[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[03/22/19 - 10:04 AM]
Video: Netflix Debuts Trailer & Key Art for Brie Larson's Directorial Debut: "Unicorn Store"
Samuel L. Jackson, Joan Cusack and Bradley Whitford also star in the film, due on Friday, April 5.

[03/22/19 - 08:35 AM]
Video: Sundance Now's "Riviera" Returns June 20 - Official Season 2 Trailer
Behind every great fortune is a great crime, and the second season sees Georgina (Julia Stiles) focused on trying to get away with murder as she fights to retain power within the Clios household and her position at the top of the elusive art world.

[03/22/19 - 08:06 AM]
Video: Showtime(R) Releases First Look at Its New Sports Gambling Docu-Series "Action"
The series premieres this Sunday, March 24 at 8:00/7:00c on the pay channel.

[03/21/19 - 09:28 AM]
Video: EPIX's "Godfather of Harlem" - First Tease Released
Forest Whitaker, Vincent D'Onofrio, Giancarlo Esposito, Paul Sorvino, Nigel Thatch, and Ilfenesh Hadera star in the series, due this fall.

[03/20/19 - 05:35 PM]
Video: FOX Entertainment Celebrates Its New Chapter with Exclusive Trailer
The 90-second spot will debut tonight on the network.

[03/20/19 - 05:00 AM]
Video: Trailer Debut - "Stranger Things 3"
"Stranger Things 3" premieres globally on July 4, only on Netflix.

[03/19/19 - 07:49 AM]
Video: Super Trailer - VH1's "Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta"
The series returns Monday, March 25 at 8:00/7:00c with back-to-back episodes.

[03/19/19 - 05:00 AM]
Video: Netflix Debuts Extended Trailer for "Our Planet"
The eight-part series features never-before-seen footage of wildlife and their habitats - while also revealing why the natural world matters to us all and what steps must be taken to preserve it.

[03/18/19 - 10:05 AM]
Video: "Black Summer" Season 1 - Official Trailer - Netflix
Set in the dark, early days of a zombie apocalypse, the series stars Jaime King as Rose, a mother torn from her daughter who embarks upon a harrowing journey to find her.

[03/18/19 - 07:30 AM]
Video: The Witch Is Back - The "Chilling Adventures of Sabrina" Part 2 Trailer Is Here
The series re-imagines the origin and adventures of Sabrina the Teenage Witch as a dark coming-of-age story that traffics in horror, the occult and, of course, witchcraft.

[03/15/19 - 11:32 AM]
Video: Showtime(R) Releases the Official Trailer and Key Art for "Action"
Directed by Luke Korem, the four-part series explores the legalization of sports gambling and its evolving impact on the industry following the landmark 2018 Supreme Court decision to lift a ban on sports betting.

[03/15/19 - 09:02 AM]
Video: "The Legend of Cocaine Island" - Official Trailer - Netflix
The documentary premieres Friday, March 29 on the streaming service.

[03/14/19 - 01:01 PM]
Video: "Absentia" Season 2 - Official Teaser - Prime Video
The Stana Katic-led drama returns with new episodes on Friday, June 14.

[03/14/19 - 09:00 AM]
Video: First Look - Tiffany Haddish & Ali Wong Star in Netflix's "Tuca & Bertie"
The animated series, premiering May 3, is about the friendship between two 30-year-old bird women who live in the same apartment building.

[03/12/19 - 08:05 AM]
Video: Trailer - "You Me Her" Returns to AT&T Audience Network April 9
Co-stars Greg Poehler, Rachel Blanchard and Priscilla Faia are back for 10 new episodes.