Heisman Trophy Presentation Saturday on ESPN
ESPN will continue its comprehensive college football coverage with the exclusive telecast of the 78th annual Heisman Trophy Presentation presented by Nissan on Saturday, Dec. 8, at 8 p.m. ET on ESPN. The live telecast, from the Best Buy Theater in New York, will also be available on WatchESPN, ESPN Mobile TV and ESPN Radio. The three finalists are senior quarterback Collin Klein (Kansas State), red-shirt freshman quarterback Johnny Manziel (Texas A&M) and senior linebacker Manti Te'o (Notre Dame). Highlights:
· Host Chris Fowler will be joined by College GameDay Built by The Home Depot colleagues Kirk Herbstreit, Desmond Howard and Tom Rinaldi.
· ESPN college football commentator and "Heismanologist" Joe Tessitore will give historical analysis using the Heisman Touchscreen - a 65-inch monitor application. He will also analyze the voting results by region.
· ESPN's 16th year of televising the presentation includes interviews with and features on all the finalists in attendance and conversations with their head coaches.
· Television personality and Notre Dame alum Regis Philbin will narrate a tribute to the former Fighting Irish Heisman winners.
· A 50th anniversary tribute to 1962 winner Terry Baker (Oregon State)
· Freddie Coleman and Mel Kiper, Jr. will co-host the three-hour Heisman Trophy Special on ESPN Radio beginning at 7 p.m. The special will feature live coverage the Heisman winner announcement and his acceptance speech, as well as pre-presentation interviews with the three finalists in New York, and a post-announcement interview with the winner.
ESPN International networks will provide live or delayed coverage of the Heisman Presentation on ESPN Americas, ESPN Atlantic, ESPN2 Australia, ESPN2 Caribbean, ESPN Middle East, ESPN PacRim and TSN Canada.
ESPN Films' 30 for 30, presented by Buick Verano, will premiere You Don't Know Bo following the Heisman Presentation at 9 p.m. on ESPN. The film explores the feats of the former Heisman trophy winner from his childhood to his early days at Auburn University and through his career as a professional baseball and football star.
You Don't Know Bo, directed by Michael Bonfiglio and produced by @radical.media, takes a close look at two-sport athlete Vincent Edward "Bo" Jackson and the creation of a legend. As the only athlete ever selected to play in the NFL Pro Bowl and the MLB All-Star Game, Jackson will forever be known as a cultural icon who looms larger than life as one of the most famous athletes of all time. This film examines the truths and tall tales that surround Jackson, and how his seemingly impossible deeds captured the country's collective imagination for an all-too-brief period in time.
From Kickoff to Confetti!
ESPN has the BCS covered on ESPN / WatchESPN / ESPN Radio / ESPN Deportes
Tuesday, Jan. 1 - Rose Bowl Game presented by VIZIO (5 p.m. ET) & Discover Orange Bowl (8:30 p.m.)
Wednesday, Jan. 2 - Allstate Sugar Bowl (8:30 p.m.) - also on ESPN 3D
Thursday, Jan. 3 - Tostitos Fiesta Bowl (8:30 p.m.)
Monday, Jan. 7 - Discover BCS National Championship (8:30 p.m.) - also on ESPN 3D