[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[08/18/17 - 08:20 AM]
Video: WE tv Releases Cast & Sneak Peek for Season 9 of Hit Series "Marriage Boot Camp Reality Stars"
The season will feature a brand new house of dysfunctional couples including Kailyn Lowry and Javi Marroquin, Bobby Panahi and Asifa Mirza, Juelia Kinney and JJ Lane, Peter Gunz and Amina Buddafly & Mehgan James and DeAndre Perry.

[08/17/17 - 08:06 AM]
Video: "Fire Chasers" - Netflix Original Documentary Series
"Fire Chasers" takes viewers into the heart of California's devastating recent wildfires alongside the brave men and women of Cal Fire and the Los Angeles County Fire Department.

[08/17/17 - 07:33 AM]
Video: Final Trailer for the Netflix Original Series "Marvel's The Defenders"
This is the story of four solitary figures, burdened with their own personal challenges, who realize they just might be stronger when teamed together.

[08/16/17 - 11:41 AM]
Video: Watch the New Trailer for TNT's "Good Behavior"
The new season will premiere Sunday, October 15, now at the later time of 10:00/9:00c.

[08/15/17 - 11:20 AM]
Video: Netflix Announces the Launch Date and Debuts Trailer for Original Documentary Short "Resurface"
The film premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival where it won a Special Jury Mention and will launch globally on Netflix on September 1.

[08/15/17 - 08:01 AM]
Video: "The Meyerowitz Stories (New and Selected)" Teaser Released
Adam Sandler, Ben Stiller, Elizabeth Marvel and Dustin Hoffman star in Noah Baumbach's Netflix film.

[08/14/17 - 05:01 PM]
Video: Let the Countdown to the Netflix Original Series "Marvel's The Defenders" Begin!
Netflix releases a behind the scenes featurette of its street level heroes.

[08/10/17 - 07:00 AM]
Video: Netflix Announces the Launch Date for "The Crown" Season 2 Along with a First Look at the Series
The second season bears witness to the end of the age of deference, and ushers in the revolutionary era of the 1960s.

[08/09/17 - 09:01 AM]
Video: Robert Redford and Jane Fonda Reunite in "Our Souls at Night" Teaser
The film, based on the best-selling novel written by Kent Haruf, will be released on Netflix and in select theaters on September 29.

[08/08/17 - 03:29 PM]
Video: Showtime(R) Offers the Season Premieres of "Episodes" and "Dice" for Early Sampling
Watch the season premieres to both series right here as well as Showtime's various outlets.

[08/08/17 - 02:30 PM]
Video: Watch the World Premiere of the All-New "Empire"/"Star" Music Video
Plus: get at sneak peek of the upcoming season of "Empire."

[08/08/17 - 10:57 AM]
Video: Watch an All-New Sneak Peek at FOX's New Family Adventure Series, "The Gifted," That Just Debuted at TCA!
The newcomer premieres Monday, October 2 at 9:00/8:00c on the network.

[08/08/17 - 10:00 AM]
Video: Netflix Releases Trailer for Kathy Bates Sitcom "Disjointed"
Academy Award winner Kathy Bates plays Ruth, a lifelong advocate for legalization who is finally living her dream as the owner of an Los Angeles cannabis dispensary, Ruth's Alternative Caring.

[08/07/17 - 01:09 PM]
Video: MTV Unveils Star-Studded Performer Line-Up for 2017 "VMAs"
Miley Cyrus, Ed Sheeran, Fifth Harmony, Lorde, Katy Perry, The Weeknd, Thirty Seconds to Mars and Shawn Mendes are all on tap.

[08/07/17 - 12:36 PM]
Video: Crackle Releases New Trailer and Key Art for Sophomore Season of the Network's Original Drama Series, "StartUp" to Debut Thursday, September 28th
In addition, the free, AVOD service shared plans to release an interactive and immersive virtual reality experience based on the series to debut on PlayStation(R) VR and other platforms later fall.