[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[05/21/15 - 01:01 PM]
Video: Watch Your Pack! MTV's "Teen Wolf" Season Five Trailer Has Arrived!
Look for the special two night premiere on Monday, June 29 and Tuesday, June 30.

[05/19/15 - 02:02 PM]
Video: Watch the First Full-Length Trailer of "Scream Queens" Premiering This September on FOX
Get an extended look at the network's new anthology horror series.

[05/14/15 - 01:38 PM]
Video: "True Detective" Season 2: Trailer (HBO)
The new season will debut on Sunday, June 21 at 9:00/8:00c.

[05/14/15 - 01:24 PM]
Video: Adult Swim's "Rick and Morty" Invade "The Simpsons!"
Taking over the famous Simpsons "Couch Gag", Rick and Morty will bring their multi-dimensional insanity to the home of iconic characters Marge, Homer, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie.

[05/14/15 - 10:00 AM]
Video: First Look at The CW's New Series for 2015-16
Watch the trailers for new dramas "Containment," "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend" and "DC's Legends of Tomorrow."

[05/13/15 - 02:30 PM]
Video: First Look at the New Fall Series on CBS
Get an early taste of "Angel from Hell," "Code Black," "Life in Pieces," "Limitless" and "Supergirl."

[05/13/15 - 06:34 AM]
Video: "Between" - Official Trailer - Netflix
The six episode, one-hour drama will be available for streaming on Netflix on Thursday, May 21 at 8:30pm PT, followed by every Thursday at 8:30pm PT.

[05/12/15 - 02:56 PM]
Video: AMC Releases the Final "Mad Men" Promo, "Times of Your Life," In Celebration of the End of the Iconic Series
The show's swan song airs this Sunday, May 17 at 10:00/9:00c on the cable channel.

[05/12/15 - 10:00 AM]
Video: Official Trailers for ABC's New 2015-16 Series
Get your first look at the network's new series for next season.

[05/12/15 - 09:18 AM]
Video: "Ink Master" Season 6 Meet the Contestants
As previously announced, the series returns for a sixth season starting Tuesday, June 23 at 10:00/9:00c.

[05/11/15 - 02:31 PM]
Video: Official Trailers & Inside Looks for FOX's New Series
Get your first taste of "Bordertown," "Grandfathered, "Lucifer," "Minority Report," "Rosewood," "The Frankenstein Code" and "The Grinder."

[05/11/15 - 01:27 PM]
Video: History's "Texas Rising" Sneak Peek Trailer
The ensemble cast includes Bill Paxton, Ray Liotta, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Olivier Martinez, Kris Kristofferson and more!

[05/11/15 - 10:45 AM]
Video: MTV Invites You to a Killer Party This Summer
The network is paying homage to the highly anticipated TV series, "Scream" which premieres Tuesday, June 30 at 10:00/9:00c.

[05/11/15 - 07:05 AM]
Video: "Orange Is the New Black" - Series Trailer
Get an extended look at the new season, premiering June 12 on the streaming service.

[05/10/15 - 09:01 AM]
Video: NBC's Fall Trailers for "Blindspot," "Heartbreaker," "People Are Talking" & "The Player"
Get your first look at the Peacock's first wave of new series for next season.