[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[06/24/16 - 11:23 AM]
Video: HBO's "High Maintenance" Tease & Photo - Debuts this Fall
The half-hour comedy series follows a Brooklyn pot dealer who delivers to clients with neuroses as diverse as the city.

[06/23/16 - 04:50 PM]
Video: Watch Now - The Full Series Premiere of "Any Given Wednesday with Bill Simmons"
The pay channel has released the entire debut episode online.

[06/23/16 - 11:32 AM]
Video: "Difficult People" Season 2 Trailer
In season two, Julie and Billy continue to search for fame, to diminishing returns.

[06/22/16 - 10:12 AM]
Video: HBO's "Divorce" - Tease & New Photo
Thomas Haden Church and Sarah Jessica Parker star in the new series, due this fall.

[06/21/16 - 10:17 AM]
Video: "The Strain" Season 3 Official Trailer
As previously announced, the new season premieres Sunday, August 28 on FX.

[06/20/16 - 11:30 AM]
Video: "Looking: The Movie" - Trailer (HBO)
As previously announced, said finale premieres Saturday, July 23 on the pay channel.

[06/20/16 - 10:13 AM]
Video: Showtime(R) Offers the Season Four Premiere of "Ray Donovan" for Early Sampling
The pay channel is giving viewers a chance to sample the season four premiere of its hit drama series ahead of its linear premiere on Sunday, June 26.

[06/18/16 - 07:12 AM]
Video: Science Channel to Provide Sneak Peek of All-New Series "How to Build... Everything" to On Demand, Digital, and Social Media Outlets on June 18
The sneak peek of the premiere episode "Cruise Ship Secrets" will be available via ScienceChannel.com, DiscoveryGO.com, Facebook, YouTube and Science Channel TVE.

[06/16/16 - 02:21 PM]
Video: IFC Releases First Clip from Season 2 of "Documentary Now!" Starring Fred Armisen and Bill Hader
The series is returning to the network this September with seven new documentary-inspired episodes.

[06/16/16 - 09:03 AM]
Video: Netflix Releases "Marco Polo" Bridge Feature - "The Saga Continues"
"Marco Polo" season 2 will launch globally on Netflix on July 1.

[06/16/16 - 08:31 AM]
Video: Netflix Releases "Tony Robbins: I Am Not Your Guru" Trailer
The documentary, a rarely seen glimpse into Tony Robbins's annual Date with Destiny, will launch globally Friday, July 15 on Netflix.

[06/15/16 - 10:25 AM]
Video: HBO's "Vice Principals" - Trailer & Key Art
Created by Danny McBride and Jody Hill, this dark comedy series tells the story of a high school and the two people who almost run it, the vice principals.

[06/14/16 - 10:01 AM]
Video: TNT's "Animal Kingdom" Table Read
Check out the origins of tonight's premiere on the cable channel.

[06/13/16 - 11:30 AM]
Video: Crackle Releases First Promo of "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee Without Comedians or Coffee, Just Cars"
In the first promo, themed "American Cars," actress Sarah Jessica Parker rides around New York City with Seinfeld in a 1976 Ford Country Squire.

[06/13/16 - 11:04 AM]
Video: Showtime Samples the Series Premiere of "Roadies" Early
Consumers who do not subscribe to Showtime are now able to sample the TV-14 rated version of the series premiere for free on YouTube, Facebook and SHO.com.