[06/06/07 - 02:20 PM]
Golden Globe Winner Kyra Sedgwick Joins Bravo's Inside the Actors Studio Monday, June 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT
During her wide-ranging interview with Lipton, Sedgwick reveals what life is like being married to movie star [Kevin Bacon], working with Tom Cruise on "Born on the Fourth Of July," and how she prepared for her role in the hit television series "The Closer," among other topics.

[via press release from Bravo]

GOLDEN GLOBE WINNER KYRA SEDGWICK JOINS BRAVO'S INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO MONDAY, JUNE 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT

www.BravoTV.com Offers Exclusive Bonus Clips "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio"

NEW YORK � June 6, 2007 � Bravo's 12-time Emmy-nominated series, "Inside the Actor's Studio" welcomes Golden Globe winner Kyra Sedgwick to the stage on Monday, June 11, 2007 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Host James Lipton takes an in-depth look at Sedgwick's life and career, discussing the actress's three-pronged profession on the big screen, little screen and on the stage. Viewers can catch "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio" at www.BravoTV.com, for exclusive bonus clips of Sedgwick's interview. Photography is available on Media Village at www.nbcmv.com/bravo.

Following are excerpts from the interview:

ON HER FIRST IMPRESSION OF HUSBAND KEVIN BACON

"I thought he was cocky and unreal and, I thought it was all a front... but for him it was instant lust, he said."

ON THE KEVIN BACON 6 DEGREES OF SEPARATION GAME

"I tolerate it."

ON WORKING WITH TOM CRUISE ON "BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY"

"Oh, he was extraordinary. He was a powerhouse. He had more energy than I'd seen from anybody."

ON WHEN SHE KNEW SHE WANTED TO BE AN ACTRESS

"Well, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was in eighth grade and I did "Fiddler On the Roof"�it was as if my soul had come out of my body and was dancing around the room. It was an experience that I'd never had before. It was just pure joy. There was nothing else I wanted to do ever. I knew it."

ON HOW SHE GOT HER ROLE IN "THE CLOSER"

"It came to me kicking and screaming. I didn't want to read something that's good and shoots in LA for six months out of the year. So, I said don't send it. After months I said, all right, send it and it was great."

ON HOW SHE PREPARED TO PLAY A DEPUTY CHIEF OF POLICE

"I spent a lot of time with a detective at a special homicide division of the L.A.P.D., who is on the set all the time now. I went around with him in his car for a while."

ON HAVING A SUCCESSFUL CAREER AND MARRIAGE IN HOLLYWOOD

"I just think I met the right person, my soul mate, and I think he did too, he makes me laugh, and I love him so much. He's a beautiful human being and we let each other grow. I think that's also a really big part of it, too."

Sedgwick was born in New York and attended private schools. She is a great-granddaughter of Endicott Peabody, the founder of the Groton School, a niece of the writer John Sedgwick, and also a cousin of Edie Sedgwick, a star of Andy Warhol's early films. A graduate of USC, Kyra pursued a career that includes Stage, Screen and Television.

She made her professional acting debut, at 16, on the soap "Another World" (1964). Her first brush with stardom came in "Born on the Fourth of July" (1989) as Donna, the high school sweetheart of Tom Cruise. Two of her more acclaimed TV projects were "Lemon Sky," a 1987 drama that also served to introduce her to her future husband Kevin Bacon, who was cast as her half-brother, and 1992's "Miss Rose White," which starred Sedgwick as a Jewish career woman in search of her past. During the 1990s, she appeared in several minor Hollywood movies, such as "Something to Talk About" and "Phenomenon." Two of her roles led to Golden Globe nominations � "Miss Rose White." and "Something to Talk About." Sedgwick scored another "big break" that she would long be remembered for when Cameron Crowe cast her as the female lead in his film "Singles."

In 2005 Sedgwick took on the role of Deputy Police Chief Brenda Johnson who runs the Priority Homicide Division of the LAPD with an unorthodox style. In 2007, she received a Golden Globe award for her performance as lead actress in "The Closer."

[june 2007]

· CLOSER, THE (TNT)
· INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO (BRAVO)

[04/29/17 - 08:25 AM]
Friday's Broadcast Ratings: CBS Tops Viewers, Splits Demos with NBC
The Eye's "Hawaii Five-0" wins the night among adults 18-49.

[04/28/17 - 02:00 PM]
Video: Watch a Behind-the-Scenes First Look at FOX's New Dating Show, "Love Connection," Hosted by Andy Cohen
The unscripted series will now premiere at 9:00/8:00c on Thursday, May 25 following "Beat Shazam."

[04/28/17 - 12:39 PM]
"The President Show" Inaugural Episode Draws Huge Crowd Topping Trump's Actual Inauguration
Comedy Central spins the numbers for Thursday, April 27.

[04/28/17 - 11:25 AM]
WE tv's New Series "Growing Up Hip Hop Atlanta" Premieres Thursday, May 25 at 10pm ET/CT
"Growing Up Hip Hop Atlanta" features a tight-knit crew of friends who reveal the perks and perils of being born into Hip Hop royalty.

[04/28/17 - 10:43 AM]
Netflix Unveils "FYSee" - A Month-Long Celebration Highlighting the Best of Netflix Series
For the first time, Netflix's FYSee will feature a full month of programming designed to connect industry with the shows, creators and talent they love in wholly new and unusual ways.

[04/28/17 - 10:02 AM]
Paramount Television and Anonymous Content Option Rights to Anne Rice's Best-Selling Series, "The Vampire Chronicles"
Christopher Rice, four-time New York Times Bestselling(R) author and recipient of the Lambda Literary Award, will pen the series and serve as executive producer alongside Anne Rice, and Anonymous Content's David Kanter and Steve Golin.

[04/28/17 - 10:02 AM]
"Star Trek: Discovery" Adds to Its Ranks
Shazad Latif, Rekha Sharma, Kenneth Mitchell, Clare McConnell and Damon Runyan are among the latest additions.

[04/28/17 - 09:55 AM]
British Comedic Legend Tommy Maitland Has Been Announced to Host ABC's Irreverent Talent Competition Show "The Gong Show"
A revolving panel of judges featuring Hollywood's hottest stars praise, critique and gong contestants in one of TV's all-time great variety shows.

[04/28/17 - 09:47 AM]
Showtime(R) Sets Summer Premiere Dates for Hit Series "Ray Donovan" and "Episodes"
Look for the new seasons on August 6 and August 20, respectively, with "Twin Peaks" moving to the 8:00/7:00c slot on August 6.

[04/28/17 - 09:40 AM]
Her Story Continues - "Z: The Beginning of Everything" Is Returning for a Second Season
The streaming service formally announced said renewal this morning.

[04/28/17 - 08:30 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: ABC Inches Past CBS Among Adults 18-49
The Alphabet wins the night in demos while the Eye is the most-watched broadcaster.

[04/28/17 - 07:56 AM]
ESPN's Round 1 NFL Draft Telecast Delivers 4.8 Overnight Rating
ESPN spins the numbers for Thursday, April 27.

[04/28/17 - 07:32 AM]
Universal Pictures' "Fast & Furious" Franchise to Receive Generation Award at the "2017 MTV Movie & TV Awards"
"We are thrilled to celebrate the 'Fast & Furious' franchise and its global contribution to pop culture," said Amy Doyle, General Manager, MTV, VH1 and Logo.

[04/28/17 - 06:00 AM]
"Ellen"'s Coming-Out Episode, "The Puppy Episode: Parts 1 and 2," Streaming Now on the ABC App
This Sunday, April 30, is the 20th anniversary of the historic coming-out episode of the "Ellen" sitcom on ABC.

[04/27/17 - 03:01 PM]
BET Networks Says YES to Comedy Superstars and Music Legends with Original New Scripted, Late Night and Mini-Series
VH1 imports "Hit the Floor" and "The Breaks" will join fellow returning drama "The Quad."