[09/14/21 - 08:01 AM] Video: "Maid" - Official Trailer - Netflix After fleeing an abusive relationship, a young mother finds a job cleaning houses as she fights to provide for her child and build them a better future.
[via press release from Netflix]
MAID | Official Trailer | Netflix
One young mother's incredible story of survival and resilience as she navigates the world of poverty, abuse and redefining her worth against all odds. Inspired by the New York Times Best-selling memoir by Stephanie Land, and from the Producers of Shameless and Promising Young Woman.
Watch MAID, only on Netflix: https://www.netflix.com/MAID
Netflix's new limited series premieres Friday, October 1.
Inspired by the New York Times best-selling memoir, Maid: Hard Work, Low Pay, and a Mother's Will to Survive by Stephanie Land, MAID follows the story of Alex, a single mother who turns to housecleaning to - barely - make ends meet as she escapes an abusive relationship and overcomes homelessness to create a better life for her daughter, Maddy. Seen through the emotional yet humorous lens of a desperate but determined woman, this series is a raw and inspiring exploration of a mother's resilience.
About the Series:
· Release Date: October 1, 2021
· Episodes: 10 x 52-minute episodes
· Cast / Characters: Margaret Qualley (Alex), Nick Robinson (Sean), Anika Noni Rose (Regina), Tracy Vilar (Yolanda), Billy Burke (Hank) and Andie MacDowell (Paula). Also starring Rylea Nevaeh Whittet (Maddy), Raymond Ablack (Nate), BJ Harrison (Denise), Xavier de Guzman (Ethan), Aimee Carrero (Danielle), Toby Levins (Basil)
· Showrunner: Molly Smith Metzler
· Executive Producers: John Wells, Molly Smith Metzler, Margot Robbie, Tom Ackerley, Erin Jontow, Brett Hedblom, Stephanie Land
· Produced By: John Wells Productions, LuckyChap Entertainment, Warner Bros. Television
· Directors: John Wells (101-102, 109 -110), Nzingha Stewart (103-104), Lila Neugebauer (105), Helen Shaver (106-107), Quyen "Q" Tran (108)
· Writers: Molly Smith Metzler (101-102, 108, 110), Marcus Gardley (103, 108), Bekah Brunstetter (104, 107), Colin McKenna (105, 109), Michelle Denise Jackson (106)
· Filmed in: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
· Directors of Photography: Quyen "Q" Tran (101 - 102, 109-110), Guy Godfree (103 - 104, 106 - 107, 108), Vincent De Paula (105)
· Production Designer: Renee Read
· Costume Designer: Lyn Elizabeth Paolo (eps 101 - 102), Lorraine Carson