[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[03/26/15 - 07:06 AM]
Video: Check Out a Sneak Peek of Hilary Duff's New Single "Sparks" in a Trailer for Her Upcoming Series "Younger"
"Sparks" will be available at all digital service providers on April 7.

[03/25/15 - 09:04 AM]
Video: BBC America Trailer Reveals a Closer Look at Orphan Black's "Project Castor"
The network released today a trailer that reveals a closer look at the militaristic, identical-male clones that will wreak havoc on the sisterhood.

[03/23/15 - 07:30 AM]
Video: BBC America Releases First-Look Scene from "Orphan Black"
"The Weight of this Combination" kicks off the new season, premiering Saturday, April 18.

[03/19/15 - 12:23 PM]
Video: WGN America Unleashes Full Season Trailer for "Salem: Season Two" Returning Sunday, April 5 at 10pm ET / 9pm CT
In the series, witches are real - but they are not who or what they seem, and the stakes have never been higher in the struggle for the throne.

[03/17/15 - 02:21 PM]
Video: TV Land Releases New Behind-the-Scenes Featurette from Upcoming Darren Star Series "Younger"
Guest stars this season include Jane Krakowski, Ana Gasteyer and Martha Plimpton.

[03/16/15 - 06:16 PM]
Video: "The Flash" and "Arrow" Trailers from PaleyFest LA 2015
Check out the sizzle reels that premiered this past weekend.

[03/13/15 - 06:45 PM]
Video: Check Out the All-New "Scream Queens" Teaser, Featuring Emma Roberts
Plus: FOX details the latest cast additions to the project, from co-creators Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk and Ian Brennan.

[03/13/15 - 12:34 PM]
Video: "Bessie" - Tease (HBO Films)
The Queen Latifah-led film airs Saturday, May 16 at 8:00/7:00c on the pay channel.

[03/12/15 - 12:52 PM]
Video: "Sin City Saints" - Official Trailer
Watch the entire season on Yahoo Screen starting March 23.

[03/11/15 - 07:02 AM]
Video: Netflix Releases First "Bloodline" Featurette - "The Rayburns"
All 13 episodes of the new original series will launch only on Netflix on Friday, March 20, and be available in 4K.

[03/10/15 - 07:31 AM]
Video: "Marvel's Daredevil" - Trailer 2
Matt Murdock and Wilson Fisk outline their plans for the city in a new trailer for "Marvel's Daredevil," only on Netflix April 10!

[03/09/15 - 11:34 AM]
Video: "Game of Thrones" - New Season 5 Trailer
The second trailer for season 5 is now available via Apple Trailers.

[03/09/15 - 10:25 AM]
Video: MTV Unveils the Trailer for the Second Season of the Critically Acclaimed Drama "Finding Carter" Premiering on Tuesday, March 31 at 10:00 P.M. ET/PT
Viewers will also see fan favorite "Max" played by Alex Saxon back for good as he joins the cast this season as a series regular.

[03/06/15 - 05:24 PM]
Video: New Clips for "Louie" - Season Five Premieres Thursday, April 9 Only on FX
The cable channel releases the first three teases for the new season.

[03/02/15 - 01:04 PM]
Video: WGN America Releases the First Haunting Trailer for Highly-Anticipated Second Season of "Salem" Returning April 5th at 10 PM ET/9C
The haunting trailer features a first look at new recurring guest stars Lucy Lawless and Stuart Townsend who have joined the series for season two.