[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[12/12/17 - 01:00 PM]
Video: TBS Debuts "The Detour" Season 3 Trailer and Artwork
The third season premieres on Tuesday, January 23 at 10:30/9:30c on the cable channel.

[12/12/17 - 08:37 AM]
Video: WE tv Reveals a Dramatic Sneak Peek of the Highly Anticipated Second Season of "Growing Up Hip Hop Atlanta"
The heirs of Atlanta hip hop are back, on the new season, and testing the legacy of family and the code of the streets.

[12/12/17 - 07:36 AM]
Video: Go Behind the Scenes of "Marvel's The Punisher"
Go behind the scenes with Frank Castle and the cast of "Marvel's The Punisher" in a newly released featurette.

[12/12/17 - 06:00 AM]
Video: Will Smith, Joel Edgerton and Noomi Rapace Battle It Out in the Final Trailer for Netflix's Explosive Action Thriller "Bright" Out on December 22
The trailer features a hot new single from Billboard's "Breakthrough Artist" Camila Cabello and musical duo, Grey called "Crown."

[12/11/17 - 02:01 PM]
Video: Watch a Behind-the-Scenes Look at "A Christmas Story Live!" Airing This Sunday, Dec. 17, at 7/6c on FOX
Plus: FOX will donate a dollar to Toys For Tots, up to $20,000, as part of its Greatest GIFt promotion.

[12/11/17 - 08:01 AM]
Video: "Fuller House" Is Back on December 22, Just in Time for the Holidays!
Join us for adventures in Tokyo, weddings that may or may not be happening, and nine all-new episodes.

[12/11/17 - 06:12 AM]
Video: It's Time to Face the Music - Stream the New Season of "Mozart in the Jungle" February 16th on Amazon Video
Hailey and Rodrigo's romance deepens as they go public with their relationship in the fourth season of the Emmy and Golden Globe winning series.

[12/09/17 - 06:28 PM]
Video: Netflix at CCXP - Brazil Comic-Con Experience
Check out the latest teases from "Altered Carbon," "3%," "Sense8" and "Marvel's Jessica Jones."

[12/08/17 - 03:48 PM]
Video: The 2018 Rose Parade Hosted by Cord & Tish - Picks from the Fishbowl - Amazon Video
The streaming service releases additional footage leading up to the special event.

[12/08/17 - 02:55 PM]
Video: We're Not in Hollis Anymore... IFC Enlists DMC for "Christmas in the '80s" Promo
This holiday season, in honor of the 30th anniversary of the 1987 original release of "Christmas in Hollis," hip-hop legend Darryl "DMC" McDaniels collaborated with IFC to create a new '80s-inspired promo.

[12/07/17 - 12:01 PM]
Video: Watch Diddy Surprise the Four Recording Artists Who Have Been Chosen for "The Four: Battle for Stardom," Premiering Thursday, January 4 on FOX
These four recording artists, spanning all music genres, will fight to defend their coveted spots on the stage, as newcomers challenge them and try to knock them out of the competition.

[12/07/17 - 10:00 AM]
Video: "Howards End" - Official Trailer - Starz
Hayley Atwell, Philippa Coulthard, Matthew Macfadyen and Tracey Ullman star in the limited series, premiering in April.

[12/06/17 - 07:02 AM]
Video: On the 13th Day of "Black Mirror," Netflix Gave to Me the Much-Anticipated Season 4 Trailer!
The fourth season of the Emmy-winning series launches Friday, December 29.

[12/04/17 - 01:28 PM]
Video: National Geographic Releases Fan-Generated Music Video for Seven-Time Grammy Award-Winning Lady Antebellum's "Army," Along with Musicians on Call and iHeartMedia
In addition to the #MyArmyContest, National Geographic also launched the #LongRoadHome social activation campaign.

[12/04/17 - 10:03 AM]
Video: Watch the New Trailer for "Wormwood" - Opens in Select Theaters and Globally on Netflix December 15
Directed by boundary-breaking filmmaker Errol Morris, "Wormwood" explores the limits of knowledge about the past and the lengths we'll go in our search for the truth.