[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[06/19/18 - 08:02 AM]
Video: Trailer - "Last Chance U" - New Season, New U
The quaint town of Independence, Kansas, is the new setting, as the underdog Pirates of Independence Community College have a chance to finally stand tall after more than a decade of losses.

[06/19/18 - 07:32 AM]
Video: Featurette Debut - It's "GLOW" Up Time! Watch the Cast Transform Behind the Scenes
Season two launches globally on Netflix next Friday, June 29.

[06/18/18 - 10:07 AM]
Video: Trailer Released for Sundance Now's "Next of Kin," Making Its U.S. Debut on Thursday, June 21st
All episodes of the six-part drama star Archie Panjabi and Jack Davenport, and will be available to binge at once.

[06/18/18 - 06:00 AM]
Video: Set Sail with Netflix's New Trailer for "Like Father" Starring Kristen Bell and Kelsey Grammer
When a workaholic young executive (Kristen Bell), is left at the altar, she ends up on her Caribbean honeymoon cruise with the last person she ever expected: her estranged and equally workaholic father (Kelsey Grammer).

[06/15/18 - 09:03 AM]
Video: Enter a New Reality When "Kiss Me First" Launches on Netflix June 29 - Trailer Debut
Netflix's YA drama series follows a young woman who recently lost her mother and has been left adrift in London.

[06/14/18 - 10:01 AM]
Video: "Mindhunter" - The Making of a Serial Killer
Cameron Britton pulls back the curtain to reveal his process as he transforms from nice guy actor into disturbed serial killer Ed Kemper.

[06/14/18 - 10:00 AM]
Video: RuPaul's Drag Race Queens Recap Season 1 of TNT's "Claws"
Watch as these fierce ladies pay homage to the badass women behind the Nail Artisans of Manatee County.

[06/12/18 - 09:30 AM]
Video: Sony Crackle Gets Your Heart Pumping This Summer with Official Trailer for Travis Pastrana's "Action Figures 2"
The sequel to Pastrana's hit 2015 action sports movie "Action Figures" pays homage to old-school action sports videos and highlights extreme human performance.

[06/12/18 - 07:02 AM]
Video: "Marvel's Luke Cage" Final Trailer Released - Harlem's Queen Rises and Confronts New Menace
In the final trailer, Mariah Dillard is faced with an imminent and formidable threat to her hold over Harlem - the unstoppable Bushmaster.

[06/11/18 - 10:14 AM]
Video: TNT & R29 Reveal "French Fries" Official Trailer, Latest in "Shatterbox Anthology"
The film explores a young, hip African-American foodie couple's fight to resolve communication problems in a modern marriage of six years, four months and three and a half days.

[06/11/18 - 07:31 AM]
Video: Trailer Debut - Here We "GLOW" Again - Watch the Season Two Trailer Now!
Season two follows the women of GLOW as they become local celebrities, confronting the good, the bad, and the ugly realities of their newfound fame.

[06/10/18 - 05:15 PM]
Video: Netflix Loves Tonys - First Look at Tony Danza and Josh Groban in "The Good Cop"
Danza plays Tony Sr. - a lovable yet not exactly honorable, former NYPD officer who never followed the rules - who lives with his son, Tony Jr. (Groban) - a brilliant, straight-laced NYPD detective who makes a point of always following the rules while solving Brooklyn's toughest cases.

[06/07/18 - 08:04 AM]
Video: Trailer Debut - "Queer Eye" Season 2
Queer Eye is back and ready to transform the stylistically challenged into hip and happening savants at the hands of the new Fab Five.

[06/04/18 - 12:45 PM]
Video: "Lip Sync Battle" Sneak Peek - New Episodes Return Thursday, June 14 on Paramount Network
Alicia Silverstone, Mena Suvari, Derek Hough, Ben Higgins, Rachel Lindsay, Ramona Singer, Melissa Gorga and Karrueche Tran are all slated to appear.

[06/04/18 - 07:39 AM]
Video: "3%" - Season 3 Announcement - Netflix
You can't tell what's going to happen in season three... but she's coming.