[06/06/07 - 02:20 PM]
Golden Globe Winner Kyra Sedgwick Joins Bravo's Inside the Actors Studio Monday, June 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT
During her wide-ranging interview with Lipton, Sedgwick reveals what life is like being married to movie star [Kevin Bacon], working with Tom Cruise on "Born on the Fourth Of July," and how she prepared for her role in the hit television series "The Closer," among other topics.

[via press release from Bravo]

GOLDEN GLOBE WINNER KYRA SEDGWICK JOINS BRAVO'S INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO MONDAY, JUNE 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT

www.BravoTV.com Offers Exclusive Bonus Clips "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio"

NEW YORK � June 6, 2007 � Bravo's 12-time Emmy-nominated series, "Inside the Actor's Studio" welcomes Golden Globe winner Kyra Sedgwick to the stage on Monday, June 11, 2007 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Host James Lipton takes an in-depth look at Sedgwick's life and career, discussing the actress's three-pronged profession on the big screen, little screen and on the stage. Viewers can catch "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio" at www.BravoTV.com, for exclusive bonus clips of Sedgwick's interview. Photography is available on Media Village at www.nbcmv.com/bravo.

Following are excerpts from the interview:

ON HER FIRST IMPRESSION OF HUSBAND KEVIN BACON

"I thought he was cocky and unreal and, I thought it was all a front... but for him it was instant lust, he said."

ON THE KEVIN BACON 6 DEGREES OF SEPARATION GAME

"I tolerate it."

ON WORKING WITH TOM CRUISE ON "BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY"

"Oh, he was extraordinary. He was a powerhouse. He had more energy than I'd seen from anybody."

ON WHEN SHE KNEW SHE WANTED TO BE AN ACTRESS

"Well, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was in eighth grade and I did "Fiddler On the Roof"�it was as if my soul had come out of my body and was dancing around the room. It was an experience that I'd never had before. It was just pure joy. There was nothing else I wanted to do ever. I knew it."

ON HOW SHE GOT HER ROLE IN "THE CLOSER"

"It came to me kicking and screaming. I didn't want to read something that's good and shoots in LA for six months out of the year. So, I said don't send it. After months I said, all right, send it and it was great."

ON HOW SHE PREPARED TO PLAY A DEPUTY CHIEF OF POLICE

"I spent a lot of time with a detective at a special homicide division of the L.A.P.D., who is on the set all the time now. I went around with him in his car for a while."

ON HAVING A SUCCESSFUL CAREER AND MARRIAGE IN HOLLYWOOD

"I just think I met the right person, my soul mate, and I think he did too, he makes me laugh, and I love him so much. He's a beautiful human being and we let each other grow. I think that's also a really big part of it, too."

Sedgwick was born in New York and attended private schools. She is a great-granddaughter of Endicott Peabody, the founder of the Groton School, a niece of the writer John Sedgwick, and also a cousin of Edie Sedgwick, a star of Andy Warhol's early films. A graduate of USC, Kyra pursued a career that includes Stage, Screen and Television.

She made her professional acting debut, at 16, on the soap "Another World" (1964). Her first brush with stardom came in "Born on the Fourth of July" (1989) as Donna, the high school sweetheart of Tom Cruise. Two of her more acclaimed TV projects were "Lemon Sky," a 1987 drama that also served to introduce her to her future husband Kevin Bacon, who was cast as her half-brother, and 1992's "Miss Rose White," which starred Sedgwick as a Jewish career woman in search of her past. During the 1990s, she appeared in several minor Hollywood movies, such as "Something to Talk About" and "Phenomenon." Two of her roles led to Golden Globe nominations � "Miss Rose White." and "Something to Talk About." Sedgwick scored another "big break" that she would long be remembered for when Cameron Crowe cast her as the female lead in his film "Singles."

In 2005 Sedgwick took on the role of Deputy Police Chief Brenda Johnson who runs the Priority Homicide Division of the LAPD with an unorthodox style. In 2007, she received a Golden Globe award for her performance as lead actress in "The Closer."

[june 2007]

· CLOSER, THE (TNT)
· INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO (BRAVO)

[11/23/14 - 08:57 AM]
Saturday's Broadcast Ratings: "Saturday Night Football" Tops Demos for ABC
The Alphabet leads the night among adults 18-49 for the second week in a row.

[11/23/14 - 08:54 AM]
"Saturday Night Live," with Host Cameron Diaz, Ranks As the Night's #1 Telecast on the Big 4 Networks in 18-49
NBC spins the numbers for Saturday, November 22.

[11/22/14 - 09:02 AM]
"Constantine" Jumps 38% Week to Week in Adults 18-49 to Hit Its Highest Rating Since Its Series Debut
NBC spins the numbers for Friday, November 21.

[11/22/14 - 08:45 AM]
Friday's Broadcast Ratings: ABC Tops Demos for Fourth Consecutive Week
The network's "Shark Tank" posts a 2.0 rating among adults 18-49.

[11/22/14 - 08:39 AM]
ABC Wins Friday for November Sweep in Adults 18-49 - Hits Season Highs Across the Night
ABC spins the numbers for Friday, November 21.

[11/21/14 - 03:07 PM]
Netflix to Premiere Globally in March 2015 the New Tina Fey and Robert Carlock Comedy Series Starring Ellie Kemper
"Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" was originally slated to premiere on NBC and instead will now launch exclusively across all Netflix territories.

[11/21/14 - 01:30 PM]
Disney XD to Sneak Preview New Original Series "Penn Zero: Part-Time Hero" on Friday, December 5
Emmy Award-winner Henry Winkler guest stars as The Snowman.

[11/21/14 - 01:28 PM]
Feast with the Titans in a Special Thanksgiving Episode of "Teen Titans Go!" Airing Wednesday, November 26, at 5:30 p.m. ET/PT
In addition, the Titans have a lot to be thankful for as the action-comedy series continues to be a strong performer on Cartoon Network.

[11/21/14 - 01:08 PM]
Emmy(R) and Tony Award(R) Winner Ellen Barkin to Guest Star on "Happyish" on Showtime(R)
She's set as Dani Kirschenbloom, a headhunter who works closely with Thom Payne (Steve Coogan).

[11/21/14 - 12:52 PM]
CBS Celebrates the Holidays with Very Merry Episodes
These original episodes join the previously announced holiday music specials as well as perennial holiday favorites.

[11/21/14 - 12:02 PM]
VH1 to Air Special Encore Presentation of "Behind the Music: Aaliyah" on Sunday, November 23, 2014 at 6PM and 10PM
Aaliyah's family members participated in the original production in 2001 and her brother approved the additions made in the updated 2012 version, which will be seen on Sunday.

[11/21/14 - 11:00 AM]
Season Three Premiere of Bounce TV's "Off The Chain" Series Reaches Over 1.7 Million Viewers
Bounce TV spins the numbers for Wednesday, November 19.

[11/21/14 - 10:24 AM]
OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network Announces 2015 Premiere Dates for Returning Favorite Series and an All-New Network Special
"The Haves and the Have Nots," "Love Thy Neighbor" and "Raising Whitley" are among the returning class.

[11/21/14 - 10:06 AM]
Spike TV to Premiere "Lip Sync Battle" from Jimmy Fallon's Eight Million Plus Productions, John Krasinski and Stephen Merchant
The announcement was made by Jimmy Fallon last night on "The Tonight Show" during his interview with Stephen Merchant.

[11/21/14 - 10:06 AM]
"Home & Family" Primetime Holiday Special Premieres on Hallmark Channel November 24th
Candace Cameron Bure, Lacey Chabert, Genie Francis and Marilu Henner are among the scheduled guests.