[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[08/19/14 - 09:27 AM]
Video: Starz Releases New Trailer and Official Key Art for Half-Hour Comedy "Survivor's Remorse"
The series premieres Saturday, October 4 at 9:00/8:00c exclusively on the pay channel with a six-episode season.

[08/19/14 - 09:10 AM]
Video: First Look at VH1's New Original Movie "Drumline: A New Beat"
Alexandra Shipp stars as a brilliant drummer whose goal is to become the first female percussion section leader in the famous Atlanta A&T drumline.

[08/18/14 - 09:56 AM]
Video: "On the Run Tour: Beyonce and Jay Z" - Trailer (HBO)
The concert special premieres Saturday, September 20 at 9:00/8:00c on the network.

[08/13/14 - 05:08 PM]
Video: "iZombie" - Comic-Con 2014 Panel Highlights & Fan Q&A
Creator Rob Thomas and the cast talk about adapting "iZombie" for television.

[08/13/14 - 02:06 PM]
Video: "Arrow" - Comic-Con 2014 Panel Highlights
Stephen Amell and the cast talk season three at the "Arrow" Comic-Con Panel.

[08/13/14 - 09:07 AM]
Video: Season Three of E!'s "Total Divas" Premieres Sunday, September 7th at 9PM ET/PT
During the sophomore run of the series, "Total Divas" reached over 7.7 million total viewers and 4.6 million adults 18-49.

[08/11/14 - 09:30 AM]
Video: National CineMedia (NCM) and TNT Turn Moviegoers into "Virtual Extras" On the Big Screen in New "Legends" Promotion
Utilizing green screen technology and "near real time" editing, select moviegoers were then inserted into the new Legends "trailer" as "virtual extras."

[08/11/14 - 08:46 AM]
Video: Funny Or Die Goes Behind the Scenes with TNT's New Series "Legends"
Ever wonder why Sean Bean has a tendency to die in so many of his roles?

[08/04/14 - 09:00 PM]
Video: A Seven-Minute First Look at "Star Wars Rebels" to Air on Disney XD Tonight, Monday, August 4th
Catch an exclusive sneak peek at the first seven-minutes of the upcoming Disney XD animated series.

[07/31/14 - 10:13 AM]
Video: "BoJack Horseman" - New Trailer
The Netflix series - due on Friday, August 22 - features the voices of Will Arnett, Amy Sedaris, Alison Brie, Aaron Paul, Paul F. Tompkins and Patton Oswalt.

[07/31/14 - 07:35 AM]
Video: Full Episode of IFC's New Series "Garfunkel and Oates" Available Now - Premieres August 7 at 10PM
Starting today, IFC is making a full episode of the series available online as a special sneak peek.

[07/28/14 - 12:20 PM]
Video: "Atlanta Exes" + Super Trailer + Monday, August 18th on VH1
Watch a sneak preview of the new series, featuring the once significant others of an elite list of A-list men, which has no shortage of fabulousness, ambition, love, and drama.

[07/28/14 - 06:10 AM]
Video: "Mission Blue" - Official Trailer - Exclusively on Netflix August 15
More than four years in the making, the film is legendary oceanographer Dr. Sylvia Earle's eye-opening wake-up call to save the ocean.

[07/27/14 - 09:35 AM]
Video: Watch the Video of the Cast at the "Sleepy Hollow" Fan Experience
Nicole Beharie, Tom Mison, Orlando Jones, Katia Winter and Lyndie Greenwood talk about season two at the "Sleepy Hollow" Haunted Barn.

[07/26/14 - 10:47 PM]
Video: "Constantine" Preview Trailer
This hot new trailer was unveiled on Saturday, July 26.