THE JUDDS AND LORETTA LYNN JOIN MIRANDA LAMBERT,
MARTINA McBRIDE, JENNIFER NETTLES, REBA AND
CARRIE UNDERWOOD AS HONOREES ON
"GIRLS' NIGHT OUT: SUPERSTAR WOMEN OF COUNTRY,"
TAPING MONDAY, APRIL 4 FOR BROADCAST FRIDAY, APRIL 22
ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK
All Honorees Are Scheduled to Perform, Along With Jason Aldean,
Ronnie Dunn, Rascal Flatts, Vince Gill and Blake Shelton
The Judds and Loretta Lynn will join previously announced country superstars Miranda Lambert, Martina McBride, Jennifer Nettles, Reba and Carrie Underwood on GIRLS' NIGHT OUT: SUPERSTAR WOMEN OF COUNTRY, country music's concert of the year. All honorees will perform and be honored at the taping on Monday, April 4 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, airing Friday, April 22 (9:00-11:00 PM) on the CBS Television Network.
Throughout the concert, each presenter will perform a solo and occasionally a duet with their honoree. Duets include Ronnie Dunn with Jennifer Nettles, Rascal Flatts with Reba, Vince Gill with Carrie Underwood, as well as special performances by Jason Aldean and Blake Shelton, and more to be announced.
The special is a tribute concert featuring an A-list lineup of performers paying respect to today's most popular female artists in country music, all of whom will be honored with unique accolades from the Academy of Country Music (ACM) for special achievements in their careers.
GIRLS' NIGHT OUT: SUPERSTAR WOMEN OF COUNTRY honorees include:
· The Judds, who will be recognized for being the ACM's most award-winning female duo, having won Vocal Duo of the Year seven years in a row, 1984 � 1990, and Song of the Year in 1984 for "Why Not Me."
· Miranda Lambert, who will be recognized for being the only female artist in the Academy's history to ever win Album of the Year twice, first for Crazy Ex-Girlfriend in 2007 and again for Revolution in 2009.
· Loretta Lynn, who will be recognized for her amazing 50-year career as a leading female artist in country music, which includes being the only female artist recognized by the Academy as Artist of the Decade, Entertainer of the Year and Female Vocalist of the Year four times.
· Martina McBride, who will be recognized by ACM Lifting Lives for her dedication to raising social consciousness through songs such as "Independence Day" and "Concrete Angel," which raise awareness of domestic violence and encourage female empowerment. McBride has won Female Vocalist of the Year three times (2001, 2002 and 2003).
· Jennifer Nettles, who will be recognized for being one of only two female artists in the Academy's history to ever solo write and perform Song of the Year, in 2007, with "Stay."
· Reba, who will be recognized for winning Female Vocalist of the Year seven times�more than any other artist in the Academy's history.
· Carrie Underwood, who will be recognized for being the only female artist in the Academy's history to ever win Entertainer of the Year twice, first in 2008 and again in 2009 (she is the reigning Entertainer of the Year, since Awards recognize the previous calendar year's work).
GIRLS' NIGHT OUT: SUPERSTAR WOMEN OF COUNTRY is dedicated to honoring and showcasing the biggest names and emerging talent in the country music industry. The show is produced for television by dick clark productions. Orly Adelson and R.A. Clark are executive producers; Barry Adelman is the producer and Bob Bardo serves as the executive in charge of production for the Academy of Country Music.