[06/06/07 - 02:20 PM]
Golden Globe Winner Kyra Sedgwick Joins Bravo's Inside the Actors Studio Monday, June 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT
During her wide-ranging interview with Lipton, Sedgwick reveals what life is like being married to movie star [Kevin Bacon], working with Tom Cruise on "Born on the Fourth Of July," and how she prepared for her role in the hit television series "The Closer," among other topics.

[via press release from Bravo]

GOLDEN GLOBE WINNER KYRA SEDGWICK JOINS BRAVO'S INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO MONDAY, JUNE 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT

www.BravoTV.com Offers Exclusive Bonus Clips "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio"

NEW YORK � June 6, 2007 � Bravo's 12-time Emmy-nominated series, "Inside the Actor's Studio" welcomes Golden Globe winner Kyra Sedgwick to the stage on Monday, June 11, 2007 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Host James Lipton takes an in-depth look at Sedgwick's life and career, discussing the actress's three-pronged profession on the big screen, little screen and on the stage. Viewers can catch "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio" at www.BravoTV.com, for exclusive bonus clips of Sedgwick's interview. Photography is available on Media Village at www.nbcmv.com/bravo.

Following are excerpts from the interview:

ON HER FIRST IMPRESSION OF HUSBAND KEVIN BACON

"I thought he was cocky and unreal and, I thought it was all a front... but for him it was instant lust, he said."

ON THE KEVIN BACON 6 DEGREES OF SEPARATION GAME

"I tolerate it."

ON WORKING WITH TOM CRUISE ON "BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY"

"Oh, he was extraordinary. He was a powerhouse. He had more energy than I'd seen from anybody."

ON WHEN SHE KNEW SHE WANTED TO BE AN ACTRESS

"Well, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was in eighth grade and I did "Fiddler On the Roof"�it was as if my soul had come out of my body and was dancing around the room. It was an experience that I'd never had before. It was just pure joy. There was nothing else I wanted to do ever. I knew it."

ON HOW SHE GOT HER ROLE IN "THE CLOSER"

"It came to me kicking and screaming. I didn't want to read something that's good and shoots in LA for six months out of the year. So, I said don't send it. After months I said, all right, send it and it was great."

ON HOW SHE PREPARED TO PLAY A DEPUTY CHIEF OF POLICE

"I spent a lot of time with a detective at a special homicide division of the L.A.P.D., who is on the set all the time now. I went around with him in his car for a while."

ON HAVING A SUCCESSFUL CAREER AND MARRIAGE IN HOLLYWOOD

"I just think I met the right person, my soul mate, and I think he did too, he makes me laugh, and I love him so much. He's a beautiful human being and we let each other grow. I think that's also a really big part of it, too."

Sedgwick was born in New York and attended private schools. She is a great-granddaughter of Endicott Peabody, the founder of the Groton School, a niece of the writer John Sedgwick, and also a cousin of Edie Sedgwick, a star of Andy Warhol's early films. A graduate of USC, Kyra pursued a career that includes Stage, Screen and Television.

She made her professional acting debut, at 16, on the soap "Another World" (1964). Her first brush with stardom came in "Born on the Fourth of July" (1989) as Donna, the high school sweetheart of Tom Cruise. Two of her more acclaimed TV projects were "Lemon Sky," a 1987 drama that also served to introduce her to her future husband Kevin Bacon, who was cast as her half-brother, and 1992's "Miss Rose White," which starred Sedgwick as a Jewish career woman in search of her past. During the 1990s, she appeared in several minor Hollywood movies, such as "Something to Talk About" and "Phenomenon." Two of her roles led to Golden Globe nominations � "Miss Rose White." and "Something to Talk About." Sedgwick scored another "big break" that she would long be remembered for when Cameron Crowe cast her as the female lead in his film "Singles."

In 2005 Sedgwick took on the role of Deputy Police Chief Brenda Johnson who runs the Priority Homicide Division of the LAPD with an unorthodox style. In 2007, she received a Golden Globe award for her performance as lead actress in "The Closer."

[june 2007]

· CLOSER, THE (TNT)
· INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO (BRAVO)

[07/22/14 - 01:49 PM]
Hide the Donuts! FXX Is Bringing Homer Simpson's Dome to Comic-Con
Starting in August, FXX will become the cable network home for all seasons of "The Simpsons," excluding seasons airing in their first run on FOX.

[07/22/14 - 01:47 PM]
HGTV Still Tops on Sundays - "Flipping the Block" One of HGTV's "Best Series Premieres Ever"
HGTV spins the numbers for Sunday, July 20.

[07/22/14 - 01:14 PM]
Velocity's Hit Car Restoration Series "FantomWorks" Returns for Season Two on Sunday, July 27 at 9 and 10 PM ET/PT
Dan Short and his team kick-off Velocity's week-long summer programming event "Dream Car Week" with all-new back-to-back episodes from season two.

[07/22/14 - 12:10 PM]
Virtual Reality Meets Middle Earth - And The Muppets (!) at Warner Bros.' Star-Packed Booth for Comic-Con 2014
Plus: from Thursday through Sunday, a cavalcade of talent will be signing for fans at the Warner Bros. booth.

[07/22/14 - 12:04 PM]
Spike TV's "Comic-Con All Access" to Be Programmed and Controlled by Fans Via Social Media
Additionally, Spike will celebrate the industries "Game Changer of the Year," as voted by the fans.

[07/22/14 - 11:34 AM]
Adult Swim Once Again Ranks #1 Among Basic Cable Networks for Primetime Delivery of Adults 18-34
Turner spins the numbers for the week of July 14-20.

[07/22/14 - 11:20 AM]
TNT Wins Fourth Week in a Row, with "Major Crimes," "Rizzoli & Isles" and "The Last Ship" Leading the Pack
TNT spins the numbers for the week of July 14-20.

[07/22/14 - 11:16 AM]
Hilarious Roastmaster Jeff Ross Mentors Comics to Roast Famed Funnyman Gilbert Gottfried on NBC's "Last Comic Standing" Thursday, July 24
The result is a no-holds barred, hilarious night of comedy at the Avalon Ballroom in Hollywood, where the comics roast not only Gottfried, but also each other.

[07/22/14 - 11:13 AM]
Premiere of New American Heroes Channel Series "Gunslingers" Breaks Network Record for P2+ and HH Delivery
American Heroes Channel spins the numbers for Sunday, July 20.

[07/22/14 - 11:12 AM]
HBO Confirms Sept. 20 Debut for "On the Run Tour: Beyonce and Jay Z"
Featuring the superstars in their first collaborative tour - and their first HBO concert event - the special will tape September 12 and 13 at Stade de France in Paris.

[07/22/14 - 10:32 AM]
PBS Arts Fall Festival 2014 Kicks Off September 26
Entering its fourth season, the PBS Arts Fall Festival has become a Friday night fall tradition, reaching more than 33 million viewers since its conception in 2011.

[07/22/14 - 10:31 AM]
PBS and BBC Worldwide North America Sign Deal to Bring Fourth Season of "Call the Midwife" to U.S.
Look for a special holiday episode on Sunday, December 28 followed by season four on Sunday, March 29.

[07/22/14 - 10:30 AM]
PBS Announces New Series: "The Brain with Dr. David Eagleman"
The show will premiere in 2015 as part of the PBS "Think Wednesday" lineup of science and nature programming.

[07/22/14 - 10:29 AM]
New PBS Documentary Reveals the Untold Story of the U.S. Navy SEALs
The two-hour special premiers on Veterans Day, Tuesday, November 11 at 9:00/8:00c.

[07/22/14 - 10:28 AM]
PBS and "American Experience" Announce "Walt Disney" to Premiere Fall 2015
The film features rare archival footage from the Disney vaults, scenes from some of his greatest films, and includes interviews with animators and artists who worked with him.