[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[08/26/16 - 02:11 PM]
Video: Watch the All-New Promo from the Explosive Season Three Premiere of "Empire!"
The drama returns in Season Three, as the battle continues for the Soul of Empire.

[08/26/16 - 08:19 AM]
Video: Hip Hop Rules Thursday Nights This October on WE tv
Get your first look at the new season of "Growing Up Hip Hop" plus the new series "Money Power Respect."

[08/25/16 - 11:01 AM]
Video: IFC Releases First Full Trailer for the "Season 51" Return of Emmy-Nominated "Documentary Now!"
As previously announced, the series returns Wednesday September 14 at 10:00/9:00c.

[08/24/16 - 10:39 AM]
Video: Discovery Releases First Teaser for "Taking Fire"
The five-part series will now premiere Tuesday, September 13 at 10:00/9:00c.

[08/24/16 - 09:30 AM]
Video: New Teaser and World Premiere Time Revealed for BBC America's "Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency"
In addition, the network has announced a series of programming stunts, including an original "Star Trek" anniversary celebration, to premiere in the build up to the new series launch.

[08/23/16 - 07:44 AM]
Video: Netflix Releases Brand New Trailer & Key Art for "Narcos" Season Two
All 10 episodes of Season Two will launch Friday September 2, exclusively on Netflix.

[08/22/16 - 07:32 AM]
Video: Netflix Releases "Audrie & Daisy" Trailer
The film is an urgent real-life drama that examines the ripple effects on families, friends, schools and communities when two underage young women find that sexual crimes against them have been caught on camera.

[08/19/16 - 03:00 PM]
Video: First "Hairspray Live!" Promo Released
"Hairspray Live!" features an all-star cast that includes Harvey Fierstein, Jennifer Hudson, Ariana Grande, Kristin Chenoweth, Martin Short, Derek Hough, Dove Cameron, Garrett Clayton and more!

[08/18/16 - 11:11 AM]
Video: Life - "You're the Worst" Season 3 Official Trailer
The new season rolls out Wednesday, August 31 on FXX.

[08/17/16 - 11:21 AM]
Video: "Drunk History" Season 4 Trailer - "The History They Never Taught You"
Booze, puking, nudity - "Drunk History" is back September 27 with more soused lessons on the past.

[08/15/16 - 11:04 AM]
Video: Crackle Releases a "First-Look" of Its New Scripted Original Series, "StartUp," Premiering on Tuesday, September 6th
The series is set amongst the unconstrained, yet opportunistic streets of Miami and weaves a complex and exciting narrative, focusing on the high-stakes struggle of what one will do to reach ultimate success.

[08/12/16 - 01:46 PM]
Video: Manager - "Atlanta" Season 1 Official Trailer
The newcomer launches Tuesday, September 6 on FX.

[08/12/16 - 10:40 AM]
Video: The Mist - "American Horror Story" Season 6 Promo
Look for the new season beginning Wednesday, September 14 on FX.

[08/11/16 - 10:46 AM]
Video: "High Maintenance" Trailer & Key Art - HBO
Providing a glimpse into the homes and routines of eccentric New Yorkers, the comedy series explores the private lives of these unique individuals through a common thread: their weed deliveryman.

[08/09/16 - 06:31 AM]
Video: Netflix Releases the Trailer for "Marvel's Luke Cage"
After a sabotaged experiment leaves him with super strength and unbreakable skin, Luke Cage (Mike Colter) becomes a fugitive trying to rebuild his life in modern day Harlem, New York City.