NBC ANNOUNCES STAR-STUDDED LINEUP OF MUSICAL GUESTS AND PRESENTERS FOR THE FIRST EVER AMERICAN GIVING AWARDS PRESENTED BY CHASE, SATURDAY, DECEMBER 10 AT 8:00PM ET
Colin Farrell to Receive the Inaugural AGA Leadership Award
will.i.am, Rodney Atkins, LeAnn Rimes, Taio Cruz, and Jackie Evancho to Perform
Presenters Include Miley Cyrus, Terrence Howard, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, J.R. Martinez and more
Online Voting to Select the Top Charity Ends December 8
NEW YORK, NY, December 7, 2011 - Golden Globe(R) Award-winning actor Colin Farrell will be honored with the inaugural AGA Leadership Award for his philanthropic endeavors at the first-ever American Giving Awards (AGAs) presented by Chase. Hosted by 22-time Emmy Award-winner Bob Costas, the AGAs will be broadcast on NBC on Saturday, December 10, 8:00 - 10:00p.m. ET from the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion in Los Angeles, CA.
Golden Globe Award winning actor Colin Farrell will be recognized for his ongoing support of several causes including combating homophobia, championing the Special Olympics, active participation with the Make-A-Wish Foundation and raising awareness of Angelman Syndrome - a neuro-genetic disorder that occurs in 1 in 15,000 children. His passionate and ongoing support for Angelman's Syndrome has helped raised public awareness about the disease and directly impacted financial support for pharmaceutical research.
During the broadcast produced by dick clark productions and Intersport, will.i.am will join performers LeAnn Rimes, Taio Cruz, Rodney Atkins and Jackie Evancho by taking the stage to lend their voices to honor the local heroes from each AGA finalist. Presenters will include singer/actress Miley Cyrus, award-winning actor Terrence Howard, "Dancing with the Stars" winner J.R. Martinez, "Modern Family" star Jesse Tyler Ferguson, actress Gabrielle Union and Miss USA Alyssa Campanella.
Now through December 8, Facebook fans of Chase Community Giving (CCG) and some Chase online customers will determine how much each charity will receive by voting for their favorite featured charity online. The winning charity will receive a $1 million grant from Chase, to be revealed during the television broadcast.
For more information on the American Giving Awards Presented by Chase, and to vote for the winning charity, visit www.nbc.com/americangivingawards.
The finalists to be honored at the AGAs each represent one of the five categories recognizing the "building blocks" of our communities:
Educators & Mentors
- Let's Get Ready, Inc., of New York, NY, works to expand college access for motivated, low-income high school students by providing free SAT preparation and college admission counseling.
Champions of Health & Wellness
- To Write Love on Her Arms, of Cocoa, FL, is dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury and suicide. TWLOHA exists to encourage, inform, inspire and also to invest directly into treatment and recovery.
Heroes & Leaders
- Wish Upon a Hero Foundation, Inc., of Moorestown, NJ, utilizes social media and technology to connect those in need of support, including patients with long-term illnesses, military families, and natural disaster survivors, with people who can fulfill their wishes and truly change their lives.
- Move for Hunger, Inc., of Neptune, NJ, works with moving companies across America to pick up the unopened, non-perishable food items from people during the moving process and deliver it to their local food banks.
- Matthew Shepard Foundation, of Casper, WY, was created in the memory of anti-gay hate crime victim Matthew Shepard to encourage respect for human dignity and difference by raising awareness, opening dialogues, and promoting positive change.
Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.3 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. Chase serves consumers and small businesses through 5,200 bank branches, 16,200 ATMs, mortgage offices, and online and mobile banking as well as through relationships with auto dealerships and schools and universities. Chase also has issued more than 90 million credit cards. More information about Chase is available at www.chase.com.
About dick clark productions, inc.
Founded in 1957, dick clark productions, inc. (dcp) is a leading independent producer of television programming. dcp produces perennial hits such as the "American Music Awards," "Golden Globe Awards," "Academy of Country Music Awards," and "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest." dcp also produces popular weekly television programming, including "So You Think You Can Dance," and owns and maintains one of the world's most unique and extensive entertainment libraries, which includes more than 30 years of "American Bandstand" footage. For additional information about dcp, please visit www.dickclarkproductions.com.
For 26 years, Intersport has been an award-winning innovator and leader in the creation of sports and entertainment based marketing platforms. Intersport provides turnkey solutions for global brands by combining two divisions: Sponsorship & Event Marketing and Television & Digital Media. The Emmy-award winning producers within Intersport's Television Programming & Production Division specialize in the delivery of customized media solutions through original content, robust distribution and organic brand messaging within quality programming. Intersport delivers content to all broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC). To learn more about Intersport, log on to www.intersportnet.com, like us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/IntersportBuzz) or follow us on Twitter (@IntersportBuzz).
Please follow us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/nbc and on Twitter at @NBC.