[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[07/23/16 - 01:55 PM]
Video: "Lucifer" Comic-Con(R) 2016 Highlight Reel & Season 2 First Look
The highlight reel includes a sneak peek at some hot new, never-before-seen footage from Season 2.

[07/23/16 - 01:45 PM]
Video: Watch New Footage from the Upcoming Season of "Family Guy" That Just Screened at San Diego Comic-Con
Season 14 premieres Sunday, September 25 at 9:00/8:00c on FOX.

[07/23/16 - 01:08 PM]
Video: Nickelodeon World Premieres "Legends of the Hidden Temple" Trailer at San Diego Comic-Con 2016
The TV movie follows three siblings who break away from a lackluster tour in a jungle, finding themselves immersed in a high-stakes adventure comprised of obstacles that they must complete in order to escape alive.

[07/22/16 - 07:12 PM]
Video: "iZOMBIE" Season 2 Highlight Reel Comic-Con(R) 2016
Cast and producers returned to San Diego for the third year in a row to give fans a taste of what is to come in the upcoming season.

[07/22/16 - 06:49 PM]
Video: "Vikings" - Season 4 Returns Comic-Con Full Trailer
Check out the full length trailer from this year's Sand Diego Comic-Con for the return of Season 4.

[07/22/16 - 04:18 PM]
Video: Starz Releases First Live Action Trailer for "American Gods"
Also, making a very special appearance was Kristin Chenoweth who graced the stage as it was announced she will star in the role of Easter.

[07/22/16 - 03:45 PM]
Video: Watch Highlights from Thursday's "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" Panel
"Let's Do the Time Warp Again" premieres Thursday, October 20 on FOX.

[07/22/16 - 03:40 PM]
Video: Everyone Is Singing After "Steven Universe" Musical Performance at San Diego Comic-Con
Fans were also treated to an exclusive sneak peek at a brand new episode "Beach City Drift."

[07/22/16 - 01:32 PM]
Video: "The 100" Season 3 Highlight Reel Comic-Con(R) 2016
The sizzle included an all-new voice over by series star Eliza Taylor teasing what fans can expect from the upcoming fourth season.

[07/22/16 - 12:45 PM]
Video: Watch the All-New Promo for "Son of Zorn"
Cheryl Hines, Johnny Pemberton and Tim Meadows co-star in the new FOX comedy.

[07/22/16 - 06:11 AM]
Video: "Graves" - EPIX 1st Look
Get your first look at the Nick Nolte-led series, due this fall on the pay channel.

[07/21/16 - 05:51 PM]
Video: "The Man in the High Castle" Season 2 - Official Teaser
Get an exclusive first look at the new season of the Emmy nominated Amazon Original Series.

[07/21/16 - 05:11 PM]
Video: "Justice League Action" Comic-Con(R) 2016 Highlight Reel
Producers gave Comic-Con 2016 attendees a first look at the highly anticipated Warner Bros. Animation series coming soon to Cartoon Network.

[07/21/16 - 04:42 PM]
Video: TNT Unveils "The Last Ship" Trailer and Sneak Preview Clip During Comic-Con International
The panel session featured The Last Ship stars Eric Dane, Adam Baldwin and Bridget Regan, along with showrunner Steven Kane.

[07/21/16 - 04:32 PM]
Video: FX Comic-Con Exclusive - Season 3 of "The Strain" - Vamps Boom Music Video
Kevin Durand, David Bradley and Miguel Gomez sting you with their hook.