[06/06/07 - 02:20 PM]
Golden Globe Winner Kyra Sedgwick Joins Bravo's Inside the Actors Studio Monday, June 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT
During her wide-ranging interview with Lipton, Sedgwick reveals what life is like being married to movie star [Kevin Bacon], working with Tom Cruise on "Born on the Fourth Of July," and how she prepared for her role in the hit television series "The Closer," among other topics.

[via press release from Bravo]

GOLDEN GLOBE WINNER KYRA SEDGWICK JOINS BRAVO'S INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO MONDAY, JUNE 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT

www.BravoTV.com Offers Exclusive Bonus Clips "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio"

NEW YORK � June 6, 2007 � Bravo's 12-time Emmy-nominated series, "Inside the Actor's Studio" welcomes Golden Globe winner Kyra Sedgwick to the stage on Monday, June 11, 2007 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Host James Lipton takes an in-depth look at Sedgwick's life and career, discussing the actress's three-pronged profession on the big screen, little screen and on the stage. Viewers can catch "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio" at www.BravoTV.com, for exclusive bonus clips of Sedgwick's interview. Photography is available on Media Village at www.nbcmv.com/bravo.

Following are excerpts from the interview:

ON HER FIRST IMPRESSION OF HUSBAND KEVIN BACON

"I thought he was cocky and unreal and, I thought it was all a front... but for him it was instant lust, he said."

ON THE KEVIN BACON 6 DEGREES OF SEPARATION GAME

"I tolerate it."

ON WORKING WITH TOM CRUISE ON "BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY"

"Oh, he was extraordinary. He was a powerhouse. He had more energy than I'd seen from anybody."

ON WHEN SHE KNEW SHE WANTED TO BE AN ACTRESS

"Well, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was in eighth grade and I did "Fiddler On the Roof"�it was as if my soul had come out of my body and was dancing around the room. It was an experience that I'd never had before. It was just pure joy. There was nothing else I wanted to do ever. I knew it."

ON HOW SHE GOT HER ROLE IN "THE CLOSER"

"It came to me kicking and screaming. I didn't want to read something that's good and shoots in LA for six months out of the year. So, I said don't send it. After months I said, all right, send it and it was great."

ON HOW SHE PREPARED TO PLAY A DEPUTY CHIEF OF POLICE

"I spent a lot of time with a detective at a special homicide division of the L.A.P.D., who is on the set all the time now. I went around with him in his car for a while."

ON HAVING A SUCCESSFUL CAREER AND MARRIAGE IN HOLLYWOOD

"I just think I met the right person, my soul mate, and I think he did too, he makes me laugh, and I love him so much. He's a beautiful human being and we let each other grow. I think that's also a really big part of it, too."

Sedgwick was born in New York and attended private schools. She is a great-granddaughter of Endicott Peabody, the founder of the Groton School, a niece of the writer John Sedgwick, and also a cousin of Edie Sedgwick, a star of Andy Warhol's early films. A graduate of USC, Kyra pursued a career that includes Stage, Screen and Television.

She made her professional acting debut, at 16, on the soap "Another World" (1964). Her first brush with stardom came in "Born on the Fourth of July" (1989) as Donna, the high school sweetheart of Tom Cruise. Two of her more acclaimed TV projects were "Lemon Sky," a 1987 drama that also served to introduce her to her future husband Kevin Bacon, who was cast as her half-brother, and 1992's "Miss Rose White," which starred Sedgwick as a Jewish career woman in search of her past. During the 1990s, she appeared in several minor Hollywood movies, such as "Something to Talk About" and "Phenomenon." Two of her roles led to Golden Globe nominations � "Miss Rose White." and "Something to Talk About." Sedgwick scored another "big break" that she would long be remembered for when Cameron Crowe cast her as the female lead in his film "Singles."

In 2005 Sedgwick took on the role of Deputy Police Chief Brenda Johnson who runs the Priority Homicide Division of the LAPD with an unorthodox style. In 2007, she received a Golden Globe award for her performance as lead actress in "The Closer."

[june 2007]

· CLOSER, THE (TNT)
· INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO (BRAVO)

[10/01/14 - 04:44 PM]
TV Land Orders Two New Comedies, "Impastor" and "Teachers," To Series
Both series will premiere on the cable channel in 2015.

[10/01/14 - 04:36 PM]
A Roloff Wedding Wraps Up the Most Watched Season Ever of "Little People, Big World" with 1.9M P2+ Viewers
TLC spins the numbers for Tuesday, September 30.

[10/01/14 - 03:15 PM]
"MasterChef Junior" Moves to Tuesdays
Newcomer "Utopia" will now only air once a week: Fridays at 8:00/7:00c.

[10/01/14 - 02:41 PM]
E! Reunites the Most Outrageous Patients When "Botched Reunion: Show & Tell" Airs Sunday, October 26 and Monday, October 27 at 10:00PM ET/PT
Maria Menounos hosts the two-part special, in which Paul Nassif and Terry Dubrow reunite to look back at the nationwide success of the first season and welcome some of their most outrageous patients.

[10/01/14 - 01:53 PM]
NFL and DIRECTV Extend NFL SUNDAY TICKET in New Multi-Year Deal
The new agreement also expands DIRECTV's rights to stream NFL SUNDAY TICKET live on mobile devices and via broadband, known as NFL SUNDAY TICKET.TV, as previously announced.

[10/01/14 - 01:01 PM]
AMC Revolutionary War Drama "Turn: Washington's Spies" Begins Production on Second Season
The show will film in and around Richmond, Virginia, including at two historic locations in Williamsburg; Colonial Williamsburg's Historic Area and on the campus of the College of William & Mary.

[10/01/14 - 12:12 PM]
ESPN Extends Dick Vitale's Contract Through 2016-17
Vitale will call some of the season's top games across ESPN networks, including regular-season action primarily on ESPN and ESPN2 and the Men's Final Four for ESPN International.

[10/01/14 - 11:05 AM]
Celebrate the Holidays with "CMA Country Christmas" Hosted by Jennifer Nettles
The special, which features Jennifer Nettles hosting for the fifth year, airs this holiday season on the ABC Television Network.

[10/01/14 - 11:04 AM]
ABC to Encore "Once Upon a Time" Premiere This Sunday, Push "AFHV" Return by One Week
Look for season 25 of "America's Funniest Home Videos" to now launch on Sunday, October 12 at 7:00/6:00c.

[10/01/14 - 11:00 AM]
FX Networks Orders Comedy Pilot "Pariah"
Comedian Bill Burr stars in the project, about a volatile TV personality who is exiled from show business and forced to navigate society as a man with no apparent skills.

[10/01/14 - 10:49 AM]
Holidays at Food Network Get Even Sweeter with New Series "Holiday Baking Championship"
Hosted by Bobby Deen, the series premieres Sunday, November 9 at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[10/01/14 - 10:14 AM]
National League Division Series Presented by Budweiser Coverage Begins Friday, Oct. 3 on FOX Sports 1 & FOX Deportes
This week, MLB postseason coverage comes to FOX Sports 1 for the first time as America's new sports network is scheduled to televise up to eight games of the National League Division Series.

[10/01/14 - 10:14 AM]
ESPN's Audience up for Fiscal Year; U.S. Networks also Rise as a Group
ESPN spins the numbers for the fiscal year to date.

[10/01/14 - 10:14 AM]
"Tosh.0" to Debut Family-Friendly Episode Tuesday, October 7 at 10 p.m. on Comedy Central
"Comedy isn't about being clean or dirty, it's about appealing to as wide an audience as possible so I can sell more tickets to my stand-up shows," said Tosh.

[10/01/14 - 10:07 AM]
AMC to Debut "Better Call Saul" Music Video This Sunday, October 5 at 7:15pm ET/PT During the Final Night of The "Breaking Bad" Binge
The song is performed by country artist Junior Brown.