[06/06/07 - 02:20 PM]
Golden Globe Winner Kyra Sedgwick Joins Bravo's Inside the Actors Studio Monday, June 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT
During her wide-ranging interview with Lipton, Sedgwick reveals what life is like being married to movie star [Kevin Bacon], working with Tom Cruise on "Born on the Fourth Of July," and how she prepared for her role in the hit television series "The Closer," among other topics.

[via press release from Bravo]

GOLDEN GLOBE WINNER KYRA SEDGWICK JOINS BRAVO'S INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO MONDAY, JUNE 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT

www.BravoTV.com Offers Exclusive Bonus Clips "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio"

NEW YORK � June 6, 2007 � Bravo's 12-time Emmy-nominated series, "Inside the Actor's Studio" welcomes Golden Globe winner Kyra Sedgwick to the stage on Monday, June 11, 2007 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Host James Lipton takes an in-depth look at Sedgwick's life and career, discussing the actress's three-pronged profession on the big screen, little screen and on the stage. Viewers can catch "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio" at www.BravoTV.com, for exclusive bonus clips of Sedgwick's interview. Photography is available on Media Village at www.nbcmv.com/bravo.

Following are excerpts from the interview:

ON HER FIRST IMPRESSION OF HUSBAND KEVIN BACON

"I thought he was cocky and unreal and, I thought it was all a front... but for him it was instant lust, he said."

ON THE KEVIN BACON 6 DEGREES OF SEPARATION GAME

"I tolerate it."

ON WORKING WITH TOM CRUISE ON "BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY"

"Oh, he was extraordinary. He was a powerhouse. He had more energy than I'd seen from anybody."

ON WHEN SHE KNEW SHE WANTED TO BE AN ACTRESS

"Well, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was in eighth grade and I did "Fiddler On the Roof"�it was as if my soul had come out of my body and was dancing around the room. It was an experience that I'd never had before. It was just pure joy. There was nothing else I wanted to do ever. I knew it."

ON HOW SHE GOT HER ROLE IN "THE CLOSER"

"It came to me kicking and screaming. I didn't want to read something that's good and shoots in LA for six months out of the year. So, I said don't send it. After months I said, all right, send it and it was great."

ON HOW SHE PREPARED TO PLAY A DEPUTY CHIEF OF POLICE

"I spent a lot of time with a detective at a special homicide division of the L.A.P.D., who is on the set all the time now. I went around with him in his car for a while."

ON HAVING A SUCCESSFUL CAREER AND MARRIAGE IN HOLLYWOOD

"I just think I met the right person, my soul mate, and I think he did too, he makes me laugh, and I love him so much. He's a beautiful human being and we let each other grow. I think that's also a really big part of it, too."

Sedgwick was born in New York and attended private schools. She is a great-granddaughter of Endicott Peabody, the founder of the Groton School, a niece of the writer John Sedgwick, and also a cousin of Edie Sedgwick, a star of Andy Warhol's early films. A graduate of USC, Kyra pursued a career that includes Stage, Screen and Television.

She made her professional acting debut, at 16, on the soap "Another World" (1964). Her first brush with stardom came in "Born on the Fourth of July" (1989) as Donna, the high school sweetheart of Tom Cruise. Two of her more acclaimed TV projects were "Lemon Sky," a 1987 drama that also served to introduce her to her future husband Kevin Bacon, who was cast as her half-brother, and 1992's "Miss Rose White," which starred Sedgwick as a Jewish career woman in search of her past. During the 1990s, she appeared in several minor Hollywood movies, such as "Something to Talk About" and "Phenomenon." Two of her roles led to Golden Globe nominations � "Miss Rose White." and "Something to Talk About." Sedgwick scored another "big break" that she would long be remembered for when Cameron Crowe cast her as the female lead in his film "Singles."

In 2005 Sedgwick took on the role of Deputy Police Chief Brenda Johnson who runs the Priority Homicide Division of the LAPD with an unorthodox style. In 2007, she received a Golden Globe award for her performance as lead actress in "The Closer."

[june 2007]

· CLOSER, THE (TNT)
· INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO (BRAVO)

[02/13/16 - 08:44 AM]
Friday's Broadcast Ratings: ABC Leads the Night Among Adults 18-49
"Shark Tank" and "20/20" post big gains from a week ago.

[02/13/16 - 08:40 AM]
ABC Wins Friday with "Shark Tank" and "20/20" at Season Highs
ABC spins the numbers for Friday, February 12.

[02/13/16 - 08:29 AM]
"Grimm" Matches Its 18-49 High Since Nov. 6
NBC spins the numbers for Friday, February 12.

[02/12/16 - 05:55 PM]
The Academy Announces Third Slate of Presenters for the 88th Oscars(R)
"The Oscars(R)," hosted by Chris Rock, will air live Oscar Sunday, February 28, on ABC.

[02/12/16 - 02:05 PM]
MTV's Comedy Darlings, "Awkward" and "Faking It" Return with Plenty of Surprises on Tuesday, March 15 at 10PM and 10:30PM ET/PT
The second half of "Awkward" season 5 kicks off at the beginning of summer, a year after we last saw Jenna and her friends.

[02/12/16 - 02:01 PM]
Jamie-Lynn Sigler Signs on to Guest Star on Freeform's Hit Series "Baby Daddy"
Sigler will portray Sarah Gilcrest, the "hot teacher" from Ben's high school days.

[02/12/16 - 01:19 PM]
Discovery Family Channel Celebrates Valentine's Day with a Weekend Filled with Shows Dedicated to Love and Friendship
The network will offer something for every member of the household from animated series such as "Strawberry Shortcake," "My Little Pony" and "Littlest Pet Shop" to special episodes of "Cake Boss" and some beloved films from a recent past.

[02/12/16 - 01:18 PM]
Discovery Family Channel Celebrates President's Day with a Special Programming Line Up
Look for a special presentation of "Broadway at the White House" and the film "The American President" on Monday, February 15.

[02/12/16 - 01:02 PM]
LEGO Star Wars Animated Short Featuring "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" Characters to Debut Monday, February 15 on Disney XD
"Poe to the Rescue" is the first episode in "LEGO Star Wars: The Resistance Rises," a series of all-new animated shorts that take place prior to the First Order's attack on Jakku.

[02/12/16 - 11:04 AM]
Video: "Confirmation" - Long Lead Tease (HBO Films)
The Kerry Washington-led film premieres Saturday, April 16 on the pay channel.

[02/12/16 - 10:22 AM]
Video: "Veep" Season 5 - Clip Tease (HBO)
The series returns for its 10-episode fifth season on Sunday, April 24.

[02/12/16 - 10:15 AM]
Syfy Greenlights Original Sci-Fi Thriller "Prototype" to Pilot
The project centers on three unlikely cohorts who inadvertently stumble upon an invention that challenges the very nature of quantum physics - a discovery which in turn puts their lives in grave danger.

[02/12/16 - 09:39 AM]
Video: AMC Releases a First-Look Trailer for the Upcoming Mini-Series Event "The Night Manager" Premiering on Tuesday, April 19 at 10 PM ET/PT
Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Laurie, Olivia Colman, Tom Hollander and Elizabeth Debicki star in the project.

[02/12/16 - 09:04 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: ABC, FOX Split Demo Crown
FOX however is the most-watched network on the night.

[02/12/16 - 09:03 AM]
Showtime(R) Kicks Off Grammy(R) Weekend by Unveiling the Official Trailer for Cameron Crowe's New Music Series "Roadies"
Luke Wilson and Carla Gugino star in the project, premiering Sunday, June 26 at 10:00/9:00c.