[06/06/07 - 02:20 PM]
Golden Globe Winner Kyra Sedgwick Joins Bravo's Inside the Actors Studio Monday, June 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT
During her wide-ranging interview with Lipton, Sedgwick reveals what life is like being married to movie star [Kevin Bacon], working with Tom Cruise on "Born on the Fourth Of July," and how she prepared for her role in the hit television series "The Closer," among other topics.

[via press release from Bravo]

GOLDEN GLOBE WINNER KYRA SEDGWICK JOINS BRAVO'S INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO MONDAY, JUNE 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT

www.BravoTV.com Offers Exclusive Bonus Clips "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio"

NEW YORK � June 6, 2007 � Bravo's 12-time Emmy-nominated series, "Inside the Actor's Studio" welcomes Golden Globe winner Kyra Sedgwick to the stage on Monday, June 11, 2007 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Host James Lipton takes an in-depth look at Sedgwick's life and career, discussing the actress's three-pronged profession on the big screen, little screen and on the stage. Viewers can catch "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio" at www.BravoTV.com, for exclusive bonus clips of Sedgwick's interview. Photography is available on Media Village at www.nbcmv.com/bravo.

Following are excerpts from the interview:

ON HER FIRST IMPRESSION OF HUSBAND KEVIN BACON

"I thought he was cocky and unreal and, I thought it was all a front... but for him it was instant lust, he said."

ON THE KEVIN BACON 6 DEGREES OF SEPARATION GAME

"I tolerate it."

ON WORKING WITH TOM CRUISE ON "BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY"

"Oh, he was extraordinary. He was a powerhouse. He had more energy than I'd seen from anybody."

ON WHEN SHE KNEW SHE WANTED TO BE AN ACTRESS

"Well, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was in eighth grade and I did "Fiddler On the Roof"�it was as if my soul had come out of my body and was dancing around the room. It was an experience that I'd never had before. It was just pure joy. There was nothing else I wanted to do ever. I knew it."

ON HOW SHE GOT HER ROLE IN "THE CLOSER"

"It came to me kicking and screaming. I didn't want to read something that's good and shoots in LA for six months out of the year. So, I said don't send it. After months I said, all right, send it and it was great."

ON HOW SHE PREPARED TO PLAY A DEPUTY CHIEF OF POLICE

"I spent a lot of time with a detective at a special homicide division of the L.A.P.D., who is on the set all the time now. I went around with him in his car for a while."

ON HAVING A SUCCESSFUL CAREER AND MARRIAGE IN HOLLYWOOD

"I just think I met the right person, my soul mate, and I think he did too, he makes me laugh, and I love him so much. He's a beautiful human being and we let each other grow. I think that's also a really big part of it, too."

Sedgwick was born in New York and attended private schools. She is a great-granddaughter of Endicott Peabody, the founder of the Groton School, a niece of the writer John Sedgwick, and also a cousin of Edie Sedgwick, a star of Andy Warhol's early films. A graduate of USC, Kyra pursued a career that includes Stage, Screen and Television.

She made her professional acting debut, at 16, on the soap "Another World" (1964). Her first brush with stardom came in "Born on the Fourth of July" (1989) as Donna, the high school sweetheart of Tom Cruise. Two of her more acclaimed TV projects were "Lemon Sky," a 1987 drama that also served to introduce her to her future husband Kevin Bacon, who was cast as her half-brother, and 1992's "Miss Rose White," which starred Sedgwick as a Jewish career woman in search of her past. During the 1990s, she appeared in several minor Hollywood movies, such as "Something to Talk About" and "Phenomenon." Two of her roles led to Golden Globe nominations � "Miss Rose White." and "Something to Talk About." Sedgwick scored another "big break" that she would long be remembered for when Cameron Crowe cast her as the female lead in his film "Singles."

In 2005 Sedgwick took on the role of Deputy Police Chief Brenda Johnson who runs the Priority Homicide Division of the LAPD with an unorthodox style. In 2007, she received a Golden Globe award for her performance as lead actress in "The Closer."

[june 2007]

· CLOSER, THE (TNT)
· INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO (BRAVO)

[01/24/15 - 08:50 AM]
"Constantine" Delivers Its Most-Watched Episode Since November 21
NBC spins the numbers for Friday, January 23.

[01/24/15 - 08:37 AM]
Friday's Broadcast Ratings: ABC, CBS and NBC All Share Demo Crown
Repeats of "Blue Bloods" and "Shark Tank" lead the night in total viewers and adults 18-49, respectively.

[01/24/15 - 08:33 AM]
ABC's Encore "Shark Tank" Is Friday's #1 Show in Adults 18-49 - Most-Watched-Ever Repeat for the Show
ABC spins the numbers for Friday, January 23.

[01/23/15 - 01:09 PM]
New MTV Study, "Millennials Have Drive," Reveals Millennials Love Their Cars More Than Social Media and Texting
Today's results represent the first wave of research coming from Viacom's brands in the car category.

[01/23/15 - 12:19 PM]
"Our Little Family" Joins the TLC Lineup This February
The newcomer launches Tuesday, February 17 at 10:00/9:00c on the cable channel.

[01/23/15 - 11:24 AM]
Fox Sports Provides Extended On-Site Coverage From Arizona For Super Bowl XLIX
In anticipation of the championship showdown, FOX Sports has all hands on deck, providing comprehensive on-site coverage for the week's festivities in Arizona.

[01/23/15 - 10:46 AM]
Video: Starz Releases First Video Tease of Seth MacFarlane and Jonathan Ames' "Blunt Talk" Starring Patrick Stewart
Due this summer, the series is a live action character-driven comedy set in the competitive cable news arena and following a most eccentric TV personality and his crew.

[01/23/15 - 10:43 AM]
Animal Planet Dives Head First Into "Insane Pools: Off the Deep End," A New Series Premiering Friday, February 20
The six-episode series follows Lucas Congdon as he turns high and dry homes into exotic waterfront properties through grand, nature-inspired designs to encourage his clients to rediscover their love of the outdoors.

[01/23/15 - 10:38 AM]
"The Tonight Show" Outperforms ABC, CBS Timeslot Competition for Week of Jan. 12-16
NBC spins the late-night numbers for the week of January 12-16.

[01/23/15 - 10:23 AM]
"Nightline" Is #1 for the Week, #1 in Total Viewers 12 of Last 13 Weeks
ABC spins the late-night numbers for the week of January 12-16.

[01/23/15 - 09:17 AM]
History(R) Premieres Brand New Series "Legend of the Superstition Mountains"
The series, due on Sunday, February 8 at 10:00/9:00c, follows five brave treasure hunters as they seek to unearth the secrets of the Lost Dutchman's gold.

[01/23/15 - 08:57 AM]
NFL Legend Ray Lewis Tackles Coaches with Anger Issues When "Coaching Bad" Premieres Sunday, February 8 at 10 PM ET/PT on Spike TV
Lewis and acclaimed anger management specialist and author Dr. Christian Conte will work with nine coaches who have recognized that they need to change their combative and often bombastic ways if they want to continue in the profession they love.

[01/23/15 - 08:46 AM]
"Parenthood" Delivers Its Second-Most-Watched Telecast of the Season
NBC spins the numbers for Thursday, January 22.

[01/23/15 - 08:39 AM]
truTV Orders Pilot for "Shaq, Inq." (working title) From Mandalay Sports Media and Executive Producers Shaquille O'Neal and Mike Tollin
This half-hour scripted comedy follows Shaquille O'Neal and the team who runs his sprawling business empire.

[01/23/15 - 08:32 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: "American Idol" Tops Demos for FOX
Plus: the network's "Backstrom" launches up nearly 18% among adults 18-49 from "Rake" a year ago.