[09/18/12 - 10:05 PM]
"So You Think You Can Dance" Voting Results for September 18
FOX details the winner of its summer mainstay's latest season.

[via press release from FOX]

ELIANA GIRARD AND CHEHON WESPI-TSCHOPP ARE CROWNED AMERICA'S FAVORITE DANCERS ON THE SEASON NINE FINALE OF "SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE"

Winners to be Featured on the Cover of Dance Spirit Magazine

Two-Hour Season Finale Included Performances by Carly Rae Jepsen, Dragon House Crew and the Top 20 Finalists

The ninth season of SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE came to a conclusion tonight when Eliana Girard and Chehon Wespi-Tschopp were crowned the winners during the live two-hour season finale on FOX. Girard, 21, from West Palm Beach, FL, and Wespi-Tschopp, 23, from Zurich, Switzerland, received the most of America's votes and danced off with the cash prize of $125,000 each. Fellow finalists Tiffany Maher and Cyrus Spencer were eliminated as host Cat Deeley revealed the voting results.

"What I have imagined winning would feel like was like winning the lottery," said Eliana Girard. "I hoped for it every single day and when it actually happened I felt like my life was complete. Whatever happens afterwards doesn't matter because all my dreams have come true! And I want to take the time to thank all the fans for their support, because they don't realize how much they helped me get through this! And of course my family too! I love you guys and thank you a bazillion times over!"

"Winning SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE gives me the most unbelievable and rewarding feeling," said Chehon Wespi-Tschopp. "It is a truly special ending to my journey, far beyond anything that I thought possible. It gives me a great sense of accomplishment that all the hard work that I've put in since starting ballet at 13 was completely worth it. I'd like to thank this show for giving me the opportunity of a lifetime, and to all my supporters who have made me believe in my talents, and most importantly, my parents, who have always been there for me and sacrificed so much for me to pursue my dream!"

In addition to naming America's Favorite Dancers, the Season Nine finale of SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE featured performances by this season's Top 20 dancers. The celebration also showcased the judges' favorite routines from the season - including a special performance by Dragon House Crew, who were introduced, along with fellow member and runner-up Cyrus Spencer, in the Atlanta audition episode. The season finale also featured a special appearance by Carly Rae Jepsen who performed her new single, "This Kiss."

Last week, Nigel announced the SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE Experience, a three-day dance convention filled with classes, seminars, a mock audition and performances during which participants can learn, watch and be inspired by their favorite SYTYCD dancers and choreographers. The first clinic will take place from Sept. 21-23 at the Mirage Resort and Casino in Las Vegas. For details, please visit www.fox.com/dance.

Also, this season's Top 10 dancers will participate in the 30-city SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE Tour 2012. Tickets are on sale now for the tour, which kicks off in San Diego, CA, on Tuesday, Oct. 23. More details can be found on www.fox.com/dance.

SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE was created by Simon Fuller and Nigel Lythgoe and comes from 19 Entertainment and dick clark productions. The series is executive-produced by Simon Fuller, Nigel Lythgoe and Barry Adelman. Become a fan of SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE on Facebook at www.facebook.com/soyouthinkyoucandance. Follow the series on Twitter at @DANCEonFOX and join the discussion at #sytycd.

[september 2012]

· SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE (FOX)

[07/23/16 - 07:19 PM]
Video: "Vixen" Season 2 Sneak Peek Highlight Reel Comic-Con(R) 2016
The sizzle is highlighted by guest appearances from The Flash, Firestorm and Weather Wizard.

[07/23/16 - 07:18 PM]
Video: "The Flash" Comic-Con(R) 2016 Highlight Reel & Season 3 First Look
The exclusive highlight reel offered attendees a first look at footage from the show's fast-approaching third season.

[07/23/16 - 07:17 PM]
Video: "Arrow" Comic-Con(R) 2016 Highlight Reel
The annual, and always on point, SDCC highlight reel featured first looks at Team Arrow 2.0 recruits Evelyn Sharp and Wild Dog.

[07/23/16 - 05:13 PM]
Video: "Scream Queens" - Panel Highlights
Check out some hilarious highlights from the show's panel at San Diego Comic-Con.

[07/23/16 - 05:12 PM]
Video: "The Exorcist" - Panel Highlights & Fan Reactions
The cast the creators discuss the all-new FOX show at San Diego Comic-Con.

[07/23/16 - 05:11 PM]
Video: "Bob's Burgers" - Panel Highlights & Cast Impressions
Take a look at some of the questions the creators and cast answered during the show's panel at San Diego Comic-Con.

[07/23/16 - 05:10 PM]
Video: "Bones" - Panel Highlights
The cast and creators talk about the past and the future of the show at San Diego Comic-Con.

[07/23/16 - 05:02 PM]
New Heroes and Villains on Board for Season Two of "DC's Legends of Tomorrow"
Plus: watch the panel's highlight reel that recapped all the exciting Season 1 action.

[07/23/16 - 04:30 PM]
Video: BBC America Releases First Look at Original Series "Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency"
The series is now in production and will premiere October 22.

[07/23/16 - 04:18 PM]
Wayne Enterprises Gifted One Lucky Fan the Chance to Win $1 Million Dollars Today at the "Gotham" Comic-Con Panel
Plus: check out a sneak peek at new footage from the Season 3 premiere episode.

[07/23/16 - 03:59 PM]
Video: "Legion" Official Trailer - An Original Series from FX and Marvel
The series stars Dan Stevens, Rachel Keller, Jean Smart, Katie Aselton, Jeremie Harris, Amber Midthunder - with Bill Irwin and Aubrey Plaza.

[07/23/16 - 03:20 PM]
The Newest Starfleet Ship in the "Star Trek" Television Franchise, The U.S.S. Discovery, Unveiled Today at Comic-Con International
The ship name will also serve as the official title for the highly anticipated new series, "Star Trek: Discovery," coming to CBS All Access in January 2017, following the premiere on the CBS Television Network.

[07/23/16 - 02:59 PM]
Syfy Renews "Wynonna Earp" from SEVEN24 Films and IDW Entertainment
The announcement came during the "Wynonna Earp" panel at Comic Con International in San Diego where the full cast appeared as guests.

[07/23/16 - 02:36 PM]
Video: "We Bare Bears" and "The Powerpuff Girls" Team Up at San Diego Comic-Con with Cartoon Network's Back-to-Back Panel Extravaganza
Never-before-seen clips from the hit shows were unveiled at the Indigo Ballroom in the Hilton Bayfront for all fans to enjoy.

[07/23/16 - 02:16 PM]
Video: Watch Two All-New "The Simpsons" Promos
Season 28 premieres Sunday, September 25 at 8:00/7:00c on FOX.