[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[01/14/17 - 04:50 PM]
Video: First Full Trailer for IFC's "Brockmire" Starring Hank Azaria and Amanda Peet
The network's newest original comedy premieres Wednesday, April 5 at 10:00/9:00c.

[01/13/17 - 02:02 PM]
Video: Showtime(R) Reveals a Glimpse at FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper in "Twin Peaks"
Directed entirely by David Lynch, the new 18-part limited event series picks up 25 years after the inhabitants of a quaint northwestern town were stunned when their homecoming queen Laura Palmer was shockingly murdered.

[01/13/17 - 12:02 PM]
Video: National Geographic Releases Sneak Peek at Network's First Scripted Anthology Series, "Genius"
The first episode will be directed by Imagine's Ron Howard, his first time directing a scripted prime-time drama.

[01/13/17 - 12:01 PM]
Video: National Geographic and Katie Couric Release First Look at Groundbreaking Documentary, "Gender Revolution: A Journey with Katie Couric"
Couric's unflinching search for truth sheds light on countless untold stories of struggle, understanding, ignorance, hurt and love.

[01/11/17 - 06:13 PM]
Video: Watch an All-New Sneak Peek at FOX's "Making History" That Just Debuted at TCA
The new comedy premieres Sunday, March 5 at 8:30/7:30c on the network.

[01/11/17 - 04:48 PM]
Video: Watch a Special Look Back at "Bones," Which Just Debuted at TCA
The show's final episodes continue Tuesday nights at 9:00/8:0c.

[01/11/17 - 03:08 PM]
Video: Watch An All-New Sneak Peek at FOX's "APB" That Just Debuted at TCA
The newcomer debuts Monday, February 6 at 9:00/8:00c.

[01/11/17 - 02:31 PM]
Video: Watch an All-New Sneak Peek at FOX's "Prison Break" That Just Debuted at TCA
The series returns Tuesday, April 4 at 9:00/8:00c.

[01/11/17 - 01:46 PM]
Video: Watch an All-New Sneak Peek at FOX's "Shots Fired" That Just Debuted at TCA
The event series launches Wednesday, March 22 at 8:00/7:00c.

[01/11/17 - 10:36 AM]
Video: Watch an All-New Sneak Peek at FOX's "24: Legacy" That Just Debuted at TCA
The two-night premiere event begins Sunday, February 5.

[01/09/17 - 05:19 PM]
Video: Write the Final Chapter - "Girls" Season 6 Official Trailer (HBO)
Created by and starring Lena Dunham, the Emmy(R)-winning comedy series is a comic look at the assorted humiliations and rare triumphs of a group of girls in their 20s.

[01/09/17 - 09:41 AM]
Video: CBS All Access Debuts First Trailer for "The Good Fight"
In the new series, an enormous financial scam has destroyed the reputation of a young lawyer, Maia Rindell, while simultaneously wiping out her mentor and godmother Diane Lockhart's savings.

[01/09/17 - 08:01 AM]
Video: New "Endorsement" for the Santa Clarita Diet from Timothy Olyphant ("Joel Hammond")
"Santa Clarita Diet" premieres only on Netflix, worldwide, on February 3.

[12/25/16 - 11:21 AM]
Video: New BBCA's "Doctor Who" First Look Trailer Released
See what's in store for the Doctor (Peter Capaldi) and Bill (new companion played by Pearl Mackie) in 2017!

[12/22/16 - 10:03 AM]
Video: New Promo for The CW's "Riverdale"!
Check out this new promo for The CW's drama, premiering Thursday, January 26.