[01/03/13 - 01:37 PM]
Video: Oprah Winfrey Interviews David Letterman on the Next "Oprah's Next Chapter" Airing This Sunday, January 6
Watch three clips from this week's episode, due at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[via press release from OWN]

EXCERPTS, PHOTOS AND CLIPS FROM OPRAH WINFREY'S INTERVIEW WITH TALK SHOW HOST DAVID LETTERMAN

Oprah Winfrey interviews David Letterman on the next "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing this Sunday, January 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

No question is off-limitsas Letterman candidly speaks about the public sex scandal that rocked his marriage, his personal relationships with "Tonight Show" hosts Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, how he repaired his marriage, his battle with depression and for the first time, Winfrey reveals to Letterman the true reason behindtheir much-publicized "feud."

Excerpts and clip links (with embed code) below:

Excerpt: David Letterman addresses the sex scandal:

DL: Having lived through that sex scandal, I realized, wait a minute -

OW: Just to say 'sex scandal' Dave, you want to get through your whole life and not have the words sex scandal attached to your name.

DL: That's right!

OW: You didn't make it

DL: Did not make it. And, have no one to blame but myself. And now, I feel better about myself, my relationship with my wife is never better, and it's just because I want to be the person I always thought I was and probably was pretending I was. And so far, it's been great. Things have been great. I hurt a lot of people. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm not looking to blame anybody. I'm looking to find out why I behaved the way I behaved.

Excerpt: David Letterman shares his thoughts on talk show host Jay Leno

OW: You know there's assumption over the years that because you didn't get it and Jay Leno did that that's where the rivalry between the two of you started. Is that true?

DL: No

OW: That's not true...

DL: The rivalry... Jay and I were friends. We were always friends before all of this happened. He has a way, he's an usual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say and I'm happy to say that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his night club act, just the funniest. The smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known, I could never reconcile that.

About "Oprah's Next Chapter"

"Oprah's Next Chapter" is the primetime series featuring Oprah Winfrey as she steps outside of the studio for riveting, enlightening and in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, thought leaders and real-life families. "Oprah's Next Chapter" is produced by Harpo Studios.

Join the conversation on Twitter using #NextChapter.

[january 2013]

· OPRAH PRIME (OWN)

most recent video | view all posts
[10/22/14 - 10:01 AM]
Video: Sneak Peek at truTV's Upcoming New Series "Breaking Greenville"
The series, formerly known as "Local News," will launch in December on the cable channel.

[10/21/14 - 08:49 PM]
Video: The Search for a Superstar Returns - "American Idol XIV"
Watch the promo for the new season, which aired after tonight's telecast of the World Series.

[10/20/14 - 09:52 AM]
Video: "The Comeback" Trailer (HBO)
The series returns with the first of eight new episodes on Sunday, November 9.

[10/17/14 - 08:24 AM]
Video: New Trailer for Bravo's First Scripted Series "Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce" - Premiering December 2
The series stars Lisa Edelstein, Paul Adelstein, Beau Garrett and Necar Zadegan.

[10/13/14 - 11:17 AM]
Video: WBTV at NY Comic Con - "Person of Interest"/"The Following"
Watch the exclusive video shown during the panels yesterday in New York City.

[10/02/14 - 01:52 PM]
Video: Grammy(R) Award Winner Fiona Apple Creates Original Song Container for Main Titles of the New Showtime(R) Drama "The Affair"
"Container" was written and performed by Apple and produced by frequent collaborator Blake Mills.

[10/02/14 - 10:18 AM]
Video: "Younger" Official Trailer
Sutton Foster, Nico Tortorella, Debi Mazar, Miriam Shor and Hilary Duff star in TV Land's latest original comedy, premiering in January.

[09/24/14 - 11:42 AM]
Video: First Look at truTV's "Branson Famous," Television's First-Ever Reality Musical
The newcomer will roll out on the cable channel this December.

[09/16/14 - 09:53 AM]
Video: Tuesday's Are Getting a Little Happier When MTV's New Series "Happyland" Premieres on September 30 at 11:00 PM ET/PT
The project is a soapy teen dramedy exploring the underbelly of one of the country's most popular theme parks, going behind the scenes to reveal the not so magical reality of the park workers.

[09/12/14 - 03:46 PM]
Video: Willie's Views on Scottish Independence - "The Simpsons" - Animation on FOX
The milestone 26th season of the series launches Sunday, September 28 at 8:00/7:00c on FOX.

[09/12/14 - 12:07 PM]
Video: Wilson Cruz & The USC Marching Band Visit L.A. Children's Hospital - "Red Band Society"
The new drama premieres next Wednesday, September 17 on FOX.

[09/10/14 - 07:16 AM]
Video: "American Dad" Comes to TBS with All New Episodes!
Look for its first-run cable premiere Monday, October 20 at 9:00/8:00c.

[09/09/14 - 07:16 AM]
Video: MTV Debuts the Trailer for the Highly Anticipated Second Season of "Faking It" Premiering on Tuesday, September 23 at 10:30 P.M. ET/PT
Plus: MTV will premiere the first ten minutes of the hit comedy series on the MTV App on Tuesday, September 16, one week ahead of the premiere on September 23.

[09/06/14 - 07:48 PM]
Video: "Utopia's" First Five Minutes
Plus: Dan Piraro has been tapped as narrator of the series, premiering this Sunday, September 7 at 8:00/7:00c.

[09/05/14 - 11:42 AM]
Video: Season Four of MTV's Hit Comedy "Awkward" Is Back September 23 at 10:00 PM ET/PT with Even More Scandals and Shenanigans
Watch the trailer for the second half of season four from the series.