[06/06/07 - 02:20 PM]
Golden Globe Winner Kyra Sedgwick Joins Bravo's Inside the Actors Studio Monday, June 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT
During her wide-ranging interview with Lipton, Sedgwick reveals what life is like being married to movie star [Kevin Bacon], working with Tom Cruise on "Born on the Fourth Of July," and how she prepared for her role in the hit television series "The Closer," among other topics.

[via press release from Bravo]

GOLDEN GLOBE WINNER KYRA SEDGWICK JOINS BRAVO'S INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO MONDAY, JUNE 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT

www.BravoTV.com Offers Exclusive Bonus Clips "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio"

NEW YORK � June 6, 2007 � Bravo's 12-time Emmy-nominated series, "Inside the Actor's Studio" welcomes Golden Globe winner Kyra Sedgwick to the stage on Monday, June 11, 2007 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Host James Lipton takes an in-depth look at Sedgwick's life and career, discussing the actress's three-pronged profession on the big screen, little screen and on the stage. Viewers can catch "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio" at www.BravoTV.com, for exclusive bonus clips of Sedgwick's interview. Photography is available on Media Village at www.nbcmv.com/bravo.

Following are excerpts from the interview:

ON HER FIRST IMPRESSION OF HUSBAND KEVIN BACON

"I thought he was cocky and unreal and, I thought it was all a front... but for him it was instant lust, he said."

ON THE KEVIN BACON 6 DEGREES OF SEPARATION GAME

"I tolerate it."

ON WORKING WITH TOM CRUISE ON "BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY"

"Oh, he was extraordinary. He was a powerhouse. He had more energy than I'd seen from anybody."

ON WHEN SHE KNEW SHE WANTED TO BE AN ACTRESS

"Well, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was in eighth grade and I did "Fiddler On the Roof"�it was as if my soul had come out of my body and was dancing around the room. It was an experience that I'd never had before. It was just pure joy. There was nothing else I wanted to do ever. I knew it."

ON HOW SHE GOT HER ROLE IN "THE CLOSER"

"It came to me kicking and screaming. I didn't want to read something that's good and shoots in LA for six months out of the year. So, I said don't send it. After months I said, all right, send it and it was great."

ON HOW SHE PREPARED TO PLAY A DEPUTY CHIEF OF POLICE

"I spent a lot of time with a detective at a special homicide division of the L.A.P.D., who is on the set all the time now. I went around with him in his car for a while."

ON HAVING A SUCCESSFUL CAREER AND MARRIAGE IN HOLLYWOOD

"I just think I met the right person, my soul mate, and I think he did too, he makes me laugh, and I love him so much. He's a beautiful human being and we let each other grow. I think that's also a really big part of it, too."

Sedgwick was born in New York and attended private schools. She is a great-granddaughter of Endicott Peabody, the founder of the Groton School, a niece of the writer John Sedgwick, and also a cousin of Edie Sedgwick, a star of Andy Warhol's early films. A graduate of USC, Kyra pursued a career that includes Stage, Screen and Television.

She made her professional acting debut, at 16, on the soap "Another World" (1964). Her first brush with stardom came in "Born on the Fourth of July" (1989) as Donna, the high school sweetheart of Tom Cruise. Two of her more acclaimed TV projects were "Lemon Sky," a 1987 drama that also served to introduce her to her future husband Kevin Bacon, who was cast as her half-brother, and 1992's "Miss Rose White," which starred Sedgwick as a Jewish career woman in search of her past. During the 1990s, she appeared in several minor Hollywood movies, such as "Something to Talk About" and "Phenomenon." Two of her roles led to Golden Globe nominations � "Miss Rose White." and "Something to Talk About." Sedgwick scored another "big break" that she would long be remembered for when Cameron Crowe cast her as the female lead in his film "Singles."

In 2005 Sedgwick took on the role of Deputy Police Chief Brenda Johnson who runs the Priority Homicide Division of the LAPD with an unorthodox style. In 2007, she received a Golden Globe award for her performance as lead actress in "The Closer."

[june 2007]

· CLOSER, THE (TNT)
· INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO (BRAVO)

[03/03/15 - 03:18 PM]
Spike TV Partners with Dwayne Johnson for Event Programming Development Deal
Johnson and Dany Garcia will executive produce shows ranging from big live events, specials, sports and initiatives surrounding our troops and veterans.

[03/03/15 - 03:12 PM]
"Ellen's Design Challenge" Among Highest-Rated Series in HGTV History
HGTV spins the numbers for Monday, March 2.

[03/03/15 - 02:39 PM]
"Live with Kelly and Michael" Announces Its Sixth Annual "Top Teacher Week"
From May 4-8, "Live" will honor teachers who go above and beyond for their schools, communities and students.

[03/03/15 - 02:22 PM]
Social Media Powerhouse ABC Family Delivers During February 2015 Driven by "Pretty Little Liars" and "The Fosters"
ABC Family spins the digital numbers for the month of February.

[03/03/15 - 02:21 PM]
Spike: The Ones to Watch - Network Launches New Logo and Tagline
The tagline encompasses the network's strategic shift to a general entertainment network delivering compelling original entertainment with an edge and a distinctive point of view.

[03/03/15 - 12:56 PM]
TNT Ranks as Basic Cable's #1 Network in Primetime Live + 7 Delivery of Total Viewers, Adults 18-34 and Adults 18-49
Turner further spins the numbers for the week of February 9-15.

[03/03/15 - 12:54 PM]
"48 Hours: Blaming Melissa" Is Saturday's #1 Program with Viewers and Adults 25-54
CBS spins the numbers for Saturday, February 28.

[03/03/15 - 12:37 PM]
Science Channel Skyrockets in February, Charts Best Month Ever
Science Channel spins the numbers for the month of February.

[03/03/15 - 12:31 PM]
Sarah Michelle Gellar to Star in Season 2 of "Star Wars Rebels"
Gellar will join the talented voice cast that includes her husband Freddie Prinze Jr., Vanessa Marshall, Steve Blum, Tiya Sircar, Taylor Gray and David Oyelowo.

[03/03/15 - 11:52 AM]
Nickelodeon Brings Ultimate "Kids' Choice Awards" Interactive Experiences to Kids and Families Nationwide
Beginning Saturday, March 7, Nickelodeon will launch the Kids' Choice Awards Experience, a six-city tour featuring meet and greets with Nick stars and one of-a-kind interactive elements.

[03/03/15 - 11:45 AM]
Ovation TV Greenlights Production on Original Documentary Film, "Ford's Theatre: America's Playhouse"
The project is being co-produced by Ovation Studios and 1895 Films and is set to premiere on April 14 at 10:00/9:00c.

[03/03/15 - 11:13 AM]
truTV Says Yes They Can to The Grawlix's "Those Who Can't," As Network Greenlights Its First-Ever Full-Length Scripted Comedy
The comedy about a trio of frustrated high school teachers stars show creators Adam Cayton-Holland, Andrew Orvedahl and Ben Roy, members of the Denver-based comedy troupe The Grawlix.

[03/03/15 - 11:11 AM]
Spike TV Orders Eight More Episodes of "Lip Sync Battle"
The featured performers for the new eight episodes include Emily Blunt, Anne Hathaway, Terrence Howard, Taraji P. Henson, Justin Bieber, Queen Latifah, Will Arnett, Alison Brie, Mike Tyson and Terry Crews.

[03/03/15 - 11:04 AM]
Spike TV Partners with Legendary Pictures to Develop Original Scripted Series, "Emergency Broadcast"
"Emergency Broadcast" is a format-breaking series about everyday heroes who tirelessly work together to combat national and global catastrophes.

[03/03/15 - 11:01 AM]
Jillian Michaels to Star in New Spike TV Series "Sweat Inc."
The series, produced by 3 Ball Entertainment, goes into production this summer and will premiere this fall.