[06/06/07 - 02:20 PM]
Golden Globe Winner Kyra Sedgwick Joins Bravo's Inside the Actors Studio Monday, June 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT
During her wide-ranging interview with Lipton, Sedgwick reveals what life is like being married to movie star [Kevin Bacon], working with Tom Cruise on "Born on the Fourth Of July," and how she prepared for her role in the hit television series "The Closer," among other topics.

[via press release from Bravo]

GOLDEN GLOBE WINNER KYRA SEDGWICK JOINS BRAVO'S INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO MONDAY, JUNE 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT

www.BravoTV.com Offers Exclusive Bonus Clips "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio"

NEW YORK � June 6, 2007 � Bravo's 12-time Emmy-nominated series, "Inside the Actor's Studio" welcomes Golden Globe winner Kyra Sedgwick to the stage on Monday, June 11, 2007 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Host James Lipton takes an in-depth look at Sedgwick's life and career, discussing the actress's three-pronged profession on the big screen, little screen and on the stage. Viewers can catch "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio" at www.BravoTV.com, for exclusive bonus clips of Sedgwick's interview. Photography is available on Media Village at www.nbcmv.com/bravo.

Following are excerpts from the interview:

ON HER FIRST IMPRESSION OF HUSBAND KEVIN BACON

"I thought he was cocky and unreal and, I thought it was all a front... but for him it was instant lust, he said."

ON THE KEVIN BACON 6 DEGREES OF SEPARATION GAME

"I tolerate it."

ON WORKING WITH TOM CRUISE ON "BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY"

"Oh, he was extraordinary. He was a powerhouse. He had more energy than I'd seen from anybody."

ON WHEN SHE KNEW SHE WANTED TO BE AN ACTRESS

"Well, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was in eighth grade and I did "Fiddler On the Roof"�it was as if my soul had come out of my body and was dancing around the room. It was an experience that I'd never had before. It was just pure joy. There was nothing else I wanted to do ever. I knew it."

ON HOW SHE GOT HER ROLE IN "THE CLOSER"

"It came to me kicking and screaming. I didn't want to read something that's good and shoots in LA for six months out of the year. So, I said don't send it. After months I said, all right, send it and it was great."

ON HOW SHE PREPARED TO PLAY A DEPUTY CHIEF OF POLICE

"I spent a lot of time with a detective at a special homicide division of the L.A.P.D., who is on the set all the time now. I went around with him in his car for a while."

ON HAVING A SUCCESSFUL CAREER AND MARRIAGE IN HOLLYWOOD

"I just think I met the right person, my soul mate, and I think he did too, he makes me laugh, and I love him so much. He's a beautiful human being and we let each other grow. I think that's also a really big part of it, too."

Sedgwick was born in New York and attended private schools. She is a great-granddaughter of Endicott Peabody, the founder of the Groton School, a niece of the writer John Sedgwick, and also a cousin of Edie Sedgwick, a star of Andy Warhol's early films. A graduate of USC, Kyra pursued a career that includes Stage, Screen and Television.

She made her professional acting debut, at 16, on the soap "Another World" (1964). Her first brush with stardom came in "Born on the Fourth of July" (1989) as Donna, the high school sweetheart of Tom Cruise. Two of her more acclaimed TV projects were "Lemon Sky," a 1987 drama that also served to introduce her to her future husband Kevin Bacon, who was cast as her half-brother, and 1992's "Miss Rose White," which starred Sedgwick as a Jewish career woman in search of her past. During the 1990s, she appeared in several minor Hollywood movies, such as "Something to Talk About" and "Phenomenon." Two of her roles led to Golden Globe nominations � "Miss Rose White." and "Something to Talk About." Sedgwick scored another "big break" that she would long be remembered for when Cameron Crowe cast her as the female lead in his film "Singles."

In 2005 Sedgwick took on the role of Deputy Police Chief Brenda Johnson who runs the Priority Homicide Division of the LAPD with an unorthodox style. In 2007, she received a Golden Globe award for her performance as lead actress in "The Closer."

[june 2007]

· CLOSER, THE (TNT)
· INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO (BRAVO)

[09/30/16 - 04:27 PM]
VH1's "Black Ink Crew: Chicago" Returns for Season Two on Monday, October 3rd at 9PM ET/PT
Returning to VH1's Monday night lineup, the first season ranked as one of cable's Top 10 reality shows.

[09/30/16 - 02:30 PM]
Gordon Ramsay's "The F Word" to Air Live in 2017 on FOX
Based on his hit U.K. series of the same name, each distinctive and fast-paced hour will combine good food and good cooking with Ramsay's passion, energy and humor into a one-of-a-kind live series.

[09/30/16 - 01:47 PM]
Damon Gupton Joins the Cast of "Criminal Minds"
Gupton will play Special Agent Stephen Walker from the Behavioral Analysis Program which is the counterintelligence division of the FBI.

[09/30/16 - 01:08 PM]
TV One Joins Rev. Al Sharpton and the National Action Network for the 2016 Triumph Awards Airing Sunday, Oct. 2 at 7 P.M. ET
Actress and advocate Tichina Arnold returned to host this year's broadcast, filmed on Sunday, September 18 at the historic Tabernacle in Atlanta.

[09/30/16 - 11:05 AM]
John Legend Guest Stars in Season Two of WGN America's Hit Series "Underground"
Legend, who also serves as executive producer on the gripping series, will portray iconic abolitionist, orator and author Frederick Douglass.

[09/30/16 - 10:48 AM]
A New Batch of Talented Bakers Aim to "Sleigh" the Competition on New Season of "Holiday Baking Championship"
The new season kicks off Sunday, November 6 at 9:00/8:00c on Food Network.

[09/30/16 - 10:11 AM]
Video: Showtime(R) Releases a New "Twin Peaks" Teaser Featuring Acclaimed Composer Angelo Badalamenti
Badalamenti will return as composer for the new series, which will premiere on Showtime in 2017, on-air, on demand and over the internet.

[09/30/16 - 09:27 AM]
Olivia Williams and Harry Lloyd Join JK Simmons in Starz & MRC's Spy Thriller "Counterpart"
Plus: Academy Award(R) nominee Morten Tyldum (The Imitation Game, Passengers) will direct the first episode.

[09/30/16 - 08:57 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: "Grey's Anatomy" Tops Viewers, Demos for ABC
The Alphabet's mainstay and NBC's "The Blacklist" are the only series to post year-to-year gains among adults 18-49.

[09/30/16 - 08:38 AM]
Centuries-Old Homes Return to Their Former Glory in DIY Network's "Restoring Charleston"
Premiering on Wednesday, October 5, the series follows Trent Fasnacht and his team as they tear out old additions and rotten materials to recreate homes as the first builder intended.

[09/30/16 - 08:13 AM]
Video: Netflix's "The Ranch Part 2" Trailer Is Here
The series returns with 10 new episodes Friday, October 7, everywhere where Netflix is available.

[09/30/16 - 08:00 AM]
"Snowfall" Ordered to Series on FX
Production on the 10-episode first season will begin in October and debut on FX in 2017.

[09/30/16 - 07:32 AM]
Supermodel Naomi Campbell to Be Featured in a Recurring Role on FOX's New Series, "Star"
Campbell will play the role of "Rose Spencer," the beautiful, wealthy and cultivated London-born mother of "Alexandra."

[09/30/16 - 03:43 AM]
SundanceTV Announces New Six Part Series "Liar" from Two Brothers Pictures Starring Joanne Froggatt and Ioan Gruffudd
"Liar" tells the story of a night that changes the lives of Laura Newell (Joanne Froggatt) and Andrew Ellis (Ioan Gruffudd) forever.

[09/29/16 - 01:47 PM]
Actress Monica Potter Renovates Her Childhood Home in New HGTV Series "Welcome Back Potter"
Premiering on Tuesday, October 11, the series follows Monica, her mom, Nancy, and three outspoken sisters, Jessica, Brigette and Kerry, as they tackle the massive whole-home renovation.