[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[08/15/18 - 09:02 AM]
Video: "Follow This" - From BuzzFeed and Netflix - Official Trailer
The new 15-minute documentary series, premiering August 23, covers tech, culture, politics, and social media.

[08/15/18 - 06:32 AM]
Video: See the New Trailer for "The Angel," Netflix's Spy Thriller from Director Ariel Vromen
Marwan Kenzari, Toby Kebbell, Hannah Ware, Waleed Farouq Zuaiter, Maisa Abd Elhadi, Sasson Gabay, Miki Leon, Ori Pfeffer and Slimane Daz star in the film.

[08/14/18 - 02:02 PM]
Video: Trailer & Key Art Debut - "Next Gen" Starring Constance Wu, Charlyne Yi, and John Krasinski
Netflix's animated film tells the story of an unlikely friendship between a rebellious girl and a runaway combat robot, as they unite to stop a madman's plan for technological world domination.

[08/14/18 - 09:31 AM]
Video: Amazon Prime Video Releases New Teaser Trailer for Highly-Anticipated Anthology Series, "The Romanoffs," From Nine-Time Emmy Winner Matthew Weiner
The highly anticipated original contemporary anthology series is set to premiere on Amazon Prime Video Friday, October 12 with new episodes released weekly, on Fridays.

[08/13/18 - 10:00 AM]
Video: CBS All Access Reveals Official Trailer for "One Dollar"
The series is a mystery set in a small rust belt town in post-recession America, where a one-dollar bill changing hands connects a group of characters involved in a shocking multiple murder.

[08/13/18 - 08:16 AM]
Video: Netflix Trailer Debut - "City of Joy"
The original documentary will launch globally on Netflix on September 7.

[08/09/18 - 01:16 PM]
Video: Get Happy for a Sneak Peek of Season Two of "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel"
The second season of "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" will premiere later this year exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.

[08/09/18 - 09:01 AM]
Video: "Magic for Humans" - Official Trailer - Netflix
From baffling people on the street to orchestrating elaborate tricks, Justin Willman blends good-natured magic with grown-up laughs.

[08/09/18 - 08:01 AM]
Video: "Stay Here" - Official Trailer - Netflix
Designer Genevieve Gorder and real estate expert Peter Lorimer show property owners how to turn their short-term rentals into moneymaking showstoppers.

[08/09/18 - 08:01 AM]
Video: First Official Trailer - "The Kindergarten Teacher," The New Netflix Film by Sara Colangelo Starring Maggie Gyllenhaal
Lisa Spinelli (Maggie Gyllenhaal) is a kindergarten teacher in Staten Island who yearns to live a life of art and intellectualism.

[08/08/18 - 07:43 AM]
Video: Trailer Debut - Netflix's "The Innocents" - Everything Changes on August 24
When teenagers Harry and June run away from their repressive families to be together, they're derailed by an extraordinary discovery - June's ability to shape-shift.

[08/07/18 - 08:03 AM]
Video: Trailer Debut - "Zion", A Netflix Original Documentary Short
The film is a gripping portrait of Zion Clark, a young wrestler born without legs who grew up in foster care.

[08/06/18 - 05:06 PM]
Video: Showtime(R) Announces Fall Premiere Dates and Releases New Trailers for Its Hit Drama Series "Ray Donovan" and New Limited Series "Escape at Dannemora"
Look for the dramas on Sunday, October 28 and Sunday, November 18, respectively.

[08/06/18 - 05:04 PM]
Video: Showtime(R) Releases Official Posters and Trailer for Its New Comedy Series "Kidding," Starring Jim Carrey
The series centers on Jeff, aka Mr. Pickles (Carrey), an icon of children's television and a beacon of kindness and wisdom to America's impressionable young minds and the parents who grew up with him.

[08/06/18 - 07:31 AM]
Video: Trailer for Netflix Film "The After Party" - Starring Kyle Harvey, Shelley Hennig, Teyana Taylor, Wiz Khalifa, French Montana, DJ Khaled and More
When an aspiring rapper goes viral for all the wrong reasons, he thinks his career is over.