[06/06/07 - 02:20 PM]
Golden Globe Winner Kyra Sedgwick Joins Bravo's Inside the Actors Studio Monday, June 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT
During her wide-ranging interview with Lipton, Sedgwick reveals what life is like being married to movie star [Kevin Bacon], working with Tom Cruise on "Born on the Fourth Of July," and how she prepared for her role in the hit television series "The Closer," among other topics.

[via press release from Bravo]

GOLDEN GLOBE WINNER KYRA SEDGWICK JOINS BRAVO'S INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO MONDAY, JUNE 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT

www.BravoTV.com Offers Exclusive Bonus Clips "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio"

NEW YORK � June 6, 2007 � Bravo's 12-time Emmy-nominated series, "Inside the Actor's Studio" welcomes Golden Globe winner Kyra Sedgwick to the stage on Monday, June 11, 2007 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Host James Lipton takes an in-depth look at Sedgwick's life and career, discussing the actress's three-pronged profession on the big screen, little screen and on the stage. Viewers can catch "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio" at www.BravoTV.com, for exclusive bonus clips of Sedgwick's interview. Photography is available on Media Village at www.nbcmv.com/bravo.

Following are excerpts from the interview:

ON HER FIRST IMPRESSION OF HUSBAND KEVIN BACON

"I thought he was cocky and unreal and, I thought it was all a front... but for him it was instant lust, he said."

ON THE KEVIN BACON 6 DEGREES OF SEPARATION GAME

"I tolerate it."

ON WORKING WITH TOM CRUISE ON "BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY"

"Oh, he was extraordinary. He was a powerhouse. He had more energy than I'd seen from anybody."

ON WHEN SHE KNEW SHE WANTED TO BE AN ACTRESS

"Well, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was in eighth grade and I did "Fiddler On the Roof"�it was as if my soul had come out of my body and was dancing around the room. It was an experience that I'd never had before. It was just pure joy. There was nothing else I wanted to do ever. I knew it."

ON HOW SHE GOT HER ROLE IN "THE CLOSER"

"It came to me kicking and screaming. I didn't want to read something that's good and shoots in LA for six months out of the year. So, I said don't send it. After months I said, all right, send it and it was great."

ON HOW SHE PREPARED TO PLAY A DEPUTY CHIEF OF POLICE

"I spent a lot of time with a detective at a special homicide division of the L.A.P.D., who is on the set all the time now. I went around with him in his car for a while."

ON HAVING A SUCCESSFUL CAREER AND MARRIAGE IN HOLLYWOOD

"I just think I met the right person, my soul mate, and I think he did too, he makes me laugh, and I love him so much. He's a beautiful human being and we let each other grow. I think that's also a really big part of it, too."

Sedgwick was born in New York and attended private schools. She is a great-granddaughter of Endicott Peabody, the founder of the Groton School, a niece of the writer John Sedgwick, and also a cousin of Edie Sedgwick, a star of Andy Warhol's early films. A graduate of USC, Kyra pursued a career that includes Stage, Screen and Television.

She made her professional acting debut, at 16, on the soap "Another World" (1964). Her first brush with stardom came in "Born on the Fourth of July" (1989) as Donna, the high school sweetheart of Tom Cruise. Two of her more acclaimed TV projects were "Lemon Sky," a 1987 drama that also served to introduce her to her future husband Kevin Bacon, who was cast as her half-brother, and 1992's "Miss Rose White," which starred Sedgwick as a Jewish career woman in search of her past. During the 1990s, she appeared in several minor Hollywood movies, such as "Something to Talk About" and "Phenomenon." Two of her roles led to Golden Globe nominations � "Miss Rose White." and "Something to Talk About." Sedgwick scored another "big break" that she would long be remembered for when Cameron Crowe cast her as the female lead in his film "Singles."

In 2005 Sedgwick took on the role of Deputy Police Chief Brenda Johnson who runs the Priority Homicide Division of the LAPD with an unorthodox style. In 2007, she received a Golden Globe award for her performance as lead actress in "The Closer."

[june 2007]

· CLOSER, THE (TNT)
· INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO (BRAVO)

[08/23/16 - 01:17 PM]
Showtime(R) Presents "Martin Lawrence Doin' Time: Uncut"
Filmed live at the Orpheum Theatre in Los Angeles, the special showcases Lawrence's impeccable comedic skills, physicality and engaging wit.

[08/23/16 - 12:45 PM]
Viceland's Season Two Renewals & New Shows
Newcomer "Abandoned," hosted by legendary skateboarder Rick McCrank, premieres Friday, September 2.

[08/23/16 - 12:37 PM]
El Rey Network Signs Rey Mysterio Jr. to First-Look Deal
Mysterio joined El Rey Network's "Lucha Underground" during the second season and will appear in the upcoming third season premiering on El Rey Network on September 7.

[08/23/16 - 12:06 PM]
Explore the Universe's Most Complex Mysteries in the All-New Season of "NASA's Unexplained Files" Returning to Science Channel on Tuesday, August 30
The series features astronauts, scientists, and others who attempt to decode abnormalities caught on camera.

[08/23/16 - 11:20 AM]
Netflix Announces Premiere Dates for New Line-Up of Original Stand-up Comedy Specials
Cedric the Entertainer, Russell Peters, Joe Rogan, Dana Carvey, Colin Quinn, Michael Che, Reggie Watts and Gabriel Iglesias are among the featured auspices.

[08/23/16 - 11:19 AM]
Starz Original Series "Power" and "Survivor's Remorse" Continue Record-Breaking Third Seasons in Week 6
Starz spins the numbers for the season to date.

[08/23/16 - 10:40 AM]
Hulu's "The Handmaid's Tale" Casting - Joseph Fiennes
A founding father of Gilead and powerful, high-ranking official, Commander Waterford rules the household where Offred (Elisabeth Moss) is a handmaid.

[08/23/16 - 09:40 AM]
OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network and TEGNA Media Strike Distribution Deal for Syndicated Talk Series "T.D. Jakes"
70 affiliates will premiere the show locally on September 12, followed by OWN's launch of the show on Monday, September 19.

[08/23/16 - 09:31 AM]
Disney XD's "Milo Murphy's Law," Starring Al Yankovic, to Premiere Monday, October 3
The series follows 13-year-old Milo Murphy, the fictional great-great-great-great grandson of the Murphy's Law namesake.

[08/23/16 - 09:00 AM]
Toby Keith and Blake Shelton Added to the All-Star Lineup for the "10th Annual ACM Honors(TM)," Which Makes Its Television Debut Friday, Sept. 9, on CBS
They will join previously announced performers Dierks Bentley and Keith Urban in a special tribute to country music icon Glen Campbell, who will be honored with the ACM Career Achievement Award.

[08/23/16 - 08:37 AM]
Monday's Broadcast Ratings: "Ninja Warrior," "Running Wild" Return on Top for NBC
The Peacock keeps its win streak alive post-Olympics among total viewers and adults 18-49.

[08/23/16 - 08:10 AM]
New Smithsonian Channel(TM) Series Explores World's Most Hallowed Shrines, Temples and Monuments - "Sacred Sites" - Premieres Monday, September 12 at 8PM ET/PT
Smithsonian Channel will offer fascinating new perspectives on some of the world's most remarkable and mysterious religious locations in the new five-episode series.

[08/23/16 - 08:01 AM]
"Counting On" Returns to TLC with Young Love and New Adventures
The all-new 10 episode series premieres tonight: Tuesday, August 23 at 8:00/7:00c.

[08/23/16 - 08:00 AM]
CBS Sports Announces Broadcast Pairings for 2016 NFL Season
The CBS Television Network begins its 57th year of broadcasting the NFL with Jim Nantz, Phil Simms and Tracy Wolfson leading the 2016 season.

[08/23/16 - 07:44 AM]
Video: Netflix Releases Brand New Trailer & Key Art for "Narcos" Season Two
All 10 episodes of Season Two will launch Friday September 2, exclusively on Netflix.