[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[02/27/17 - 01:30 PM]
Video: VH1's Hit Series "Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta" Supertrailer
The new season premieres Monday, March 6 at 8:00/7:00c on the cable channel.

[02/27/17 - 06:03 AM]
Video: Experience a New World - Bright Comes to Netflix This December
From the director of Suicide Squad and End of Watch, David Ayer, comes a new film starring Will Smith, Joel Edgerton and Noomi Rapace.

[02/25/17 - 07:04 AM]
Video: BBC America Releases "Doctor Who" New Companion Trailer
Peter Capaldi (the Doctor) will be joined this season by Pearl Mackie (new companion Bill) and Matt Lucas (assistant Nardole), with guest appearances from David Suchet and Michelle Gomez.

[02/24/17 - 10:04 AM]
Video: The Story of "The Handmaid's Tale"
The 10-episode first season premieres Wednesday, April 26 on Hulu.

[02/23/17 - 02:47 PM]
Video: New Trailer - Burning Sands - on Netflix March 10
The film was selected for the 2017 Sundance Film Festival US Dramatic Competition and will be available to Netflix members worldwide on Friday, March 10.

[02/23/17 - 05:07 AM]
Video: New "Top Gear" Trailer Announces New BBC America Premiere Date
Look for the new season on Sunday, March 12 at 8:00/7:00c followed by after show "Extra Gear."

[02/22/17 - 06:01 AM]
Video: Are You a Beast? Two Days Until You Find Out Who Is the... Ultimate Beastmaster
Join Sylvester Stallone, Terry Crews, Charissa Thompson and over 100 elite athletes from around the globe to find out who lives up to the hype.

[02/21/17 - 05:04 PM]
Video: "Marvel's Iron Fist" - "I Am Danny" Featurette
All 13 episodes of "Marvel's Iron Fist" will premiere exclusively on Netflix on March 17.

[02/21/17 - 10:17 AM]
Video: Nickelodeon's "The Fairly Odd Phantom" Animated Short Features Butch Hartman's Characters All Together for First Time
The original animated short features an ensemble cast of characters from the Nickelodeon animated series created by Butch Hartman: "The Fairly OddParents," "Danny Phantom," "T.U.F.F Puppy" and the brand-new "Bunsen is a Beast."

[02/14/17 - 08:45 AM]
Video: Celebrate Valentine's Day with All New Official Trailer for "Love" - Season Two Debuts March 10th on Netflix
Paul Rust and Gillian Jacobs star in the series, from executive producer Judd Apatow.

[02/13/17 - 07:39 AM]
Video: Titus Does Lemonade - Announcing "Unbreakable Kimmy Shmidt's" Season 3 Return
The acclaimed series "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" returns with a third season on Netflix around the world on Friday, May 19.

[02/10/17 - 11:04 AM]
Video: Crackle Releases First Look Clip and Key Art for Season Two of Emmy(R)-Nominated Series, "SuperMansion"
Season two premieres this Thursday, February 16 and will air new episodes weekly until the season finale on Thursday, April 20.

[02/10/17 - 09:15 AM]
Video: Showtime(R) Offers the Season Two Premiere of "Billions" for Early Sampling
Starting today, consumers who do not subscribe to Showtime can watch the season two premiere for free now on YouTube and SHO.com.

[02/08/17 - 08:17 AM]
Video: "Catastrophe" Returns Friday, April 28th with Third Season on Amazon Prime Video
Sharon Horgan and Rob Delaney are back for a new season on the streaming service.

[02/07/17 - 10:14 AM]
Video: LEGO Batman Infiltrates "The Big Bang Theory" in Syndication
The series has undergone its own LEGO transformation with an exclusive custom open and two on-air spots involving the series' cast members and LEGO Batman himself.