[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[07/28/14 - 12:20 PM]
Video: "Atlanta Exes" + Super Trailer + Monday, August 18th on VH1
Watch a sneak preview of the new series, featuring the once significant others of an elite list of A-list men, which has no shortage of fabulousness, ambition, love, and drama.

[07/28/14 - 06:10 AM]
Video: "Mission Blue" - Official Trailer - Exclusively on Netflix August 15
More than four years in the making, the film is legendary oceanographer Dr. Sylvia Earle's eye-opening wake-up call to save the ocean.

[07/27/14 - 09:35 AM]
Video: Watch the Video of the Cast at the "Sleepy Hollow" Fan Experience
Nicole Beharie, Tom Mison, Orlando Jones, Katia Winter and Lyndie Greenwood talk about season two at the "Sleepy Hollow" Haunted Barn.

[07/26/14 - 10:47 PM]
Video: "Constantine" Preview Trailer
This hot new trailer was unveiled on Saturday, July 26.

[07/26/14 - 10:46 PM]
Video: New Warner Bros. Television & DC Comics Logos
Check out the cards for "The Flash," "Constantine," "Gotham" and "Arrow."

[07/26/14 - 10:45 PM]
Video: "Arrow" Season 3 Preview - with Ra's al Ghul!
Watch the newly extended first look at the new season!

[07/26/14 - 07:34 PM]
Video: "Person of Interest" Season 3 Highlight Reel and Season 4 Sneak Peek
Check out the sizzle reel from today's panel, including a first look at season four!

[07/26/14 - 07:33 PM]
Video: "Constantine" Bear McCreary Scoring Video
Highly acclaimed composer and Comic-Con favorite Bear McCreary scored the pilot episode and will also be the composer for the series.

[07/26/14 - 04:24 PM]
Video: Comic-Con 2014 - "The Simpsons" Panel Highlights
Plus: get your first look at the season premiere episode, "Clown in the Dumps."

[07/26/14 - 01:32 PM]
Video: Starz Releases Opening Title Sequence from "Outlander" Debuted at the San Diego Comic-Con World Premiere
The opening showcases never-before-seen footage from the series, along with an arrangement of the "Skye Boat Song" by composer Bear McCreary featuring the vocals of Raya Yarbrough.

[07/26/14 - 09:52 AM]
Video: Comic-Con 2014 - "Sleepy Hollow" Panel Highlights
The cast of "Sleepy Hollow" all say what they would like to see happen in season two during the panel at Comic-Con.

[07/26/14 - 09:51 AM]
Video: Comic-Con 2014 - "Bob's Burgers" Panel Highlights
Is Louise ready for love? Would you eat at Bob's Burgers if it were a real restaurant? The fans ask the tough questions of the Bob's cast.

[07/26/14 - 09:50 AM]
Video: Comic-Con 2014 - "Wayward Pines" Panel Highlights
Executive Producer M. Night Shyamalan and star Matt Dillon share stories about FOX's intense new event series.

[07/26/14 - 09:49 AM]
Video: Comic-Con 2014 - "Bones" Panel Highlights
Join David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel as they tease the upcoming tenth season and Emily's upcoming directorial debut.

[07/25/14 - 07:06 PM]
Video: "The Originals" Season 2 First Look Video
After a fairytale recap, fans were treated to one mother of a first look at the upcoming second season to kick off the panel.