[06/06/07 - 02:20 PM]
Golden Globe Winner Kyra Sedgwick Joins Bravo's Inside the Actors Studio Monday, June 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT
During her wide-ranging interview with Lipton, Sedgwick reveals what life is like being married to movie star [Kevin Bacon], working with Tom Cruise on "Born on the Fourth Of July," and how she prepared for her role in the hit television series "The Closer," among other topics.

[via press release from Bravo]

GOLDEN GLOBE WINNER KYRA SEDGWICK JOINS BRAVO'S INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO MONDAY, JUNE 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT

www.BravoTV.com Offers Exclusive Bonus Clips "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio"

NEW YORK � June 6, 2007 � Bravo's 12-time Emmy-nominated series, "Inside the Actor's Studio" welcomes Golden Globe winner Kyra Sedgwick to the stage on Monday, June 11, 2007 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Host James Lipton takes an in-depth look at Sedgwick's life and career, discussing the actress's three-pronged profession on the big screen, little screen and on the stage. Viewers can catch "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio" at www.BravoTV.com, for exclusive bonus clips of Sedgwick's interview. Photography is available on Media Village at www.nbcmv.com/bravo.

Following are excerpts from the interview:

ON HER FIRST IMPRESSION OF HUSBAND KEVIN BACON

"I thought he was cocky and unreal and, I thought it was all a front... but for him it was instant lust, he said."

ON THE KEVIN BACON 6 DEGREES OF SEPARATION GAME

"I tolerate it."

ON WORKING WITH TOM CRUISE ON "BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY"

"Oh, he was extraordinary. He was a powerhouse. He had more energy than I'd seen from anybody."

ON WHEN SHE KNEW SHE WANTED TO BE AN ACTRESS

"Well, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was in eighth grade and I did "Fiddler On the Roof"�it was as if my soul had come out of my body and was dancing around the room. It was an experience that I'd never had before. It was just pure joy. There was nothing else I wanted to do ever. I knew it."

ON HOW SHE GOT HER ROLE IN "THE CLOSER"

"It came to me kicking and screaming. I didn't want to read something that's good and shoots in LA for six months out of the year. So, I said don't send it. After months I said, all right, send it and it was great."

ON HOW SHE PREPARED TO PLAY A DEPUTY CHIEF OF POLICE

"I spent a lot of time with a detective at a special homicide division of the L.A.P.D., who is on the set all the time now. I went around with him in his car for a while."

ON HAVING A SUCCESSFUL CAREER AND MARRIAGE IN HOLLYWOOD

"I just think I met the right person, my soul mate, and I think he did too, he makes me laugh, and I love him so much. He's a beautiful human being and we let each other grow. I think that's also a really big part of it, too."

Sedgwick was born in New York and attended private schools. She is a great-granddaughter of Endicott Peabody, the founder of the Groton School, a niece of the writer John Sedgwick, and also a cousin of Edie Sedgwick, a star of Andy Warhol's early films. A graduate of USC, Kyra pursued a career that includes Stage, Screen and Television.

She made her professional acting debut, at 16, on the soap "Another World" (1964). Her first brush with stardom came in "Born on the Fourth of July" (1989) as Donna, the high school sweetheart of Tom Cruise. Two of her more acclaimed TV projects were "Lemon Sky," a 1987 drama that also served to introduce her to her future husband Kevin Bacon, who was cast as her half-brother, and 1992's "Miss Rose White," which starred Sedgwick as a Jewish career woman in search of her past. During the 1990s, she appeared in several minor Hollywood movies, such as "Something to Talk About" and "Phenomenon." Two of her roles led to Golden Globe nominations � "Miss Rose White." and "Something to Talk About." Sedgwick scored another "big break" that she would long be remembered for when Cameron Crowe cast her as the female lead in his film "Singles."

In 2005 Sedgwick took on the role of Deputy Police Chief Brenda Johnson who runs the Priority Homicide Division of the LAPD with an unorthodox style. In 2007, she received a Golden Globe award for her performance as lead actress in "The Closer."

[june 2007]

· CLOSER, THE (TNT)
· INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO (BRAVO)

[08/22/17 - 08:32 AM]
Monday's Broadcast Ratings: NBC Tops Charts Despite News Disruption
The Peacock once again wins the evening in total viewers and adults 18-49.

[08/22/17 - 07:02 AM]
Travel Channel's Josh Gates Embarks on a Worldwide Expedition Searching for Evidence of Extraterrestrial Life in Four-Part Special Event
"Expedition Unknown: Hunt for Extraterrestrials" begins Wednesday, October 4 at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[08/22/17 - 06:35 AM]
Video: What's Next in "Narcos"? All New Featurette in Advance of Season Three Premiere on September 1
Meet the four powerful godfathers of the ruthless and calculating Cali Cartel in the all new featurette, "Beyond Pablo Escobar."

[08/22/17 - 05:21 AM]
Decoding the Defenders: Netflix Unveils the Gateway Shows That Lead to a Heroic Binge
More than 80% of all shows are discovered through Netflix recommendations.

[08/21/17 - 01:05 PM]
Netflix Renews "Friends from College" for a Second Season
With interwoven and oftentimes complicated relationships with one another, "Friends from College" is a comedic exploration of old friendships, former romantic entanglements and balancing adult life with nostalgia for the past.

[08/21/17 - 12:40 PM]
ESPN Films' 30 for 30 Series Continues with "Year of the Scab" on September 12
On Tuesday, September 12, ESPN Films' award-winning "30 for 30" documentary series will continue with a feature-length film on the group of men who replaced the Washington Redskins team during the 1987 NFL players strike.

[08/21/17 - 11:44 AM]
TV One's "Rickey Smiley for Real" Garners Second Consecutive Week of Growth Among Women 18-49 and 25-54
TV One further spins the numbers for Tuesday, August 15.

[08/21/17 - 10:38 AM]
CBS News to Broadcast President Trump's Primetime Address Tonight
Anthony Mason will anchor the coverage beginning at 9:00/8:00c.

[08/21/17 - 10:12 AM]
Pro Football Hall of Famer Eric Dickerson Joins FOX Sports
"We couldn't be more excited to add Eric's voice to our programming slate," said Whit Albohm.

[08/21/17 - 09:33 AM]
VH1 Greenlights "RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars" for a Third Season and Brings Back the Emmy(R)-Nominated "Untucked" Aftershow for the Regular Series
"The world is calling out to see more of these beautiful queens and I am going to give them every bit of it they can handle," said executive producer and host RuPaul.

[08/21/17 - 09:29 AM]
More Southern Home Renos on the Way as HGTV Renews "Flip or Flop Atlanta" for Second Season
HGTV has picked up 14 episodes of the series for a sophomore season.

[08/21/17 - 09:06 AM]
TLC and Investigation Discovery Partner to Present "Chandra Levy: An American Murder Mysyery"
The three-hour special event premieres Monday, September 4 at 8:00/7:00c on TLC.

[08/21/17 - 08:26 AM]
Sunday's Broadcast Ratings: CBS, "Big Brother" Hold Off Competition
The Eye wins the night among total viewers as well as adults 18-49.

[08/21/17 - 08:12 AM]
Oxygen Media Searches for Answers in a New Six-Part Event Series "The Disappearance of Maura Murray" Beginning Saturday, September 30 at 9PM ET/PT
Oxygen Media dives head first into the unnerving suspicion and conspiracies surrounding one of the most prominent cold cases of the social media age.

[08/21/17 - 08:05 AM]
Video: Teaser for the Netflix Original Series "Marvel's The Punisher"
After exacting revenge on those responsible for the death of his wife and children, Frank Castle (Jon Bernthal) uncovers a conspiracy that runs far deeper than New York's criminal underworld.