12 NEW CONTESTANTS TWIRL ONTO BRAVO'S "STEP IT UP & DANCE"
BRAVO REVEALS THE 12 DANCERS SET TO COMPETE ON "STEP IT UP & DANCE," PREMIERING ON THURSDAY, APRIL 3 AT 10 PM ET/PT
NEW YORK - February 13, 2008 - Today, Bravo revealed the 12 talented men and women chosen for the new creative dance competition series "Step It Up & Dance." The series will showcase what it takes to make it big in the cutthroat dance industry as the 12 finalists compete in weekly challenges in a variety of dance styles to get the final "call back" and the chance to become the ultimate dancer, winning $100,000. Celebrated actress and dancer Elizabeth Berkley will host the series and Emmy Award nominee and Tony Award-winning director and choreographer Jerry Mitchell ("Hairspray," Legally Blonde") will mentor the dancers. In addition, world-renowned director and choreographer Vincent Paterson (Madonna's "Blond Ambition" Tour, Michael Jackson's "Bad" Tour, and choreographer Nancy O'Meara ("Hannah Montana," "High School Musical Tour"), will serve as judges for the competition. "Step It Up & Dance" will premiere on Bravo, Thursday, April 3, 2008 at 10 PM ET/PT.
To meet the cast of "Step It Up & Dance," visit www.BravoTV.com. Following are the 12 dancers competing on the series (bios attached below):
- Adriana, 25 - Hometown: Shrewsbury, Mass.; Resides in Queens, N.Y.
- Cody, 27 - Hometown: Surrey, Canada; Resides in New York, N.Y.
- James, 23 - Hometown: Charlotte, N.C.; Resides in: Los Angeles, Calif.
- Janelle 18 - Hometown: Modesto, Calif.; Resides in Los Angeles, Calif.
- Jessica, 22 - Hometown/Resides In: San Luis Obispo, Calif.
- Nick, 26 - Hometown: Houston, Texas; Resides in: Los Angeles, Calif.
- Nicole, 29 - Hometown: Farmington Hills, Mich.; Resides in Chicago, Ill.
- Michael, 25 - Hometown: Houston, Texas; Resides in: Los Angeles, Calif.
- Michelle, 30 - Hometown: San Diego, Calif.; Resides in New York, N.Y.
- Miguel, 24 - Hometown: Delano, Calif.; Resides in: Los Angeles, Calif.
- Oscar, 31 - Hometown: Bologna, Italy; Resides in: New York, N.Y.
- Tovah, 21 - Hometown: Chicago, Ill.; Resides in Chicago, Ill.
Whether it's a music video one week or a Vegas spectacular the next, Bravo's new dance series will feature weekly challenges in which the dancers audition for a range of parts, designed to showcase their versatility and moves. The dancers will have access to some of the top choreographers in the industry performing in styles that range from hip-hop and freestyle to Broadway, burlesque and Latin. As the competition gets fierce and contestants are eliminated, only one person will get the final "call back" and the chance to become the ultimate dancer, winning $100,000.
"Step It Up & Dance" is produced by Magical Elves' Jane Lipsitz and Dan Cutforth ("Project Runway," and "Top Chef") and Gunnar Wetterberg, who is also the creator of the series for Magical Elves.
Bravo is a program service of NBC Universal Cable Entertainment, a division of NBC Universal one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience. Bravo has been an NBC cable network since December 2002 and was the first television service dedicated to film and the performing arts when it launched in December 1980. For more information visit www.BravoTV.com.