"FAMILY GAME NIGHT" RETURNS WITH FOUR NEW GAMES THIS SEASON STARTING SUNDAY, AUG. 18 ON THE HUB NETWORK
Popular Family Game Show Introduces New Larger-Than-Life Versions of
JENGA, MONOPOLY Remix, BARREL OF MONKEYS, and YAHTZEE
LOS ANGELES - The Hub Network, a destination for kids and their families, premieres the fourth season of its top-rated, family game show "Family Game Night," Sunday, August 18, 7- 8 p.m. ET. Hosted by Daytime Emmy(R) Award-winner Todd Newton, the series returns with four all-new, larger-than-life versions of classic games, including JENGA, MONOPOLY Remix, BARREL OF MONKEYS and a new way to play YAHTZEE. During the action-packed hour of competition, families of varying sizes are picked from the audience to compete for a chance to win cash and prizes, including a brand-new car. The series is produced by Hasbro Studios and Zoo Productions.
The new line-up of challenges this season include:
· JENGA: Two families remove and stack blocks on an oversized version of the iconic JENGA tower. The game starts with one member from each family picking a numbered disc from a box. The number indicates how many JENGA blocks the other family members have to pull from anywhere on the tower and stack on top within a two-minute time allotment. The tension builds with each turn as the tower gets perilously higher and unstable, and the families race against the clock. The family who avoids knocking over the tower or running out of time during their turn wins the game.
· BARREL OF MONKEYS: In order to win the game, the sole family playing pulls virtual monkey chains of varying lengths out of big barrels and correctly hangs them in sequential order on one of five trees. But it is not as easy as it sounds. The family has to be strategic when placing each monkey chain in order to win the game. For example, if a family picks a barrel with a chain of nine animated monkeys and places it on the red tree on the far right, they could potentially lose the game if the next barrel they pick has a chain of 10 monkeys.
· MONOPOLY Remix: The fast-dealing game of properties is re-imagined in a whole new way where a sharp eye and a good sense of recall are rewarded with cash and prizes. One family plays on a MONOPOLY-style virtual game board with two property spaces - Boardwalk and Park Place - and starts with $1,000 of MONOPOLY money. In the first round, Boardwalk and Park Place are shuffled amongst two penalty spaces - Luxury Tax and Income Tax. Family members use keen vision and extreme concentration to follow the properties as they are rapidly shuffled around the playing field. If the family accurately identifies and places their jumbo-sized hotels where Boardwalk and Park Place landed on the game board, they keep the $1,000 of MONOPOLY money. If the family places their hotels on the penalty spaces, they pay the fine. There are three rounds with an additional penalty space added after each round. If the family has any MONOPOLY money left at the end of the game, they win the remaining money and a prize.
· YAHTZEE: The famous dice game is re-invented for the new season. YAHTZEE is now played in two rounds by one family. The object of the game is to stop the spinning animated dice in order to get a Yahtzee, which is five-of-a-kind. Before the family plays, they answer one question that has three correct answers. Each correct answer earns them one WILD space on all five dice; the WILD space can represent any number on the dice and helps the family get closer to the ultimate five-of-a-kind Yahtzee. If they get Yahtzee in three rolls or less, they win a prize.
· RETURNING GAMES: The fourth season of "Family Game Night" also features returning fan-favorite games BATTLESHIP, CONNECT 4 Basketball, SIMON Flash, SORRY!, OPERATION, and BOP IT! Boptagon, which has two all-new stations - Lift It! (a barbell) and Dunk It! (a basketball). Similar to last season, every family that participates on "Family Game Night" plays in the Community Chest round. One lucky family with the combination that opens the chest advances to the final MONOPOLY Crazy Crash round and has a chance to win cash and a new car.
About the Hub Network
The Hub Network is a multi-platform joint venture between Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) and Hasbro, Inc., (NASDAQ: HAS) with a goal of entertaining, enlightening, empowering and educating children and their families. The cable and satellite television network features original programming as well as content from Discovery's library of award-winning children's educational programming; from Hasbro's rich portfolio of entertainment and educational properties built during the past 90 years; and from leading third-party producers worldwide. The Hub Network's lineup includes animated and live-action series, as well as specials, game shows, and family-favorite movies. The network extends its content through a robust and engaging online presence at www.hubworld.com. The Hub Network rebranded from Discovery Kids on October 10, 2010, and is available in over 72 million U.S. households. The Hub Network logo and name are trademarks of Hub Television Networks, LLC. All rights reserved.
To find the channel in your area, please visit http://www.hubworld.com and check the channel locator at the top of the page.
Visit the Hub Network on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/hubtvnetwork
About Hasbro Studios
Hasbro Studios is the Los Angeles-based entertainment division of Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS). The studio is responsible for entertainment brand-driven storytelling for the company across television, film, commercial productions and short-form. It develops, produces and distributes TV shows based on Hasbro's world class brands, including TRANSFORMERS, MY LITTLE PONY, LITTLEST PET SHOP and FAMILY GAME NIGHT. Many of these shows air on Hub Network, a U.S. television network for kids and their families, that is a joint venture between Hasbro and Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK). Hasbro Studios shows can also be seen on networks in more than 170 countries globally. Since its formation in 2009, the studio has received seven Daytime Emmy wins and 16 nominations. On the film side, the studio is developing and producing a number of features based on Hasbro's brands, including TRANSFORMERS 4 (Paramount), STRETCH ARMSTRONG (Relativity Media) and CANDY LAND (Sony). The studio team also oversees the production of commercials that feature Hasbro's brands as well production of short-form content that can be seen on all of the major digital and social media platforms globally.