[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[06/26/17 - 01:07 AM]
Video: Director Bong Joon Ho Leads Us Down the Road to "Okja" in New BTS Featurette
Watch never-before-seen interviews with stars Tilda Swinton, Jake Gyllenhaal, Paul Dano, Steven Yeun as well as behind-the-scenes footage of the actors working with Director Bong.

[06/23/17 - 08:03 AM]
Video: Have You Met the Incredible Jessica James? Get Your Chance July 28!
Jessica Williams stars in the latest Netflix original film.

[06/22/17 - 08:35 AM]
Video: Trailer - "Last Chance U" - Season 2 - July 21
The original documentary series follows the stories of elite athletes in tough life circumstances who struggle to find their redemption on a champion junior college football team.

[06/20/17 - 09:46 AM]
Video: Finale of "The Leftovers" Available on YouTube for One Week
Mimi Leder helmed the installment from a teleplay by Tom Perrotta & Damon Lindelof.

[06/20/17 - 07:34 AM]
Video: It's GLOW Time! Go Behind the Scenes of the Netflix Original Series "GLOW"
The comedy series launches this Friday, June 23 on the streaming service.

[06/16/17 - 09:31 AM]
Video: Showtime Releases Season Five Trailer and New Poster Art for "Ray Donovan"
Starring Liev Schreiber in his two-time Emmy nominated role as L.A.'s best professional fixer, the new season finds Ray turning his attention back to Hollywood and his celebrity fixer firm.

[06/15/17 - 01:00 PM]
Video: Director Bong Joon Ho's "Okja" Shines in Second Trailer
The film launches globally on Netflix and in select theatres in New York and Los Angeles on June 28.

[06/15/17 - 11:43 AM]
Video: "The Defiant Ones" - Official Trailer (HBO)
This four-part documentary event tells the stories of Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine, their improbable partnership and their leading roles in a series of transformative events in contemporary culture.

[06/15/17 - 08:36 AM]
Video: Hulk Hogan + Gawker + Freedom of the Press = New Netflix Trailer
Check out the new trailer for the upcoming Netflix original documentary Nobody Speak: Trials of the Free Press, launching globally June 23.

[06/15/17 - 07:44 AM]
Video: Amazon Prime Video Releases "Transparent" Season 4 Teaser Video
The streaming service has released a teaser for the highly-anticipated fourth season of Emmy Award and Golden Globe-winning series.

[06/14/17 - 02:08 PM]
Video: "Insecure" - Season 2 Tease (HBO)
The series returns for its eight-episode second season on Sunday, July 23.

[06/14/17 - 08:32 AM]
Video: Official Trailer for Netflix's "Friends from College" - Premieres July 14th
The comedy series from Nicholas Stoller stars Keegan-Michael Key, Cobie Smulders, Annie Parisse, Fred Savage, Nat Faxon and Jae Suh Park.

[06/12/17 - 10:48 AM]
Video: Watch the New Trailer for TNT's "Will"
TNT is releasing a new trailer for its brand new drama series "Will," which tells the wild, rowdy story of young William Shakespeare.

[06/10/17 - 06:01 AM]
Video: Legendary Singer-Songwriter's Latest Music Video Features Stars of TNT's New Dramedy "Claws," Premiering This Sunday, June 11, at 9 p.m. (ET/PT)
Niecy Nash, Carrie Preston, Jenn Lyon, Judy Reyes and Karrueche Tran are all featured in the video.

[06/09/17 - 07:59 AM]
Video: Watch "Orphan Black's" Entire Season... in 60 Seconds!
For those who can't wait until the last frame, those who need their burning questions answered immediately - this one's for you.