[06/06/07 - 02:20 PM]
Golden Globe Winner Kyra Sedgwick Joins Bravo's Inside the Actors Studio Monday, June 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT
During her wide-ranging interview with Lipton, Sedgwick reveals what life is like being married to movie star [Kevin Bacon], working with Tom Cruise on "Born on the Fourth Of July," and how she prepared for her role in the hit television series "The Closer," among other topics.

[via press release from Bravo]

GOLDEN GLOBE WINNER KYRA SEDGWICK JOINS BRAVO'S INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO MONDAY, JUNE 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT

www.BravoTV.com Offers Exclusive Bonus Clips "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio"

NEW YORK � June 6, 2007 � Bravo's 12-time Emmy-nominated series, "Inside the Actor's Studio" welcomes Golden Globe winner Kyra Sedgwick to the stage on Monday, June 11, 2007 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Host James Lipton takes an in-depth look at Sedgwick's life and career, discussing the actress's three-pronged profession on the big screen, little screen and on the stage. Viewers can catch "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio" at www.BravoTV.com, for exclusive bonus clips of Sedgwick's interview. Photography is available on Media Village at www.nbcmv.com/bravo.

Following are excerpts from the interview:

ON HER FIRST IMPRESSION OF HUSBAND KEVIN BACON

"I thought he was cocky and unreal and, I thought it was all a front... but for him it was instant lust, he said."

ON THE KEVIN BACON 6 DEGREES OF SEPARATION GAME

"I tolerate it."

ON WORKING WITH TOM CRUISE ON "BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY"

"Oh, he was extraordinary. He was a powerhouse. He had more energy than I'd seen from anybody."

ON WHEN SHE KNEW SHE WANTED TO BE AN ACTRESS

"Well, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was in eighth grade and I did "Fiddler On the Roof"�it was as if my soul had come out of my body and was dancing around the room. It was an experience that I'd never had before. It was just pure joy. There was nothing else I wanted to do ever. I knew it."

ON HOW SHE GOT HER ROLE IN "THE CLOSER"

"It came to me kicking and screaming. I didn't want to read something that's good and shoots in LA for six months out of the year. So, I said don't send it. After months I said, all right, send it and it was great."

ON HOW SHE PREPARED TO PLAY A DEPUTY CHIEF OF POLICE

"I spent a lot of time with a detective at a special homicide division of the L.A.P.D., who is on the set all the time now. I went around with him in his car for a while."

ON HAVING A SUCCESSFUL CAREER AND MARRIAGE IN HOLLYWOOD

"I just think I met the right person, my soul mate, and I think he did too, he makes me laugh, and I love him so much. He's a beautiful human being and we let each other grow. I think that's also a really big part of it, too."

Sedgwick was born in New York and attended private schools. She is a great-granddaughter of Endicott Peabody, the founder of the Groton School, a niece of the writer John Sedgwick, and also a cousin of Edie Sedgwick, a star of Andy Warhol's early films. A graduate of USC, Kyra pursued a career that includes Stage, Screen and Television.

She made her professional acting debut, at 16, on the soap "Another World" (1964). Her first brush with stardom came in "Born on the Fourth of July" (1989) as Donna, the high school sweetheart of Tom Cruise. Two of her more acclaimed TV projects were "Lemon Sky," a 1987 drama that also served to introduce her to her future husband Kevin Bacon, who was cast as her half-brother, and 1992's "Miss Rose White," which starred Sedgwick as a Jewish career woman in search of her past. During the 1990s, she appeared in several minor Hollywood movies, such as "Something to Talk About" and "Phenomenon." Two of her roles led to Golden Globe nominations � "Miss Rose White." and "Something to Talk About." Sedgwick scored another "big break" that she would long be remembered for when Cameron Crowe cast her as the female lead in his film "Singles."

In 2005 Sedgwick took on the role of Deputy Police Chief Brenda Johnson who runs the Priority Homicide Division of the LAPD with an unorthodox style. In 2007, she received a Golden Globe award for her performance as lead actress in "The Closer."

[june 2007]

· CLOSER, THE (TNT)
· INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO (BRAVO)

[12/18/14 - 02:07 PM]
ABC Family to Air an Exclusive Look at the "Pretty Little Liars" Winter Premiere During "The Hunger Games" on Monday, December 29
The network's flagship series returns Tuesday, January 6 at 8:00/7:00c.

[12/18/14 - 01:13 PM]
British TV Star Chronicles Body Transformation in Two-Part TLC Special "Fat and Back" (WT)
Said installments are set for Thursday, January 18 and 25 at 10:00/9:00c.

[12/18/14 - 11:01 AM]
"The Tonight Show" Handily Outperforms ABC, CBS Timeslot Competition for Week of Dec. 8-12
NBC spins the late-night numbers for the week of December 8-12.

[12/18/14 - 10:18 AM]
Video: All-New Promo for Season Two of "Salem" Set to Return to WGN America in April
In the spot, Mercy transforms the symbol of her torment at the hands of the town's witches into a signal of the Witch War to come.

[12/18/14 - 10:01 AM]
TBS Wins 2014 as Basic Cable's #1 Entertainment Network with Adults 18-49
Turner spins the numbers for the year to date.

[12/18/14 - 09:40 AM]
USA Network Continues Unprecedented Ratings Streak with 9th Consecutive Year as #1 in Cable in Total Viewers
USA spins the numbers for the year to date.

[12/18/14 - 09:14 AM]
New Five-Part ESPN Series "Snoop & Son: A Dad's Dream" Set for January 14
The series will air four consecutive Wednesday nights at 7 p.m. ET on ESPN (re-airs on ESPNU) with a fifth and final episode airing in mid-February.

[12/18/14 - 09:09 AM]
Spike TV and Ace Hardware Announce Major Partnership for the Network's Innovative New Series, "Framework"
The series will showcase the nation's best emerging furniture designers as they compete for a $100,000 cash prize and the opportunity to launch their furniture nationally.

[12/18/14 - 09:03 AM]
New Season of "Brain Games" Tunes Up Your Brain to Give You the Upper Hand, Starting Jan. 19 at 9 PM
Host Jason Silva will be taking you behind the scenes of mind-blowing hidden camera social experiments that reveal startling truths about your own brain and the brains of people around you.

[12/18/14 - 09:01 AM]
Beth Behrs, Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting, Ellen Degeneres, Kat Dennings, Kevin Hart, Hunter Hayes, The Band Perry and More to Attend "People's Choice Awards 2015"
The event, airing Wednesday, January 7, will be hosted by Anna Faris and Allison Janney.

[12/18/14 - 09:01 AM]
"Bachelor" and "Bachelorette" Couples, Fan Favorites and Host Chris Harrison Will Share Their Love With Millions of Viewers on the First-Ever "Bachelor" Float in the 126th Rose Parade(R)
Chris Soules, Trista and Ryan Sutter, Jason and Molly Mesnick, Desiree Hartsock and Chris Siegfried are among those participating.

[12/18/14 - 09:00 AM]
Hulu Announces Exclusive Multi-Year Licensing Agreement with Twentieth Century Fox Television Distribution for FX Networks' Original Series Produced by FX Productions
Said pact includes the studio's upcoming series "Man Seeking Woman," "The Comedians," "Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll," "Taboo" and "Wayward Pines."

[12/18/14 - 08:44 AM]
"The Sing-Off" Ties for #2 in Its Slot Among the Big 4 in Adults 18-49
NBC spins the numbers for Wednesday, December 17.

[12/18/14 - 08:39 AM]
Wednesday's Broadcast Ratings: "Survivor" Wraps Season on Top for CBS
The Eye leads the night in both total viewers and adults 18-49.

[12/18/14 - 08:26 AM]
Alfonso Ribeiro Comes to Cooking Channel in New Year with "Unwrapped 2.0"
The newcomer launches Monday, February 2 at 10:00/9:00c on the network.