[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[12/14/18 - 09:06 AM]
Video: Showtime(R) Releases Official Poster and New Teaser for "Black Monday"
The 10-episode series will premiere on Sunday, January 20 at 10:00/9:00c.

[12/14/18 - 08:03 AM]
Video: "Russian Doll" Season 1 - Date Announcement - Netflix
From Natasha Lyonne, Amy Poehler and Leslye Headland comes "Russian Doll," February 1 on Netflix.

[12/13/18 - 02:03 PM]
Video: "Magic for Humans" Season 2 - Announcement - Netflix
Justin Willman will be back for season two in 2019.

[12/13/18 - 09:41 AM]
Video: FXX First Look for "You're the Worst"
The most beautiful and f'd up love story is coming to a close.

[12/13/18 - 09:00 AM]
Video: "One Day at a Time" Season 3 - Date Announcement - Netflix
The Alvarez family is back February 8, only on Netflix.

[12/13/18 - 09:00 AM]
Video: "Star Trek: Discovery" Unveils Season Two Official Trailer and Key Art
CBS All Access also announced the second season will be extended to 14 episodes, from the previously announced 13.

[12/13/18 - 06:02 AM]
Video: Are You Ready for It? Netflix Celebrates Taylor Swift Reputation Stadium Tour, Out on NYE
This epic concert film features pyro, fireworks, multiple stages and of course, a 63 foot cobra named Karyn.

[12/12/18 - 08:38 AM]
Video: "Trigger Warning with Killer Mike" - Teaser - Netflix
"'Trigger Warning' is about examining cultural taboos and giving viewers the space to examine the 'what ifs' and 'why nots' that limit how some people move and operate in the world," said Michael Render, pka Killer Mike.

[12/12/18 - 08:03 AM]
Video: "7 Days Out" - Official Trailer - Netflix
A behind-the-scenes look at the most iconic cultural events in fashion, sports, food, gaming, and space.

[12/12/18 - 07:33 AM]
Video: "Tidying Up with Marie Kondo" - Official Trailer - Netflix
Tidy guru Marie Kondo comes to the rescue by helping people tackle the clutter that's holding them back.

[12/12/18 - 07:03 AM]
Video: "Pinky Malinky" - Official Trailer - Netflix
Join Pinky Malinky and his best friends, Babs and JJ, as they make movies, drop sick beats, and explore their hometown of Sackenhack.

[12/12/18 - 06:03 AM]
Video: "3Below: Tales of Arcadia" - Official Trailer - Netflix
From visionary director Guillermo del Toro and the team behind "DreamWorks Trollhunters" comes an epic, hilarious tale of alien royalty who must escape intergalactic bounty hunters by blending in on a primitive junk heap known as Earth.

[12/11/18 - 12:08 PM]
Video: In 10 Days the Journey Begins - A New "Bird Box" Trailer Has Just Debuted!
The film will be released globally on Netflix on December 21 and will have an expanded theatrical release in additional theaters in the U.S., and throughout Europe.

[12/11/18 - 11:12 AM]
Video: "Struggle: The Life and Lost Art of Szukalski" - Netflix Trailer Debut
The Leonardo DiCaprio-produced documentary launches Friday, December 21.

[12/11/18 - 07:03 AM]
Video: "Siempre Bruja: Always a Witch" - Date Announcement - Netflix
The series, due on February 1, will follow 18 year old Carmen, a Colombian slave and witch from the 17th century who, in a desperate attempt to save her loved one, travels in time to present day Cartagena.