[06/06/07 - 02:20 PM]
Golden Globe Winner Kyra Sedgwick Joins Bravo's Inside the Actors Studio Monday, June 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT
During her wide-ranging interview with Lipton, Sedgwick reveals what life is like being married to movie star [Kevin Bacon], working with Tom Cruise on "Born on the Fourth Of July," and how she prepared for her role in the hit television series "The Closer," among other topics.

[via press release from Bravo]

GOLDEN GLOBE WINNER KYRA SEDGWICK JOINS BRAVO'S INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO MONDAY, JUNE 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT

www.BravoTV.com Offers Exclusive Bonus Clips "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio"

NEW YORK � June 6, 2007 � Bravo's 12-time Emmy-nominated series, "Inside the Actor's Studio" welcomes Golden Globe winner Kyra Sedgwick to the stage on Monday, June 11, 2007 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Host James Lipton takes an in-depth look at Sedgwick's life and career, discussing the actress's three-pronged profession on the big screen, little screen and on the stage. Viewers can catch "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio" at www.BravoTV.com, for exclusive bonus clips of Sedgwick's interview. Photography is available on Media Village at www.nbcmv.com/bravo.

Following are excerpts from the interview:

ON HER FIRST IMPRESSION OF HUSBAND KEVIN BACON

"I thought he was cocky and unreal and, I thought it was all a front... but for him it was instant lust, he said."

ON THE KEVIN BACON 6 DEGREES OF SEPARATION GAME

"I tolerate it."

ON WORKING WITH TOM CRUISE ON "BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY"

"Oh, he was extraordinary. He was a powerhouse. He had more energy than I'd seen from anybody."

ON WHEN SHE KNEW SHE WANTED TO BE AN ACTRESS

"Well, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was in eighth grade and I did "Fiddler On the Roof"�it was as if my soul had come out of my body and was dancing around the room. It was an experience that I'd never had before. It was just pure joy. There was nothing else I wanted to do ever. I knew it."

ON HOW SHE GOT HER ROLE IN "THE CLOSER"

"It came to me kicking and screaming. I didn't want to read something that's good and shoots in LA for six months out of the year. So, I said don't send it. After months I said, all right, send it and it was great."

ON HOW SHE PREPARED TO PLAY A DEPUTY CHIEF OF POLICE

"I spent a lot of time with a detective at a special homicide division of the L.A.P.D., who is on the set all the time now. I went around with him in his car for a while."

ON HAVING A SUCCESSFUL CAREER AND MARRIAGE IN HOLLYWOOD

"I just think I met the right person, my soul mate, and I think he did too, he makes me laugh, and I love him so much. He's a beautiful human being and we let each other grow. I think that's also a really big part of it, too."

Sedgwick was born in New York and attended private schools. She is a great-granddaughter of Endicott Peabody, the founder of the Groton School, a niece of the writer John Sedgwick, and also a cousin of Edie Sedgwick, a star of Andy Warhol's early films. A graduate of USC, Kyra pursued a career that includes Stage, Screen and Television.

She made her professional acting debut, at 16, on the soap "Another World" (1964). Her first brush with stardom came in "Born on the Fourth of July" (1989) as Donna, the high school sweetheart of Tom Cruise. Two of her more acclaimed TV projects were "Lemon Sky," a 1987 drama that also served to introduce her to her future husband Kevin Bacon, who was cast as her half-brother, and 1992's "Miss Rose White," which starred Sedgwick as a Jewish career woman in search of her past. During the 1990s, she appeared in several minor Hollywood movies, such as "Something to Talk About" and "Phenomenon." Two of her roles led to Golden Globe nominations � "Miss Rose White." and "Something to Talk About." Sedgwick scored another "big break" that she would long be remembered for when Cameron Crowe cast her as the female lead in his film "Singles."

In 2005 Sedgwick took on the role of Deputy Police Chief Brenda Johnson who runs the Priority Homicide Division of the LAPD with an unorthodox style. In 2007, she received a Golden Globe award for her performance as lead actress in "The Closer."

[june 2007]

· CLOSER, THE (TNT)
· INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO (BRAVO)

[09/18/14 - 08:29 AM]
Wednesday's Broadcast Ratings: NBC Tops Charts with "Got Talent" Finale, "Laura" Premiere
The Peacock easily leads the night in both total viewers and adults 18-49.

[09/17/14 - 01:35 PM]
ABC Family's "100 Days Until Christmas" Campaign a Social Media Hit on Facebook
"Pretty Little Liars" continues to be dominate on Twitter, ranking as TV's #1 most-tweeted TV drama series of Summer 2014.

[09/17/14 - 01:35 PM]
The Viral Video Show That Started It All, "America's Funniest Home Videos," Celebrates 25th Anniversary with Maker Studios Content Partnership Anchored by Original Clip Show "ShayFV" Starring Shay Carl
The original content initiative extends an existing relationship between Vin Di Bona Productions and Maker Studios.

[09/17/14 - 01:34 PM]
Former President Bill Clinton to Appear on "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" Thursday, September 18 at 11 p.m. ET/PT
President Clinton will preside over the 10th Clinton Global Initiative Annual Meeting, which takes place next week (September 21-24) in New York City.

[09/17/14 - 01:33 PM]
A+E Networks(R) Hits 22 Million Downloads with TV Everywhere Apps
The free, ad-supported TV Everywhere apps offer fans access to full episodes, movies and exclusive clips of their favorite A+E Networks HD programming.

[09/17/14 - 12:44 PM]
TBS to Celebrate 20 Years of "Friends" with 20-Episode Marathon on Sept. 22
"We're thrilled to be celebrating Friends' 20th anniversary by giving fans the chance to choose their favorite episodes for TBS's 20-episode marathon," said Phil Oppenheim.

[09/17/14 - 12:38 PM]
SundanceTV Celebrates Academy(R) Award Winner Danny Boyle
In honor of his upcoming series "Babylon," SundanceTV is featuring an evening-long celebration of the renowned director, including the original long form episode that inspired the series of the same name.

[09/17/14 - 12:24 PM]
HGTV's "Love It or List It" Begins Production in Raleigh-Durham
Producers at Big Coat Productions are actively seeking potential homeowners who are torn between renovating their existing home and relocating to a new residence.

[09/17/14 - 12:16 PM]
TV Land Hosts a Two-Day Marathon for the 30th Anniversary of "The Cosby Show"
The marathon begins Saturday, September 20 at 2pm with fan favorite episode, "How Ugly Is He?"

[09/17/14 - 12:15 PM]
FX Networks Announces 2014 New York Comic Con Schedule
"The Americans," "Archer" and "The League" are the among the network's shows being featured.

[09/17/14 - 12:01 PM]
Sit Back, Relax and Enjoy Television's Most Buzzworthy Moments as Bravo Media's "The People's Couch" Returns Tuesday, October 7 at 10PM ET/PT
This documentary series turns the cameras around on everyone's favorite couchers as they share their sentiments - whether good, bad or ugly - on this Fall's buzziest and most talked about "water cooler" series.

[09/17/14 - 11:59 AM]
"The 50 Year Argument," An Inside Look at the New York Review of Books, Debuts Sept. 29, Exclusively on HBO; Martin Scorsese and David Tedeschi Direct
The film marks Scorsese's third documentary to be presented on HBO, and Tedeschi's first co-directing project with Scorsese.

[09/17/14 - 11:14 AM]
Oxygen Media Goes Mad for New Series "My Crazy Love" Premiering Tuesday, October 28 at 10PM ET/PT
Each week, real people share their personal stories about a time in their life when the intoxication of love led them to extreme behavior and embarrassing acts.

[09/17/14 - 11:13 AM]
Discovery Channel and BBC Track One of the World's Rarest Animals in "Last Tiger Standing"
The one-hour special premieres Thursday, September 25 at 10:00/9:00c on the network.

[09/17/14 - 10:52 AM]
Time to Set the DVR: A Guide to CMT's Fall Lineup
Among the newly announced dates are the return of "Redneck Island" and two one-hour specials from "Party Down South."