[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[04/28/17 - 02:00 PM]
Video: Watch a Behind-the-Scenes First Look at FOX's New Dating Show, "Love Connection," Hosted by Andy Cohen
The unscripted series will now premiere at 9:00/8:00c on Thursday, May 25 following "Beat Shazam."

[04/27/17 - 09:36 AM]
Video: Official Teaser for Seeso Original "There's... Johnny!"
It's 1972, and everyone goes to bed together... with Johnny Carson, TV's biggest star.

[04/27/17 - 07:03 AM]
Video: Okja - A Message from Lucy Mirando - June 28
Lucy Mirando and the Super Pig Project are featured in the upcoming Netflix original film Okja.

[04/26/17 - 10:13 AM]
Video: Watch the New Trailer from TNT's "American Race" with Host Charles Barkley
TNT's "American Race" will air over two nights - Thursday, May 11, and Friday, May 12 - with two episodes each night at 9 and 10 p.m. (ET/PT).

[04/26/17 - 09:02 AM]
Video: "Dear White People" - Featurette: Stay Woke - Netflix
"Dear White People" is a send-up of the now post "post-racial" America that weaves together a universal story of finding one's own identity and forging a wholly unique path.

[04/24/17 - 08:04 AM]
Video: Relive "Bloodline's" Most Memorable Moments in All-New, Must-Watch Recap Featurette Ahead of Final Season
"Bloodline's" third and final season launches Friday, May 26, everywhere Netflix is available.

[04/19/17 - 01:05 PM]
Video: Freeform Releases First-Look Trailer for Upcoming Drama Series "The Bold Type" Produced by Joanna Coles
"The Bold Type" will have a special two-hour premiere on Tuesday, July 11 at 9:00/8:00c.

[04/19/17 - 01:03 PM]
Video: Freeform Releases First Trailer and Photo from Upcoming Marvel Television Series "Marvel's Cloak & Dagger"
The network has ordered 10 one-hour episodes slated to debut early 2018.

[04/19/17 - 01:02 PM]
Video: Freeform Releases First Trailer for New Comedy Series "Alone Together" from The Lonely Island
"Alone Together" is a half-hour, single-camera comedy starring Esther Povitsky and Benji Aflalo.

[04/19/17 - 09:36 AM]
Video: Fudge Yeah! Kimmy's Back in the Official Trailer for "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" Season 3!
All 13 half-hour episodes of "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" Season 3 will launch globally on Friday, May 19.

[04/19/17 - 08:24 AM]
Video: Netflix Releases Trailer for "The Keepers"
The seven-part docu-series details the unsolved murder of a nun and the horrific secrets and pain that linger nearly five decades after her death.

[04/19/17 - 08:16 AM]
Video: What Is a Girlboss? - "Girlboss" Premieres on Netflix Friday, April 21
Britt Robertson, Sophia Amoruso and Kay Cannon from the upcoming comedy series dish on what is a Girlboss in this all-new video.

[04/18/17 - 08:30 AM]
Video: Don't Miss the Fun on the Premiere of "The F Word with Gordon Ramsay," Wednesday, May 31, on FOX
Based on his hit U.K. series of the same name, each distinctive and fast-paced hour will combine good food and good cooking with Ramsay's passion, energy and humor into a one-of-a-kind live series.

[04/17/17 - 05:04 AM]
Video: Starz's "Outlander" Season Three Teaser Trailer Released
Book Three is set to premiere in September 2017 and will include 13 episodes based upon the third of eight books in Diana Gabaldon's international best-selling Outlander series.

[04/15/17 - 09:30 AM]
Video: Teaser Trailer for Final Season of Disney XD's "Star Wars Rebels" Promises Big Surprises Ahead
Promising an action-packed storyline that left fans eager for more, executive producer Dave Filoni delivered news of the show's must-see conclusion alongside the voice cast of the entire Ghost crew.