[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[02/10/16 - 05:01 PM]
Video: "House of Cards" Season Four Trailer
Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright return in the new season, premiering Friday, March 4 on the streaming service.

[02/10/16 - 11:35 AM]
Video: AMC Releases First Four Minutes of Highly Anticipated "The Walking Dead" Mid-Season Premiere Episode
In addition, Hallmark eCards has partnered with "The Walking Dead" to create unique, original Valentine's Day eCards inspired by the show.

[02/10/16 - 10:28 AM]
Video: Check out the "Broad City" Season 3 Trailer
On February 17, Abbi and Ilana are back with new adventures, new special guests and the same unbreakable bond.

[02/10/16 - 09:48 AM]
Video: Making "Love" - Netflix Reveals Featurette for New Series
The series follows nice guy Gus (Paul Rust) and brazen wild-child Mickey (Gillian Jacobs) as they navigate the exhilarations and humiliations of intimacy, commitment, love and other things they were hoping to avoid.

[02/09/16 - 05:00 PM]
Video: Netflix Releases Official "Fuller House" Trailer
The Fuller House cast goes back home Friday, February 26 in all territories where Netflix is available.

[02/07/16 - 06:53 PM]
Video: CBS Debuts Humorous "CBS All Access" Commercial During "Super Bowl 50"
The 30-second commercial was directed by famed producer/writer/director Peter Farrelly.

[02/07/16 - 06:14 PM]
Video: For the First Time Ever, A Showtime(R) Spot Is Featured in the Super Bowl
The new spot, with music by Grammy(R) and Golden Globe(R)-nominated singer-songwriter Sia, was one of the only streaming service commercials to air during the game.

[02/07/16 - 04:58 PM]
Video: CBS Announces the Final Nine Episodes for "The Good Wife"
The series finale of broadcast television's most acclaimed drama will air Sunday, May 8.

[02/05/16 - 08:31 AM]
Video: David Lynch Executive Produced Netflix Original Documentary - "My Beautiful Broken Brain" Trailer and Key Art
The film follows Lotje's Sodderland's incredible story of rehabilitation and recovery from a traumatic hemorrhagic stroke.

[02/04/16 - 09:13 AM]
Video: First Trailer for the Viceland Series About the Rising Stars in Stand-Up Comedy, "Flophouse!"
Featuring comedians Clare O'Kane, Solomon Georgio, Brandon Wardell (and many other very funny people) and directed by filmmaker Lance Bangs, "Flophouse" is a comedy show with all the comforts of home.

[02/04/16 - 07:14 AM]
Video: Netflix Releases Trailer and Key Art for "Cooked" Alex Gibney and Michael Pollan's New Docu-Series
The series premieres on February 16 at the Berlinale Film Festival in the Culinary Cinema Program, and launches globally on Netflix February 19.

[02/03/16 - 12:48 PM]
Video: TBS's "Full Frontal with Samantha Bee" Takes on the Iowa Caucuses
Check out some special video segments in advance of Monday's premiere.

[02/03/16 - 09:51 AM]
Video: First Look at Viceland's "Weediquette"
Krishna Andavolu hosts the series, which launches Tuesday, March 1 at 11:00/10:00c.

[02/02/16 - 10:19 AM]
Video: First Look at BET's New Series "About the Business" - Starring Eva Marcille & Crystal Renay
The newcomer premieres Wednesday, February 24 at 10:00/9:00c.

[02/02/16 - 09:34 AM]
Video: Sneak Peek at truTV's "Those Who Can't," Premiering Feb. 11 at 10:30
Fans can get a sneak peek of two episodes of the series at truTV.com.