[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[05/26/16 - 12:41 PM]
Video: Showtime(R) Drops the New Trailer for Its Music Series "Roadies," The First Original Series from Oscar(R) Winner Cameron Crowe
The series gives an insider's look at the reckless, romantic, funny and often poignant lives of a committed group of roadies who live for music and the de facto family they've formed along the way.

[05/26/16 - 08:55 AM]
Video: New Trailer - The Little Prince - in Theaters and on Netflix in the U.S. August 5
The acclaimed film features voice work by Jeff Bridges, Rachel McAdams, Paul Rudd, Marion Cotillard, James Franco and Ricky Gervais.

[05/20/16 - 01:25 PM]
Video: Netflix Debuts Trailer for "Bo Burnham: Make Happy" Stand-Up Comedy Special
The one-hour comedy special premieres Friday, June 3 exclusively on Netflix.

[05/20/16 - 10:56 AM]
Video: Cinemax - "Outcast" First Episode Sampling
The pilot episode is now available to stream for free across a variety of platforms in the U.S. two full weeks before the series premieres on Friday, June 3.

[05/20/16 - 10:34 AM]
Video: David Schwimmer Takes Reservations in New AMC Promo for "Feed the Beast"
As previously announced, the series premieres Sunday, June 5 at 10:00/9:00c on the cable channel.

[05/19/16 - 10:32 AM]
Video: The CW's Fall First Looks & Trailers
Check out newcomers "Frequency" and "No Tomorrow" plus a sizzle of "The Superheroes of The CW."

[05/19/16 - 07:47 AM]
Video: Check Out Special Extended "Ladylike" Supertease-New Series Premieres June 9 on MTV
Ladylike takes the attitude and subject matter of "Girl Code" and steps out of the studio and onto the street.

[05/19/16 - 06:31 AM]
Video: Netflix Releases "Peaky Blinders" Season 3 Trailer
In the electrifying third season of Steven Knight's family saga, Thomas Shelby (Cillian Murphy) is drawn into a maze of global intrigue.

[05/18/16 - 02:29 PM]
Video: 1st Look Clips of CBS's New Series for Fall 2016
Plus: get a bonus early look at midseason drama "Training Day."

[05/18/16 - 02:27 PM]
Video: CBS Unveils Logo for New "Star Trek" TV Series within Program's First Promotional Video
This highly-anticipated program will premiere in January 2017.

[05/18/16 - 10:01 AM]
Video: OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network Unveils Extended Trailer of New Original Series "Greenleaf"
The series, which follows the Greenleaf family and their Memphis megachurch, will launch with a two-night premiere on Tuesday, June 21 and Wednesday, June 22.

[05/18/16 - 07:03 AM]
Video: Turner Upfront 2016 Teasers & Trailers
Check out the latest looks at "People of Earth," "Animal Kingdom," "Good Behavior" and more!

[05/17/16 - 01:00 PM]
Video: New ABC Shows - Official Trailers
Get your first look at everything from "American Housewife" to "Time After Time."

[05/17/16 - 10:06 AM]
Video: AMC Releases First Five Minutes of "Preacher" in Advance of Highly Anticipated Sunday Premiere
The initial preview on Snapchat marked the first time an extended clip of a network TV show was available on the popular app.

[05/16/16 - 02:34 PM]
Video: FOX Broadcasting Official Trailers for 2016-2017 Season
Get your first look at "The Exorcist," "Lethal Weapon," "Shots Fired" and more!