LET THE GAMES BEGIN!
LIFETIME ANNOUNCES THE DESIGNERS BACK FOR REDEMPTION AND FASHION GLORY IN SECOND SEASON OF "PROJECT RUNWAY ALL STARS," PREMIERING THURSDAY, OCTOBER 25
New host Supermodel CAROLYN MURPHY Joins
Series Judges, Designers ISAAC MIZRAHI and GEORGINA CHAPMAN
and Mentor JOANNA COLES, former Editor-in-Chief of Marie Claire
Celebrity Guest Judges in Season Two Include KATIE HOLMES, STACY KEIBLER,
KYLIE MINOGUE and LIV TYLER, Among Many Others
NEW YORK, NY - September 27, 2012 - They're back (again) and ready to win - with a vengeance! Thirteen talented designers from past seasons of the Emmy(R) Award-nominated Project Runway return to the workroom for another shot at being the last designer standing on the runway in the second season of Lifetime's Project Runway All Stars, premiering Thursday, October 25, at 9pm ET/PT. Featuring new host supermodel Carolyn Murphy, these designers will have to prove to judges Isaac Mizrahi and Georgina Chapman and mentor Joanna Coles, former Editor-in-Chief of Marie Claire that they have what it takes to win Project Runway All Stars. The second season of the hit series will also include top name celebrity guest judges, including Katie Holmes, Kylie Minogue, Stacy Keibler, Liv Tyler and Gretchen Mol as well as respected fashion luminaries such as Diane von Furstenberg, Jason Wu, Margherita Missoni, Charlotte Ronson, Rafe Totengco and Elie Tahari plus fashion blogging sensation Tavi Gevinson and cameo appearances by Karl Lagerfeld and the House of Valentino.
The competition will be as fierce as ever, as these Project Runway fan favorites must once again prove they still have the talent, innovation and creativity that made them a household name. With the biggest prize package in Runway history, bragging rights and the chance for redemption all on the line, who will have what it takes to impress this panel of judges and finally take home fashion's top prize?
Designers for Project Runway All Stars season two include:
· Wendy Pepper (Middleburg, VA) - Season One, Second Runner-Up - A villain to remember on the first-ever season of Project Runway, Wendy made her mark in the workroom and on the Runway with her feminine dresses, structural form-fitting jackets, strong patterns and even stronger personality, beating out Austin Scarlett for the final spot to show at fashion week. Since her time on Project Runway, she opened her own boutique and launched a new line called "Pretty World."
· Andrae Gonzalo (New York, NY) - Season Two - Best known for his emotional outbursts on his season, Andrae's designs frequently contrasted elements of poverty and luxury. After the show, Andrae was given the challenge to create an original duffel bag for the "Keep a Child Alive AIDS" charity auction.
· Kayne Gillaspie (Oklahoma City, OK) - Season Three - Kayne's pageant sensibilities proved valuable when he won the "Fit for a Queen" challenge and designed an evening gown for Tara Conner, Miss USA 2007 to wear at the Miss Universe Pageant. Since his season, Kayne has established the award winning shoe line "Johnathan Kayne" produced by Benjamin Walk Corporation.
· Uli Herzner (Miami, FL) - Season Three, First Runner-up - Uli's designs are feminine, flowy and colorful, inspired by the beaches and climate of her hometown Miami. She currently has continued success with her designs and even has her own show called "It's Very Uli" on Plum TV.
· Suede (Barryville, NY) - Season Five - Known for his confidence, brightly colored hair and speaking about himself in the third person, Suede's dynamic personality and eye-catching style attracted a major following. His designs can be seen on celebrities such as Britney Spears, Brooke Burke, Jennifer Aniston, Jessica Simpson and Christina Aguilera.
· Althea Harper (New Haven, CT) - Season Six, First Runner-up - As stunning as one of her own models, Althea's design aesthetic emphasizes draping, silhouette and tailoring that flatters the curves of a strong woman. Since Project Runway, Althea was invited to become part of the Tory Burch design team and she has since designed full-time for her own successful line "Althea Harper." She is currently the head designer for Quincy.
· Emilio Sosa (New York, NY) - Season Seven, First Runner-up - With a record-breaking three consecutive challenge wins and more wins in the season than any other designer, Emilio was the favorite to win. But his jaw-dropping defeat to season seven winner Seth Aaron, left him speechless. This year, he was nominated for a Tony(R) Award for Best Costume Design of a Musical for The Gershwins' Porgy and Bess.
· Peach Carr (Lake Forest, IL) -- Season Eight - A favorite among the designers and fans who enjoyed her refreshingly positive, bubbly personality, her athletic design styles have built a strong following and loyal buyers. Peach's designs can often be seen on "Real Housewives of NYC" Alex McCord on red carpets.
· Casanova (New York, NY) - Season Eight - Chock full of personality, Casanova was the underdog everyone rooted for and the first Puerto Rican fashion designer to ever participate on Project Runway. Casanova is a spokesperson for Microsoft's "HP Touchsmart PC" and continues to show his designs at Fashion Week.
· Ivy Higa (New York, NY) - Season Eight - Big on attitude, high in self-esteem and full of talent, Ivy's opinionated and headstrong personality was the source of many conflicts during her season. In 2009, after Project Runway, Ivy was chosen by NBC New York's ThreadNY as designer to watch and has dressed celebrities, such as Olivia Munn.
· Anthony Ryan Auld (Baton Rouge, LA) - Season Nine - Cancer survivor Anthony's sense of humor and sharp one-liners were memorable. But it was his 'unconventional' birdseed dress that made him a fan favorite. Anthony founded his own charity "RockOne", a movement to fight caner with fashion and founded Mode Fashion Week in Baton Rouge.
· Laura Kathleen (St. Louis, MO) - Season Nine - A self-proclaimed girly-girl with a sharp tongue and strong personality, Laura's designs are inspired by vintage style, tailoring techniques and the manipulation of fabric. Laura recently opened her own business and released her ready-to-wear collection.
· Joshua McKinley (New York, NY) - Season Nine, First Runner-up - Loud and bold with a no-holds barred opinion on everyone else and their designs, he's ready for another walk down the Runway. Joshua is currently developing his own line and continues to design for his private clients.
The winner of season two of Project Runway All Stars will have the chance to create a custom-branded capsule collection for Nine West, and will be awarded a cash prize of $150,000, a sewing and embroidery studio provided by Brother Sewing and Embroidery, an all-expenses paid trip around the world to attend fashion weeks in cities such as Paris, London, Milan and Tokyo courtesy of Laura Mercier and a technology suite/office space from HP and Intel to bring the designer's creativity to life and run his or her business. The winner will also receive a fashion spread in Marie Claire magazine and a position with the publication as Contributing Editor for one year.
Project Runway All Stars is produced by The Weinstein Company and Bunim/Murray Productions. Executive producers include Harvey Weinstein and Bob Weinstein (Co-Chairmen of The Weinstein Company), and Meryl Poster and Barbara Schneeweiss of The Weinstein Company, Jonathan Murray and Gil Goldschein of Bunim/Murray Productions, Rob Bagshaw (Top Chef Masters, Paradise Hotel) and Rob Sharenow, Gena McCarthy and David Hillman of Lifetime Television.