[06/06/07 - 02:20 PM]
Golden Globe Winner Kyra Sedgwick Joins Bravo's Inside the Actors Studio Monday, June 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT
During her wide-ranging interview with Lipton, Sedgwick reveals what life is like being married to movie star [Kevin Bacon], working with Tom Cruise on "Born on the Fourth Of July," and how she prepared for her role in the hit television series "The Closer," among other topics.

[via press release from Bravo]

GOLDEN GLOBE WINNER KYRA SEDGWICK JOINS BRAVO'S INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO MONDAY, JUNE 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT

www.BravoTV.com Offers Exclusive Bonus Clips "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio"

NEW YORK � June 6, 2007 � Bravo's 12-time Emmy-nominated series, "Inside the Actor's Studio" welcomes Golden Globe winner Kyra Sedgwick to the stage on Monday, June 11, 2007 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Host James Lipton takes an in-depth look at Sedgwick's life and career, discussing the actress's three-pronged profession on the big screen, little screen and on the stage. Viewers can catch "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio" at www.BravoTV.com, for exclusive bonus clips of Sedgwick's interview. Photography is available on Media Village at www.nbcmv.com/bravo.

Following are excerpts from the interview:

ON HER FIRST IMPRESSION OF HUSBAND KEVIN BACON

"I thought he was cocky and unreal and, I thought it was all a front... but for him it was instant lust, he said."

ON THE KEVIN BACON 6 DEGREES OF SEPARATION GAME

"I tolerate it."

ON WORKING WITH TOM CRUISE ON "BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY"

"Oh, he was extraordinary. He was a powerhouse. He had more energy than I'd seen from anybody."

ON WHEN SHE KNEW SHE WANTED TO BE AN ACTRESS

"Well, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was in eighth grade and I did "Fiddler On the Roof"�it was as if my soul had come out of my body and was dancing around the room. It was an experience that I'd never had before. It was just pure joy. There was nothing else I wanted to do ever. I knew it."

ON HOW SHE GOT HER ROLE IN "THE CLOSER"

"It came to me kicking and screaming. I didn't want to read something that's good and shoots in LA for six months out of the year. So, I said don't send it. After months I said, all right, send it and it was great."

ON HOW SHE PREPARED TO PLAY A DEPUTY CHIEF OF POLICE

"I spent a lot of time with a detective at a special homicide division of the L.A.P.D., who is on the set all the time now. I went around with him in his car for a while."

ON HAVING A SUCCESSFUL CAREER AND MARRIAGE IN HOLLYWOOD

"I just think I met the right person, my soul mate, and I think he did too, he makes me laugh, and I love him so much. He's a beautiful human being and we let each other grow. I think that's also a really big part of it, too."

Sedgwick was born in New York and attended private schools. She is a great-granddaughter of Endicott Peabody, the founder of the Groton School, a niece of the writer John Sedgwick, and also a cousin of Edie Sedgwick, a star of Andy Warhol's early films. A graduate of USC, Kyra pursued a career that includes Stage, Screen and Television.

She made her professional acting debut, at 16, on the soap "Another World" (1964). Her first brush with stardom came in "Born on the Fourth of July" (1989) as Donna, the high school sweetheart of Tom Cruise. Two of her more acclaimed TV projects were "Lemon Sky," a 1987 drama that also served to introduce her to her future husband Kevin Bacon, who was cast as her half-brother, and 1992's "Miss Rose White," which starred Sedgwick as a Jewish career woman in search of her past. During the 1990s, she appeared in several minor Hollywood movies, such as "Something to Talk About" and "Phenomenon." Two of her roles led to Golden Globe nominations � "Miss Rose White." and "Something to Talk About." Sedgwick scored another "big break" that she would long be remembered for when Cameron Crowe cast her as the female lead in his film "Singles."

In 2005 Sedgwick took on the role of Deputy Police Chief Brenda Johnson who runs the Priority Homicide Division of the LAPD with an unorthodox style. In 2007, she received a Golden Globe award for her performance as lead actress in "The Closer."

[june 2007]

· CLOSER, THE (TNT)
· INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO (BRAVO)

[10/20/14 - 03:29 PM]
"Gold Rush" Season Five Premiere Tops Cable Television on Friday
Discovery spins the numbers for Friday, October 17.

[10/20/14 - 02:02 PM]
John Ondrasik of Five for Fighting to Perform Original Song for 100th Episode Of "Hawaii Five-0," Nov. 7
The song, titled "All For One," will premiere during the broadcast of the milestone episode.

[10/20/14 - 01:20 PM]
CMT's Highest-Rated Series Ever "Party Down South" Keeps the Party Going This Holiday Season with Two All-New, One-Hour Specials
"Party Down South: Drunksgiving" airs Thursday, November 20 followed by "Party Down South: Christmas Hangover" on Thursday, December 18.

[10/20/14 - 01:19 PM]
HGTV and DIY Network Greenlight Seven New Series
"America's Most Desperate Kitchens," "Log Cabin Living," "Shalina Joy Project" and "Real Estate Riches" are on tap at the former while "First Time Flippers," "Miami Rehab" and "The Treehouse Guys" are coming to the latter.

[10/20/14 - 12:42 PM]
Discovery Fit & Health Pulls Back the White Curtain on Outrageous Medical Emergencies When "Untold Stories of the ER" Returns with the Craziest Cases Special and 100th Episode
The 100th episode kicks off all-new episodes, beginning Friday, November 14 at 10:00/9:00c.

[10/20/14 - 12:22 PM]
Three Families Are "Risking It All" for a Life Off the Grid
TLC's latest original series premieres Tuesday, November 18 at 10:00/9:00c.

[10/20/14 - 12:22 PM]
"Real World: Skeletons" Set to Premiere December 16, 2014 at 10:00 PM ET/PT on MTV
This season, the series begins in the traditional way with seven strangers moving into an old nightclub turned fabulous urban loft in Chicago's West Loop, but each of these roommates has skeletons in their closets.

[10/20/14 - 12:18 PM]
USA Network Orders Third Season of Breakout Comedic Reality Series "Chrisley Knows Best"
Plus: look for a half-hour "Chrisley" holiday special set for this December.

[10/20/14 - 12:10 PM]
Ariana Grande and Meghan Trainor to Perform Duets with Top Country Acts on "The 48th Annual CMA Awards"
Grande will be joining two-time CMA Vocal Group of the Year Little Big Town for an on-air collaboration.

[10/20/14 - 11:51 AM]
ABC Family Invites Fans to Tweet the "Dearly Departed" During a Halloween Special of "Pretty Little Liars," Airing Tuesday, October 21
Janel Parrish ("Mona"), Andrea Parker ("Mrs. DiLaurentis") and Bryce Johnson ("Det. Darren Wilden") will live tweet with fans during the East Coast broadcast.

[10/20/14 - 11:49 AM]
"Untold with Maria Menounos" Premieres Thursday, October 30th at 8:00PM ET/PT
The series takes a closer look at two major entertainment stories that are making headlines today: the Transgender movement and Depression in Comedians.

[10/20/14 - 11:06 AM]
Live + 7 Ratings: ABC's "How to Get Away with Murder" Is the Week's #1 Biggest Gainer in TV Playback in Adults 18-49
ABC further spins the numbers for the week of September 29-October 5.

[10/20/14 - 11:04 AM]
A Wedding, a Breakup and a Divorce?! Don't Miss the "Total Divas" Mid-Season Finale Sunday, October 26 at 9pm ET on E!
Plus: WWE(R) Diva Alicia Fox(TM) and WWE Diva Paige(TM) joint the cast when new episodes resume Sunday, January 4 at 10:00/9:00c.

[10/20/14 - 10:55 AM]
CBS Freshman Dramas Post Strong Second-Week Live +7-Day Lifts
CBS further spins the numbers for the week of September 29-October 5.

[10/20/14 - 10:40 AM]
Pizza Aficionados Sal Basille and Francis Garcia Return to Travel the Country on a Culinary Expedition in Cooking Channel's "Pizza Masters"
The six-episode series launches Friday, December 5 at 9:00/8:00c on the network.