[06/06/07 - 02:20 PM]
Golden Globe Winner Kyra Sedgwick Joins Bravo's Inside the Actors Studio Monday, June 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT
During her wide-ranging interview with Lipton, Sedgwick reveals what life is like being married to movie star [Kevin Bacon], working with Tom Cruise on "Born on the Fourth Of July," and how she prepared for her role in the hit television series "The Closer," among other topics.

[via press release from Bravo]

GOLDEN GLOBE WINNER KYRA SEDGWICK JOINS BRAVO'S INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO MONDAY, JUNE 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT

www.BravoTV.com Offers Exclusive Bonus Clips "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio"

NEW YORK � June 6, 2007 � Bravo's 12-time Emmy-nominated series, "Inside the Actor's Studio" welcomes Golden Globe winner Kyra Sedgwick to the stage on Monday, June 11, 2007 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Host James Lipton takes an in-depth look at Sedgwick's life and career, discussing the actress's three-pronged profession on the big screen, little screen and on the stage. Viewers can catch "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio" at www.BravoTV.com, for exclusive bonus clips of Sedgwick's interview. Photography is available on Media Village at www.nbcmv.com/bravo.

Following are excerpts from the interview:

ON HER FIRST IMPRESSION OF HUSBAND KEVIN BACON

"I thought he was cocky and unreal and, I thought it was all a front... but for him it was instant lust, he said."

ON THE KEVIN BACON 6 DEGREES OF SEPARATION GAME

"I tolerate it."

ON WORKING WITH TOM CRUISE ON "BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY"

"Oh, he was extraordinary. He was a powerhouse. He had more energy than I'd seen from anybody."

ON WHEN SHE KNEW SHE WANTED TO BE AN ACTRESS

"Well, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was in eighth grade and I did "Fiddler On the Roof"�it was as if my soul had come out of my body and was dancing around the room. It was an experience that I'd never had before. It was just pure joy. There was nothing else I wanted to do ever. I knew it."

ON HOW SHE GOT HER ROLE IN "THE CLOSER"

"It came to me kicking and screaming. I didn't want to read something that's good and shoots in LA for six months out of the year. So, I said don't send it. After months I said, all right, send it and it was great."

ON HOW SHE PREPARED TO PLAY A DEPUTY CHIEF OF POLICE

"I spent a lot of time with a detective at a special homicide division of the L.A.P.D., who is on the set all the time now. I went around with him in his car for a while."

ON HAVING A SUCCESSFUL CAREER AND MARRIAGE IN HOLLYWOOD

"I just think I met the right person, my soul mate, and I think he did too, he makes me laugh, and I love him so much. He's a beautiful human being and we let each other grow. I think that's also a really big part of it, too."

Sedgwick was born in New York and attended private schools. She is a great-granddaughter of Endicott Peabody, the founder of the Groton School, a niece of the writer John Sedgwick, and also a cousin of Edie Sedgwick, a star of Andy Warhol's early films. A graduate of USC, Kyra pursued a career that includes Stage, Screen and Television.

She made her professional acting debut, at 16, on the soap "Another World" (1964). Her first brush with stardom came in "Born on the Fourth of July" (1989) as Donna, the high school sweetheart of Tom Cruise. Two of her more acclaimed TV projects were "Lemon Sky," a 1987 drama that also served to introduce her to her future husband Kevin Bacon, who was cast as her half-brother, and 1992's "Miss Rose White," which starred Sedgwick as a Jewish career woman in search of her past. During the 1990s, she appeared in several minor Hollywood movies, such as "Something to Talk About" and "Phenomenon." Two of her roles led to Golden Globe nominations � "Miss Rose White." and "Something to Talk About." Sedgwick scored another "big break" that she would long be remembered for when Cameron Crowe cast her as the female lead in his film "Singles."

In 2005 Sedgwick took on the role of Deputy Police Chief Brenda Johnson who runs the Priority Homicide Division of the LAPD with an unorthodox style. In 2007, she received a Golden Globe award for her performance as lead actress in "The Closer."

[june 2007]

· CLOSER, THE (TNT)
· INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO (BRAVO)

[06/23/17 - 10:01 AM]
ABC Sends "Still Star-Crossed" to Saturdays; Various Repeats to Fill Monday Slot
Look for "Celebrity Family Feud" this Monday, June 26 and "Battle of the Network Stars" on Monday, July 3.

[06/23/17 - 08:17 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: FOX Edges Demo Win Over ABC, NBC Summer Launches
The Alphabet and the Peacock fall just short of FOX's game show duo.

[06/23/17 - 08:03 AM]
Video: Have You Met the Incredible Jessica James? Get Your Chance July 28!
Jessica Williams stars in the latest Netflix original film.

[06/23/17 - 07:42 AM]
ESPN's NBA Draft Ratings Up 13 Percent
ESPN spins the numbers for Thursday, June 22.

[06/23/17 - 07:32 AM]
"Vice Special Report: A World in Disarray," Examining the Past, Present and Future of American Foreign Policy, Debuts July 21, Exclusively on HBO
The exclusive HBO presentation features interviews with Condoleezza Rice, Tony Blair, Samantha Power, Ash Carter and others.

[06/23/17 - 07:27 AM]
Lifetime Moves Up "A Midsummer's Nightmare" Pilot Premiere to Friday, July 14
Said offering was previously scheduled for Friday, July 28.

[06/23/17 - 07:01 AM]
Conan O'Brien Returns to Comic-Con(R) International with All New Pop! Vinyl Figures from TBS and Funko
During the week of Comic-Con(R) International, "Conan" will be taped at San Diego's historic Spreckels Theatre on Wednesday, July 19 - Saturday, July 22.

[06/22/17 - 02:31 PM]
Sharon Leal Joins the Cast of New Drama Series "Instinct"
Leal will portray a friend of Lizzie's (Bojana Novakovic) who has recently been promoted to be their boss in the NYPD.

[06/22/17 - 01:43 PM]
TV Land's "Younger" Simulcasts Coast-to-Coast on June 28th and Launches Live Digital Aftershow
"Getting Younger," hosted by Taylor Strecker, will continue the enthusiastic fan conversation that occurs on social media every week and encourage viewers to submit questions and interact with other superfans and stars alike.

[06/22/17 - 01:23 PM]
HBO Partners with TRAP Karaoke to Promote "Insecure" and "Ballers"
Fans in Cincinnati, Charlotte and Houston will join cast members from both series for an advance double feature screening of the shows' season premieres.

[06/22/17 - 11:45 AM]
Hannah Hart Hits the Road for a Tasty Cross-Country Trip in New Food Network Series "I Hart Food"
The six-episode series launches Monday, August 14 at 10:00/9:00c on the cable channel.

[06/22/17 - 11:06 AM]
Spike Announces New Docuseries "Gone: The Forgotten Women of Ohio," Premiering July 22 at 9pm ET/PT
The series is the tragic saga of these young women shrouded in a mystery that includes a dark underbelly of a struggling Midwest region plagued by drug and sex trafficking, and a system that seems to have failed to protect these women.

[06/22/17 - 11:00 AM]
FOX Announces Fall Premiere Dates for the 2017-2018 Season
Newcomer "The Orville" will kick things off with two special post-NFL airings on Sunday, September 10 and 17.

[06/22/17 - 10:57 AM]
TV One Announces 11th Season of "Unsung" Featuring Wyclef, Jagged Edge and Ice-T Among Others!
TV One's signature series weaves a tale of the highs and lows of a life in the limelight.

[06/22/17 - 10:13 AM]
ID Premieres Timely Special "Black and Blue" on Saturday Against Background of Controversial Decisions Involving Police Shootings
The special will be available on Investigation Discovery's TV Everywhere app, ID GO, beginning Sunday, June 25.