Celebrate 12 Days of Christmas with Cartoon Network
Cartoon Network original specials and Hanna-Barbera classics bring joy to the whole family
Christmas television specials are a family tradition and this holiday season Cartoon Network presents favorites viewers young and old will enjoy. Celebrate this special time of year with holiday programs from original series including Chowder and The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack along with favorite animated holiday classics like Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer and Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Included are highlights of Cartoon Network's holiday programming schedule. All times ET, PT.
NEW HOLIDAY PREMIERES
· Monday, Dec. 14, at 8:30 p.m.: Gotta Catch Santa Claus -Trevor is a true believer in the holiday spirit, so his skeptical best friend, Veronica, challenges him to show the world actual proof that Santa is real. Trevor and his friends embark on the adventure of a lifetime to catch Santa in action and reveal the true magic of Christmas. But they've got to find Santa before LeFreeze - a dim-witted monster who's carrying a serious 100-year-old grudge - and his snowman minions put Christmas on ice forever! Gotta Catch Santa Claus is produced by Cookie Jar Entertainment. Encore presentations: Sunday, Dec. 20, at 4 p.m.; Wednesday, Dec. 23, at 6:30 p.m.; Thursday, Dec. 24, at 8:30 a.m.
· Thursday, Dec. 17, at 8:30 p.m.: The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack: �Low Tidings� - In his first holiday special, �Low Tidings,� Flap's first Low Tidings Day means trouble for K'nuckles and Bubbie. Encore presentations Saturday, Dec. 19, at 10 a.m.; Wednesday, Dec. 23, at 6:30 p.m.; Thursday, Dec. 24, at 5 p.m.
· Sunday, Dec. 20, at 11 a.m.: How the Toys Saved Christmas - Santa's helper Granny Rose falls ill and must take off a Christmas Eve, so she recruits Mr. Grimm to help deliver all the toys. What no one but the toys knows is that Mr. Grimm plans to auction them off to the highest bidder! His plan means that the toys won't make it to the children who are their destinies. The toys decide to deliver themselves, and the story follows them as they struggle to avoid Mr. Grimm and to find their true homes. Encore presentations: Monday, Dec. 21 at 9 a.m.
CARTOON NETWORK CLASSIC SPECIALS
· Monday, Dec. 14, at 9:30 p.m.: Ed, Edd n Eddy's Jingle, Jingle, Jangle - Eddy's Christmas falls to pieces after he snoops around and discovers that all his soon-to-be gifts are socks, underwear and other clunkers. Eddy decides to take Santa's job into his own hands by attempting to get himself adopted into all of his friends' families, thereby siphoning off their Christmas payload. Eddy learns about how his friends celebrate the holiday, while his best friends, Ed and Double-D, try to convince him that Christmas is about spreading cheer, not greed. Encore presentations: Sunday, Dec. 20, at 3:30 p.m.; Wednesday, Dec. 23, at 5 p.m.; Thursday, Dec. 24, at 12:30 p.m.; Friday, Dec 25, at 9 a.m.
· Wednesday, Dec. 16, at 8:30 p.m.: A Johnny Bravo Christmas - Johnny Bravo goes on an insane sleigh ride to deliver his Christmas wish list directly to Santa. On the way, he teams up with Donny Osmond. Encore presentations: Sunday, Dec.20, at 3 p.m.; Monday, Dec. 21, at 9:30 p.m.; Thursday, Dec. 23, at 5 p.m.; Thursday, Dec. 24, at 8 a.m.
· Friday, Dec. 18, at 7:30 p.m.: Batman: The Brave and the Bold: �Invasion of the Secret Santas!� - Batman and Red Tornado fight to stop Fun Haus' Yuletide crime spree. Encore presentation: Saturday, Dec. 19, at 8:30 p.m.
· Sunday, Dec. 20, at 5:30 p.m.: Chowder: �Hey, Hey it's Knishmas� - �Tis the season and Marzipan City is stirring with anticipation of Knish Krinkle's annual visit. While the townsfolk are out buying Knishmas Trees and stealing kisses under the Gristletoe, Chowder is worried that he may not get the holiday gift he's been dreaming about. And if Mung doesn't make the best Schmingerbread house ever, there's no hope for a happy holiday! Will Mung be forced to buy a dish from Ms. Endive? Will Knish Krinkle leave loads of gifts or just leave in a fit of rage? Encore presentations: Wednesday, Dec. 23, at 2:30 p.m.; Thursday, Dec. 24, at 11 a.m.; Friday, Dec. 25, at 8:30 a.m.
· Monday, Dec. 21, at 11:30 a.m.: George of the Jungle: �Jungle Bells/The Goat of Christmas Presents� - George, Ape and Magnolia attempt to deliver season's greetings after Ursula fails to bring holiday cheer to the jungle. Later, three time-traveling goats attempt to teach George the true meaning of Christmas after he decides to celebrate every day of the year.
· Tuesday, Dec. 22, at 10a.m.: Camp Lazlo: �Kamp Kringle�- After a meteorite falls on Santa's workshop, the jellies try to bring the ho ho ho back to the round man by taking him to Camp Kidney for some fun and relaxation. St.Nick loves camp life so much, however, that he refuses to go back to toy making.
· Tuesday, Dec. 22, at 9 p.m.: The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy: �Billy & Mandy Save Christmas� - To prove to Billy and Mandy that Santa Claus is real, Grim takes them to the North Pole, where they find Mrs. Claus and the elves, but no Santa. They quickly discover there's been a terrible accident - Santa Claus has been turned into a vampire. Billy, Mandy and the Grim Reaper set out on an adventure to save Santa and Christmas before vampires take over the North Pole and destroy the holiday. Encore presentation: Thursday, Dec. 24, at 4 p.m.
· Wednesday, Dec. 23, at 1 p.m.: Krypto the Superdog: Storybook Holiday - Kevin learns a lesson about the importance of family when he and Krypto are magically transported to Storybook Land, where the characters resemble Kevin's relatives. Encore presentation: Thursday, Dec. 24, at 6 a.m.
· Thursday, Dec. 24, at 6:30 a.m.: In Search of Santa - Even in the coldest places on Earth the magic of Christmas can warm the heart. Join penguin princesses Crystal and Lucinda on the adventure of a lifetime in this animated feature. When a sleigh bell mysteriously falls from the sky, pure-hearted Princess Crystal is determined to prove it came from one of Santa's reindeer. Together, she and her sister, Princess Lucinda, set off on a daring journey to the North Pole to find Santa Claus.
· Thursday, Dec. 24, at 3 p.m.: The Powerpuff Girls: �'Twas the Fight Before Christmas� - The Powerpuff Girls are busy saving Christmas everywhere when Princess, Townsville's greediest little girl, plots to trick Santa into turning her into the fourth Powerpuff Girl. Bubbles, Blossom and Buttercup explode into a Yuletide winter blizzard of bad-girl-thwarting action to put Princess in her place and keep Christmas from disappearing forever. Encore presentation: Friday, Dec. 25, at 6 a.m.
· Monday, Dec. 14, at 7p.m.: What's New Scooby-Doo?: �A Scooby-Doo Christmas� - Scooby and the gang must spend the night in Winter Hollow, the snow-logged town terrorized by a headless snowman. The snowman is scaring the townspeople out of their houses on Christmas Eve, the night of his untimely death many years ago. The gang must uncover the mystery of the headless snowman in order to bring Christmas back to the town. Encore presentations: Thursday, Dec. 17, at 9:30 p.m.; Friday, Dec. 18, at 12 p.m.; Sunday, Dec. 20 at 9:30 p.m.; Wednesday, Dec. 22, at 12 p.m.; Thursday, Dec. 24, at 5:30 p.m.; Friday, Dec. 25, at 10:30 a.m.
· Monday, Dec. 14, at 7:30 p.m.: Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer - This holiday story expands on the song of the same name. Grandma and her little general store are in danger of being bought out by developers in the town of Cityville. While Grandma tries to save her store, her grandson, Jake, attempts to save his belief in Santa Claus and the Christmas spirit. Encore Presentations: Thursday, Dec. 17, at 7 p.m.; Sunday, Dec. 20, at 6 p.m.; Monday, Dec. 21, at 6 p.m.; Wednesday, Dec. 23, at 11 a.m.; Thursday, Dec. 24, at 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.; Thursday, Dec. 25, at 11 a.m.
· Monday, Dec. 14, at 9 p.m.: A Jetson Christmas Carol - Old Mr. Spacely forces George to work on Christmas Eve, while at home, his dog Astro swallows a piece of a Christmas present and becomes very ill. Meanwhile, Mr. Spacely is visited by his old partner, Jacob Marsley, who tells him of three spirits that will visit him that night. When Spacely wakes up after seeing all of them, he's a changed man. Encore presentations: Monday, Dec. 21, at 11 a.m.; Thursday, Dec. 24, at 8:30 a.m.
· Tuesday, Dec. 15, at 7 p.m.: A Flintstone Christmas - Fred's holiday job as a part-time Santa at a Bedrock department store lands him in the real Santa's shoes on Christmas eve. Encore presentation: Thursday, Dec. 24, at 2 p.m.
· Tuesday, Dec. 15, at 8 p.m.: Olive the Other Reindeer - Olive the dog travels to the North Pole to help Santa Claus, and one of Santa's reindeer breaks a leg. Olive the Other Reindeer, a one-hour feature, is created by Matt Groening (The Simpsons), and Olive is voiced by Drew Barrymore. Encore presentations: Sunday, Dec. 20, at 4:30 p.m.; Thursday, Dec. 24, at 2 p.m.; Friday, Dec. 25, at 9:30 a.m.
· Wednesday, Dec. 16, at 9 a.m.: A Flintstones Christmas Carol - Christmas is nearly ruined when Fred, who plays Ebenezer Scrooge in a Bedrock Community Players Christmas production, becomes a true-life Scrooge himself. Encore presentations: Sunday, Dec. 20, at 4 p.m.; Friday, Dec. 25, at 7 a.m.
· Wednesday, Dec. 16, at 7 p.m.: Tom & Jerry: A Nutcracker Tale - On a cold Christmas Eve, the Mouse Family is bulldozed from their underground home. Chilly and homeless, the family sets off to find new lodgings and reluctantly seeks shelter in the home of the Atwell family. Amazed at the enormous Christmas tree and bright decorations, Skip and Squeek sneak out of bed and into the living room to discover the real meaning of Christmas. Encore presentations: Sunday, Dec. 20, at 1 p.m.; Tuesday, Dec. 22, at 9 a.m.; Wednesday, Dec. 23, at 5:30 p.m.; Thursday, Dec. 24, at 1 p.m.
· Wednesday, Dec. 16, at 8 p.m.: Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas - Disguised as Santa Claus, the Grinch, along with his loveable dog, Max, steals everything that has to do with Christmas from the town of Whoville. However, he finds that he cannot steal the one thing that makes Christmas special: love for one's fellow man. The Grinch learns the meaning of Christmas and returns all of the stolen goods to the Whos, then joins in their celebration. Encore presentations: Thursday, Dec. 17, at 9 p.m.; Sunday, Dec. 20, at 9 p.m.; Monday, Dec. 21, at 9 p.m.; Tuesday, Dec. 22, at 8:30 p.m.
· Thursday, Dec. 17, at 5 p.m.: Casper's Haunted Christmas - Casper's in high spirits until Kibosh, supreme ruler of all ghosts, decrees that Casper must scare at least one person before Christmas Day or be exiled, along with The Ghostly Trio, into eternal darkness. As usual, kind-hearted Casper has a ghastly time trying to scare anyone. The Ghostly Trio, fed up with his behavior, secretly hires Casper's look-alike cousin Spooky to do the job. Encore presentations: Sunday, Dec. 20, at 9 a.m.; Wednesday, Dec. 23, at 9 a.m.; Thursday, Dec. 24, at 7 p.m.; Friday, Dec. 25, at 12 p.m.
· Friday, Dec. 18, at 9 a.m.: Yogi's First Christmas - Hanna-Barbera's most beloved classic characters, including Huckleberry Hound and Snagglepuss, join Yogi at Jellystone Lodge for a Christmas celebration in this much-loved holiday movie. Encore presentations: Tuesday, Dec. 22, at 9 a.m.; Friday, Dec. 25, at 6a.m.;
· Friday, Dec. 18, at 11 a.m.: A Christmas Story - A bright little boy named Timmy makes a special request of Santa in the form of a letter he believes has been mailed but instead has been misplaced. Goober the dog and Gumdrop the mouse discover the letter and set out to deliver it to Santa so Timmy's wish comes true at Christmas. Encore presentations: Thursday, Dec. 24, at 6:30 a.m.
· Friday, Dec. 18, at 11:30 a.m.: 'Tis the Season to be Smurfy - The other Smurfs learn a lesson about the true meaning of Christmas when they help bring some holiday cheer to the lives of an old toy seller and his gravely ill wife. Encore presentations: Thursday, Dec. 24, at 7:30 a.m.
· Sunday, Dec. 20, at 8 a.m.: Casper's First Christmas - A joyful group of cartoon friends visit Casper on Christmas Eve. Hairy Scary tries to scare their Christmas spirits away until a touching gesture changes his heart. Encore presentations: Tuesday, Dec. 22, at 11 a.m.; Friday, Dec. 25, at 8:30 a.m.
· Sunday, Dec. 20, at 8:30 a.m.: The Smurfs' Christmas Special - The Smurfs must use every little ounce of goodness they can muster to battle an even greater evil than Gargamel. Encore presentations: Tuesday, Dec. 22, at 11:30 a.m.; Thursday, Dec. 24, at 7 a.m.
· Sunday, Dec. 20, at 2 p.m.: Bah Humduck: A Looney Tunes Christmas - As the owner of the Lucky Duck department store chain, Daffy Duck plays a modern-day Scrooge who has a lesson to learn about the meaning of Christmas. Porky Pig's daughter, Pricilla, Bugs and the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Future try to turn Daffy around and warm his heart to love more than just money. Encore presentations: Monday, Dec. 21, at 5 p.m.; Thursday, Dec. 24, at 9 a.m. and 9 p.m.; Friday, Dec. 25 at 9:30 a.m.
· Thursday, Dec. 24, at 11:30 a.m.: The Legend of Frosty the Snowman - When Frosty blows into chilly Evergreen, a perfect little town where fun is against the rules, he's shocked to learn that the kids don't know how to ice skate, pack a snowball or even use a sled. Frosty teaches everyone to have fun in their winter wonderland but the evil, ambitious Principal Pankley steps in to take control by dethroning good-natured Mayor Tinkerton., making Evergreen more orderly than ever. Now it's up to Tinkerton's son Tommy to save his dad and the town, with a little help from his new friend, Frosty.
Cartoon Network (CartoonNetwork.com), currently seen in more than 97 million U.S. homes and 166 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.'s ad-supported cable service now available in HD offering the best in original, acquired and classic entertainment for youth and families. Nightly from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. (ET, PT), Cartoon Network shares its channel space with Adult Swim, a late-night destination showcasing original and acquired animated and live-action series for young adults 18-34.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news, entertainment, animation and young adult media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.