[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[07/22/14 - 09:01 AM]
Video: Next Games and AMC Debut Trailer for "The Walking Dead" Mobile Game, "The Walking Dead: No Man's Land"
The game will allow players to experience the world of the iconic show through gameplay exclusively developed for smartphones and tablet devices.

[07/21/14 - 09:12 AM]
Video: BBC America - "Intruders" Extended Trailer Released
The network's latest original series premieres Saturday, August 23 at 10:00/9:00c.

[07/17/14 - 12:37 PM]
Video: Jason Isaacs to Voice Jedi Hunter in "Star Wars Rebels"
Fully revealed in this new video, the Inquisitor recalls classic Star Wars villains but is also distinct in many ways.

[07/15/14 - 08:39 PM]
Video: "Utopia" - Watch a First Look at Pioneer Casting Interviews!
Look for the three-night series premiere beginning Sunday, September 7 at 8:00/7:00c.

[07/10/14 - 10:35 AM]
Video: Meet Agent Kallus, Imperial Enforcer in Disney XD's "Star Wars Rebels"
Revealed here in this special behind-the-scenes video, Kallus is an Imperial Security Bureau (ISB) agent.

[07/09/14 - 03:13 PM]
Video: First Teaser Promo for the Final Season of FX's Hit Drama "Sons of Anarchy"
Look for the show's swan song this fall on the cable channel.

[07/02/14 - 04:50 PM]
Video: "Jonah from Tonga" Season 1: Preview (HBO)
The network's latest Chris Lilley import premieres Friday, August 8 with back-to-back episodes at 10:00/9:00c.

[07/02/14 - 08:08 AM]
Video: "The Killing" - The Final Season - Official Trailer
Look for the show's swan song to be released on Friday, August 1.

[06/27/14 - 10:01 AM]
Showtime(R) Releases Second Season Trailer for Its Hit Series "Masters of Sex"
The show's sophomore run kicks off on Sunday, July 13 at 10:00/9:00c.

[06/25/14 - 10:08 AM]
Video: "Project Greenlight" - Promo (HBO)
Watch the pay channel's first tease for the show's revival.

[06/24/14 - 10:00 AM]
Video: TNT Releases New "Falling Skies" Trailer
The new trailer provides a look at what viewers can expect from the epic drama this summer.

[06/21/14 - 07:30 AM]
Video: New BBC America Original Supernatural Series "Intruders" Premieres Saturday, August 23rd at 10/9c
John Simm, Mira Sorvino, James, Tory Kittles and Millie Brown star in the network's latest original drama.

[06/18/14 - 03:50 PM]
Video: Even Villians Have a Home in... "Gotham"
Check out the latest tease for the FOX's new drama, premiering this fall.

[06/18/14 - 11:33 AM]
Video: TNT Unleashes New "Legends" Trailer
Featuring never-before-seen footage, the two-minute trailer provides the deepest look yet at the intense drama, premiering Wednesday, August 13.

[06/17/14 - 10:03 AM]
Video: "The Knick" - Trailer #1 (Cinemax)
Get your first look at the Steven Soderbergh-helmed series, premiering Friday, August 8 at 10:00/9:00c.