[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[12/19/14 - 06:59 AM]
Video: Watch Stephen Colbert's Epic Star-Studded Rendition of "We'll Meet Again" on the Series Finale of "The Colbert Report"
On last night's series finale of "The Colbert Report," Stephen joins his many friends in a rendition of "We'll Meet Again."

[12/18/14 - 10:18 AM]
Video: All-New Promo for Season Two of "Salem" Set to Return to WGN America in April
In the spot, Mercy transforms the symbol of her torment at the hands of the town's witches into a signal of the Witch War to come.

[12/17/14 - 07:54 AM]
Video: "Mud, Sweat and Gears" on BBC America - New Trailer Released
The newcomer launches Monday, January 26 at 10:00/9:00c on the cable channel.

[12/16/14 - 08:13 AM]
Video: Watch a Promo for "The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore" - "The Nightly Show" Premieres January 19 at 11:30 p.m. After "The Daily Show"
Looking for something different? Try "The Wilmore." It has extra "nightly-ness."

[12/15/14 - 10:36 AM]
Video: MTV Releases Trailer for New Scripted Thriller "Eye Candy" Starring Victoria Justice
The series, based on the best-selling novel of the same name by R.L. Stine, premieres Monday, January 12 at 10:00/9:00c.

[12/15/14 - 10:15 AM]
Video: Watch the Latest Promo for Season 2 of "Broad City," Premiering January 14 at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT
"Broad City" returns for Season 2 on January 14, and it's going to get hot.

[12/12/14 - 10:31 AM]
Video: Showtime(R) Releases First-Look Trailer for "Kobe Bryant's Muse"
Compelling and revelatory, this highly personal film captures a side of Kobe Bryant that the public has never seen before.

[12/11/14 - 06:42 AM]
Video: Check Out the High-Octane Red Band Trailer for Season 5 of "Workaholics" - Viewer Discretion Advised
Season five premieres Wednesday, January 14 at 10:00/9:00c on Comedy Central.

[12/04/14 - 07:13 AM]
Video: TV Land Releases Extended Scene from New Comedy "Younger" Featuring Sutton Foster and Hilary Duff
Plus: the series will now premiere on Tuesday, March 31 at 10:00/9:00c.

[12/03/14 - 11:08 AM]
Video: Three New Clips for "Man Seeking Woman" - Premieres Wednesday, January 14 Only on FXX
Check out the first looks at the network's new comedy series.

[12/03/14 - 09:53 AM]
Video: New Clip for "The Americans," Which Returns Wednesday, January 28 Only on FX
Check out the first tease for the show's upcoming third season.

[12/01/14 - 09:09 AM]
Video: Starz Releases Teaser for the Return of "Outlander"
The second half of season one kicks off Saturday, April 4 at 9:00/8:00c on the pay channel.

[12/01/14 - 08:00 AM]
Video: Stars of TBS's "Ground Floor" Deliver Special Holiday Greeting
Check out co-stars Skylar Astin and Briga Heelan as they sing "Baby It's Cold Outside."

[11/27/14 - 12:01 AM]
Video: Trailer of NBC's Highly Anticipated Series "A.D." from Executive Producers Roma Downey and Mark Burnett
The limited series launches Easter Sunday, April 5 on the Peacock.

[11/26/14 - 11:15 AM]
Watch a Sneak Peek at a Special Bite-Sized "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" Airing Thanksgiving, After the Football Game, on FOX
Said installment, guest starring Eva Longoria, then airs in full on Sunday, November 30 at 8:30/7:30c.