TLC SHARES ROYAL ROMANCE WITH "UNDERCOVER PRINCES" AND "UNDERCOVER PRINCESSES"
Two all-new series set to premiere starting on January 31 at 10 PM ET/PT
(Los Angeles, CA) - TLC explores what it's like when you have everything in the world except true love with the all-new series UNDERCOVER PRINCES, premiering January 31 at 10 PM, and UNDERCOVER PRINCESSES, premiering February 28 at 10 PM. The two series follow royalty on the pursuit of love as three single princes and princesses from around the world go undercover as locals in the UK in hopes of finding their true love to take back to their kingdom. They hit the bars and clubs, internet dating sites and even try their hand at speed dating in search for someone who can love them for more than just their wealth and title. The network will air four episodes of UNDERCOVER PRINCES and four episodes of UNDERCOVER PRINCESSES with a one-hour update special scheduled to air March 27.
During their quest for love the princesses share a house in Essex, known for the party scene while the princes will live together in a Brighton townhouse, an area steep in royal heritage with a higher than average number of singles. Both sets of "undercovers" will ditch their fleets of servants and be forced to cook, clean and shop for themselves. To maximize their chances to find dates, royalty will also be working everyday jobs including cleaning hotels, waiting tables and bartending to explore the possibility of sparking up a romance with their co-workers.
The princes include:
· Crown Prince Manvendra of Rajpipla: Age 46; from one of India's richest royal families; shocked the world by becoming the first Indian royal to come out as gay.
· Prince Africa Zulu of Onkweni Royal House: Age 33; from South Africa; grew up in a traditional and conservative family; struggles with the liberal Brighton culture and with Prince Manvendra's sexuality.
· Prince Remigius of Jaffna: Age 47; from Sri Lanka; raised with strict protocol in search of a queen to continue the royal line.
The princesses include:
· Princess Xenia of Saxony: Age 22; from Germany; well-known celebrity; her sexy image is constantly in the press.
· Princess Aaliya of Balasinor: Age 35; from India; comes from family of arranged marriages; has never dated nor had a boyfriend.
· Princess Sheillah of Buganda: From Buganda Kingdom, the largest and most powerful kingdom in Uganda; pop star and one of the most famous women in her country.
UNDERCOVER PRINCES and UNDERCOVER PRINCESSES are produced by Objective Productions an ALL3MEDIA Company.
TLC is a global brand that celebrates extraordinary people and relatable life moments through innovative nonfiction programming. A top 10 cable network in key female demos, TLC has built successful franchises around the Cake Boss and Say Yes to the Dress brands. In 2011, TLC had 28 series averaging 1.0 million P2+ viewers or more including Sister Wives, My Strange Addiction, Extreme Couponing, Toddlers & Tiaras, NY Ink, 19 Kids and Counting, and What Not To Wear.
TLC is available in more than 99 million homes in the US and 75 million households in 34 countries internationally. A destination online, TLC.com offers in-depth fan sites, exclusive video content, and original editorial covering style, home, food, and more. Fans can also interact with TLC via On Demand services, on mobile platforms, including an iPhone App, and through social media such as Facebook or @TLC on Twitter. TLC is part of Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA,DISCB, DISCK), the world's number one nonfiction media company reaching more than 1.5 billion cumulative subscribers in over 210 countries and territories.