[06/06/07 - 02:20 PM]
Golden Globe Winner Kyra Sedgwick Joins Bravo's Inside the Actors Studio Monday, June 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT
During her wide-ranging interview with Lipton, Sedgwick reveals what life is like being married to movie star [Kevin Bacon], working with Tom Cruise on "Born on the Fourth Of July," and how she prepared for her role in the hit television series "The Closer," among other topics.

[via press release from Bravo]

GOLDEN GLOBE WINNER KYRA SEDGWICK JOINS BRAVO'S INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO MONDAY, JUNE 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT

www.BravoTV.com Offers Exclusive Bonus Clips "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio"

NEW YORK � June 6, 2007 � Bravo's 12-time Emmy-nominated series, "Inside the Actor's Studio" welcomes Golden Globe winner Kyra Sedgwick to the stage on Monday, June 11, 2007 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Host James Lipton takes an in-depth look at Sedgwick's life and career, discussing the actress's three-pronged profession on the big screen, little screen and on the stage. Viewers can catch "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio" at www.BravoTV.com, for exclusive bonus clips of Sedgwick's interview. Photography is available on Media Village at www.nbcmv.com/bravo.

Following are excerpts from the interview:

ON HER FIRST IMPRESSION OF HUSBAND KEVIN BACON

"I thought he was cocky and unreal and, I thought it was all a front... but for him it was instant lust, he said."

ON THE KEVIN BACON 6 DEGREES OF SEPARATION GAME

"I tolerate it."

ON WORKING WITH TOM CRUISE ON "BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY"

"Oh, he was extraordinary. He was a powerhouse. He had more energy than I'd seen from anybody."

ON WHEN SHE KNEW SHE WANTED TO BE AN ACTRESS

"Well, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was in eighth grade and I did "Fiddler On the Roof"�it was as if my soul had come out of my body and was dancing around the room. It was an experience that I'd never had before. It was just pure joy. There was nothing else I wanted to do ever. I knew it."

ON HOW SHE GOT HER ROLE IN "THE CLOSER"

"It came to me kicking and screaming. I didn't want to read something that's good and shoots in LA for six months out of the year. So, I said don't send it. After months I said, all right, send it and it was great."

ON HOW SHE PREPARED TO PLAY A DEPUTY CHIEF OF POLICE

"I spent a lot of time with a detective at a special homicide division of the L.A.P.D., who is on the set all the time now. I went around with him in his car for a while."

ON HAVING A SUCCESSFUL CAREER AND MARRIAGE IN HOLLYWOOD

"I just think I met the right person, my soul mate, and I think he did too, he makes me laugh, and I love him so much. He's a beautiful human being and we let each other grow. I think that's also a really big part of it, too."

Sedgwick was born in New York and attended private schools. She is a great-granddaughter of Endicott Peabody, the founder of the Groton School, a niece of the writer John Sedgwick, and also a cousin of Edie Sedgwick, a star of Andy Warhol's early films. A graduate of USC, Kyra pursued a career that includes Stage, Screen and Television.

She made her professional acting debut, at 16, on the soap "Another World" (1964). Her first brush with stardom came in "Born on the Fourth of July" (1989) as Donna, the high school sweetheart of Tom Cruise. Two of her more acclaimed TV projects were "Lemon Sky," a 1987 drama that also served to introduce her to her future husband Kevin Bacon, who was cast as her half-brother, and 1992's "Miss Rose White," which starred Sedgwick as a Jewish career woman in search of her past. During the 1990s, she appeared in several minor Hollywood movies, such as "Something to Talk About" and "Phenomenon." Two of her roles led to Golden Globe nominations � "Miss Rose White." and "Something to Talk About." Sedgwick scored another "big break" that she would long be remembered for when Cameron Crowe cast her as the female lead in his film "Singles."

In 2005 Sedgwick took on the role of Deputy Police Chief Brenda Johnson who runs the Priority Homicide Division of the LAPD with an unorthodox style. In 2007, she received a Golden Globe award for her performance as lead actress in "The Closer."

[june 2007]

· CLOSER, THE (TNT)
· INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO (BRAVO)

[04/28/16 - 03:55 PM]
"Undercover Boss" Returns with Five New Episodes, Sunday, May 15 on CBS
Look for the show's 100th installment on Sunday, May 22.

[04/28/16 - 01:01 PM]
National Geographic Channel Goes Straight to Series with Its First Multiseason Scripted Anthology Series, "Genius"
The premiere season will focus on scientist Albert Einstein and will be based on Walter Isaacson's critically acclaimed book "Einstein: His Life and Universe," adapted by writer Noah Pink.

[04/28/16 - 12:35 PM]
All-New Episodes of "Motive" Move to Sundays on USA
The Canadian import previously aired on Friday nights at 10:00/9:00c.

[04/28/16 - 12:31 PM]
Freeform Premiere of the Documentary "Twinsters" Airs May 7 at 8:30 P.M. EDT
"Twinsters" is a two-hour documentary about two young women who were both adopted from South Korea and raised on different continents.

[04/28/16 - 12:20 PM]
Investigation Discovery's Hit Series "True Crime with Aphrodite Jones" Returns for an All-New-Season
Season six will air on Monday nights beginning May 2 at 9:00/8:00c.

[04/28/16 - 11:45 AM]
Don't Mess with Mommy This May on LMN with Host Wendy Williams Movie Premieres All Weekend for Mother's Day
Then from May 15 through May 22, LMN Premiere Movie Week will feature more new movies every night of the week at 8:00/7:00c.

[04/28/16 - 11:14 AM]
"Monster Week" Returns to Animal Planet on May 26 with All-New Programming You Can Really Sink Your Teeth Into
"'Monster Week' is the most audacious of Animal Planet's quarterly tentpole events continually surprising our viewers with the most enigmatic of creatures," said Rich Ross.

[04/28/16 - 11:00 AM]
"LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures" Premieres Monday, June 20 on Disney XD
Set between the events of "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi," the action comedy series follows the Freemakers, a family of sibling scavengers who operate a salvage and repair shop in space.

[04/28/16 - 10:35 AM]
Country Powerhouses Martina McBride, Jennifer Nettles and Cam to Kick Off the "2016 American Country Countdown Awards" with McBride's Timeless Female Anthem "This One's for the Girls"
"I always look forward to singing this song because it resonates with so many different people of all different ages," said Martina.

[04/28/16 - 10:13 AM]
MTV's Hit Matchmaking Series "Are You the One?" Returns on an All-New Night Monday, June 13 at 10:00 P.M. ET/PT
Building on "AYTO's" successful formula, season four will feature a game-changing twist that for the first time will truly test the theory, "If your perfect match was standing right in front of you, would you even know it?"

[04/28/16 - 10:04 AM]
"Live from Daryl's House" and "Later... With Jools Holland" New Seasons to Premiere on MTV Live Thursday, May 5
TV Live, MTV's 24-hour high-definition music channel, was rebranded from Palladia in February.

[04/28/16 - 10:01 AM]
Travel Channel Hits Highest-Rated April in Three Years Among P25-54
Travel Channel spins the numbers for the month of April.

[04/28/16 - 09:37 AM]
New Series "Mygrations" Premieres Monday, May 23, at 9/8c on National Geographic Channel
Each spring, in a desperate bid for survival, 1.3 million wildebeests race hundreds of miles north from the dry southern Serengeti plains to the lush grasses of the Maasai Mara in Kenya.

[04/28/16 - 09:36 AM]
"Match Game" Returns to Primetime With Host Alec Baldwin on ABC
The 10-episode series will air 10:00-11:00 p.m. EDT as part of ABC's Sunday Fun & Games block, alongside "Celebrity Family Feud," with Steve Harvey, and "The 100,000 Pyramid," with Michael Strahan, beginning on Sunday, June 26.

[04/28/16 - 09:34 AM]
NBC's Hit Series "Little Big Shots" Closes Out Its First Season with Two Final Episodes May 1 & 8; Casting for Season 2 Has Begun
Ellen DeGeneres and Steve Harvey executive produce the popular, family-friendly series, with Harvey also serving as host.