[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[04/13/18 - 09:36 AM]
Video: Showtime Releases New Poster and Video for Season Two of "I'm Dying Up Here"
The fictional drama series explores L.A.'s famed '70s stand-up comedy scene, with an ensemble cast led by Academy Award(R) winner Melissa Leo and Ari Graynor.

[04/12/18 - 02:28 PM]
Video: Showtime Debuts Official Trailer for Highly-Anticipated Documentary Series "The Fourth Estate"
Examining the inner workings of The New York Times during President Donald J. Trump's first year in office, the four-episode docu-series will be available across Showtime platforms including On Demand and streaming on Sunday, May 27.

[04/12/18 - 10:00 AM]
Video: She's Back! Get Your First Look at Kristin Cavallari's New Show "Very Cavallari" Coming to E! This Summer
This season on "Very Cavallari," Kristin is making Nashville the headquarters of her rapidly expanding fashion and lifestyle brand, Uncommon James.

[04/12/18 - 09:31 AM]
Video: "The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle" - Official Trailer - Amazon Kids
The world-famous talking moose and flying squirrel are back in the all-new series, due May 11 on Prime Video.

[04/12/18 - 08:00 AM]
Video: The Robinsons Reveal What It Takes to Venture Into Space - Netflix's "Lost in Space" Launches April 13
Mina Sundwall (Penny Robinson), Molly Parker (Maureen Robinson), Taylor Russell (Judy Robinson) and Parker Posey (Dr. Smith) reveal why anything is possible for their characters.

[04/11/18 - 10:01 AM]
Video: "Picnic at Hanging Rock" - Official Trailer - Prime Video
"Picnic at Hanging Rock" is based on the timeless Australian novel by Joan Lindsay and starring Natalie Dormer, with all six episodes of the mini-series available to stream on May 25.

[04/11/18 - 07:33 AM]
Video: Trailer - "Bobby Kennedy for President" - Launches on Netflix April 27
The eye-opening and transformative four-part documentary series Bobby Kennedy for President utilizes rare and never-before-seen archival footage to transport us to a turbulent and dynamic era, letting Bobby's voice and viewpoint be the guiding force.

[04/10/18 - 06:05 AM]
Video: Trailer Debut - "End Game" - Launches May 4 on Netflix
The documentary short was an Official Selection of the 2018 Sundance Film Festival and San Francisco International Film Festival.

[04/09/18 - 10:38 AM]
Video: These Women Are Out of This World - Meet the "Mercury 13"
The Netflix documentary is a remarkable story of the women who were tested for spaceflight in 1961 before their dreams were dashed in being the first to make the trip beyond Earth.

[04/06/18 - 09:01 AM]
Video: Showtime Debuts Poster Art and New Tease for "Patrick Melrose"
Based on the acclaimed Patrick Melrose series of semi-autobiographical novels written by Edward St. Aubyn, the series will premiere on Saturday, May 12 at 9:00/8:00c.

[04/04/18 - 09:01 AM]
Video: Showtime(R) Releases Poster Art and New Teaser for Season Four of "The Affair"
The series, starring Golden Globe nominee Dominic West, Golden Globe winner Ruth Wilson, Emmy(R) Award nominee and Golden Globe winner Maura Tierney and Screen Actors Guild Award(R) nominee Joshua Jackson, will premiere on Sunday, June 17.

[04/03/18 - 08:01 AM]
Video: "Cargo" - Official Trailer Released - Starring Martin Freeman - Premieres on Netflix May 18th
Stranded in rural Australia in the aftermath of a violent pandemic, an infected father desperately seeks a new home for his infant child, and a means to protect her from his own changing nature.

[04/02/18 - 12:52 PM]
Video: "Seth Rogen's Hilarity for Charity" - Trailer Debut
The comedy special debuts this Friday, April 6 on Netflix.

[03/29/18 - 08:11 AM]
Video: "Westworld" Season 2 - Official Trailer - HBO
The series returns for its sophomore run on Sunday, April 22 at 9:00/8:00c.

[03/28/18 - 10:14 AM]
Video: "The Handmaid's Tale" Season 2 Trailer
The first two episodes of the 13-episode season launch on Wednesday, April 25.