[06/06/07 - 02:20 PM]
Golden Globe Winner Kyra Sedgwick Joins Bravo's Inside the Actors Studio Monday, June 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT
During her wide-ranging interview with Lipton, Sedgwick reveals what life is like being married to movie star [Kevin Bacon], working with Tom Cruise on "Born on the Fourth Of July," and how she prepared for her role in the hit television series "The Closer," among other topics.

[via press release from Bravo]

GOLDEN GLOBE WINNER KYRA SEDGWICK JOINS BRAVO'S INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO MONDAY, JUNE 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT

www.BravoTV.com Offers Exclusive Bonus Clips "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio"

NEW YORK � June 6, 2007 � Bravo's 12-time Emmy-nominated series, "Inside the Actor's Studio" welcomes Golden Globe winner Kyra Sedgwick to the stage on Monday, June 11, 2007 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Host James Lipton takes an in-depth look at Sedgwick's life and career, discussing the actress's three-pronged profession on the big screen, little screen and on the stage. Viewers can catch "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio" at www.BravoTV.com, for exclusive bonus clips of Sedgwick's interview. Photography is available on Media Village at www.nbcmv.com/bravo.

Following are excerpts from the interview:

ON HER FIRST IMPRESSION OF HUSBAND KEVIN BACON

"I thought he was cocky and unreal and, I thought it was all a front... but for him it was instant lust, he said."

ON THE KEVIN BACON 6 DEGREES OF SEPARATION GAME

"I tolerate it."

ON WORKING WITH TOM CRUISE ON "BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY"

"Oh, he was extraordinary. He was a powerhouse. He had more energy than I'd seen from anybody."

ON WHEN SHE KNEW SHE WANTED TO BE AN ACTRESS

"Well, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was in eighth grade and I did "Fiddler On the Roof"�it was as if my soul had come out of my body and was dancing around the room. It was an experience that I'd never had before. It was just pure joy. There was nothing else I wanted to do ever. I knew it."

ON HOW SHE GOT HER ROLE IN "THE CLOSER"

"It came to me kicking and screaming. I didn't want to read something that's good and shoots in LA for six months out of the year. So, I said don't send it. After months I said, all right, send it and it was great."

ON HOW SHE PREPARED TO PLAY A DEPUTY CHIEF OF POLICE

"I spent a lot of time with a detective at a special homicide division of the L.A.P.D., who is on the set all the time now. I went around with him in his car for a while."

ON HAVING A SUCCESSFUL CAREER AND MARRIAGE IN HOLLYWOOD

"I just think I met the right person, my soul mate, and I think he did too, he makes me laugh, and I love him so much. He's a beautiful human being and we let each other grow. I think that's also a really big part of it, too."

Sedgwick was born in New York and attended private schools. She is a great-granddaughter of Endicott Peabody, the founder of the Groton School, a niece of the writer John Sedgwick, and also a cousin of Edie Sedgwick, a star of Andy Warhol's early films. A graduate of USC, Kyra pursued a career that includes Stage, Screen and Television.

She made her professional acting debut, at 16, on the soap "Another World" (1964). Her first brush with stardom came in "Born on the Fourth of July" (1989) as Donna, the high school sweetheart of Tom Cruise. Two of her more acclaimed TV projects were "Lemon Sky," a 1987 drama that also served to introduce her to her future husband Kevin Bacon, who was cast as her half-brother, and 1992's "Miss Rose White," which starred Sedgwick as a Jewish career woman in search of her past. During the 1990s, she appeared in several minor Hollywood movies, such as "Something to Talk About" and "Phenomenon." Two of her roles led to Golden Globe nominations � "Miss Rose White." and "Something to Talk About." Sedgwick scored another "big break" that she would long be remembered for when Cameron Crowe cast her as the female lead in his film "Singles."

In 2005 Sedgwick took on the role of Deputy Police Chief Brenda Johnson who runs the Priority Homicide Division of the LAPD with an unorthodox style. In 2007, she received a Golden Globe award for her performance as lead actress in "The Closer."

[june 2007]

· CLOSER, THE (TNT)
· INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO (BRAVO)

[07/17/18 - 09:13 AM]
Adult Swim Festival Adds Mastodon, Neko Case, Flying Lotus, T-PAIN, and More
11 new musical headliners will be joining hip-hop powerhouse Run The Jewels for the first annual Adult Swim Festival in Downtown Los Angeles, October 6-7.

[07/17/18 - 09:04 AM]
Netflix Announces First Slate of Series and Films Based on the Stories of Mark Millar
"Jupiter's Legacy" and "American Jesus" are both on tap as TV series adaptations.

[07/17/18 - 08:10 AM]
Monday's Broadcast Ratings: "The Bachelorette" Keeps ABC on Top
The Alphabet wins the night among total viewers and adults 18-49.

[07/17/18 - 07:29 AM]
Vanilla Ice Is Back on DIY Network with a New Season of "The Vanilla Ice Project" Premiering Aug. 11
The fresh 10 episodes star Vanilla Ice and his team of "construction ninjas" as they transform a derelict 1970s house into an ultra-modern, state-of-the-art home with over-the-top amenities.

[07/17/18 - 07:01 AM]
Nickelodeon and Paramount Players to Bring "Rugrats" Back for the Next Generation of Kids with an All-New TV Series and Feature Film
Original creators Arlene Klasky, Gábor Csupó and Paul Germain will return to the TV series as executive producers.

[07/17/18 - 06:30 AM]
The "61st Annual Grammy Awards(R)" Returns to Los Angeles Sunday, Feb. 10, 2019, Live from the Staples Center on CBS
Nominations will be announced in all 84 categories on Wednesday, December 5.

[07/16/18 - 02:30 PM]
Paramount Network's "Yellowstone" Notches Series High Ratings
Paramount Network further spins the numbers for Wednesday, July 11.

[07/16/18 - 02:09 PM]
A Statement from Showtime Networks on "Who Is America?"
"Baron Cohen did not present himself as a disabled veteran, and viewers nationwide who watched the premiere on Sunday can now attest to that," said the pay channel.

[07/16/18 - 12:43 PM]
Zoey Deutch, Lucy Boynton, Laura Dreyfuss, Rahne Jones Join Ryan Murphy's "The Politician"
Murphy will serve as writer, showrunner and executive producer.

[07/16/18 - 12:30 PM]
Presenters and Attendees Announced for "The 2018 ESPYS Presented by Capital One," Hosted by Danica Patrick, July 18, on ABC
Chloe Kim, Adam Rippon, Nick Foles, Jennifer Garner, Jon Stewart, Chadwick Boseman and Allison Janney are among this year's attendees.

[07/16/18 - 11:31 AM]
Nick Cannon to Host "Teen Choice 2018"
Airing live from the Forum in Los Angeles, CA, on Sunday, August 12 on FOX, the choicest, star-studded, two-hour event will celebrate this year's top teen icons in television, music, film, sports, comedy and digital.

[07/16/18 - 10:44 AM]
ID Chronicles LAPD Homicide Detective Lindy Gligorijevic's Relentless Pursuit for Justice in All-New Series, "The Killer Closer"
The five-episode season premieres Friday, August 10 at 10:00/9:00c.

[07/16/18 - 10:31 AM]
Starz Releases Premiere Date and Official Key Art for New Original Series "Warriors of Liberty City," Set to Debut September 16th at 8:00 PM ET/PT
The series explores Liberty City, a crime-ridden neighborhood in Miami, Florida, that is arguably the NFL's largest, most successful football factory.

[07/16/18 - 10:11 AM]
Hulu Original "The First" Premieres Friday, Sept. 14
Sean Penn leads an ensemble cast in this near-future drama about a crew of astronauts attempting to become the first humans on Mars.

[07/16/18 - 09:31 AM]
Lifetime's Summer Escapes Wraps Up with All New Movies
Vivica A. Fox stars in two new movies and August brings all new thrills that are sure to keep the end of summer as hot as the beginning.