[06/06/07 - 02:20 PM]
Golden Globe Winner Kyra Sedgwick Joins Bravo's Inside the Actors Studio Monday, June 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT
During her wide-ranging interview with Lipton, Sedgwick reveals what life is like being married to movie star [Kevin Bacon], working with Tom Cruise on "Born on the Fourth Of July," and how she prepared for her role in the hit television series "The Closer," among other topics.

[via press release from Bravo]

GOLDEN GLOBE WINNER KYRA SEDGWICK JOINS BRAVO'S INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO MONDAY, JUNE 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT

www.BravoTV.com Offers Exclusive Bonus Clips "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio"

NEW YORK � June 6, 2007 � Bravo's 12-time Emmy-nominated series, "Inside the Actor's Studio" welcomes Golden Globe winner Kyra Sedgwick to the stage on Monday, June 11, 2007 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Host James Lipton takes an in-depth look at Sedgwick's life and career, discussing the actress's three-pronged profession on the big screen, little screen and on the stage. Viewers can catch "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio" at www.BravoTV.com, for exclusive bonus clips of Sedgwick's interview. Photography is available on Media Village at www.nbcmv.com/bravo.

Following are excerpts from the interview:

ON HER FIRST IMPRESSION OF HUSBAND KEVIN BACON

"I thought he was cocky and unreal and, I thought it was all a front... but for him it was instant lust, he said."

ON THE KEVIN BACON 6 DEGREES OF SEPARATION GAME

"I tolerate it."

ON WORKING WITH TOM CRUISE ON "BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY"

"Oh, he was extraordinary. He was a powerhouse. He had more energy than I'd seen from anybody."

ON WHEN SHE KNEW SHE WANTED TO BE AN ACTRESS

"Well, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was in eighth grade and I did "Fiddler On the Roof"�it was as if my soul had come out of my body and was dancing around the room. It was an experience that I'd never had before. It was just pure joy. There was nothing else I wanted to do ever. I knew it."

ON HOW SHE GOT HER ROLE IN "THE CLOSER"

"It came to me kicking and screaming. I didn't want to read something that's good and shoots in LA for six months out of the year. So, I said don't send it. After months I said, all right, send it and it was great."

ON HOW SHE PREPARED TO PLAY A DEPUTY CHIEF OF POLICE

"I spent a lot of time with a detective at a special homicide division of the L.A.P.D., who is on the set all the time now. I went around with him in his car for a while."

ON HAVING A SUCCESSFUL CAREER AND MARRIAGE IN HOLLYWOOD

"I just think I met the right person, my soul mate, and I think he did too, he makes me laugh, and I love him so much. He's a beautiful human being and we let each other grow. I think that's also a really big part of it, too."

Sedgwick was born in New York and attended private schools. She is a great-granddaughter of Endicott Peabody, the founder of the Groton School, a niece of the writer John Sedgwick, and also a cousin of Edie Sedgwick, a star of Andy Warhol's early films. A graduate of USC, Kyra pursued a career that includes Stage, Screen and Television.

She made her professional acting debut, at 16, on the soap "Another World" (1964). Her first brush with stardom came in "Born on the Fourth of July" (1989) as Donna, the high school sweetheart of Tom Cruise. Two of her more acclaimed TV projects were "Lemon Sky," a 1987 drama that also served to introduce her to her future husband Kevin Bacon, who was cast as her half-brother, and 1992's "Miss Rose White," which starred Sedgwick as a Jewish career woman in search of her past. During the 1990s, she appeared in several minor Hollywood movies, such as "Something to Talk About" and "Phenomenon." Two of her roles led to Golden Globe nominations � "Miss Rose White." and "Something to Talk About." Sedgwick scored another "big break" that she would long be remembered for when Cameron Crowe cast her as the female lead in his film "Singles."

In 2005 Sedgwick took on the role of Deputy Police Chief Brenda Johnson who runs the Priority Homicide Division of the LAPD with an unorthodox style. In 2007, she received a Golden Globe award for her performance as lead actress in "The Closer."

[june 2007]

· CLOSER, THE (TNT)
· INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO (BRAVO)

[07/30/16 - 09:15 AM]
Cinemax Drama Series "Quarry" Debuts Sept. 9
Logan Marshall-Green stars as Mac Conway, aka Quarry, who is trying to readapt to normal society after Vietnam.

[07/30/16 - 09:14 AM]
HBO Announces Documentary Lineup for the Second Half of 2016
Kent Jones, Marc Levin, Daphne Pinkerson, Timothy Greenfield-Sanders and Jon Alpert are among the featured auspices.

[07/30/16 - 09:13 AM]
HBO to Make Entire Run of Landmark Series "The Larry Sanders Show" Available Starting in September
HBO completed the deal to present the entire run of the acclaimed series on March 23, 2016, the day before Shandling's untimely passing.

[07/30/16 - 09:12 AM]
HBO Renews "Real Time with Bill Maher" Through 2018
Currently averaging 4.4 million viewers, "Real Time" is enjoying its most-watched season since the show's 2003 debut season.

[07/30/16 - 09:11 AM]
Comedy Series "Insecure," Created by and Starring Issa Rae, Debuts Oct. 9, Exclusively on HBO
Rae stars as Issa and Yvonne Orji stars as Molly on the show, which explores the black female experience in an unclichéd and authentic way.

[07/30/16 - 09:10 AM]
Sarah Jessica Parker Returns to HBO in the New Comedy Series "Divorce," Debuting Oct. 9
Thomas Haden Church stars as Robert, Frances' (Parker) husband, who is struggling to cope with their marriage falling apart.

[07/30/16 - 09:09 AM]
Drama Series "Westworld" Debuts Oct. 2 on HBO
The series was inspired by the 1973 motion picture "Westworld," written and directed by Michael Crichton.

[07/30/16 - 08:59 AM]
Friday's Broadcast Ratings: ABC, NBC Share Demo Crown
"Dateline NBC" and "Primetime: What Would You Do?" lead the night among adults 18-49.

[07/29/16 - 01:46 PM]
Vice President Joe Biden to Appear on "Law & Order: SVU"
The Vice President will appear as himself in a press conference scene where he commends the SVU, led by Lt. Olivia Benson, for their work in addressing the national rape kit backlog, specifically in the city of Detroit.

[07/29/16 - 01:37 PM]
2.5 Million Watch "Hell on Wheels" Drive Its Last Spike
AMC further spins the numbers for Saturday, July 23.

[07/29/16 - 01:03 PM]
National Geographic Channel Greenlights Global Scripted Event Series Based on Martha Raddatz's New York Times Best-Seller, "The Long Road Home"
Screenwriter Mikko Alanne ("The 33") is adapting and also executive producing this epic story of survival for television.

[07/29/16 - 01:02 PM]
National Geographic Channel, Imagine Entertainment and RadicalMedia Redefine Television Storytelling with "Mars" - An Unprecedented Global Event Series
The project premieres on the National Geographic Channel in 171 countries and 45 languages this November.

[07/29/16 - 01:01 PM]
USA Network Sets "Chrisley Knows Best" Mid-Season Return for Tuesday, August 23 with Two New Back-to-Back Episodes
The network previously extended the current season, bringing the total to 26 episodes, and has already announced a pick up for a Season 5, set to air next year.

[07/29/16 - 12:12 PM]
Animal Planet Celebrates "World Lion Day" with a Marathon of Lion Programming on August 10
Highlights include the all-new special "Clash of Africa's Giants," which gives audiences a look inside the lives of one of Africa's growing prides on a quest for survival.

[07/29/16 - 11:45 AM]
FOX Orders Second Season of Competition Series "American Grit"
Season two is currently casting the next group of men and women who are ready to find their inner strength and transform their lives for the better.