[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[10/19/17 - 02:02 PM]
Video: December 15 - "The Ranch" Part 4 Comes to Netflix and the Binge Race Begins
"The Ranch" is the third most binged-raced show on Netflix.

[10/19/17 - 08:30 AM]
Video: New Trailer - Netflix's "Jim & Andy: The Great Beyond"
The film is director Chris Smith's fascinating deep dive into actor Jim Carrey's time spent portraying famed and complicated comedian Andy Kaufman.

[10/19/17 - 07:31 AM]
Video: Netflix Releases Second Trailer for "Marvel's The Punisher" and Reveals Launch Date
The Jon Bernthal-led drama will roll out Friday, November 17 on the streaming service.

[10/19/17 - 07:03 AM]
Video: Trailer for "Jean-Claude Van Johnson" Now Available
Look for Amazon Prime Video's latest original on Friday, December 15.

[10/18/17 - 11:57 AM]
Video: Josie and the Pussycats Make a Fur-ocious Return to Season Two of "Riverdale" with a New Rendition of "Milkshake" by Kelis
As the gang gathers for "Retro Night," the Pussycats perform a rendition of the song "Milkshake" by Kelis while a packed crowd looks on.

[10/18/17 - 09:32 AM]
Video: Andy Samberg, Judy Greer and More Join "Lady Dynamite" - See the All-New Trailer for Season 2!
This season finds our precious Maria embarking on her greatest adventure ever - love.

[10/18/17 - 07:02 AM]
Video: "Bright: Ward & Jakoby" - Will Smith in Netflix's Action-Packed Feature Film "Bright"
This December, Will Smith and Joel Edgerton bring the heat (and some hardcore deadly magic) to fans across the world in the Netflix film.

[10/13/17 - 08:05 AM]
Video: "Stan Against Evil" Fans Get Lucky on Friday the 13th with Special Season 2 Pre-Premiere Episode
Episode 203, "Curse of the Werepony," is available to watch starting today.

[10/13/17 - 06:07 AM]
Video: "Stranger Things 2" Releases Second and Final Trailer
The series launches globally Friday, October 27 on Netflix.

[10/12/17 - 12:00 PM]
Video: Showtime(R) Releases the Trailer and Official Poster for "SMILF" Premiering November 5 at 10 PM ET/PT
The upcoming comedy series is created, starring and executive produced by Frankie Shaw and based on her Sundance Film Festival Jury Award-winning short film of the same name.

[10/12/17 - 08:32 AM]
Video: Peep the Official Trailer for Spike Lee's New Joint "She's Gotta Have It," A Netflix Original Series
"She's Gotta Have It" will debut globally on Netflix on Thanksgiving Day, November 23.

[10/11/17 - 11:04 AM]
Video: "Longmire" - The Final Season: Official Trailer - Netflix
"Longmire" returns for a sixth and final season November 17, only on Netflix.

[10/11/17 - 08:01 AM]
Video: "Joan Didion: The Center Will Not Hold" - Official Trailer - Netflix
Ahead of its world premiere tonight at this year's New York Film Festival, Netflix debuts the trailer and key art for the documentary.

[10/10/17 - 06:01 AM]
Video: Amazon Studios Releases "Jean-Claude Van Johnson" Teaser Video
"Jean-Claude Van Johnson" is coming soon, streaming exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.

[10/09/17 - 09:02 AM]
Video: Trailer Debut - Frank Grillo Is One Badass "Wheelman" in the New Film Launching October 20
Frank Grillo stars as the wheelman, a getaway driver thrust into a high stakes race-to-survive after a bank robbery goes terribly wrong.