[06/06/07 - 02:20 PM]
Golden Globe Winner Kyra Sedgwick Joins Bravo's Inside the Actors Studio Monday, June 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT
During her wide-ranging interview with Lipton, Sedgwick reveals what life is like being married to movie star [Kevin Bacon], working with Tom Cruise on "Born on the Fourth Of July," and how she prepared for her role in the hit television series "The Closer," among other topics.

[via press release from Bravo]

GOLDEN GLOBE WINNER KYRA SEDGWICK JOINS BRAVO'S INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO MONDAY, JUNE 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT

www.BravoTV.com Offers Exclusive Bonus Clips "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio"

NEW YORK � June 6, 2007 � Bravo's 12-time Emmy-nominated series, "Inside the Actor's Studio" welcomes Golden Globe winner Kyra Sedgwick to the stage on Monday, June 11, 2007 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Host James Lipton takes an in-depth look at Sedgwick's life and career, discussing the actress's three-pronged profession on the big screen, little screen and on the stage. Viewers can catch "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio" at www.BravoTV.com, for exclusive bonus clips of Sedgwick's interview. Photography is available on Media Village at www.nbcmv.com/bravo.

Following are excerpts from the interview:

ON HER FIRST IMPRESSION OF HUSBAND KEVIN BACON

"I thought he was cocky and unreal and, I thought it was all a front... but for him it was instant lust, he said."

ON THE KEVIN BACON 6 DEGREES OF SEPARATION GAME

"I tolerate it."

ON WORKING WITH TOM CRUISE ON "BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY"

"Oh, he was extraordinary. He was a powerhouse. He had more energy than I'd seen from anybody."

ON WHEN SHE KNEW SHE WANTED TO BE AN ACTRESS

"Well, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was in eighth grade and I did "Fiddler On the Roof"�it was as if my soul had come out of my body and was dancing around the room. It was an experience that I'd never had before. It was just pure joy. There was nothing else I wanted to do ever. I knew it."

ON HOW SHE GOT HER ROLE IN "THE CLOSER"

"It came to me kicking and screaming. I didn't want to read something that's good and shoots in LA for six months out of the year. So, I said don't send it. After months I said, all right, send it and it was great."

ON HOW SHE PREPARED TO PLAY A DEPUTY CHIEF OF POLICE

"I spent a lot of time with a detective at a special homicide division of the L.A.P.D., who is on the set all the time now. I went around with him in his car for a while."

ON HAVING A SUCCESSFUL CAREER AND MARRIAGE IN HOLLYWOOD

"I just think I met the right person, my soul mate, and I think he did too, he makes me laugh, and I love him so much. He's a beautiful human being and we let each other grow. I think that's also a really big part of it, too."

Sedgwick was born in New York and attended private schools. She is a great-granddaughter of Endicott Peabody, the founder of the Groton School, a niece of the writer John Sedgwick, and also a cousin of Edie Sedgwick, a star of Andy Warhol's early films. A graduate of USC, Kyra pursued a career that includes Stage, Screen and Television.

She made her professional acting debut, at 16, on the soap "Another World" (1964). Her first brush with stardom came in "Born on the Fourth of July" (1989) as Donna, the high school sweetheart of Tom Cruise. Two of her more acclaimed TV projects were "Lemon Sky," a 1987 drama that also served to introduce her to her future husband Kevin Bacon, who was cast as her half-brother, and 1992's "Miss Rose White," which starred Sedgwick as a Jewish career woman in search of her past. During the 1990s, she appeared in several minor Hollywood movies, such as "Something to Talk About" and "Phenomenon." Two of her roles led to Golden Globe nominations � "Miss Rose White." and "Something to Talk About." Sedgwick scored another "big break" that she would long be remembered for when Cameron Crowe cast her as the female lead in his film "Singles."

In 2005 Sedgwick took on the role of Deputy Police Chief Brenda Johnson who runs the Priority Homicide Division of the LAPD with an unorthodox style. In 2007, she received a Golden Globe award for her performance as lead actress in "The Closer."

[june 2007]

· CLOSER, THE (TNT)
· INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO (BRAVO)

[05/21/15 - 03:43 PM]
Updated: ABC's 2014-15 Primetime Ratings
ABC further spins the numbers for the season to date.

[05/21/15 - 03:27 PM]
Kickstarter Sensation "Kung Fury" Delivers Bad to the Bone 80's Action, Artistry and Hilarity... and El Rey Is the Only Place on Your TV Badass Enough to Show It
An official selection of the 2015 Cannes Film Festival, the visually spectacular 30-minute action comedy was created by Swedish filmmaker David Sandberg and backed by the Kickstarter community.

[05/21/15 - 02:26 PM]
Update: NBC Wins the 2014-15 Primetime Season in Adults 18-49, Claims Its Second Consecutive September-to-May Crown
NBC further spins the numbers for the season to date.

[05/21/15 - 02:09 PM]
Final: ABC's 2015 May Sweep Ratings
ABC further spins the numbers for the May sweeps period.

[05/21/15 - 01:40 PM]
Hulu's "The Hotwives of Las Vegas" Cast Announced
The second season is set to premiere exclusively on Hulu and Hulu Plus with episodes to stream weekly starting on Tuesday, August 18.

[05/21/15 - 01:01 PM]
Video: Watch Your Pack! MTV's "Teen Wolf" Season Five Trailer Has Arrived!
Look for the special two night premiere on Monday, June 29 and Tuesday, June 30.

[05/21/15 - 11:21 AM]
The World Premiere of "Jeff Ross Roasts Criminals: Live at Brazos County Jail" Debuts June 13 at 11 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central
For fans that can't wait for Ross' new material, the special will be available on June 13 on CC: Stand-Up Direct.

[05/21/15 - 11:04 AM]
Special Companion Piece Editions of "Extreme Weight Loss" -- "Love Can't Weight" -- To Premiere June 23 on ABC
David Tutera, Rocco DiSpirito and "Duff" Goldman will guest star as part of the couple's "Wedding Dream Team."

[05/21/15 - 10:58 AM]
The Final Broadcast of the "Late Show with David Letterman" Delivers 13.76 Million Viewers - Its Largest Audience Since 1994
CBS spins the late-night numbers for Wednesday, May 20.

[05/21/15 - 10:12 AM]
TLC Signs on for a New Season of "Our Little Family"
The network ordered eight hour-long episodes and a one-hour special with the family answering behind-the-scenes questions, slated to premiere in September 2015.

[05/21/15 - 09:14 AM]
HGTV and DIY Network Renew Five Series
The former's "Island Life" and "Island Hunters" and the latter's "Texas Flip and Move," "Garage Gold" and "Building Alaska" are all due back.

[05/21/15 - 09:02 AM]
USA Network to Air Academy Award(R)-Winning Film "Born on the Fourth of July" with an Introduction by Academy Award-Nominated Actor Tom Cruise
In commemoration of Memorial Day, the groundbreaking film will air on USA Network, Saturday, May 23 at 7/6c and feature a special, new introduction from lead actor Tom Cruise.

[05/21/15 - 08:57 AM]
"Mysteries of Laura" Captures Its Top Results Since February 25
NBC spins the numbers for Wednesday, May 20.

[05/21/15 - 08:31 AM]
ABC's "500 Questions" Opens Solidly Against CBS' "Survivor" Finale
ABC spins the numbers for Wednesday, May 20.

[05/21/15 - 08:24 AM]
Fan-Driven Programming Marathon & Twitter Party Planned for "Fixer Upper" on Memorial Day Weekend
In addition, fans of the series can live tweet with stars Chip and Joanna Gaines from 7 p. m. to 8 p.m. ET/PT using #FixerUpper.