Look Trailer
Jesse Metcalfe, Meghan Ory, Virginia Madsen, Dennis Haysbert and Rob Riggle star in the project, based on the video game franchise of the same name.

[01/22/15 - 06:33 AM]
Video: Netflix Debuts "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" Trailer
All 13 episodes of the Ellie Kemper-led original will be available beginning March 6.

[01/21/15 - 10:02 AM]
Video: "The Strain" Returns This Summer on FX
Get your first taste of the show's second season.

[01/20/15 - 11:23 AM]
Video: "Game of Thrones: Day in the Life" Promo
The half-hour documentary premieres Sunday, February 8 at 7:30/6:30c on the pay channel.

[01/20/15 - 10:09 AM]
Video: AMC's "The Walking Dead" Season Five Returns Sunday, February 8
Get your latest taste of the new episodes left in the season.

[01/17/15 - 11:57 AM]
Video: Betty White's 93rd Birthday Flash Mob
Everyday on set, Betty is greeted by her assistant with a hula - today's hula dance was a very special surprise in honor of her 93rd birthday!

[01/15/15 - 03:07 PM]
Video: 2015 January NBCU Press Tour Trailers
Get your first look at USA's "Complications," Syfy's "The Expanse" and Bravo's "Odd Mom Out."

[01/11/15 - 07:34 PM]
Video: Netflix Releases "House of Cards" Season 3 Official Trailer
The new season rolls out Friday, February 27 on the digital distributor.

[01/11/15 - 01:37 PM]
Video: First Look at The CW's "iZombie" & "The Messengers"
Check out the trailers for the network's midseason dramas, due on Tuesday, March 17 and Friday, April 10, respectively.

[01/09/15 - 04:19 PM]
Video: Starz Releases All New "Outlander," "Black Sails" & "Power" Video
The pay channel has released never-before-seen assets from its upcoming slate.

[01/08/15 - 10:55 AM]
Video: Watch the Latest Promo for "The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore" - "The Nightly Show" Premieres January 19 at 11:30 p.m. after "The Daily Show"
"The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore" will air weeknights after "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart."

[12/19/14 - 06:59 AM]
Video: Watch Stephen Colbert's Epic Star-Studded Rendition of "We'll Meet Again" on the Series Finale of "The Colbert Report"
On last night's series finale of "The Colbert Report," Stephen joins his many friends in a rendition of "We'll Meet Again."