[06/06/07 - 02:20 PM]
Golden Globe Winner Kyra Sedgwick Joins Bravo's Inside the Actors Studio Monday, June 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT
During her wide-ranging interview with Lipton, Sedgwick reveals what life is like being married to movie star [Kevin Bacon], working with Tom Cruise on "Born on the Fourth Of July," and how she prepared for her role in the hit television series "The Closer," among other topics.

[via press release from Bravo]

GOLDEN GLOBE WINNER KYRA SEDGWICK JOINS BRAVO'S INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO MONDAY, JUNE 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT

www.BravoTV.com Offers Exclusive Bonus Clips "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio"

NEW YORK � June 6, 2007 � Bravo's 12-time Emmy-nominated series, "Inside the Actor's Studio" welcomes Golden Globe winner Kyra Sedgwick to the stage on Monday, June 11, 2007 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Host James Lipton takes an in-depth look at Sedgwick's life and career, discussing the actress's three-pronged profession on the big screen, little screen and on the stage. Viewers can catch "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio" at www.BravoTV.com, for exclusive bonus clips of Sedgwick's interview. Photography is available on Media Village at www.nbcmv.com/bravo.

Following are excerpts from the interview:

ON HER FIRST IMPRESSION OF HUSBAND KEVIN BACON

"I thought he was cocky and unreal and, I thought it was all a front... but for him it was instant lust, he said."

ON THE KEVIN BACON 6 DEGREES OF SEPARATION GAME

"I tolerate it."

ON WORKING WITH TOM CRUISE ON "BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY"

"Oh, he was extraordinary. He was a powerhouse. He had more energy than I'd seen from anybody."

ON WHEN SHE KNEW SHE WANTED TO BE AN ACTRESS

"Well, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was in eighth grade and I did "Fiddler On the Roof"�it was as if my soul had come out of my body and was dancing around the room. It was an experience that I'd never had before. It was just pure joy. There was nothing else I wanted to do ever. I knew it."

ON HOW SHE GOT HER ROLE IN "THE CLOSER"

"It came to me kicking and screaming. I didn't want to read something that's good and shoots in LA for six months out of the year. So, I said don't send it. After months I said, all right, send it and it was great."

ON HOW SHE PREPARED TO PLAY A DEPUTY CHIEF OF POLICE

"I spent a lot of time with a detective at a special homicide division of the L.A.P.D., who is on the set all the time now. I went around with him in his car for a while."

ON HAVING A SUCCESSFUL CAREER AND MARRIAGE IN HOLLYWOOD

"I just think I met the right person, my soul mate, and I think he did too, he makes me laugh, and I love him so much. He's a beautiful human being and we let each other grow. I think that's also a really big part of it, too."

Sedgwick was born in New York and attended private schools. She is a great-granddaughter of Endicott Peabody, the founder of the Groton School, a niece of the writer John Sedgwick, and also a cousin of Edie Sedgwick, a star of Andy Warhol's early films. A graduate of USC, Kyra pursued a career that includes Stage, Screen and Television.

She made her professional acting debut, at 16, on the soap "Another World" (1964). Her first brush with stardom came in "Born on the Fourth of July" (1989) as Donna, the high school sweetheart of Tom Cruise. Two of her more acclaimed TV projects were "Lemon Sky," a 1987 drama that also served to introduce her to her future husband Kevin Bacon, who was cast as her half-brother, and 1992's "Miss Rose White," which starred Sedgwick as a Jewish career woman in search of her past. During the 1990s, she appeared in several minor Hollywood movies, such as "Something to Talk About" and "Phenomenon." Two of her roles led to Golden Globe nominations � "Miss Rose White." and "Something to Talk About." Sedgwick scored another "big break" that she would long be remembered for when Cameron Crowe cast her as the female lead in his film "Singles."

In 2005 Sedgwick took on the role of Deputy Police Chief Brenda Johnson who runs the Priority Homicide Division of the LAPD with an unorthodox style. In 2007, she received a Golden Globe award for her performance as lead actress in "The Closer."

[june 2007]

· CLOSER, THE (TNT)
· INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO (OVATION)

[03/04/21 - 12:04 PM]
Syfy to Premiere Animated Originals "The Pole" and "The Summoner" on Wednesday, March 17
Bobby Moynihan, Jillian Bell, Nicole Byer, Timothy Simons, and Colin Jost are among the featured voices.

[03/04/21 - 11:41 AM]
Get Set for the Biggest Payday in Series History in an All-New Season of "Gold Rush: Dave Turin's Lost Mine" Premiering March 19 on discovery+ and Discovery Channel
After pandemic travel restrictions make Dave's plans of mining in Alaska impossible, Team Turin finally sets up their operation in Colorado.

[03/04/21 - 11:10 AM]
All-New "Super Soul" Premieres Saturday, March 6 on discovery+
Upcoming guests include Andra Day, Chip and Joanna Gaines, Priyanka Chopra Jonas, Sharon Stone, Jon Meacham, Dr. Bruce Perry and Julianna Margulies.

[03/04/21 - 11:01 AM]
Video: "Prank Encounters" (Season 2) - Official Trailer - Netflix
Monstrous frights meet hilarious reveals on this hidden-camera prank show as real people become the stars of their own full-blown horror movie.

[03/04/21 - 10:02 AM]
Apple TV+ Unveils Robust Lineup of Hit Children's Series, Including the Peanuts Gang, Emmy-winning "Ghostwriter," Parents' Choice-winning "Helpsters," "Doug Unplugs" and More
First up: "Helpsters," which returns this Friday, March 5.

[03/04/21 - 10:01 AM]
Max Original "Made for Love" Debuts This April
The comedy series is a darkly absurd and cynically poignant story of love and divorce. It follows Hazel Green (Cristin Milioti), a thirty-something woman on the run after 10 years in a suffocating marriage to Byron Gogol (Billy Magnussen), a controlling tech billionaire.

[03/04/21 - 09:59 AM]
Starz Gets Ready to "Party Down" Again with Limited Series Revival in Development
Rob Thomas, Paul Rudd, John Enbom and Dan Etheridge are among the executive producers.

[03/04/21 - 09:31 AM]
Kevin Hart Drama "Fatherhood" to Be Released on Netflix Father's Day Weekend
Based on the book "Two Kisses for Maddy: A Memoir of Loss & Love" by Matthew Logelin, in this heartwarming, funny, and emotional true story, Kevin Hart takes on the toughest job in the world: Fatherhood.

[03/04/21 - 08:31 AM]
Video: "Nate Bargatze: The Greatest Average American" - Official Trailer - Netflix
Nate Bargatze touches on Zoom comedy shows, losing his phone, hotel breakfast fails, animal caddies, new math and much more in this special.

[03/04/21 - 08:01 AM]
Video: "Worn Stories" - Official Teaser - Netflix
In this funny, heartfelt and moving docuseries, real people unpack the fascinating and quirky stories around their most meaningful pieces of clothing.

[03/04/21 - 07:31 AM]
Celebrate "90's Week" on Hulu with "Blossom," "Felicity" and "My So Called Life" Premieres
Said stunt is timed with the premiere of Soleil Moon Frye's documentary "kid 90" on Friday, March 12.

[03/04/21 - 07:21 AM]
Video: "La Templanza" - Official Trailer - Prime Video Spain
Leonor Watling, Rafael Novoa, Emilio Gutiérrez Caba and Juana Acosta star in the series, due on March 26.

[03/04/21 - 06:46 AM]
Video: "The Serpent" - Official Trailer - Netflix
In the 1970s, merciless killer Charles Sobhraj preys on travelers exploring the "hippie trail" of South Asia. Based on shocking true events.

[03/04/21 - 05:03 AM]
Paramount+ Launches Today with Live Sports, Breaking News, and a Mountain of Entertainment
Featuring more than 30,000 episodes and countless films from ViacomCBS' family of world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel, Paramount+ is home to premium entertainment for the whole family.

[03/04/21 - 03:31 AM]
Nickelodeon Greenlights "The Patrick Star Show," Original Animated "SpongeBob SquarePants" Spinoff, Slated to Air This Summer
The series follows a younger Patrick Star living at home with his family, where he hosts his own show for the neighborhood from his television-turned-bedroom.