[09/19/07 - 04:20 PM]
The "Four Fathers of Comedy" Touch Down Sunday, September 23, on Fox
Homer Simpson, Hank Hill, Peter Griffin and Stan Smith - throw some Hail Marys with their "picks" for this Sunday's NFL games.

[via press release from FOX]

HOT FROM FOX...

THE "FOUR FATHERS OF COMEDY" TOUCH DOWN SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, ON FOX

Homer Simpson from THE SIMPSONS, Hank Hill from KING OF THE HILL, Peter Griffin from FAMILY GUY and Stan Smith from AMERICAN DAD Make Football Picks for the FOX Sunday-Night Fall Kickoff

As FOX's new Sunday-night lineup kicks off Sept. 23 with the 19th season premiere of THE SIMPSONS (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT), a football-themed episode of KING OF THE HILL (8:30-9:00 PM ET/PT) and a special "Star Wars" episode of FAMILY GUY (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), followed by the season premiere of AMERICAN DAD on Sunday, Sept. 30 (9:30-10:00 PM ET/PT), our quaterbacks of comedy � Homer Simpson, Hank Hill, Peter Griffin and Stan Smith � throw some Hail Marys with their "picks" for this Sunday's NFL games.

Buffalo Bills vs. New England Patriots:

Peter Griffin (FAMILY GUY): Well, first of all, New England is just freakin' sweet. They may not lose a game the entire year. Plus, the Pats got spy cameras watchin' you. Just like the government. "The Patriot Act" � that was all Belichick's idea. My pick: New England.

Arizona Cardinals vs. Baltimore Ravens:

Homer Simpson (THE SIMPSONS): Because it's the Cardinals versus the Ravens, I'm passing this one off to our family's bird-nerd, Lisa Simpson.

Lisa Simpson: It's called an ornithologist.

Homer Simpson: Thanks for nothing. Take the Ravens.

Indianapolis Colts vs. Houston Texans:

Stan Smith (AMERICAN DAD): You know, my first gun was a Colt 45. Man, I shot TONS of people with that thing! My pick: Indianapolis Colts.

Dallas Cowboys vs. Chicago Bears:

Hank Hill (KING OF THE HILL): Who's going to win the Cowboys/Bears game? Frankly I'm a little insulted you'd even ask me that question. The Cowboys are America's team. So I am going to go with America. My pick: Dallas Cowboys.

Homer Simpson: Let's see... If the show "Dallas" fought the band Chicago, who would win? Well, Bobby Ewing's got a cannon for an arm, but you're never going to get a passing game going with Peter Cetera coming on the blitz. It all comes down to special teams. I see Sue Ellen kicking a last-second field goal to give Dallas the win. But this game is up against THE SIMPSONS season premiere, starring Lionel Richie and Stephen Colbert, so watch that instead.

New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins:

Homer Simpson: I pick the Giants because their backup quarterback, Jared Lorenzen, like myself is a man of great weight. You're sending an important message to today's kids � obesity is not a problem in America.

Denver Broncos vs. Jacksonville Jaguars:

Stan Smith: Ah, Denver, the Mile High City. Wait, does that mean it's actually a mile high? So if Franny and I, you know (whistling), in Denver ... would that, like ... would that put us into the Mile High Club? My pick: Denver Broncos.

San Francisco 49ers vs. Pittsburgh Steelers:

Peter Griffin: The hometown fans are going to be pretty intense for Pittsburgh. They got nothing else to live for. The only chance for San Fran is if they can get Barry Bonds to play quarterback. Good luck finding a helmet to fit over that huge melon he calls a head. My pick: Pittsburgh Steelers.

Detroit Lions vs. Philadelphia Eagles:

Homer Simpson: You're a winner for not living in either of these cities. Unless you do, in which case I pick the city that is home to the Liberty Bell � Detroit. They stole it when Philadelphia wasn't looking.

Cincinnati Bengals vs. Seattle Seahawks:

Stan Smith: You gotta go with the team you know the best. I got to know the Bengals pretty well by arresting nine of them � Those guys are characters! My pick: Cincinnati Bengals.

Cleveland Browns vs. Oakland Raiders:

Hank Hill: Cleveland at Oakland? Well, neither of them are the Cowboys � and, well, Oakland is in California, so I'm going to have to go with Browns. My pick: Cleveland Browns.

San Diego Chargers vs. Green Bay Packers:

Homer Simpson: Brett Favre, I respect you enormously, but sir, it's time to retire. Just open a steakhouse called Brett's Place and put your old football junk in it. In the first year, go by once or twice a week, then never go again. My pick? Brett's Place. For the best onion rings in the entire Wisconsin thumb.

Carolina Panthers vs. Atlanta Falcons:

Hank Hill: I still think of the Panthers as a new team. And I generally don't like things that are new. And since the Panthers knocked the Cowboys out of the playoffs twice, I'll take the Falcons out of spite. My pick: Atlanta Falcons.

Miami Dolphins vs. New York Jets:

Homer Simpson: Both of these cities are awesome places to visit. Why do they even need football? However, I do like how the dolphin on the Miami helmet wears a helmet. That's smart. Safety first. Miami by six.

St. Louis Rams vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers:

Peter Griffin: Well, the Rams got Mark Bulger and he's tough to stop. Hehehe, bulge. My pick: St. Louis Rams.

Minnesota Vikings vs. Kansas City Chiefs:

Homer Simpson: I think Kansas City will be cooking up a tasty victory against the ... oh, "Chiefs." I thought it said "Chefs." Anyway, take Kansas City. Because the Vikings with their wide stance and tapping toes will never get out of the Minneapolis Airport men's room.

[september 2007]

· AMERICAN DAD (TBS)
· FAMILY GUY (FOX)
· KING OF THE HILL (FOX)
· SIMPSONS, THE (FOX)

[05/05/15 - 02:34 PM]
The CW Pulls "Cedric's Barber Battle" from Friday Lineup
Back-to-back episodes of "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" will now fill the 8:00/7:00c hour.

[05/05/15 - 02:31 PM]
Syfy and Steven Spielberg's Amblin Television Reuniting to Develop Aldous Huxley's Classic Novel "Brave New World"
In the series, humans are given mind-altering drugs, free sex and rampant consumerism are the order of the day, and people no longer reproduce but are genetically engineered in "hatcheries."

[05/05/15 - 01:07 PM]
It's Time to Get Saved with Lifetime(R)'s All-New Docuseries, "Preach" Premiering June 5
The six-episode series follows four powerful female leaders who believe God has given them the ability to heal the sick, see the future and rid people of their addictions.

[05/05/15 - 12:50 PM]
College Softball Conference Tournaments: 50 Games, 11 Championships
The ACC Championship Game (ESPN) and American Athletic Conference Championship Game (ESPN2) will be televised Saturday, May 9.

[05/05/15 - 12:45 PM]
Production Begins in Pittsburgh on WGN America's "Outsiders," New Original Drama Series from Peter Mattei, Peter Tolan and Paul Giamatti
David Morse, Joe Anderson, Thomas M. Wright and Ryan Hurst star in the 13-episode series, due in early 2016.

[05/05/15 - 12:34 PM]
U.S. Women's National Team Preps for World Cup in Two Send-Off Series Matches on FOX Sports 1
The series begins on Mother's Day, Sunday, May 10, with an important friendly against the Republic of Ireland, followed by a match against Mexico on Sunday, May 17.

[05/05/15 - 12:24 PM]
Hallmark Movies & Mysteries' Original Movie, "Murder, She Baked: A Chocolate Chip Cookie Mystery" Becomes the Network's Most-Watched Film Among W25-54, Households, and Total Viewers
The Hallmark Channel spins the numbers for Saturday, May 2.

[05/05/15 - 12:01 PM]
C. Thomas Howell and Henry Rollins to Guest Star in ABC Family's New Procedural Drama "Stitchers"
Howell will guest star in a recurring role as Daniel, a mysterious person Kirsten (series star Emma Ishta) knew long ago.

[05/05/15 - 11:48 AM]
Esquire Network Partners with Buick for "Knife Fight" Season Three - Debuts Short-Form Series "Eat Like a Man"
Select episodes feature on-air "pantry tours" with host Ilan Hall sourcing the latest secret ingredients in the Buick Regal GS.

[05/05/15 - 11:46 AM]
Josh Charles Joins Hit Series "Masters of Sex" in a Major Guest-Starring Role
He'll play Daniel Logan, a self-made businessman working in the scent industry.

[05/05/15 - 11:03 AM]
E! Continues to Expand Pop Culture Prowess with Two New Series and Dynamic Original Development Slate
"The Comment Section" and "Just Jillian" are on tap for late summer 2015 and early 2016, respectively.

[05/05/15 - 10:08 AM]
Poppy Montgomery Guest Stars in "Signed, Sealed, Delivered: From Paris with Love" Premiering June 6
Eric Mabius, Kristin Booth, Crystal Lowe and Geoff Gustafson return for this world premiere two-hour movie from Martha Williamson.

[05/05/15 - 09:19 AM]
Chiller Unveils 2015-2016 Original Programming, Including Original Movies and Network's First-Ever Original Series
"Slasher" follows the plight of a young woman who returns to the small town where she was born, only to find herself the centerpiece in a series of horrifying copycat murders - based on the widely-known, grisly killings of her parents.

[05/05/15 - 09:14 AM]
HBO Offers Bonus Presentation of "Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck" Next Sunday, May 10
Widely acclaimed at film festivals and in its recent limited theatrical run, the documentary debuted Monday, May 4.

[05/05/15 - 09:06 AM]
"Conan" to Film from Comic-Con(R) International July 8-11
This will mark the first time ever a late-night show has broadcast from San Diego during Comic-Con.