[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[02/16/18 - 12:00 PM]
Video: TBS Reveals First Trailer for "The Last O.G."
The series centers on Tray (Tracy Morgan), an ex-con shocked to see just how much the world has changed when he is released from prison for on good behavior after a 15-year stint.

[02/15/18 - 11:03 AM]
Video: Powerful New "Sneaky Pete" Trailer
The critically-acclaimed Prime Original, a co-production with Sony Pictures Television Studios, revolves around a con man, Marius (Giovanni Ribisi) who left prison only to find himself hunted by the vicious gangster he once robbed.

[02/14/18 - 09:30 AM]
Video: Finding Love Is Hard, Streaming It Is Easy - Netflix's "Love" Trailer Is Here
The third and final season launches globally on Netflix on March 9.

[02/14/18 - 08:21 AM]
Video: WE tv Reveals a Jaw-Dropping Sneak Peek of the Highly Anticipated Season 10 of "Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars Family Edition" Premiering March 9 at 9:00 PM ET/PT
Four famously dysfunctional families prove crazy is relative on the highly anticipated season 10 of "Marriage Boot Camp Reality Stars Family Edition."

[02/14/18 - 07:29 AM]
Video: A Valentine's Day Message from Jim Jefferies - Season 2 of "The Jim Jefferies Show" Premieres March 27 on Comedy Central
To commemorate Valentine's Day, Jim wonders why images of naked babies are only acceptable on greeting cards one day a year.

[02/13/18 - 01:05 PM]
Video: Freeform Releases Key Art & Promo for Highly-Anticipated Mermaid Drama, "Siren"
The newcomer premieres March 29 on Freeform with a special two-hour event.

[02/12/18 - 05:08 PM]
Video: New Trailer - Crackle's "The Oath" from Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson, Starring Sean Bean and Ryan Kwanten
The series launches Thursday, March 8 on the streaming service.

[02/12/18 - 07:31 AM]
Video: "A Series of Unfortunate Events" - Season 2 - Official Teaser - Netflix
March 30, get ready for more villains, more schemes, more peril, more orphans and more intentional fires.

[02/12/18 - 07:30 AM]
Video: Benji Finds a New Home - "Benji" Trailer Debut
Kiele Sanchez, Gabriel Bateman and Darby Camp star in the Netflix film, which launches on March 16.

[02/09/18 - 06:03 PM]
Video: Watch Team FOX Go for the Win! All-New Episodes of FOX Series Air Beginning Monday, 2/26!
"Brooklyn Nine-Nine," "Ghosted," "Family Guy," "LA to Vegas," "Lethal Weapon," "The Last Man on Earth" and "The Mick" are among the spotlighted series.

[02/09/18 - 10:46 AM]
Video: "Hard Sun" Trailer - Hulu
The full six-episode season launches on Wednesday, March 7.

[02/08/18 - 03:31 PM]
Video: Watch the First Promo for the All-New Season of the Smash-Hit Game Show "Beat Shazam," Hosted by Jamie Foxx
Season two of "Beat Shazam" premieres this May on FOX.

[02/08/18 - 11:17 AM]
Video: WE tv Reveals the Offical Season 2 Trailer of "Hustle & Soul" Premiering Thursday, March 22nd at 10PM ET/PT
In season two, Chef Lawrence Page is back and has big plans to expand the Pink Tea Cup brand, which includes mixing it up with some new additions to his spirited staff.

[02/08/18 - 06:17 AM]
Video: "The Joel McHale Show with Joel McHale" - Official Trailer & First Guests
The new weekly series launches Sunday, February 18 on Netflix with guest Kevin Hart and appearances by Alison Brie, Mike Colter, Paul Reiser, Jodie Sweetin and Jim Rash.

[02/07/18 - 01:03 PM]
Video: New Promo for VH1's "Teyana & Iman" - New Series Premieres on Monday, March 26 at 9:00 P.M. ET/PT
The cable channel's latest original was previously slated to premiere on February 19.